• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The game looks fine. I was kind of hyped when I saw the banner up on the Steam shop.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yay or Nay?
Seems pretty good to me. I will admit that the "preorder for *insert bonus thing ready before the game is even out *here" thing makes me want to deep-fry a puppy, but that's just me.

Will get this once i am able to buy stuff from e-shop.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Mighty No 9 is looking pretty good overall. I'll wait for it to drop when I can.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I finished Mega Man X again. Still one of my favorite games. But after playing the others in the series, I had to get used to the Dash-Jump in that game again.

After that, I went and started playing Zero's story in Mega Man X4. I decided to go for Black Zero, since that's the closest he'll get to an actual armor upgrade in the game. I just got to the Final Weapon stages.

Twewy

Smash Lord
So I got a Pac-Man amiibo as my first into this hellish collection of expensive plastic.

Oh, and Mega Man X4 for like $13.

Twewy

Smash Lord
The ridiculousness of bosses as the games kept getting produced.
You could use any boss to say this, and you used one of the cool ones from 10.

You couldn't have used Spring Man.

It would've been funnier if you said Mega Man games were going to keep getting pumped out.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You could use any boss to say this, and you used one of the cool ones from 10.

You couldn't have used Spring Man.

It would've been funnier if you said Mega Man games were going to keep getting pumped out.
The fact that Pumpman is considered a cool boss from that game only goes to verify the point I was making.

Twewy

Smash Lord
The fact that Pumpman is considered a cool boss from that game only goes to verify the point I was making.
That you're bad at puns? Or that you should

because 10 had some neat designs that didn't have to be strictly Element Man or Material Man. In fact Mega Man has always had the occasional Robot Master that made you question what kind of crap Capcom has on the dartboard. Better Pump Man than Toad Man.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That you're bad at puns? Or that you should

because 10 had some neat designs that didn't have to be strictly Element Man or Material Man. In fact Mega Man has always had the occasional Robot Master that made you question what kind of crap Capcom has on the dartboard. Better Pump Man than Toad Man.
Better they start over at the drawing board before DrawingBoard Man is developed next.....wait a sec.......ok had to make sure that wasn't done already. :)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The ridiculousness of bosses as the games kept getting produced.
We had a Zippo lighter by the second game.

I think we're safe.
And just what could possibly be wrong with Pump Man? He doesn't reach the level of stupidity that Sheep Man does.
He actually seems less stupid when you realize that he's meant to reference Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

Anyway, I just hope we get more female Robot Masters. I know the series is called Mega MAN, but over 100 opponents and only 1 girl is kind of odd in this day and age. And I want to fight a girl cooler than a mermaid.

:4megaman:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
All these male Robot Masters would make you think Wily was a sexist.

And later, Sigma also becomes a sexist given his compulsive recruiting of all male Mavericks.

And no, Optic Sunflower isn't female despite THAT CLEARLY FEMALE VOICE.

Im joking. :sheep:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I want there to be a Robot Master named Old Man. He does sick combos with his cane. I'm talking Stingers, Million Stabs, and Nova Strikes. With a damn cane.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
This guy is the best robot master and noone can convince me otherwise:

As if. Sheep Man can't compare to this guy:

He actually seems less stupid when you realize that he's meant to reference Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
I'm still not seeing what's so great about him.

Anyway, I just hope we get more female Robot Masters. I know the series is called Mega MAN, but over 100 opponents and only 1 girl is kind of odd in this day and age. And I want to fight a girl cooler than a mermaid.

:4megaman:
Maybe, but I think it's hard to be cooler than a female robot master that grants you an incredibly awesome special weapon. I don't know about the whole gender ratio thing, though. It hasn't really been an issue back in the day, and I can't imagine it being one now.

All these male Robot Masters would make you think Wily was a sexist.

And later, Sigma also becomes a sexist given his compulsive recruiting of all male Mavericks.

And no, Optic Sunflower isn't female despite THAT CLEARLY FEMALE VOICE.

Im joking. :sheep:
There were quite a few female reploids to fight in the Zero/ZX series, though.

Twewy

Smash Lord
No joke, the fact he's a walking reference to what inspired Blade Runner makes him the best Robot Master.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If they make another vehicle based Robot Master, I'm hoping it's a plane themed boss. It'd stand out more from the other two, who were two ground vehicles. I'm not too sure if Gyro Man counts.

Think along the lines of a "Jet-Man" or "Chopper Man" or something.

I know people wanted more female Robot Masters too. So I guess that would be okay, so long as they at least have a cool theme to them, like Splash Woman. Maybe they could use Quake Woman from the Archie comics, that's one less boss to worry about design-wise and weapon-wise. Otherwise, it's not too important.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
If they make another vehicle based Robot Master, I'm hoping it's a plane themed boss. It'd stand out more from the other two, who were two ground vehicles. I'm not too sure if Gyro Man counts.

Think along the lines of a "Jet-Man" or "Chopper Man" or something.

I know people wanted more female Robot Masters too. So I guess that would be okay, so long as they at least have a cool theme to them, like Splash Woman. Maybe they could use Quake Woman from the Archie comics, that's one less boss to worry about design-wise and weapon-wise. Otherwise, it's not too important.
Or how about a jet ski-based robot master? You could fight it using Rush Marine or something. You know what? I think having more Rush-based battles would be fun.

I'm pretty indifferent to having more female robot masters. Splash Woman was cool and all, but I don't think it should be made into a big factor. If there happens to be more down the road, that's totally fine, just as long as it's not a big deal. But I probably won't care otherwise, as long as I get to play more Mega Man games.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Or how about a jet ski-based robot master? You could fight it using Rush Marine or something. You know what? I think having more Rush-based battles would be fun.

I'm pretty indifferent to having more female robot masters. Splash Woman was cool and all, but I don't think it should be made into a big factor. If there happens to be more down the road, that's totally fine, just as long as it's not a big deal. But I probably won't care otherwise, as long as I get to play more Mega Man games.
I agree. It shouldn't be made into a big deal. But you know in this day and age, a lot of people really would make a huge deal out of it. And that a lot of people would get uppity over every single thing about her design.

A seafaring Robot Master would be cool. I like the idea of fighting them on the Rush Marine, but you should be able to fight them using weapons. I was thinking a Robot Master that has a two-phase fight. One phase would be a standard one on one fight. The other would fill the stage with water and the boss would turn into a Submarine.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I agree. It shouldn't be made into a big deal. But you know in this day and age, a lot of people really would make a huge deal out of it. And that a lot of people would get uppity over every single thing about her design.
As in how hot she is?:troll:

A seafaring Robot Master would be cool. I like the idea of fighting them on the Rush Marine, but you should be able to fight them using weapons. I was thinking a Robot Master that has a two-phase fight. One phase would be a standard one on one fight. The other would fill the stage with water and the boss would turn into a Submarine.
Another reason why I like MM8. The second half of Tengu Man's stage had you using Rush to navigate the skies and battleship in a space shooter fashion to get to the end. And again for the boss of Wily Tower 2. All while allowing you to use all of your special weapons and whatnot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As in how hot she is?:troll:

Another reason why I like MM8. The second half of Tengu Man's stage had you using Rush to navigate the skies and battleship in a space shooter fashion to get to the end. And again for the boss of Wily Tower 2. All while allowing you to use all of your special weapons and whatnot.
I mean more like overly-PC people thinking that she'd be too sexualized or too stereotypical. As if a female character would dare have the gall of having feminine traits. Sometimes it's a reasonable complaint if it's unwarranted. Other times it's not. This is becoming an irritatingly huge thing the last 3 years or so, people are getting more and more easily offended. Like, someone complaining that Solid Snake is too masculine because of his facial hair and that offends people.

Tengu Man's stage was pretty interesting. I mean, it was a Mega Man Side-Scrolling Shooter. Probably one of the better stages in that game. Speaking of Tengu Man, his Mega Man and Bass stage wasn't as good. I didn't outright hate it, his first stage was better. Still, the theme on his MM&B stage was cool. Glad that Tornado Hold is in Smash, it's a fun move to use.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I mean more like overly-PC people thinking that she'd be too sexualized or too stereotypical. As if a female character would dare have the gall of having feminine traits. Sometimes it's a reasonable complaint if it's unwarranted. Other times it's not. This is becoming an irritatingly huge thing the last 3 years or so, people are getting more and more easily offended. Like, someone complaining that Solid Snake is too masculine because of his facial hair and that offends people.
This is Japan we're talking about, and their character designs are going to happen regardless of what anyone thinks. It's just what they do, and we can either complain about it or enjoy it. I prefer to do the latter, it's much less of a hassle.

Tengu Man's stage was pretty interesting. I mean, it was a Mega Man Side-Scrolling Shooter. Probably one of the better stages in that game. Speaking of Tengu Man, his Mega Man and Bass stage wasn't as good. I didn't outright hate it, his first stage was better. Still, the theme on his MM&B stage was cool. Glad that Tornado Hold is in Smash, it's a fun move to use.
I don't quite remember his stage theme in MM&B atm, but the theme in MM8 was downright glorious. Not to mention, as you said, the MM8 stage is completely superior to the Bass version.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is Japan we're talking about, and their character designs are going to happen regardless of what anyone thinks. It's just what they do, and we can either complain about it or enjoy it. I prefer to do the latter, it's much less of a hassle.

I don't quite remember his stage theme in MM&B atm, but the theme in MM8 was downright glorious. Not to mention, as you said, the MM8 stage is completely superior to the Bass version.
This is the theme I was talking about. It's slower, but fits well enough for a sky level. Surprisingly calm for a game that's actually pretty hard.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
This is the theme I was talking about. It's slower, but fits well enough for a sky level. Surprisingly calm for a game that's actually pretty hard.

Kinda makes me think of an ending theme for some reason. It's pretty good, though.

Still can't match this.

EDIT: I just listened to the Saturn version of this stage and I gotta say, the PSX version blows it away. But it seems I'm in the minority on that as a lot of people like the Saturn version more.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a new Mega Man collection game coming out, but I'm not sure if I'm terribly interested in it. I guess if you want a physical copy of Mega Man 1-6 instead of downloading them, I can understand. Aside from leader-boards, it pales in comparison to the PS2/GC collection. It would have been nice if at least, 9 and 10 were included, if they wanted exclusively 8-bit Mega Man.

If they wanted to go all out, we'd see Mega Man 1-10 and Mega Man and Bass on a single disc. There's no way a modern console couldn't handle that.

Still better than nothing. So can't say I'm exactly mad either. :p

Top Bottom