• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Twewy

Smash Lord
Mega Man 10 is kicking my ass more than it should be. It was a lovely idea to go and buy one of the Classic Mega Mans made by the minds behind Mega Man Zero...

...well, at least there are no stupid rankings. And at least the Robot Masters are kind of cool.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Mega Man 10 has very weak music.

Though I do like the Robot Master battle theme.
I actually like the music, though I'll admit there are other Mega Man OSTs that are better. Strike Man, Solar Man, Blade Man, and Pump Man have some cool songs.

Twewy

Smash Lord
10 probably had the most fun weapons. I say weaponS as multiple weapons here are fun and you likely won't stick to one
I dunno, I think with 9 you get the most use out of them. I'd rather take Laser Trident over 8-bit Nikita.

Twewy

Smash Lord
9 also had some nifty weapons, Black Hole Bomb, Laser Trident, Hornet Chaser and Jewel Sattelite were good
I haven't played 9 beyond the demo (screw Concrete Man's stage), but from what I've watched from speedruns people say Jewel Satellite is the best shield in the series.

Also, I mightttt hate on Commando Man's weapon because Blade Man's tricky to hit with it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't played 9 beyond the demo (screw Concrete Man's stage), but from what I've watched from speedruns people say Jewel Satellite is the best shield in the series.

Also, I mightttt hate on Commando Man's weapon because Blade Man's tricky to hit with it.
Tip: Try hitting the area around Blade Man, he takes more damage from the shockwaves

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Only weapons I like from 10 are Triple Blade and Solar Blaze, but even those pale in comparison to Laser Trident. The former has too few uses/is only reliable at an even shorter range than Concrete Shot, while the latter isn't forgiving if you miss your shot.

Water Shield is okay, but Jewel Satellite is hard to let go of. Rebound Striker is okay. Everything else is garbage IMO, especially Thunder Wool (the cloud and Commando's rocket should do WAY more damage than the gimmicks they provide).

Honestly the DLC weapons are probably the best overall, but are from older games/have to pay for them.

Jewel Satellite is the best shield in the series by far. It does good damage, can walk/jump around with it, only disappears if a strong enemy hits it/screen change, and can be thrown. It breaks Concrete Man's stage, helps a lot in Plug Man/Wily 1, and can be used to farm health/ammo/money in certain stages/Endless Mode.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I've actually gotten some use out of Water Shield; It walks over a good amount of mini-bosses, especially the annoying castle in Blade Man's stage.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I still wish that Mega Man's Final Smash were Astro Crush.

But considering that the sheer amount of throwback in his actual Final Smash is staggering, no real complaints from me.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I still wish that Mega Man's Final Smash were Astro Crush.

But considering that the sheer amount of throwback in his actual Final Smash is staggering, no real complaints from me.
If his Final Smash was Magnetic Shockwave, I'd drop my secondary Pac-Man for him as a full time secondary in an instant.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If his Final Smash was Magnetic Shockwave, I'd drop my secondary Pac-Man for him as a full time secondary in an instant.
Magnetic Shockwave? That belongs to Magneto-

...but you can get it by beating Onslaught as Mega Man in MvC1.

Honestly I'd love to see how that would work.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Out of every single Weapons Mega Man can get, I yet want to see him make use of his Double Mega Buster. I mean, he can make spikes & flames with both of his Busters during his smashes, but no Double Mega Buster :ohwell:

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
MM9 is one of the more awesome games in the series, that and MM10. Though the platforming in these two are slightly more dangerous than other entries(MM9 in particular), any savvy MM player can handle it with relative ease.....assuming one doesn't attempt Hero/Superhero mode.

Just as everybody says, you won't find a better shield-type special weapon than the J. Satellite. Speaking of which, 9 had some of my favorite weapons in the series, L. Trident(my all time favorite), M. Bazooka, H. Chaser, etc. 10 had some pretty good ones, like W. Shield, W. Cutter, C. Spike and T. Blade.

It's actually very easy to hit him with the bomb due to his movement patterns. He mostly moves left-to-right in a wall to ceiling pattern, which is when you shoot the Commando Bomb at the wall where he lands. Don't bother trying to use the bomb's gimmick to score hits on him, just shoot it straight at whichever wall he's moving to right underneath the spot where he lands. It's not a bad weapon, but as far as explosive-type special weapons go, it's got nothing on the Flash Bomb.

Only weapons I like from 10 are Triple Blade and Solar Blaze, but even those pale in comparison to Laser Trident. The former has too few uses/is only reliable at an even shorter range than Concrete Shot, while the latter isn't forgiving if you miss your shot.

Water Shield is okay, but Jewel Satellite is hard to let go of. Rebound Striker is okay. Everything else is garbage IMO, especially Thunder Wool (the cloud and Commando's rocket should do WAY more damage than the gimmicks they provide).

Honestly the DLC weapons are probably the best overall, but are from older games/have to pay for them.
I wouldn't say everything else is garbage, but that's me. Well, except Thunder Wool, that one was just plain crap. The Buster works better on targets that are weak to it, which says something.

Jewel Satellite is the best shield in the series by far. It does good damage, can walk/jump around with it, only disappears if a strong enemy hits it/screen change, and can be thrown. It breaks Concrete Man's stage, helps a lot in Plug Man/Wily 1, and can be used to farm health/ammo/money in certain stages/Endless Mode.
Why couldn't Mega Man have more badass shields like this?

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
MM9 is one of the more awesome games in the series, that and MM10. Though the platforming in these two are slightly more dangerous than other entries(MM9 in particular), any savvy MM player can handle it with relative ease.....assuming one doesn't attempt Hero/Superhero mode.

Just as everybody says, you won't find a better shield-type special weapon than the J. Satellite. Speaking of which, 9 had some of my favorite weapons in the series, L. Trident(my all time favorite), M. Bazooka, H. Chaser, etc. 10 had some pretty good ones, like W. Shield, W. Cutter, C. Spike and T. Blade.
Tbh, I really like Wheel Cutter and Chill Spike (climbin' up walls and setting traps all day long), and Proto Man really enjoys Water Shield (yes, I might be masochist, but Proto Man's abilities are worth it imo).
But yeah, Mega Man 9 really might be the best of the classic series (with Mega Man 2 and Mega Man & Bass).
I will try the higher difficulties once I defeat Wily (why haven't I already defeated the Wily Dinosaur...). Yes, I like my platforming with lots of spikes :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Every time someone mentions the Jewel Satellite, I'm reminded on how it would have been a really cool shield custom for Smash 4. The Junk Shield and Scroch Wheel would have been cool too.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Every time someone mentions the Jewel Satellite, I'm reminded on how it would have been a really cool shield custom for Smash 4. The Junk Shield and Scroch Wheel would have been cool too.
We need Hell Wheel from Rockman 4 Minus Infinity.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Tbh, I really like Wheel Cutter and Chill Spike (climbin' up walls and setting traps all day long), and Proto Man really enjoys Water Shield (yes, I might be masochist, but Proto Man's abilities are worth it imo).
But yeah, Mega Man 9 really might be the best of the classic series (with Mega Man 2 and Mega Man & Bass).
I will try the higher difficulties once I defeat Wily (why haven't I already defeated the Wily Dinosaur...). Yes, I like my platforming with lots of spikes :p
Those are my two favorite special weapons from 10 as well. C. Spike really works wonders in Nitro Man's stage, and W. Cutter is just plain awesome, plus that sweet as hell skin he gets from equipping it.

All of which makes me wonder why Skull Barrier was chosen. Skulls don't reflect things. J. Satellite would've looked so much more awesome doing what it does.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Those are my two favorite special weapons from 10 as well. C. Spike really works wonders in Nitro Man's stage, and W. Cutter is just plain awesome, plus that sweet as hell skin he gets from equipping it.

All of which makes me wonder why Skull Barrier was chosen. Skulls don't reflect things. J. Satellite would've looked so much more awesome doing what it does.
Wheel Cutter would be cool. Man, Mega Man's got a lot of really nice moves to pull from. It's unlikely, but it sort of makes me wish they had a DLC custom set for each character. But that'd be a ton of work honestly.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Wheel Cutter would be cool. Man, Mega Man's got a lot of really nice moves to pull from. It's unlikely, but it sort of makes me wish they had a DLC custom set for each character. But that'd be a ton of work honestly.
Apparently there was a fourth set of customs in the works for the characters, but they never got that far with them. One would think that DLC might provide other options besides more characters and Mii costumes.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm just happy that Tornado Hold is a custom.

"KID, YOURE NOT EVEN WORTH THE EFFORT"

^lol

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If they solve every problem that the Ruby Spears cartoon had ill be interested.

They should totally remake that episode where classic Megs meets X because I wanna see Vile again.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I, for one, am definitely giving this a shot! :)

Top Bottom