• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That could mean anything. Capcom has killed more series than you can count of both fingers. Still, a cartoon is a good sign.

I'm just glad he's getting something new besides the comic. I certainly don't look like my avatar right now.
If it's not Mega Man, I'd like a Viewtiful Joe game as I love henshin heroes. That, or Godhand, looks stupidly fun

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
After looking at Bloodstained I had a question: Does anyone still care about Mighty No.9 or did that one person ruin everything?
I'm quite excited for it still, though I keep hearing people ****-talking it without giving a reason or source for said ****-talking.
What's going on?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm quite excited for it still, though I keep hearing people ****-talking it without giving a reason or source for said ****-talking.
What's going on?
Apparently some person took charge of PR because she knew someone in Comcept. She whined during the backing days about Beck not being a woman with dark skin. I hear she's been blocking everyone with critique. That, and the beta isn't too impressive for some people and the fact they had multiple kickstarters for DLC and a tv show iirc

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Apparently some person took charge of PR because she knew someone in Comcept. She whined during the backing days about Beck not being a woman with dark skin. I hear she's been blocking everyone with critique. That, and the beta isn't too impressive for some people and the fact they had multiple kickstarters for DLC and a tv show iirc
I remember hearing about that lady, she's not part of the team anymore, if I recall correctly. Seems she didn't accomplish much.
I didn't touch the beta, since I wanted to be un-spoiled for when I get the actual game. And I really don't care about how many kickstarters they make, I backed enough for my digital copy, that's all that matters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I remember hearing about that lady, she's not part of the team anymore, if I recall correctly. Seems she didn't accomplish much.
I didn't touch the beta, since I wanted to be un-spoiled for when I get the actual game. And I really don't care about how many kickstarters they make, I backed enough for my digital copy, that's all that matters.
From what youtube comments say, graphics are meh and no one likes text appearing on the screen when fighting bosses. As in, while you're fighting. The beta only had Mighty No.2's stage, the water guy

Twewy

Smash Lord
Seems she didn't accomplish much.
Besides ruining the reputation of the game for quite a few people, and professionally blocking anyone who showed support for a movement she didn't from the official Concept/Mighty No. 9 Twitters.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Besides ruining the reputation of the game for quite a few people, and professionally blocking anyone who showed support for a movement she didn't from the official Concept/Mighty No. 9 Twitters.
Well I ain't one of them people, so it doesn't matter.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Wow. What a dongmuncher. Heard she doesn't even LIKE Mega Man
She never played it by the time she got the job, and rumor has it only reason she got the job was her boyfriend working there. I have no real respect for the woman myself due to her behavior.

Well I ain't one of them people, so it doesn't matter.
Just because you're not involved doesn't mean she didn't cause a huge amount of controversy for the game.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
After looking at Bloodstained I had a question: Does anyone still care about Mighty No.9 or did that one person ruin everything?
I'm not sure about what's been going on regarding Mighty No. 9, I'm a bit out of the loop on that. But I'm still looking forward to the game.

Though I have been hearing about some sort of animosity towards Inafune, but I have no idea what that's about.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I don't know how much of an issue that really is, so I can't say much about it.
Imagine if you supported, with your own money, a game you were interested in, and you are promised a full product. Now, imagine a year later the same guy comes back asking for more money to pay for a bit of the game that should be in the product that got funded two or three times over.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Imagine if you supported, with your own money, a game you were interested in, and you are promised a full product. Now, imagine a year later the same guy comes back asking for more money to pay for a bit of the game that should be in the product that got funded two or three times over.
Good point. Though I guess how "complete" the game really is(DLC excluded) might be left up to debate. I mean, how much was put into the game(or planned for)before DLC was ever considered?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
About $4.5 million, I believe.
I probably should've clarified my post, I wasn't actually looking for a monetary value. I was actually referring to the amount of game content, you know, story-related stuff, post-game content, stuff like that(if that is even known, because I don't really know).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm pretty hyped. Good to see that Mega Man's getting a series too. Now all we need is a new Mario one I guess.

Here's to hoping that at least it'll be better than Pac-Man show.

The best part is that Mega Man has a surprisingly deep enough lore to actually make a series out of. Well, more so Mega Man X and Zero, but the Classic series still has enough to work with.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
TBH I would love an X anime like the Day Of E Sigma short.

Shame those plans died out when it was stated that the planned Maverick Hunter X sequels would not happen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
About Mighty No. 9, I can understand why some people were annoyed with that one lady. What she did was pretty much throw in unneeded identity politics into a game that's all ages about a Robot fighting evil robots to save the world. And on top of that, she banned people who wanted to show concern about it. That said, as with any complaint, there's bound to be some people who are too rude about the way they go about it, so if anyone's who's stepping out of line, then I can understand, but MANY others weren't.

But a lot of people seem really negative about the game for some reason. Which was a little weird, since earlier gameplay footage was given a lot of praise, and the game looks a fair bit better from that point. I didn't back it myself, so maybe that's why I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it looks like a fun game. When it drops, I'll gladly play it myself. I guess the only complaint I understand is that the graphics aren't much to be desired, but it's not the worst thing ever. And they aren't as important as gameplay, still I understand the complaint as a whole.

That said, some of the people who played the beta still seemed to like what they saw, but felt it needed a bit of tweaking. Which sounds understandable to me. Hopefully, when the game does come out, people will like it, like they did with Gunvolt. And we can at least have a spiritual successor to Mega Man until Capcom decides to start making games for the series(and others)again.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Mighty No. 9 is being developed by Inti Creates, who also made the Mega Man Zero and Mega Man ZX series. I'm a big fan of both, so I do have a fair bit of faith in them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bleh. I want to send my 3DS in for repairs and possibly the Wii U gamepad. Problem is I don't think I even have a reciete for the Gamepad. the 3DS repair thing says 2 different costs, one for small repairs and one for big repairs. The ribbon cable's busted, anyone know what repair that'll need?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
TBH I would love an X anime like the Day Of E Sigma short.

Shame those plans died out when it was stated that the planned Maverick Hunter X sequels would not happen.
This. This needs to happen. I don't really play Mega Man games for story-related reasons, but I was glad that the Day of Sigma was included as an extra.

Though it makes me wonder how the series would've turned out if Inafune had actually went to work on that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This. This needs to happen. I don't really play Mega Man games for story-related reasons, but I was glad that the Day of Sigma was included as an extra.

Though it makes me wonder how the series would've turned out if Inafune had actually went to work on that.
? I thought Inafune did make Maverick Hunter, Capcom just said no as the game being, on the PSP, didn't sell well

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
? I thought Inafune did make Maverick Hunter, Capcom just said no as the game being, on the PSP, didn't sell well
He did, but it was just the first of an ongoing project to revamp the MMX series, apparently. But that was when he was still with Capcom. But since leaving Capcom that project was canned, and it looks like that idea won't ever see the light of day again.

That's just what I've heard, though. I don't know how true it really is.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I think the idea had some promise though. But it was on the PSP, and it wasn't exactly the best selling system at the time. I wonder how well it might've done on the DS or PS3/360/Wii.

Still, I'd rather have a well made Mega Man X9 than more remakes. We have so many of those on these newer systems that it's a little annoying if you bought so many of them already.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah, I think the idea had some promise though. But it was on the PSP, and it wasn't exactly the best selling system at the time. I wonder how well it might've done on the DS or PS3/360/Wii.
Yeah, I don't remember seeing a lot of interesting games on PSP. Hell, my current DS/3DS library is much bigger than whatever I have on PSP. But MHX was a fantastic game, there's no denying that.
Still, I'd rather have a well made Mega Man X9 than more remakes. We have so many of those on these newer systems that it's a little annoying if you bought so many of them already.
I'm a bit selective of what remakes I would buy. When I first got MHX, I didn't realize it was a revamed X1, and the same goes for Castlevania DXC. But there are some remakes I would gladly get into if they existed, such as Pokemon HG/SS. To me, it doesn't matter if there are a lot of remakes(it can be good for some if they never experienced the originals), but rather the ones that ARE getting remade. There are plenty of games that I've played which deserve to be revamped. There are some instances where I would've preferred a redesigned entry of a particular series over a new one. For example, what would be better, Metroid Other M or an overhauled Metroid II that would no longer be limited by older hardware and utilizing mechanics similar to newer games of the series? Metroid II is a game I like, but the fact that it was on the old GB held it back from what it could've been. A few others could seriously benefit from newer hardware.

That's my stance on remakes anyway, I don't know what anyone else thinks about them.

As for MMX, I would definitely love to see it continue with new entries, but with the way things are going now, that dream is about as dead as Legends 3. Right now they only seem to be making an attempt to hold us over with the various MM VC games(which I admit is keeping me somewhat busy atm). But no one knows if Capcom will even bring new MM games in the near future. I don't know if they're trying to distance themselves from MM or if they're scared to try continuing it without Inafune.

Top Bottom