• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I fail to see the point, as the Anniversary Collection is cheaper nowadays, and has 10 games.

I'll probably get the 3DS version at some point. Mainly to support the IP, but also having six great games on a portable system is a tempting prospect.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If the 3DS version has 3D then I'll probably get it, beyond that I don't care. Honestly I'd much rather see them release hard copies of 9/10 if they're going to re-release something...again...

Already have the Anniversary Collection, and have hard copies of every game in the Classic series. If I need them portable, I can just use the 3rd Party portable NES system I got.

Between this, other re-releases, Archie, the 2017 cartoon, and new producer rumors, I pretty much see this as Capcom trying to test the waters. I don't think it's necessary given the outcry/Mighty #9/Gunvolt 1&2, but I guess it makes business sense. I severally doubt we'll hear new game news this E3.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If the 3DS version has 3D then I'll probably get it, beyond that I don't care. Honestly I'd much rather see them release hard copies of 9/10 if they're going to re-release something...again...

Already have the Anniversary Collection, and have hard copies of every game in the Classic series. If I need them portable, I can just use the 3rd Party portable NES system I got.

Between this, other re-releases, Archie, the 2017 cartoon, and new producer rumors, I pretty much see this as Capcom trying to test the waters. I don't think it's necessary given the outcry/Mighty #9/Gunvolt 1&2, but I guess it makes business sense. I severally doubt we'll hear new game news this E3.
Yeah I kind of agree. I think they are slowly getting back into the thick of things for Mega Man. I think the hiatus might actually a blessing in disguise. Hopefully this means Mega Man will make a major comeback in some form. On a personal level, I'd like whatever game comes next to have gameplay aspects of the Mega Man X series. Namely the Dashing and Armors. I guess collecting Heart Tanks is alright too, but starting at full health and just buffing defense is fine by me.

Still, there's a small chance we could get something shown off this E3. To be honest, we don't really know how long exactly they've been working in the background setting **** up.

Twewy

Smash Lord
So I beat X4 as X and I'm going through it as Zero now, and I have the most unbelievable but true story (no creepypasta crap, that stuff's dumb):

So it was raining here yesterday and I decided I'd pick up where I left off: Sigma's BS fight. Well, I memorized most of it after it handing my ass to me the previous night a good amount of times, and decided I ain't having that anymore. Rushed through the first and second phases because I don't have time for Sigma, there's a storm going on. I got to the third phase with the three forms and junk.

Well, the power started flickering, and my only thoughts at the moment were "****." So I fought the third phase and at one point, the power went off for everything in the room but the TV and PS2. No joke. Eventually I beat him (first try that time, too) and had to skip the ending cutscene out of worry that'd the power go off in the middle of it.

And that's how I beat X4 during a five second power outage. Screw Sigma's third phase.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I beat X4 as X and I'm going through it as Zero now, and I have the most unbelievable but true story (no creepypasta crap, that stuff's dumb):

So it was raining here yesterday and I decided I'd pick up where I left off: Sigma's BS fight. Well, I memorized most of it after it handing my *** to me the previous night a good amount of times, and decided I ain't having that anymore. Rushed through the first and second phases because I don't have time for Sigma, there's a storm going on. I got to the third phase with the three forms and junk.

Well, the power started flickering, and my only thoughts at the moment were "****." So I fought the third phase and at one point, the power went off for everything in the room but the TV and PS2. No joke. Eventually I beat him (first try that time, too) and had to skip the ending cutscene out of worry that'd the power go off in the middle of it.

And that's how I beat X4 during a five second power outage. Screw Sigma's third phase.
It seems pretty clear to me he tried to beat you in the real world if he can't handle your skills as Zero. I finished my first run of X4 as Zero not that long ago, I think the fight is a bit easier with him as Zero rather than Mega Man X. But every other boss is certainly easier as Mega Man X. Though that might be because most of Sigma's forms don't require any special weapon to best him, so you can just rush in.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
It seems pretty clear to me he tried to beat you in the real world if he can't handle your skills as Zero.
*as X. I'm currently running through with Zero, though. Slash Dash Cancel is fun to pull off.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
*as X. I'm currently running through with Zero, though. Slash Dash Cancel is fun to pull off.
Even better. I always did like Mega Man X more. With Zero I tried doing the 3 hit combo into Ryuenjin into Ice Stab. It's a bit slower though. Something about that combo looks cool to me.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Jet Stingray is a nightmare for me as Zero. I can never get the timing right on the Ice Stab, and I always get collision damage from the ice'd JS or his stupid drone things.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Jet Stingray is a nightmare for me as Zero. I can never get the timing right on the Ice Stab, and I always get collision damage from the ice'd JS or his stupid drone things.
You can stand right behind him when he's in the air, and your slashes will hit him iirc.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
Hello mega man mains. I'm trying my best to relearn mega man after dropping him as a main long ago, but now I'm bringing him back. I feel like my mega man is just average and something is missing with him. Can anyone help this mega man main become better?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You can stand right behind him when he's in the air, and your slashes will hit him iirc.
I wish I knew that earlier. Oh well, I still managed to kick his ass.

I might play through Mega Man X3 again. I still like it quite a bit. Though this time I'm going to try to get the Z-Saber for Mega Man and hopefully body bag Sigma quickly. That fight against his second form is the toughest time I had with Sigma in any game. He hits hard and it's hard to aim for his weak point.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So apparently, this is happening: http://gematsu.com/2015/06/mega-man-legacy-collection-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc-3ds

I just want to point out that the abomination that is Sonic Boom is getting a 3ds sequel of some sorts, yet Megaman is only getting a compilation of 6 nes games...

Anyways, i'm kinda conflicted here, for one side i want to buy it cause it's been a while since i played the nes games and i want to show MM some support, but on another one, i might be giving capcom the idea that all we want from them is classic 8 bit megaman for nostalgia value(and while i think i am the only one who would want a Starforce 4, i cannot be the only one who wants a new X, ZX or Legends game).

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So apparently, this is happening: http://gematsu.com/2015/06/mega-man-legacy-collection-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc-3ds

I just want to point out that the abomination that is Sonic Boom is getting a 3ds sequel of some sorts, yet Megaman is only getting a compilation of 6 nes games...

Anyways, i'm kinda conflicted here, for one side i want to buy it cause it's been a while since i played the nes games and i want to show MM some support, but on another one, i might be giving capcom the idea that all we want from them is classic 8 bit megaman for nostalgia value(and while i think i am the only one who would want a Starforce 4, i cannot be the only one who wants a new X, ZX or Legends game).
Dude, I get you. While Mega Man 9 and 10 were really good games, They shouldn't rely solely on the older artstyle if they can bring the series to new heights. I do think a lot of the classic gameplay elements should still be remembered, including the charge shot and slide. The collection might not sell too well on the 3DS given the E-Shop has these same games.
I kind of want to get it, because they are good games. And I want to support the series.

I think one of the major problems with modern Capcom isn't even the neglect some series get. But rather the expectations they set up for these games. RE6 and Street Fighter X Tekken aren't even well liked, yet still sold 6 million and 2 million copies respectively if I remember correctly. Normally, this would be seen as pretty good. But Capcom was expecting more sales than that, say for SFXT, they wanted triple of what they got. Despite the fact that fighting games tend to have "mid-tier" sales, barring Brawl and Tekken 3. I know that this NES collection considered a smaller project(because it is). But I hope they don't have unreasonably high expectations for a NES Mega Man collection, that sort of pales in comparison to the PS2 collection that was up to date with the whole classic series at the time of it's creation.

Really, I feel like they kind of had a missed opportunity by not having AT LEAST MM7 and MM8 on the 3DS version, as they don't exist on the 3DS E-Shop. For new games, I'd basically ask for what was done with Strider. Keep all the old gameplay that still works, but make it look good and modern. Not too much to ask for I don't think.

I'd be okay with another Starforce, but it wasn't as popular as Battle Network, so I don't know how it'd fare.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yeah, i say it like that cause i know that despite how good SF3 was, the sales still were lackluster so i can't blame capcom for not making a sequel, but X9 or something like it would definitely sell. Not sure if it would meet their ridiculous expectations but still.
And yet, Sanic Boom is getting another game.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
What I don't understand is why they only now have a collection of 6 games when they at least went up to MM8 in one of their previous collections. I don't really see the point of it. Not to mention I have most of them already.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What I don't understand is why they only now have a collection of 6 games when they at least went up to MM8 in one of their previous collections. I don't really see the point of it. Not to mention I have most of them already.
I might get it. It's 15 bucks and I only have one the classic games on me. I don't know, I'll have to think it over.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I might get it. It's 15 bucks and I only have one the classic games on me. I don't know, I'll have to think it over.
Out of all the Classic Mega Man games(not counting spinoffs or the GB games)the only one I don't have is the first game. That can be easily remedied, though. Speaking of collections, what did the Anniversary Collection have other than MM1 - 8?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Out of all the Classic Mega Man games(not counting spinoffs or the GB games)the only one I don't have is the first game. That can be easily remedied, though. Speaking of collections, what did the Anniversary Collection have other than MM1 - 8?
Mega Man Power Fighter iirc
We Europeans never got that collection so it might be worth something here

Twewy

Smash Lord
To be fair, the ones in the collection (1-6) are being remade on a new engine and I could see difficulties having 7 and 8 on there due to differences in gameplay and mechanics whereas 1-6 shared theirs.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It had the two arcade fighters in it. The MMX collection had the racing game(which needed to be translated). And somehow, neither bothered to add Mega Man and Bass, but the GBA version might've been out at the time.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
To be fair, the ones in the collection (1-6) are being remade on a new engine and I could see difficulties having 7 and 8 on there due to differences in gameplay and mechanics whereas 1-6 shared theirs.
Could it really be that hard? I mean, there isn't THAT much of a difference between the generations, is there? Or is it possible that Capcom opted out of springing for the extra development to include them?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mega Man Power Fighter iirc
We Europeans never got that collection so it might be worth something here
Actually bumped into the original Arcade version while on vacation at Mackinaw Island. lol

It had the two arcade fighters in it. The MMX collection had the racing game(which needed to be translated). And somehow, neither bothered to add Mega Man and Bass, but the GBA version might've been out at the time.
MM&B got it's GBA port in 2003. Both Anniversary Collections came out in 2004/5. Personally I'm more bummed the GB Anniversary Collection for the GBA was cancelled.

Battle and Chase came out in Europe, so no translation was needed. Like the Wily Wars, I have no idea why it didn't come out in the US.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Personally I'm more bummed the GB Anniversary Collection for the GBA was cancelled.
You and me both. I eventually tracked down and got all the GB MM games. Would have liked to play them in color though.

Battle and Chase came out in Europe, so no translation was needed. Like the Wily Wars, I have no idea why it didn't come out in the US.
Sony thought there were already too many kart racers on the market, so they didn't pass it. Shame they didn't, the game is a lot of fun.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDeYARYAMI

Might as well throw up Part 3. Kind of disagree that Time Stopper wouldn't have an effect given Quick Man, but whatever. I get the feeling Eggman/Wily's secret plan has already backfired.

Part 4 should be fun, as it seems Classic & X will finally meet for the first time outside of MM's Final Smash.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Could it really be that hard? I mean, there isn't THAT much of a difference between the generations, is there? Or is it possible that Capcom opted out of springing for the extra development to include them?
IIRC Mega Man moves slower in 7 and all the sprites are bigger compared to 1-6? I know 8 has things like swimming and the shoot-em-up sections that use different mechanics compared to how water/Rush Jet work in 1-6.

Of course, I'm just trying to put reason why 7 and 8 aren't in the collection. No one but Capcom/Digital Eclipse really knows why.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually bumped into the original Arcade version while on vacation at Mackinaw Island. lol

MM&B got it's GBA port in 2003. Both Anniversary Collections came out in 2004/5. Personally I'm more bummed the GB Anniversary Collection for the GBA was cancelled.

That so, I thought it was only in Japan. My mistake.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
IIRC Mega Man moves slower in 7 and all the sprites are bigger compared to 1-6? I know 8 has things like swimming and the shoot-em-up sections that use different mechanics compared to how water/Rush Jet work in 1-6.

Of course, I'm just trying to put reason why 7 and 8 aren't in the collection. No one but Capcom/Digital Eclipse really knows why.
Graphical differences are one thing, but as far as mechanics go, it doesn't feel as if there's a major difference in the usual mechanics between, say, 6 and 7. 8 just has a few more actions you can perform under certain circumstances(swimming, Rush Jet and whatnot), but otherwise feels pretty much like any of the older games.

But you're probably right. Until Capcom gives an official statement about it, we can only guess.

....Thinking about it now, I kinda wish they had made a collection of Battle Network games instead, but I suppose that all of them will be on Wii U in due time.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDeYARYAMI

Might as well throw up Part 3. Kind of disagree that Time Stopper wouldn't have an effect given Quick Man, but whatever. I get the feeling Eggman/Wily's secret plan has already backfired.

Part 4 should be fun, as it seems Classic & X will finally meet for the first time outside of MM's Final Smash.
Seriously, if they re-released the Game Boy Mega Mans in color I'd die. Those games were my childhood!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wasn't MM8 sort of a downgrade, though? Considering everything Megs had in MM7, he feels lackluster in MM8. Granted there's the Rushcycle and all that, but still.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A downgrade? How so?
Like, mechanics-wise, such as having virtually nothing in terms of gameplay or features that hadn't already appeared in previous installments of the series, and very little change in the gameplay formula that had been used since the first game. To me, at least, it feels lacking compared to 7.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
MM8 felt slower than 7 IMO, there's just a weird floatiness to the game, such as when you get hit in the air. Gameplay wise I thought it used too many gimmicks, and most of them felt forced or out of place. Mechanic wise, while upgrades were awesome, how MM moves/shoots was kind of weird with the puny energy shots. The changes to Rush and the removal of E-Tanks, I think was also unneeded (not that the game is that hard).

I like 8 for what it is and that it tried to take advantage of the PS/SS, but I do think it stands out the most in the entire series, even compared to MM&Bass.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Like, mechanics-wise, such as having virtually nothing in terms of gameplay or features that hadn't already appeared in previous installments of the series, and very little change in the gameplay formula that had been used since the first game. To me, at least, it feels lacking compared to 7.
I don't think there could've been any significant changes at that point due to being the same series. MM8 didn't feel much different from 7 most likely due not being as big a jump from 7 as 7 was from 6. Not that it's a problem, I mean, what changes did the series warrant that wouldn't be wasted? Mega Man has a stable gameplay formula, so there's no real need to alter it in any major way. The only real changes he's had over the years were various gadgets(Rush, Beat and so on) and improved abilities(sliding, Charge Buster, swimming)to help him navigate the many stages, but nothing that's a real game-changer in the grand scheme of it all.

In this sense Mega Man is like the Mario series, which in some ways is a good thing, but it can get a little stale after a decade or so. But one of the finer points of Mega Man is his many alter egos, each with their own gameplay styles to keep things fresh.

MM8 felt slower than 7 IMO, there's just a weird floatiness to the game, such as when you get hit in the air. Gameplay wise I thought it used too many gimmicks, and most of them felt forced or out of place. Mechanic wise, while upgrades were awesome, how MM moves/shoots was kind of weird with the puny energy shots. The changes to Rush and the removal of E-Tanks, I think was also unneeded (not that the game is that hard).
I think this "floatiness" happens to many characters when moving to newer hardware, but other than that he felt more or less the same as in previous games. As for why E-Tanks were gone, I have no idea. Rush Medic was there, so you could still get health and energy in a pinch, though it would've been easier to just have the E and W-Tanks to begin with.

I like 8 for what it is and that it tried to take advantage of the PS/SS, but I do think it stands out the most in the entire series, even compared to MM&Bass.
MM8 is still one of my favorites of the Classic series, but I don't know if it really stands out. It seems like just any other MM game to me.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Of course it's floatier. Megaman could actually swim in that game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So with all that stuffed leaked recently, who's happy to see more Mii Outfits for Mega Man characters? This time we get Zero for Sword fighters and Mega Man .EXE for the Gunner. If I only bought one, it'd probably be Zero, since I didn't bother with any DLC suits other than Mega Man X and Protoman.

I'm also really hype for Ryu as well. It should be awesome to use him and Mega Man back to back. I wonder if Kyle Hebert will do his voice in English. They might stick to the Japanese voice like with Marth.

There's also the Heihachi costume too.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
So with all that stuffed leaked recently, who's happy to see more Mii Outfits for Mega Man characters? This time we get Zero for Sword fighters and Mega Man .EXE for the Gunner. If I only bought one, it'd probably be Zero, since I didn't bother with any DLC suits other than Mega Man X and Protoman.

I'm also really hype for Ryu as well. It should be awesome to use him and Mega Man back to back. I wonder if Kyle Hebert will do his voice in English. They might stick to the Japanese voice like with Marth.

There's also the Heihachi costume too.
Wait, really? What's the source of that?
(I was sorta hoping for a Bass costume...)

Anyhow, also super excited for Roy and Ryu to come along with Lucas.
I'm even more excited than I was just knowing my Brawl main returns tomorrow!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait, really? What's the source of that?
(I was sorta hoping for a Bass costume...)

Anyhow, also super excited for Roy and Ryu to come along with Lucas.
I'm even more excited than I was just knowing my Brawl main returns tomorrow!
Someone named RandomTBush posted the leaked costumes. It's nice to see Mega Man get all this attention, not just the original series, but multiple facets of the franchise. With this and the new Cartoon on the way, I wonder if Capcom's gearing up for something cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom