• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'll be honest with you, i've never been into that sonic vs mario thing, and while fighting him in smash is annoying, i never really hated Sonic.

EXCEPT, when he opens his mouth, sweet cyborg jesus i cannot stand his "oh yeah" attitude, and the dialogue in most of his games doesn't help.
Is there any voice for :4sonic: that you do like? Or did every voice for him make him sound annoying to you?

On a slightly related note, What voice did X have in X8(I still don't have that game)? I think his best voice was the one in MHX.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Call me crazy but I prefer this :4sonic:'s voice better than this :sonic:'s voice. No hard feelings to those who likes his old voice.

On a side note, is there a Mega Man Discord group I can join? A couple of other character boards already have their own Discord groups set up, which I have joined quite a few of them.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Is there any voice for :4sonic: that you do like? Or did every voice for him make him sound annoying to you?

On a slightly related note, What voice did X have in X8(I still don't have that game)? I think his best voice was the one in MHX.
His voice actor in X8 is the same one used for MHX.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227

I actually like :4sonic:'s voice, i didn't minded :sonic:'s voice either(but i will say i think the new one is better), is not the voice itself that annoys me, is his personality, wich result in the delivery having to be as obnoxious as possible.
I know that's supposed to be him, a blue hedgehog with "attitude", but to me, all that amounts to is a little blue smart***.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I actually like :4sonic:'s voice, i didn't minded :sonic:'s voice either(but i will say i think the new one is better), is not the voice itself that annoys me, is his personality, wich result in the delivery having to be as obnoxious as possible.
I know that's supposed to be him, a blue hedgehog with "attitude", but to me, all that amounts to is a little blue smart***.
You aren't into the confident character type either? It's not their confidence that annoys me (in fact, it's something I envy them for), but sometimes they come off as arrogant, a trait that I really hate in people. Not to mention, they act high and mighty all the time, and depending on what the writer wants to do with them, never show weakness. Also, some characters of this type have voices that annoy the hell out of me.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
All this talk of MHX (Maverick Hunter X) is confusing me with the upcoming Monster Hunter X (pronounced "cross").

Mario123311

Smash Ace
In all honesty: Griffith is how I mostly hear Sonic and I do like his voice. Roger wasn't bad but the fact they had to recycle clips from games he previously voiced seems like he was too lazy to record new lines. And I can see how "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!" can get annoying. :U

Still less annoying than the Ghostly Adventure's Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
You aren't into the confident character type either? It's not their confidence that annoys me (in fact, it's something I envy them for), but sometimes they come off as arrogant, a trait that I really hate in people. Not to mention, they act high and mighty all the time, and depending on what the writer wants to do with them, never show weakness. Also, some characters of this type have voices that annoy the hell out of me.
THIS. Freaking, THIS.

Yeah, i don't like the confident type cause, most of the type, they don't seem confident, they seem arrogant. One example i can give real quick, i cannot bring myself to watch Kamen Rider Kabuto, despite being a fan and this series having some cool fights and armor designs, is because the protagonist is super arrogant, never makes mistakes, is always two steps ahead of everyone with no explanation given, he is just "perfect at everything".
That really ruins the series for me, i cannot root for this guy, and i can't call that confidence either. Dude is "confident" cause the writer decided that he can't fail at anything, that's just bad writing.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
THIS. Freaking, THIS.

Yeah, i don't like the confident type cause, most of the type, they don't seem confident, they seem arrogant. One example i can give real quick, i cannot bring myself to watch Kamen Rider Kabuto, despite being a fan and this series having some cool fights and armor designs, is because the protagonist is super arrogant, never makes mistakes, is always two steps ahead of everyone with no explanation given, he is just "perfect at everything".
That really ruins the series for me, i cannot root for this guy, and i can't call that confidence either. Dude is "confident" cause the writer decided that he can't fail at anything, that's just bad writing.
Oh, a Gary Stu then? Great, just what we needed. -_-

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd share that I redid that video I posted back, Much better volume and whatnot.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Mega Man Zero has some catchy music. The same can be said about the entire franchise, though.

Just thought I'd share that I redid that video I posted back, Much better volume and whatnot.
I'm still glad that they didn't go in this direction for smash. Still, it's a cool video.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I think almost every character in Smash should have voice acting somehow, even if it's ridiculously cheesy. That's just me tho. :p

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I don't think Duck Hunt or Pac-Man would sound all that great. Come to think of it I have no idea what kind of voice would even fit Pac.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Would there happen to a discord chat for Mega Man of any sort? Other character boards seem to have one, so I was wondering if we did.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Would there happen to a discord chat for Mega Man of any sort? Other character boards seem to have one, so I was wondering if we did.
What's a Discord chat? Is it a chaotic chat? :p

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else here played ZX Advent? I finished my first run of the game with Ashe recently, and to put it briefly: It's alright, and does fix some of the issues ZX had, but it falls short in a few areas that made ZX a great game.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
What's a Discord chat? Is it a chaotic chat? :p

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else here played ZX Advent? I finished my first run of the game with Ashe recently, and to put it briefly: It's alright, and does fix some of the issues ZX had, but it falls short in a few areas that made ZX a great game.
I have. Between the two games it's my favorite. I've made runs with both characters and of the two, Ashe stood out the most for me. I just loved some of the abilities she had, like her powerful laser shots, reflect lasers, chain lightning shots(though her lock on didn't quite have the vertical range that Grey's had),and especially Ashe's version of Model ZX.

I think the music is also a step up from ZX(though ZX has really good music), especially in places like the Arctic Ice Floe, Floating Ruins, Waterfall Ruins and many others.

In what areas do you think ZXA falls short in? Just curious.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
What do you think of this guy's speculation? Personally, I most certainly do believe A New Game will be announced or hinted at next year with the moves they've been making with him: letting him be in Super Smash Bros, New Producer, Legacy Collection, Digital Re-releases of his games (in chronological order I might add), the Cartoon, and the Live Action Move. Capcom is very clearly testing the waters at the very least, and I'll be quite disappointed if nothing happens. I feel as though I'm the only one who still believes in Capcom despite their messups, most other people I see say things like "Capcom is killing Mega Man!" and "Nintendo! Buy Mega Man from Capcom!" (which I heavily disagree with).

A new design based and spinoff on the TV cartoon though? Somehow I don't see that happening, and if it did I couldn't imagine it being worse than say, Sonic Boom or Pac-Man & The Ghostly Adventures. With their history of the 6 existing Mega Men (Classic, X, Geo, Volnutt, Zero, and Lan), I doubt the new design could be awful.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
What do you think of this guy's speculation? Personally, I most certainly do believe A New Game will be announced or hinted at next year with the moves they've been making with him: letting him be in Super Smash Bros, New Producer, Legacy Collection, Digital Re-releases of his games (in chronological order I might add), the Cartoon, and the Live Action Move. Capcom is very clearly testing the waters at the very least, and I'll be quite disappointed if nothing happens. I feel as though I'm the only one who still believes in Capcom despite their messups, most other people I see say things like "Capcom is killing Mega Man!" and "Nintendo! Buy Mega Man from Capcom!" (which I heavily disagree with).

A new design based and spinoff on the TV cartoon though? Somehow I don't see that happening, and if it did I couldn't imagine it being worse than say, Sonic Boom or Pac-Man & The Ghostly Adventures. With their history of the 6 existing Mega Men (Classic, X, Geo, Volnutt, Zero, and Lan), I doubt the new design could be awful.
Good ol' Muah. I'm a fan of his videos, BTW. :p
I'm also in the camp that's just sick and tired of all the malice that people still have when it comes to Capcom. I get that what they did was horrible, but it's been a while since that happened, and eventually, you just get sick on hating on Capcom because by doing that, you're giving them attention that you don't want them to have. They still have quite a few ways to go before they're fully trusted again, but seeing as how Capcom's learned from the DLC situation with Street Fighter V and giving Strider a new entry, they're slowly but surely on that path.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What exactly did Capcom do to the Mega Man series anyways? I noticed there hasn't been a new Mega Man game in quite a long time.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
What exactly did Capcom do to the Mega Man series anyways? I noticed there hasn't been a new Mega Man game in quite a long time.
Unless you count Legacy Collection.

I've begun a Mega Man comic focusing on Cut Man! Check it out if you want, but it's my first web comic so don't expect a masterpiece. I would greatly appreciate any criticism.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=158775

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Any Mega Man mains going to be at Genesis? I got the weekend off and I want to know who to look for.

Most likely Capcom just trying to test the waters given the series wasn't doing so hot during the '00s bar MM9/10. Also probably because Inafune left and letting time heal the wounds of the mass cancellations.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
In my view, they are letting him take a break from the countless games they've given him pre-2010 and after losing Keji Inafune as the series' producer. Before 2010 hit us Capcom over-saturated the market with an abundance of Mega Man games: I mean, the dude has 7 different game series, tens of spinoffs, 132 games in total, and the games would get very little space between each other because they would release multiple titles for him per year. The funny part is that out of all these 132 games, his best seller is Mega Man 2... which was released way back in 1988 (a.k.a. over 20 years ago) and only sold 1.51 million copies, and most of his other games only sell around 225,000 copies, though Mega Man X, Battle Network 4, and Mega Man 3 came a little bit close. Though people often regard him as Capcom's (unofficial) mascot and one of the biggest icons in all of gaming, Mega Man games don't really sell all that well for the most part and his IP is in fact only Capcom's 4th best seller. Many Capcom haters and angry fans fail to acknowledge this fact.

In recent years they also canceled 2 projects: Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe, and that caused quite an uproar from fans. People also complain about them cancelling a Maverick Hunter FPS game and Rockman Online, even though neither of these games were technically cancelled by Capcom.

The truth of the matter is, while Mega Man is popular he isn't quite as profitable as people tend to think, and his newer games have been selling even less and it was hard for the series' to get any "focus" when they kept producing game after game instead of taking the time to truly place their attention on one game per series. Capcom is simply reassessing Mega Man and thinking of their next way to move forward with the series and re-introduce him in a way that'll please both old fans and the newer kids of this generation. It's only been around 3-5 years since the last game, and I think its gonna be a bit longer than that before they take off their thinking caps and get on with it. I'm sure Capcom still loves :4megaman: and they do still want to keep making his games, but what they don't want is to turn him into a cash cow or take a huge risk that will lose them money.

In my personal opinion, the franchise needed the break. Because now, the next game will likely be more focused and have more content in it than ever before. I'm not sure if it will break Mega Man 2's record for the series' best seller, but it'll be interesting to see their next move nonetheless.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I don't think I seen any :4megaman:at Genesis. Which is a bummer because I really did want to see :4megaman: and :4shulk:at Genesis.

I think :4megaman:is not getting the appreciation he deserves!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would agree that Capcom is planning something with Mega Man. If that Cartoon series in 2017 is anything to go by. They could even be working on a game too. But it's better for them to slowly release titles in the series instead the constant releases they've have from 1987 to all the way in 2010. That's likely part of the reason for the decline of the series until Mega Man 9. They released too much too fast. All in all, I hope that said series is good, and whatever games they make are too.

Granted they've had multiple games that sold over a million. Mega Man 2, MM 3, MMX, MMX4, Battle Network 3 and 4, and the Anniversary Collection(if you combine the sales of all three ports)all sold more than a million units. And that's not taking into account that Mega Man 9 and 10 were supposedly "succesful" in the eyes of Capcom. Not that every game needed to do this, quite a few Mega Man games should have been cheap to make, due to reused assets. Which means certain games that sold less than a million copies likely turned a nice enough profit.

Whenever Mega Man makes his comeback, they should slow down the releases of the games. Let people get excited to see the characters.

As for people who think Nintendo should buy the series, I don't know if it's the best move. But I can see the positives. They could pull some 2nd party deal though. Mega Man is closely associated with Nintendo at the very least. So making a deal to have a Mega Man game exclusively on Nintendo consoles, just like with Sonic or that Capcom 5(or should I say Capcom 3) project could work.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I could see maybe a collaboration to help Capcom work but I definitely don't think Nintendo buying the franchise would be a good move considering their history with their own IPs. As opposed to Mega's 3-5.5 year current abscence:

:4samus: was shelved for the entire N64 era and its latest game was around 5 years ago, which didn't sell as much as Nintendo wanted and was pretty controversial for a lot of reasons (mainly Samus' characterization and the horible story). They did give us Federation Force at E3, but not too many people were happy about it.

:4falcon: has been asleep since 2004, as Nintendo is still struggling to find a way to make the game feel new again (as Miyamoto said in an interview about a few years back iirc)

:4fox: only got one game for the entire Wii & DS era and only recently came with Star Fox Zero after nearly a decade

:4littlemac: had a 15 year wait to get Punch Out for Wii, and THAT game was also around 5 or 6 years ago.

:4pit: had a whopping 25 year wait for his game before Sakurai brought him back in Brawl and then making Uprising. Even now, Sakurai says he doesn't plan to make a sequel and that we'll likely have to wait yet another 25 years for a new K (I'm not sure if it really will end up that way, but ya never know)

Honestly, unless its :4mario::4link::4pikachu::4kirby: or maybe :4villager:, Nintendo's had a history of ignoring their franchises for just as long, sometimes even longer than 3-5 years. They pay attention to sales numbers just as much, if not more than Capcom does (they were gonna cancel Fire Emblem and make Awakening its last game for instance because of the series' poor sales, if it wasn't for its high sales it'd probably be dead by now) and they might not be the saving grace for MM people think it is. We wouldn't know unless it actually happened: They could shelf him again for all we know, or best case scenario could be that they make a few MM games and then ignore him again. They already have trouble managing their own IPs and own too many they have to worry about, so I don't think its in their best interest to start worrying about those of other companies. Not to mention that if they got the IP they would have to give said franchises even less attention, they only have so much time, money, resources, and employees to work with after all.

I also love peoples' assumption that Nintendo even wants to make MM games just because he's in Smash. Iirc the only other time Nintendo really got involved was them publishing Mega Man 6 in North America (as Capcom didn't feel like it due to a declining support for the NES). Nintendo is a great company but, until I see Capcom make him a cash cow again or worse, I feel Mega Man is at home where he is, its just not worth it imo.

Also, my personal message to the people wanting Nintendo to buy Mega Man: Even if Nintendo did want the rights to it, Capcom has not, nor will they ever even consider selling the Mega Man IP. Like it or not, it is still a very important franchise to them and the series needs focus from all the countless games he's already got, and it just doesn't finish in a mere few years. Its almost like Disney giving away Mickey Mouse, its just not gonna happen.

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
The Mega Man Skype group is the only active chat group. Not many of us actually like discord and how we've dealt with Skype's lag issues are by simply down grading. I would admit, I was hyped for discord, but beta or not, this situation reminds me so much like Google+ VS Facebook. Once Discord finally has an option to make video calls and has a friends roster, it will finally replace Skype for me, but until then, I get sick of having a tab left open for that, let alone a very inactive discord chat we own.

If anyone wants to join the Skype group, you can also message me.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Mega Man Zero has some catchy music. The same can be said about the entire franchise, though.

I'm still glad that they didn't go in this direction for smash. Still, it's a cool video.
I like to listen to this while I practice with MegaMan

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How many of you care about the Gold Mega Man Amiibo? It looks alright. But I don't even have the standard Mega Man Amiibo. It's one of the better looking ones overall. I'm hoping I'll get the Legacy collection when it drops. Though I do hope they show more of that challenge mode. Some of them looked pretty neat.

Mighty No. 9 got delayed again, but I didn't back the Kickstarter. Can't help but feel a bit bad for the guys that did though. Seeing as it's the third delay. I don't doubt the game will be solid. It might even be really good gameplay wise. But I didn't think it would be mind blowing either.

If that Mega Man cartoon is still happening, maybe we'll get a game to along with it. Would be nice.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Mighty No. 9 got delayed again, but I didn't back the Kickstarter. Can't help but feel a bit bad for the guys that did though. Seeing as it's the third delay. I don't doubt the game will be solid. It might even be really good gameplay wise. But I didn't think it would be mind blowing either.
Yeah, i didn't backed the kickstarter either, so i don't really mind it, but man, is it a **** move to the guys that did. I understand that they are trying to fix problems related to the game engine, but this and the time Inafune wanted MORE money to make a Rival character dlc or something, AFTER the kickstarter ended, is the type of stuff that worries me.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597

Yeah, i didn't backed the kickstarter either, so i don't really mind it, but man, is it a **** move to the guys that did. I understand that they are trying to fix problems related to the game engine, but this and the time Inafune wanted MORE money to make a Rival character dlc or something, AFTER the kickstarter ended, is the type of stuff that worries me.
I backed the kickstarter and I have no issue's with the delay, sucks but i'm not making a big deal out of it unlike all the other angry Megaman nerds. The reason for the delay is rooted in bugs inside the network modes, and specifically problems with matchmaking. There are two large reasons for this problem, one of them being the large number of platforms supported (the solution for each platform is slightly different) and the other stems from the fact that the engine they are using is no longer being updated which means adjustments for matchmaking and online code are being made manually (actually reprogramming parts of the engine by the dev team themselves). Unfortunately, this is all a result of miscalculations on the part of the development staff.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I backed the kickstarter and I have no issue's with the delay, sucks but i'm not making a big deal out of it unlike all the other angry Megaman nerds. The reason for the delay is rooted in bugs inside the network modes, and specifically problems with matchmaking. There are two large reasons for this problem, one of them being the large number of platforms supported (the solution for each platform is slightly different) and the other stems from the fact that the engine they are using is no longer being updated which means adjustments for matchmaking and online code are being made manually (actually reprogramming parts of the engine by the dev team themselves). Unfortunately, this is all a result of miscalculations on the part of the development staff.
I backed the game up too. I'm usually okay with delays, because it tells me that the developers would rather have a game that works than a game that's shipped out with bugs on arrival (Hi, Arkham Knight PC port). My issue with this delay is that this is the third delay, and Inafune promised that there wouldn't be anymore delays after the second one. I've seen people say that this game is going to suck because of the countless delays. It also doesn't help that whenever Mighty Number 9 is brought up, people usually gloss over it. I've even had one dickbag say that I should be ashamed for being optimistic for the game. That's how low it's gotten.

Top Bottom