• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah the Mega Man suit in Mario Maker is cool. But he's shrunk down for some reason. This wasn't the case with Pac-Man and Sonic though. I wonder what they'll do for Ryu.

Donkey Kong got a really good suit out of this though.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Just passing by to ask, @ Jehtt Jehtt , is this you at the 1:00 minute mark ?

If it is, congrats, Senpai noticed you XD

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Check out this Mega Man montage we made! "The Year is 20XX..." We worked really hard on it!
Gonna be honest, most of the clips at the beggining were really boring.

Repeteadly hitting a FG Robin that keeps falling into your usmash can be funny if you edit it with some comments or jokes a la Alpharad, but just the clip alone isn't impressive.

It did get better from the middle of the video to the end(spiking Diddy, leafstooling Ike, etc. also, that Marth made me facepalm and laugh at the same time), good stuff for that :)

So i suggest that next time you guys go for more of those clips and less simple fsmash kills

EDIT: Just checked your Villager montage, now THAT'S some really good stuff! I know that Megaman is naturally harder to do more impressive stuff with compared to villager, so there's that. Just keep that in mind next time.

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Yo guys, I'm actually thinking about something...
With all the buffs Leaf shield has received, who started to use it while recovering ? It might seem weird, but since it slows you down when you fall during its activation, I started to use it while recovering high when I'm a bit far from the ledge.
I might just use Dair to float a bit after a jump or Rush tho.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
It's not a bad recovery option since you can throw it to keep your opponent on the ledge, but don't use it too much. If your opponent catches on even once and punishes, that means your stock.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yo guys, I'm actually thinking about something...
With all the buffs Leaf shield has received, who started to use it while recovering ? It might seem weird, but since it slows you down when you fall during its activation, I started to use it while recovering high when I'm a bit far from the ledge.
I might just use Dair to float a bit after a jump or Rush tho.
I do that sometimes and i sometimes i shoot it before going for the ledge. But that's only if i'm recovering from high.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Uhhh...
We have two stage discussion threads, but it looks like they are both dead...
Are we really to the point where no Mega Main needs to record the Pros and Cons of the legal Stages ?

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Uhhh...
We have two stage discussion threads, but it looks like they are both dead...
Are we really to the point where no Mega Main needs to record the Pros and Cons of the legal Stages ?
I find both ironic and sad seeing this post after getting killed at 50% onCastle Siege by a DK on a tournament.

It hurted out more than it should

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I find both ironic and sad seeing this post after getting killed at 50% onCastle Siege by a DK on a tournament.

It hurted out more than it should
Sorry about that :ohwell:
I bet it does hurt. Never get near the edges on Castle Siege, or else you are already scrap metal.
Wait... Should I even apologize about my post. :smirk:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Iunno, but I've gotta clean up some monkey foot out of my face :crying:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So... Smash Bros's online is going through maintenance right now if I'm correct. Does this mean we're getting a balance update? If so, what would you like to see Mega Man get buffed in?

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So... Smash Bros's online is going through maintenance right now if I'm correct. Does this mean we're getting a balance update? If so, what would you like to see Mega Man get buffed in?
Pretty much everything we said in the other threads XD

But seriously, buff our smashes so that they either have less lag or more kill power, or just give us some damage buffs all around.

Isn't this maintenance just standart stuff? I mean, they usually announce when they are going to do a balance patch right?

Last edited:
S

Silver_1357

I just came here to say that I main Megaman.

And i'm proud of it.

Even though my signature says the I main Toon Link and Sonic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Pretty much everything we said in the other threads XD

But seriously, buff our smashes so that they either have less lag or more kill power, or just give us some damage buffs all around.

Isn't this maintenance just standart stuff? I mean, they usually announce when they are going to do a balance patch right?
No, not to my knowledge. I just hope that our words can reach the balance team, especially since they don't hear us complaining about how broken Rosalina is. :/
Also, where's the tournament locator you told me about not too long ago? I can't find it.

S

Silver_1357

No, not to my knowledge. I just hope that our words can reach the balance team, especially since they don't hear us complaining about how broken Rosalina is. :/
Also, where's the tournament locator you told me about not too long ago? I can't find it.
I hoped Rosalina gets nerfed.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Oh yeah, here is the forum:

http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/
Totally forgot about it :p

Also i dont think Rosalina is broken, i hear a lot of people complain about her in my region to the point that hating Rosaluma it's pretty much a meme here, but she ain't winning any tournaments, offline or online. Also i see people on youtube and whatnot asking for a Luigi nerf, in his case i don't know how good he is tbh, i just think that him having guaranteed kills out of his dthrow while most characters get 50/50's it's kinda "unfair", not to use the bad word.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Oh, and we can walljump on the lower lip on Halberd. It simply me1ns that we can stall our recovery by jumping, going deep, Walljumping then use Rush to hit the ledge. Situationnal, but I think it needs to be said.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's been a bit since I got to play consistently. So I didn't get many wins this time online. Worse part is, I was pretty close to winning more than a few matches.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
^ This.
The fact we get a confirmation we're going to get a live-action Mega Man movie made by Fox immediately after the release of the shameful Fantastic Four movie is anything but exciting.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
^ This.
The fact we get a confirmation we're going to get a live-action Mega Man movie made by Fox immediately after the release of the shameful Fantastic Four movie is anything but exciting.
Well, one thing that makes me slightly hopeful is that Chernin Entertainment is making this along with Fox, and they made the recent Planet of the Apes films, which I hear are good, but I never saw them. Another thing that I believe Mega Man has the advantage over something like Fantastic Four is that the video game movie industry has not grown nearly as much as the comic book movie industry, so while the chances of the movie being good are low, but they aren't to the levels of Fant4stic. Since I'm still interested in Deadpool, if that movie is good, I'll have more hope in Fox. At the moment, I have no hope whatsoever.

Did we get a confirmation that it's going to be live action?

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I lost my hope in movies long ago.
Please don't touch my Mega Man.
I beg you

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I lost my hope in movies long ago.

While this is pretty much what i think as well, i'll still wait to actually have more info, before bashing it or jumping on the hype train.

Any news on how Legacy Collection is doing? I mean the sales numbers.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
While this is pretty much what i think as well, i'll still wait to actually have more info, before bashing it or jumping on the hype train.

Any news on how Legacy Collection is doing? I mean the sales numbers.
It's been getting a lot of good buzz, so I'd imagine it selling pretty decently at the very least.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
It's been getting a lot of good buzz, so I'd imagine it selling pretty decently at the very least.
I see.

Still worried if Capcom have nintendo's mindset with Star Fox 64 3D "Well, if no one buys this remake i guess this means people just don't care about this series anymore, it's not like they want a new game."

I think i will buy it on steam, maybe next week or so.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I see.

Still worried if Capcom have nintendo's mindset with Star Fox 64 3D "Well, if no one buys this remake i guess this means people just don't care about this series anymore, it's not like they want a new game."

I think i will buy it on steam, maybe next week or so.
I'm getting it on the PS4 eventually, if only for the challenge mode.
Well, Star Fox is getting Star Fox Zero, so that's a new game. I imagine with all this buzz about Mega Man being in Smash 4 and him getting this TV and movie stuff, a new game should come soon... I hope.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I'm sorry for my own Blue Hero, but I'll just wait for Mighty No. 9, already got the Anniversary Collection anyway.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I'm sorry for my own Blue Hero, but I'll just wait for Mighty No. 9, already got the Anniversary Collection anyway.
Yeah... the only reason i'm getting it is cause i don't have the anniversary collection and i haven't played the 6 first games in a while.

Heck, some of them i never played outside of an emulator(4 and 5), so yeah.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
It sucks that MN9 got delayed, but if it's for the sake of a better game, I'm for it. Still, that game looks amazing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
http://www.geek.com/games/capcom-and-fox-ready-to-rock-a-mega-man-movie-1633060/
So... what does everyone think of this? Me personally, I'm not very excited, especially since it's 20th Century Fox that's involved, and I have a huge disdain to them after Fant4stic.
For me it was that abomination of a Dragon Ball movie. Now, let's never mention that movie that doesn't exist ever again. Sorry to hear that you had to watch that FF movie. I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

^ This.
Live action? **** it then. Mega Man isn't the kind of series that could translate well into live action. And most video game movies are trash because of it...And many other reasons. I'd rather wait for the cartoon. Now, THAT has some potential.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
For me it was that abomination of a Dragon Ball movie. Now, let's never mention that movie that doesn't exist ever again. Sorry to hear that you had to watch that FF movie. I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

Live action? **** it then. Mega Man isn't the kind of series that could translate well into live action. And most video game movies are trash because of it...And many other reasons. I'd rather wait for the cartoon. Now, THAT has some potential.
Look on the bright side; a bad video game movie isn't going to damage Mega Man's reputation. He'll have other things to back up on, like the excellent Archie series and the possibly really good animated series. Besides, if video game movies did damage reputations outside of movies, Mario wouldn't exist today, or be a stumbling franchise.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Look on the bright side; a bad video game movie isn't going to damage Mega Man's reputation. He'll have other things to back up on, like the excellent Archie series and the possibly really good animated series. Besides, if video game movies did damage reputations outside of movies, Mario wouldn't exist today, or be a stumbling franchise.
I know. But a bad movie will still have the faint smell of crap anyway. Still, if that cartoon takes any aspects from the comics it should be fine.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Who's even coming up with these ideas to have these video game characters star in live action movies anyway? Do they actually think it's a good idea? Wouldn't animated movies do them more justice?

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Is it confirmed to be live action now?

Cause if it is then yeah, time to panic.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Is it confirmed to be live action now?

Cause if it is then yeah, time to panic.
Some reports have said that it is, but I don't remember hearing any confirmation on that. If it does end up being live action, I'm going to assume the worst unless whoever's in charge of the costume design KNOWS how to translate Mega Man into live action.

Top Bottom