• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
X2 is the only game after X1 to really have a polished feel to it and its a pretty damn great sequel. It has so many neat touches and mechanics with its physics/weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGwaOcQTCzc

X3 doesn't really have these interesting details and level design is just lacking so much. There are many levels in X3 that feel so empty and uninspired compared to the previous two games. Also 2/3 of the boss fights are awful in their AI. X1/X2's AI with bosses wasn't that great but at least they didn't reuse a bunch of patterns. I swear so many bosses do stupid nonsense like ram into the wall like an idiot (looking at you Blizzard Buffalo and Thunnel Rhino)over and over. Also Zero is ass to play as and the music blows aside from a few songs.

X4 is pretty fun but I think near the end the game gets really damn lazy. The final level is just a bunch of strong enemies in tight boring corridors with pikes/bottomless pits along with really lackluster boss fights. Then there's a boss rush and oh hey its Sigma. Now granted Sigma is X4 is probably the best Sigma fight for actually pretty really challenging and pretty intense as a fight. X4 is a pretty great game but I think near the end of its development they got really lazy.

X5 is honestly really similar to X6. It has alot of nice mechanics and stuff introduced to the series but its so unpolished and just not explained well. Doesn't help that of all the X games its the one that only treats you like a goddamn idiot with its millions of text boxes explaining simple stuff.

I genuinely think X8 only gets praise cause it came after X7 which was a godawful mess of a game. If you ignore that and compare it to the earlier half of the games the level design is really lacking.

Last edited:

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
9 is like one of the easier games in the series. If you struggle with 9 alot 10 will probably destroy you.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yep, Mega Man 10 is pretty hard.
Beating Sheep Man and Strike Man weren't so bad, but Pump Man's is a freaking nightmare.
At least his weapon is sort of useful. Unlike Thunder Wool...I had to beat three bosses with only the Mega Buster...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How hard exactly are the Mega Man games? I've been meaning to play my first game in the series since I've never played any of them before. Any suggestions as to which one should I start with?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How hard exactly are the Mega Man games? I've been meaning to play my first game in the series since I've never played any of them before. Any suggestions as to which one should I start with?
I'd say they're about the same difficulty as a 2D Mario game once you start getting the controls/feel down, the games are significantly tighter. IDK it's been forever since I've struggled with a game in the series. lol

5/6 are objectively the easiest.

IMO: 3 is well balanced. 1/9 are well balanced if you know what you're doing/take advantage of what's given to you. 4/10 have some awkward/annoying level designs but are decent overall. 2 has great RM levels/**** Wily levels, and is very punishing if you get a Game Over.

7/8/Bass probably shouldn't be attempted due to obvious differences, though 7 is quite underrated/overlooked.

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
Just play all the games except X5-X8

and if you're interested into Battle Network just don't bother with BN4 really.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
How tough is 10's Wily gauntlet? I'm scared.
It's not that hard, though I suspect the boss of Wily Castle 3 might give you nightmares. Wily Castle 1 and 2 aren't too bad for first timers though 2 has a lot of pits of death, so I hope you have those Beat Calls on you when attempting it.

Yep, Mega Man 10 is pretty hard.
Beating Sheep Man and Strike Man weren't so bad, but Pump Man's is a freaking nightmare.
At least his weapon is sort of useful. Unlike Thunder Wool...I had to beat three bosses with only the Mega Buster...
Really? Pump Man is one of the easiest Robot Masters to beat down with out using any special weapons, you just gotta button mash button mash button mash the crap out of his Water Shield.

Yeah, Thunder Wool is pretty lame compared to other special weapons.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Hey dear Megaman community!

The classic Megaman series will always hold a special place in my heart. I even loved it so much that I and a couple of friends started a rather big and ambitious 8-bit fangame projects a few years ago.

Progress went pretty far but after 3 years of working at it hobbywise it sadly died down. Anyway, it was fun to work on it and cemented classic megaman in my mind as one of the finest 2D platformers ever.

If you want to check out the stuff we did due to our dedication to the blue bomber, check our very old deviantart account: http://hklurch18.deviantart.com/

So, naturally I got hyped to see MM in smash bros, although I didn't quite like his playstyle for quite a while...until now!
I hope we'll have a great time together, guys & gals!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Zero's Trophy model has been ripped from SSBU. I'm sure more Mega Man trophies (and eventually the rigged Mega Man model, as well as Rush, Elec Man, etc) will follow up soon:

Last edited:

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
Well, it really depends on the series, if you mean the classic series you could start with Mega Man 2 on normal mode since it's pretty easy (I mean, try beat Metal Man first and you just broke the game for the most part). I advise leaving the Zero series for last since they are really unforgiving, but if you want an rpg go for Battle Network

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Any advice for the three Robot Master necromancer fights in MM10's first Wily Castle?
They really suck.
Right now I'm just spamming Triple Blade because I don't know their weaknesses.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Any advice for the three Robot Master necromancer fights in MM10's first Wily Castle?
They really suck.
Oh i loved that fight! the cool thing here is that the RM's have their own weakness that is ALSO slightly resembling their original one.
I think i can get a couple of them right, let's see..

Woodman - Wheel Cutter (original metal blade / atomic fire)
Ring man - Solar Blaze (original pharaoh shot)
Gemini Man - not sure about this one
Elec Man - same here
Slash man - Chill spike (original freeze man)
Napalm man - Strike Ball (original Crystal man's riquochet weapon)
Tornado man - thunder wool (original plug ball)
Flame man - Water shield (original was wind man, but water works too :D )

just try the weapons out here and there, these bosses really are not that bad :)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh i loved that fight! the cool thing here is that the RM's have their own weakness that is ALSO slightly resembling their original one.
I think i can get a couple of them right, let's see..

Woodman - Wheel Cutter (original metal blade / atomic fire)
Ring man - Solar Blaze (original pharaoh shot)
Gemini Man - not sure about this one
Elec Man - same here
Slash man - Chill spike (original freeze man)
Napalm man - Strike Ball (original Crystal man's riquochet weapon)
Tornado man - thunder wool (original plug ball)
Flame man - Water shield (original was wind man, but water works too :D )

just try the weapons out here and there, these bosses really are not that bad :)
I would wager that the two weaknesses you don't know are the two that weren't mentioned.
Does Triple Blade's shotgun effect actually deal 3 damage to each form, or do they have some resistance to it?
Because I would rather use a lot of one power and fill it up instantly with a Weapon Tank than have to go out of my way to refill every tank individually by collecting every energy I see (this will get me killed 9 times out of ten because I am awful)
I was doing relatively okay in the rest of the gauntlet, it's just those three fights I suck at.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
They really suck.
I once tried to find out their weaknesses, but I found out that it's better to just stick with the Buster. Sometimes it's better to just use the Buster and not sacrifice needed health one might otherwise need.

The Weapons Archive is actually very easy, due to the simplified nature of their attacks(i. e., they do the same thing over and over again). Some of them like to jump or bounce around when unleashing their attacks(Gemini, Frost, Napalm and Slash modes), and in most cases you can just run under them to give yourself some breathing room and shoot them up with the Buster(just remember to jump over the Ice Wave). For those that like to shoot stuff from long-range(Elec, Wood, Ring and Flame modes), just a bit of timing on your jumps and positioning is required to avoid those attacks, particularly on Flame mode. For Tornado mode, it's best to place yourself at range when possible so you can run and jump over all of the tornadoes.

Hope that helps.

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
So after coming back, i see people talking trash about Megaman&Bass...
uinyueYBUBYunhbg5757t!;?.:z§§§§
(there's nothing to understand in the spoiler :-p )

Seriously, I think the only weird thing with MM&B is the graphic style. Yes, it looks like MM8, but I still manage to like t because for a GBA game the style isn't that bad. It's not at Golden Sun level, but it is still enjoyable. The gameplay is just like MM7 too, and yet it feels way better ( Ice wall gives you something that looks like a double jump FTW) and the robot masters are cool too (except Dynamo man)
People shouldn't begin with it, but should still give it a try. Seriously, it's a really good game !

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
So after coming back, i see people talking trash about Megaman&Bass...
uinyueYBUBYunhbg5757t!;?.:z§§§§
(there's nothing to understand in the spoiler :-p )

Seriously, I think the only weird thing with MM&B is the graphic style. Yes, it looks like MM8, but I still manage to like t because for a GBA game the style isn't that bad. It's not at Golden Sun level, but it is still enjoyable. The gameplay is just like MM7 too, and yet it feels way better ( Ice wall gives you something that looks like a double jump FTW) and the robot masters are cool too (except Dynamo man)
People shouldn't begin with it, but should still give it a try. Seriously, it's a really good game !
The main problem that I feel that M&B has is that it feels that most of the stages were designed more for Bass since Mega Man will almost always barely make it
Also the smaller screen on the GBA makes is harder than it should unlike the SNES version

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
This seems like as appropriate a place as any to let people know that GameStop has Mega Man amiibos in stock right now.

Just ordered mine.

ETA: And they're gone already.

Last edited:

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I beat Mega Man 9! Only took about 4 hours.
Hard though.

On to 10!
Is it harder/as hard as 9? Because I don't won't to give up for six months again...
Normal, Easy or Hard mode? I always go for the lowest difficulty setting on my first run for almost all single player games, so I can get to know the game a bit, and to see how hard it is first.

Zensay

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zensay
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Been stalking this board for a while now and finally decided to join. I play :4megaman: almost as much as :4villager: these days and in general am just a big mega fan. And I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been contributing to this board. I didn't really like using mega in this game when it first came out. Something was off and he just felt weird. But after reading all AT's and guides I started looking at him differently and handling him more like what has been suggested, and now I think he's a blast!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Welcome to the board, if you have any questions feel free to ask in the Q&A thread.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mega Man 10's weapons are very, very boring and lame in comparison to Mega Man 9. Especially freaking Sheep Man's useless thing.

Also hi Megamains, just dropping by. :)

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Mega Man 10's weapons are very, very boring and lame in comparison to Mega Man 9. Especially freaking Sheep Man's useless thing.

Also hi Megamains, just dropping by. :)
I agree that MM 9's special weapons are superior to MM 10's, but I think 10's special weapons are still pretty good. Except Thunder Wool, that is. I think that's something anyone can agree on.

Also, greetings.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
MM9 objectively has the best set of weapons in the entire Classic series so that's kind of hard to compete with.

IMO: 9 > 1/Bass > 2/7/8 > 10 > 3/4 > 5/6

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
MM9 objectively has the best set of weapons in the entire Classic series so that's kind of hard to compete with.

IMO: 9 > 1/Bass > 2/7/8 > 10 > 3/4 > 5/6
Personal nitpick, but wouldn't it be reasonable to put 8 below Bass given that they share a few Robot Masters?

9 > 1/Bass > 8/2/7 > 10 > 3/4 > 5/6

Sure, the way I rank it is slightly bias driven given MM8's place in my gaming childhood, but still.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I lean more towards the later games' special weapons.

9 > 8/10 > 7/4/3 > 2/6 > Powered Up/5

I never played the original MM or MM & B.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Mega Man 7 will always be my favorite out of the classic series. :)

You're not missing much for MM&B. The level design wasn't very enjoyable, especially as Mega Man.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I agree that Mega Man 9 has the best weapons, in fact I think playing MM9 and then MM10 spoiled me.
I seriously miss Jewel Satellite, it's literally the best thing in the world.

Although I really like Triple Blade though. Water Shield's pretty cool too, though it barely functions as an actual shield.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
In my opinion Concrete Shot's a very underrated weapon from 9. I nearly never hear anyone talk about it. Creating blocks to stand on is just awesome.

Top Bottom