• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you were to decide Megaman's B Moves
What would they be? You can choose from any weapon in any Megaman Game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To be honest, I'd have preferred for his Neutral B to be the regular buster shot. And you could charge it. A ranged jab is great and all, but I'd preferrred for him to shoot all accross the screen. Falco better not outcamp Megaman. :/

I'd have tweaked Side+B to be Metal Blade. Side+B to hold it, release to throw forward, or angle it to aim to diffferent places.

Up+B would've been Rush Jet on the air, and Coil on the ground.

Down+B would be Bubble Lead if tapped, Leaf Shield if SMASHED.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Falco better not outcamp Megaman. :/
Earlier I was thinking that Pit would easily outcamp Megaman with his lightning-fast and spammable arrows, but look at them now - they're nerfed to hell and back.
There's a chance Falco's will be as well, bro.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
^B: Copy Vision / Astro Man's power from MM & Bass
Much like DK's ^B, this move has a grounded as well as an aerial version.
When used on the ground, Megaman summons a green hologram of himself infront of him, that fires Holo Bullets straight forward, which travel slighty further than his Jab Pellets. Altough its firerate is slow, the Holo Bullets makes the opponent flinch as they recieve 2% damage, making it useful for frametrapping, approaching, or camping if you like.
The Hologram dissapears after 3 seconds or when hit by the enemy. Megaman can't summon a new grounded hologram until 3 seconds after the last grounded hologram dissapeared.

When used in the air, Megaman summons the hologram up infront of him. It then swings Megaman in its arm, tossing him up and in the desired direction. Right after Megaman has been tossed, the Hologram fires a wave of Holo Bullets in the same direction at a fast rate, covering a degree of 90. Megaman does not enter freefall after this manouver.

vB: Rolling Shield / Armored Armadillo
Similar to Wario's vB, this attack charges up over time.
Megaman fires a blue sphere that rolls along the ground. Its size, range, and priority depends on its charge-level.
When fully charged, it's the size of Bowser and rolls at medium speed all across FD, canceling out all other projectiles and does 18% damage with medium knockback, sending ppl up and away.
A good move for approaching projectile-happy opponents, or to simply camp-overwhelm them.

B: Pharaoh Shot / Pharaoh Man
This attack works like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, but with a twist.
When you charge it, the charging takes place above your head, potentially hitting your opponent, but rather than multihitting your opponent, you give them one single hit that varies in power and knockback depedning on the charge-level, sending them straight up. Once fully charged, it dissapears and is stored inside Megaman.
You can fire it straight forward or with an angle of 45' up or down. Megaman can't move while charging.
Charge this move to around 95% and then stop charging it to later on start charging it again under your opponents to surprise them with a powerful, disjointed, Usmash-like attack.

>B: Magna Trap / Magna Centipede
Megaman fires a small pod up to the range of Fox's laser. When it hits the opponent, it does no damage or flinch, but it opens up and releases a random number of Robotic Centipede Tail Parts (1 to 3), that starts circulating around the opponent.
After 5 seconds, they stop for a split second before crashing to the center, one at a time at a fast rate.
Each part does 6% damage and knocks the opponent in the logical way with low knockback.
While the parts are rotating, they block all projectiles, making it effective against projectile-happy characters.
A Megaman with good timing can use this to create annoying frametraps or combos.
Megaman can't use this attack if there are already Tail Parts in play.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would have Megaman's B moves like this.

B: Mega-Buster: You could shoot it 3 times in a row, but it has little hitstun. Or charge it and use it as a finishing move. It can't be charged in mid-air, just like Samus' charge shot.

Side B: Metal Blade: The first input will get you the blade, after that you can throw it in 8 directions, sort of like Peach's Turnips. Each blade hits 5 times.

Down B: Jewel Satellite: Protects from projectiles, and damages enemies on contact. Last for 8 hits, 2 hits for each Jewel that surrounds Megaman. Pressing the input again will have Megaman throw the shield forward.

Up B: Mega Upper: Kind of obvious, but Megaman does an uppercut.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
First of all (Off Topic, Sorry), I made some sprites for all to enjoy.
~ENJOY~
~ENJOY~
Next up, the on-topic stuff. Except instead of Default Moves, I'm talkin' bout Custom Moves. :awesome:
Neutral-B: Rolling Cutter (Cut Man's Power). Basically acts just like it does in the Mega Man games, just gets thrown in a backwards C arc, infront of our Blue Bomber. However, because balance, I think the arc should be a bit larger than the Mega Man games portray it, making it more of a egg-shaped (small part being where Mega Man throws it, big part at peak of arc) arc then an oval arc.
Up-B: Gravity Hold (Gravity Man's Power). Their's a theory going around (which is most likely true) that the base animation for the Custom Moves are the same as the normal special, so why not just use the Leaping animation from the Rush Coil, flip it upside down, make Mega Man fly upward for a bit, then Mega Man's gravity turns back to normal and he falls.
Side-B: Remote Mine (Pirate Man's Power). ...What's going on? Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAKE!!
...All jokes aside, this is basically like Snake's Down-B. Throw a partially-visible Mine down, on a surface or a player, and detonate it whenever you please. Or just let it explode and watch your enemies play Hot Potato. That works too.

Down-B: Junk Shield (Junk Man's Power). IKNOWIT'SMEGAMAN7PLEASEDON'THURTME. ...Anywhoo, I'll just let the MMKB explain it.
It uses electromagnetism to summon large chunks of scrap metal, which orbit around the user for protection and can hit enemies multiple times, but disappearing as they hit objects. The junk can also be thrown off as projectiles in three random directions across the screen, each projectile discarded from the two others by 120°.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
First of all (Off Topic, Sorry), I made some sprites for all to enjoy.
Nothing's off topic in this thread, bro.

Up-B: Gravity Hold (Gravity Man's Power). Their's a theory going around (which is most likely true) that the base animation for the Custom Moves are the same as the normal special, so why not just use the Leaping animation from the Rush Coil, flip it upside down, make Mega Man fly upward for a bit, then Mega Man's gravity turns back to normal and he falls.
I can imagine it'd be pretty awesome to be able to use his Uair and Dair while upsidedown.
Reverse Dair Star KOs, and Reverse Uair Gimps.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Mega Man's B-Moves [OP edition]

B: Virus/Magna Centipede
Similar to a teeter grab, Mega Man uses Magna's Tail to grab opponents infront of him.
Once in his grab-state, Mega Man can pummel them which injects a virus into them. Each pummel disables a random input in the opponent's moveset for 10 seconds.
MM can also throw the foe in one of four direction, with decent damage and knockback.

>B: Storm Tornado/Storm Eagle
Fires a huge horizontal, cylinder shaped tornado straight forward.
It sucks ppl in and takes them for a ride, doing a maximum of 22%.

vB: Flash Stopper/Bright Man
Chargable over time. Freezes all opponent for 0.2 to 3.0 seconds depending on charge-level.
When they're "frozen", you can do whatever you like to them.

^B: Sleeping Dust/Scrap Moth
Similar to the Shuttle Loop, but with Sleeping Dust spreading all over the place, putting ppl into sleep if they're close enough.
Mega Man gets Butterfly Wings during this attack, and if you press A during the glide, he'll smash a chunk of Scrap Metal infront of him, which also sets free even more Sleeping Dust.

kylexv

Smash Master
B: Mega Buster
Side B: Weapon (Metal Blade, Crash Bomb, Leaf Sheild, or Rolling Cutter)
Up B: Rush Coil
Down B: Change weapon

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
B: Mega Buster / Charge Shot (like in MM4 onward)
Side B: Dust Crusher
Up B: Jet Adapter
Down B: Jewel Satellite

Final Smash: Flash Stopper, freeze time and you can inflict damage on all frozen opponents. Then, after it wears off, the combined knockback of all the moves KO's all who were attacked.

Hello, people in the Jacuzzi! I bring more sprites for you!
http://i.imgur.com/rvPCtvG.png

Enjoy, my friends! And let Rock Man be an Alt. Costume, Sakurai!
Really nice. :)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've heard from E3/Best Buy go-to'ers that Mega Man handles just like he did in the NES Games, with Speed, Jump Height, Weight, Ect.
Is this true? Because I love me some NES Mega Man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Does anyone have a least favorite weapon from the classic Megaman series? I remember not liking Yamatoman's weapon. It wasn't all that useful to me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Does anyone have a least favorite weapon from the classic Megaman series? I remember not liking Yamatoman's weapon. It wasn't all that useful to me.
Top Spin. The only thing it's useful for is it's Massive Priority in SSF2.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I've heard from E3/Best Buy go-to'ers that Mega Man handles just like he did in the NES Games, with Speed, Jump Height, Weight, Ect.
Is this true? Because I love me some NES Mega Man.
Sakurai actually does his best to make characters control like they do in their own games. That's why Samus feels floaty and Donkey Kong's fast despite his large frame. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was true, since Mega Man is obviously based off of his classic games.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Mega Man's B-Moves [OP edition]

B: Virus/Magna Centipede
Similar to a teeter grab, Mega Man uses Magna's Tail to grab opponents infront of him.
Once in his grab-state, Mega Man can pummel them which injects a virus into them. Each pummel disables a random input in the opponent's moveset for 10 seconds.
MM can also throw the foe in one of four direction, with decent damage and knockback.

>B: Storm Tornado/Storm Eagle
Fires a huge horizontal, cylinder shaped tornado straight forward.
It sucks ppl in and takes them for a ride, doing a maximum of 22%.

vB: Flash Stopper/Bright Man
Chargable over time. Freezes all opponent for 0.2 to 3.0 seconds depending on charge-level.
When they're "frozen", you can do whatever you like to them.

^B: Sleeping Dust/Scrap Moth
Similar to the Shuttle Loop, but with Sleeping Dust spreading all over the place, putting ppl into sleep if they're close enough.
Mega Man gets Butterfly Wings during this attack, and if you press A during the glide, he'll smash a chunk of Scrap Metal infront of him, which also sets free even more Sleeping Dust.
OP Mega Man Moveset? Bring it on.

B: True Metal Blade/Metal Man
Metal Blade from the Original Games, No Starting/Ending Lag, Projectiles are hard-hitting with high damage and knockback, and very fast. Also 8-Directional.

>B: Hadouken (Mega Man X)
OHKO. No questions asked.

^B: Rush Jet
Fast, doesn't put into helpless mode and can be used again even after using it mid-air once.

VB: E-Tank
Fully heals Mega Man.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My favorite Robot Master weapons:

Nitro Blade (allows you to climb walls!)
Magnet Missile
Hard Arm (it's just so satisfying)
Atomic Fire (It always looked so damn powerful)

Then non Robot Master weapons.

Rush Power Adaptor (It's like Megaman and Little Mac fused!)
Power Ball (From Megaman 8, because it allows multiple jumps, if timed correctly)
Arm Upgrade (From Megaman World V, because it's so "retro" having an android shoot out a fist, Mazinger style!)
Good old Charged Buster

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Stone Man's power in MM 5.
OP Mega Man Moveset? Bring it on.

B: True Metal Blade/Metal Man
Metal Blade from the Original Games, No Starting/Ending Lag, Projectiles are hard-hitting with high damage and knockback, and very fast. Also 8-Directional.

>B: Hadouken (Mega Man X)
OHKO. No questions asked.

^B: Rush Jet
Fast, doesn't put into helpless mode and can be used again even after using it mid-air once.

VB: E-Tank
Fully heals Mega Man.
That's not OP - that's completely broken.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh for LEAST favorite Robot Master weapon.

Eh... Charge Kick. I never EVER used it.
I think that's it.

Yamato Spear was at least useful to pierce through armored opponents, I think. Kinda like Laser Trident.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Most Favorite = Quick Boomerang
Least Favorite = Top Spin

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What character do you think will be revealed come monday?

Also, what character do you wish will be revealed?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Shulk, it was basically given away, unless Sakurai is secretly trolling behind the scenes with the Xenoblade devs.

Who I wish for it to be? Well, Michael Jones obviously. But if I had to pick one of the more popular choices, Isaac or Takamaru.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I haven't been keeping up lately. Where are the hints about Shulk?

Wishing for: Ridley, K.Rool, King Hippo, or Black Shadow (ye, F zero, jada jada...)

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

In case anyone wanted to know what a Mii of the Capcom company would look like.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Megaman 7 is heading towards the E-Shop soon. Kind of wish it was also on the 3DS too. Though now that I think about it, I don't think we've seen Megaman 8 for download before. At least not on Nintendo consoles.

Lumine

Smash Rookie
I have a theory that Protoman is an alternate costume for Megaman. And that's why he's not an AT.
Ridley's fine, I like Mega Man and Mewtwo is a big ol' YES. P.S ppl plz call meh MetalBladez.

Last edited:
Top Bottom