• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brother wants me to quit Smash Brothers

D

Deleted member

Link to original post: [drupal=5166]Brother wants me to quit Smash Brothers[/drupal]

My brothers a 16 year old who only plays PS3 and his Xbox, and he just came into my room a few minutes ago and suggested I should REALLY get rid of my wii. He says if I sell all the games I have, controllers, and my wii I should be able to get an xbox and a good game or 2. Hes right about selling my games, Ive got alot that I never use. I now want to sell everything except a few things like brawl, melee, skyward sword, mario galaxy 2, sunshine, and okami. If I do this ill clear up alot of my wii games and Ill have maybe 80 dollars from what Im selling. Also, my brother said that I should get my own xbox as in, hes not letting me use his so thats lame. Even though people around me all pretty much hate Nintendo, I still believe that they're all CoD players... which actually, most of them are seeing as how I've talked to them. I want to get an xbox, yes, but Im not selling my wii until the wiiU comes out. Any suggestions on what I should do? Or games to get for an xbox...?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
lol XBox isn't all too great. I mean, its better than a Wii, but a Wii U is coming out, and it is more powerful than the 360. You're better off waiting until a Wii U comes out. Just sell your useless games and start saving for now.

The problem with the 360 is that developers have done everything they can with the system. Things aren't going to be better on the 360 until the 720. Even then, the 720 is only rumored to be 20% more powerful than the Wii U, which isn't that big of a difference. Microsoft is highly overrated. And if your brother just plays CoD and other shooters on his 360, then he doesn't know squat.

TL?

Smash Ace
Your bro is an immature fan boy. Play what you think is most fun. Don't listen to him.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Definitely sell your unused/crappy Wii games, I cut half (or maybe even more than that) of my collection in order to get some decent games.

jrkirby

Smash Rookie
It really depends on what you do. If you use something, keep it. If you don't use something, get rid of it.

But don't do what your brother tells you to do. Do what YOU want to do. Being able to decide things for yourself is important. If you personally want an xbox, go for it. But don't let someone else tell you that you want it.

Browny

Smash Hater
If youve gone 6+ years without an xbox, youll last another 1.

Not worth it this late in its life, especially if it requires you to sell things simply to pay for it.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Don't.

Tell him to wait until the PS4/WiiU/720 come out.

Also, I don't recommend selling all the games you don't like to just one person. Sell them individually. You can get a couple of idiots and rich kids to buy your games for 20-30 dollars EACH, and, if I am guessing right, you should have way more money than selling them all at the same time. But this would require moving your own *** to find those people by yourself instead of asking mommy and daddy to sell them for you.

Link to original post: [drupal=5166]Brother wants me to quit Smash Brothers[/drupal]

My brothers a 16 year old who only plays PS3 and his Xbox, and he just came into my room a few minutes ago and suggested I should REALLY get rid of my wii. He says if I sell all the games I have, controllers, and my wii I should be able to get an xbox and a good game or 2. Hes right about selling my games, Ive got alot that I never use. I now want to sell everything except a few things like brawl, melee, skyward sword, mario galaxy 2, sunshine, and okami. If I do this ill clear up alot of my wii games and Ill have maybe 80 dollars from what Im selling. Also, my brother said that I should get my own xbox as in, hes not letting me use his so thats lame. Even though people around me all pretty much hate Nintendo, I still believe that they're all CoD players... which actually, most of them are seeing as how I've talked to them. I want to get an xbox, yes, but Im not selling my wii until the wiiU comes out. Any suggestions on what I should do? Or games to get for an xbox...?
LOL MAN WUT R u A NINTENYEAROLD?

GO PLAY SUM CALL OF DUTY: MODERN ***TOTALLY HETEROSEXUAL*** WARFARE with GUNS and BLAM BLAM and MANLY STUFF 7

**** *****ES, DRINK AMERICAN BEER, SHOOT THEM TERRIORISTS

MAN Y DO U PLAY THOS STUPID FAGGY LITTLE KID GAMES WITH UR BOUNCY KIRBY N ****,

U WONT GET GURLFRIENDS IF U DONT PL4Y CAWADOODY

DON'T GO BOUNCING ROUND ON UR WII BECUZ WII IS 4 KIDZ MAN

GROW UP n PL4Y SUM COD MAN bro

Spyro

Smash Ace
Your brother sounds like a typical CoD fan boy. Don't listen to him. And if you still really want a 360, I would suggest you wait till the 720 comes out and you can get a 360 for really cheap. And don't sell your wii or smash.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why not just keep your games and play games on his 360 and PS3 with him?

That's what I do with my Bro. He owns the 360, I own a Wii. I go over and play with him if I wanna play 360, and he plays with my on my Wii.

Maybe Sell some ****ty games if you're short a good controller or something, though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea just play what you wanna play and let him play what he wants to play. If you know whats fun for you, don't let him pressure you into buying another Xbox. Especially with the next generation of consoles on the way, why would you guys need 2 of the same thing?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Your bro is just a stereo typical modern day teen who only cares about HD games and cod probably. Dont quit smash.

D

Deleted member

Well, first off ulti, I said that my brothers an *** who DOESNT let me use anything of his. But then again, when he loses something he steals it from me. Lost phone charger? Take Zachs and never give it back.

oh and omnicron... you just made my day. Thank you.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Eh, if he's playing CoD on an xbox instead of a pc, don't listen to any gaming advice you get from him.

Keep your Wii.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Even assuming your brother is correct in that you should get rid of the Wii in favor of another console, unless you're a big Halo, Gears, or Fable fan, there aren't very many other exclusives that didn't get ported to the PS3. Coming from someone who actually has a 360, the PS3 actually has a lot of exclusives in addition to most of the good games from the 360. And the price has dropped a lot since its release. If you're going to get any other console of this generation...I would honestly advise the PS3.

But the Wii, of course, has -- for better or for worse -- almost no overlap with the other two consoles, because even the games that are for all three systems generally got Wii-ified in some way (oftentimes for the worse in my opinion, but whatever). If you still have games on the system that you like, then forget your brother. If he's so intent on you not playing the Wii and playing another system, maybe he should share so you can get an idea of what the other systems are like.

If you manage to work up enough money to buy a 360 (or PS3) and decide to purchase one, Mirror's Edge is an excellent game (incredibly underrated), and the Assassin's Creed series is definitely worth it (though I've played it on PC, not a console). The Orange Box and Portal 2 are also excellent games. (Apparently people didn't like Portal 2, but all of my friends and I did.) But I agree with everyone else; you should honestly just wait until the next console generation unless you've got a lot of extra money.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, first off ulti, I said that my brothers an *** who DOESNT let me use anything of his. But then again, when he loses something he steals it from me. Lost phone charger? Take Zachs and never give it back.

Then straight up tell him that if he wants you to play Xbox, then he needs to share. Nobody should ever have to buy two of the same system for the same two people playing all of the same games. Save your Wii, games, and money and don't crumble to him. If he wants to continue to be a **** and then not share, clearly he doesn't care enough for your interests, his opinion doesn't really matter. Just go back to your own games and business.

I learned to ignore my brother's terribad advice, I suggest you learn the same.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260

Omg.......... its them kinda people..........

I can relate. my brother didnt approve me playing these type of games either, but that didnt stop me, so DONT let it stop you.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

Your family must be dysfunctional, or you must be the middle child or adopted.

Joking.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I would get rid of my wii.....when the wii u comes out. People these days think its cool to kill people, then they sign up into the army thinking its like CoD. LOL. Oh and btw your brother doesn't choose for you, it's like saying you telling your brother to get rid of his XBox and his games and get a wii. People these days.... thinking they're always right. My brother is getting into FPS and Im 100% not interfereing with his taste in games. Its YOUR choice, not his.

:phone:

"And so I strike, like an unseen dodgeball at an echoing gymnasium!"-Dimentio

NNID
Budget_Player
Your brother sounds like a tier 1 douchebag. "Hey bro, get rid of that ******y Wii and get this other console, one of which we already have in the house and which you may or may not even like to begin with". LOL. Don't listen to him.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for all the feedback, its really appreciated. My brother actually doesnt really play FPS's much. Ive only seen him play halo but that was only for a little while, he thinks CoD is kind've how we all do. but whenever we talk about our consoles we choose we end up talking about CoD. Then he says it may have a 20 minute single player, and be the same game over and over again, but the multiplayer is very massive and you cant beat that. I just laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

He plays madden, Batman, NBA 2K12, Red dead redemption, skyrim, and some other **** thats not relatively based around FPS. OH, something else that you might love to hear is that he plays Pokemon, not for the story but for the sheer competetive ***** aspect. Like Smogon!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The Joke is competitive Pokemon is cool and I was trying to be funny

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, lots of people play Pokémon for the competitive aspect alone. That's not really all that surprising.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey ZachAttax64, do what you want, be who you want to be, and play what you enjoy. If you give in to your brother's pressure, you're going to regret it.

Browny

Smash Hater
Just tell your brother he has **** taste in games and that's that.

:|

Calling BF3 a generic FPS is dumb. Plenty of people, myself included rarely actually engage in first person shooting, instead use the vehicles all day long.

Just annoys me when people lump the BF series and CoD together, theyre two very different games, its like calling smash a generic fighting game, because you attack an opponent like you do in street fighter.

D

Deleted member

Coming from the person with the tag "Smash Hater" I wouldnt expect anything good.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Coming from the person with the tag "Smash Hater" I wouldnt expect anything good.
Well remember that's just a custom title, it doesn't particularly mean much. Also, I agree, BF3 is radically different from CoD, andf it's pretty better. Don't play it too much though.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't think that's supposed to imply hating Smash, if that's what you're getting at. I think it's a play off of the general titles (Smash Journeyman, Smash Master, etc.). I did the same thing at one point with "Smash Nostalgist." The "Nostalgist" wasn't actually related to the "Smash" part at all. But I could be wrong.

If you're getting at the fact that "hater" is in there at all, well, then, hating is fun. *shrug*

Top Bottom