• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Britches and Hose Mafia - Game Over!

Kantrip

Kantplay
the parts where I was dumb. I feel bad about neglecting my role when we should have lynched based on it. I feel bad I misinterpreted NAR originally and doubted my second reading.

But hey, I know when I was being smart and when I was ********, and I think I've learned from this. I can only go up :awesome:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
n1 we lost our most important role, and we semi cleared 2 antitown xD
n2 Asioh roleblocked john who roleblocked swiss marking me, resulting in me being marked and in our lost in n4

We were just ****ed xD

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ryker was killed N1 and was just a VT. Wasn't important at all in terms of night actions.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Screw it, doing shoutouts now.

1. adumbrodeus
Fantastic play imo. I legitimately thought "I could just let this guy make my arguments for me" on D1 because our thoughts were lining up so much. Then, it was kind of hard to see you on a john/RR scumteam, your actions against them seemed real. I guess I was right when I called you out on scumslips, but I didn't push stuff like that because I had a town read on you otherwise. Your defense against your lynch on D3 seemed... less defensive than Swiss'. Overall, I'm impressed.
Dat ryker drama though.
Also, why'd you kill me? I commented on that in the dead QT, and hoped people would catch "I would think Asdioh would roleblock me..." as a scumtell, but yeah why? I would have lynched July or Swiss over you on D4.

2. John2k4 replaces Seikend
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i had fun playing with seikend in bingo mafia, and was looking forward to this, but nope. then john replaced in and was a scummy inactive and :/ i wish this slot actually played the game.

3. Ryker replaces Terywj
not a lot to say here, they didn't get to do much.

4. Sokr
you're legit. My only complaint is that YOU DIDN'T VIG N3 LIKE I SAID! If you had vigged between Swiss and July on N3, we wouldn't have had the chance to mislynch July D4, or you would have hit Swiss' bulletproof and people would have to deal with the fact that the roleblocker RB'd Adum and yet survived being targeted by the vig, thus confirming his indy role. I tried to explain why doccing was useless after you claimed doc >_<

5. Kantrip
YOU. Sometimes you're brilliant, sometimes you go full ******. That happens to all of us, but almost all of your play on D4 was the latter. Making pages of pages of idiotic posts with Felipe was just painful.
I also can't comprehend how you could have had a scumread on me after:
1. I had enough town points to claim last out of everyone
2. I counterclaimed a role that's rarely town
3. I counterclaimed SWISS of all people
In addition to the rest of my obvtown play and attempts to get the lynches away from townies like Sword and onto the scum. What the hell man?
also notice how the scum (swiss) roleblocked N1 because he doesn't give a **** about town's actions? Next time you see a claimed town roleblocker say he chose no action n1 because there were no claims in the air and he wasn't confident in his scumpicks, try to think about what you would do if you had a role that might backfire. I honestly would have roleblocked Sword N1 if anyone, and that would have sucked (except he was RB'd anyway so whatever)

6. Sworddancer
uhhhh you're a cool guy. not sure what to say about your play, i think you already know what you did right/wrong. you seemed obvtown right before your lynch, but at that point it was too late.

7. JTB
I tried to prevent your lynch :(

8. Swiss
I did "that obtuse move" on N3. Man, indies these days. I don't really know what to say to you, let me get back to you on that :p

9. Soupamario
your play was legit enough! you were obvtown and had decent scumpicks (maybe?) and weren't a distraction or anything (unlike swiss in this game)

10. Felipe_9595
for someone that wasn't trying or technically "playing" you didn't do too bad. You looked obvtown to everyone. Your arguments with kantrip and sokr on D4 were incredibly distracting and pointless. thanks for being The Hero and hammering John on D3.

11. July
July :( you were town's only hope on D4. The lynch would have been between you and Swiss (in my eyes) so we would have needed you to argue your way out of it... but you were extremely inactive much of this game and it's too bad. Good play otherwise, though I still can't trust my townreads on you (you're harder for me to read than swiss)

12. Asdioh
I feel like I learned a lot this game. I know my strengths by now and I just need to play to them some more. For example, if I were more vocal, I could have persuaded town against the JTB lynch, I could have gotten RR lynched over Sword, etc.
When I'm confident of a read, I need to convince others better.

13. Red Ryu
fairly inactive. i'm pretty sure i can read your scumplay >=3
though also your townplay which is a good thing :D

14. Gova
Good setup. Why'd you choose to make it partial flips? (I didn't realize this until role PMs were out, not sure if it was announced in signups)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Day 4

:mistyface:

though it should actually say "sokr and kantrip and felipe's posts sometimes" because they were just going back and forth while scum got to sit back and say "LET ME THINK ABOUT THIS"
all game
and poor July was inactive and then it was TvTvT and oh my god my eyes

My night actions:

N1: considered roleblocking Swords, ended up doing nothing because of uncertain reads and no claims.

N2: considered roleblocking Swiss or Red Ruy, then reread and roleblocked John. This caused his Swiss roleblock to fail, thus letting Swiss mark felipe, thus letting Swiss win.

N3: Thought about roleblocking a random person like July, ended up choosing Swiss because I hoped to see him be butthurt I chose him. This killed me because his Adum RB failed and Adum got to kill me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Asdioh you're right. I'm going to learn from this game and try to capitalize on any short moments of sanity I have when I play, cutting out the full ******. I have the potential somrwhere, there's just a lot of wrapping paper to go through before I get there.

Not sure if I want to know what Ryker's nice long talk with me in postgame about how much of a ****** I am is going to look like.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dang people meta me going inactive as a scum tell, Gotta remember that if I try that again.

I wanted to for inactive to try it over what happen in Higurashi where me being active got my scum team killed.

This time I went inactive and people instant voted me off meta alone, like damn it lol.

Swiss

Smash Lord
1. adumbrodeus - As always an absolute pleasure to play with you. Really enjoyed our head to heads - especially when we both knew the other was anti-town - and then our uneasy truces afterwards. You played pretty well, easily lead your scumteam.

4. Sokr - I wasn't lying when I said you were smart - you have a lot of potential as a player and played pretty well - you were more careful than Kantrip and generally performed well, what you need is more experience.

5. Kantrip - You took far too much credit for the John lynch, any player worth his salt should have been gunning for him like a shot. As Asdioh said you swapped between full ****** and smart play. You also have potential but need to take a step back - everytime you find what you believe may be a scumtell, instead of analysing and applying smart pressure, you use anything you can to try and prove them scum. You tunnel and swap between targets.

8. Swiss - Another decent game. My reaction to te pressure and getting angry was completely fake, I was sat there giggling to myself browsing reddit.

10. Felipe_9595 - Obv town, at some points you were the only townie making sense, but more often than not you never looked at the whole picture, things often escaped you.

7. JTB, was town and lynched D1! - Not much to say.

3. Ryker replaces Terywj was town and killed N1! - Really wanted to play head to head with you. Indie Swiss, Scum Adum and Town Ryker would have been a great watch to unfold, especially when myself and Adum realsied the other was anti-town. Killed straight away because you were a threat.

6. Sworddancer. was town and lynched D2! - Average play on yuor part - didn't blow me away but you're never really terrible - reliable, if not amazing. I'd have you as my ally any day.

9. Soupamario was town and killed N2! - Obv town.

13. Red Ryu was mafia and killed N2! - Disgustingly scummy play.

2. John2k4 replaces Seikend was mafia lynched D3! - Seik I had as scum after his first post or so, and you did nothing to change that. (For those who will ask why I didn't auto lead a lynch on him for the town points, I needed guaranteed lynches mid/late game so I knew who to mark early game as I'd narrow the pool for who I had to keep alive, plus with my BP and RB the scum NK wasn't an immediate threat)

12. Asdioh was town and killed N3! - Obv town and smart. You played well, GG.

11. July was town and lynched D4! - You failed to halt your lynch, had you been more active and confident you could have. Towards the end town needed you. You're a good, reliable player - you just neede to realise this and step it up to the next level, which IMO you're ready for.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
3. Ryker replaces Terywj was town and killed N1! - Really wanted to play head to head with you. Indie Swiss, Scum Adum and Town Ryker would have been a great watch to unfold, especially when myself and Adum realsied the other was anti-town. Killed straight away because you were a threat.
Would've been entertaining to say the least. Unfortunately, I would need bulletproof for that.

Replace Ryker in Adventure Time with Rad Fic, but this time, let's actually communicate even if that means a RadFic QT. I miss your brain.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@everyone except swiss, ryker, and swords: Yep.

Told you ****ers, nobody listened.

Two protown roleblockers is absolute bull****, especially in a small no flip setup. Once it became obvious that he didn't wanna lynch adsioh he should've absolutely died. And nobody questioned why swiss did such a sudden about face of a massive townread without so much as a reason.

You all played horrifically and should be ashamed, I'm especially disappointed in kantrip.

@Swords: I have no clue where your head was at.

@Swiss: your oratory skills are as awesome as ever, hats off to you man. Out of curiosity, did you actually believe I was anti-town or were you merely protecting yourself? If so, why?

Gova... no words can express how horrifically gimped the tracker was in this setup. If you don't have the ability to track roleblocked targets ends up losing a lot of it's value as a pr, especially in a roleblock heavy setup like this.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Swiss: your oratory skills are as awesome as ever, hats off to you man. Out of curiosity, did you actually believe I was anti-town or were you merely protecting yourself? If so, why?
When I asked him for scum picks, he told me you pretty early on.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
It wasn't gimped at all. This game is well balanced. The only thing that hindered the scum team was weak play.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Obviously that hindered more, but that doesn't change the fact that the tracker was severely underwhelming in a game that was extremely pr heavy. When it doesn't get rbs it's an incredibly underwhelming investigative role.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yeah, although I hesitated a few times on my read, I had you as a scumpick all the way along. We both entwined our claims with the other for credibility ASAP D1, then slowly realsied our mistakes later on - thorughly amused me. You made yourself 'nigh impossible to lynch - and God knows I tried!

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh - why.

I asked you to track Swords mid-D1, the same way you crumbed to me initially (was that "why don't you visit Sokr" an intentional crumb? I jumped on it unsure if it was) and it completely bypassed you. I thought you'd be more Hawk Eyed for that as town - planning your tracks in advance.

Also some other tells I'll not say openly. Need to keep my competitve edge!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh - why.

I asked you to track Swords mid-D1, the same way you crumbed to me initially (was that "why don't you visit Sokr" an intentional crumb? I jumped on it unsure if it was) and it completely bypassed you. I thought you'd be more Hawk Eyed for that as town - planning your tracks in advance.

Also some other tells I'll not say openly. Need to keep my competitve edge!
Ok dude, seriously. Real talk.

I miss **** all the time as town. You crumbing for me to track swords is exactly the kind of thing I would miss.

Never said I was perfect lol.

Oh yea, the crumb was totally intentional, was gonna crumb to town to kill you if i got nk'd, though hadnt figured out how to do that properly before sokr fakeclaimed.

Also you should get on skype before i pass out.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Terrible play on my part. Got tunneled visioned on JTB, and I lost motivation to play this game after his town flip and my roleblock. Poor stamina on my part. Except for Adumb and July my reads were spot on, it just took a reread to get my head straight.

Swiss great play, as always. You played to your role well. For example, if you read my notes in the dead qt you will see that I actually noticed a discrepancy on how you attacked Skiend early, but never actually pushed him. However, from the indy marker PoV it made sense. Didn't read Days 3 or 4 so I'll just assume you did well there to.

Adumb man, you had me fooled. I''m going to take your slot as a learning experience. For now on when a good player attacks one of my town reads I'm going to look into it. I'm NOT going to dismiss it just because the effort "looks" genuine. I was too hooked up on the thought that you were going to play like you did in Melee mafia, where you set yourself up for townie points upon mislynches.

Kantrip, I didn't read Days 3 or 4, but for what it's worth, I really liked your play Days 1 and 2. You were an obvious townie during that time, and my strongest town read upon my reread. You're probably my favorite "newbie" at this point. So just learn from your mistakes and move on.

Asdioh, solid play. Try not to indulge yourself too much in WIFOM likeyou did though Day 3. Otherwise very obv. town. Keep it up.

July, sorry for that misread, it was all PoE. Your play was really solid. You're so freaking attentive to everything that it's amazing. You don't miss much, and you're great at objectively sharing your thoughts. The pure level of effort you put into games really is quite admirable.

RR, you weren't scummy due to inactivness in itself. Your posts themselves, plus your general lack of any true scum hunting, is what made you obv. scum. Read my notes in the dead qt to see what I mean.

Seikend, don't be so careful as scum. Like RR, you were very obv. scum. Just put yourself out there next time. At the very least it's better than being obviously self-conscious of the posts that you make.

John, you didn't really do anything. I haven't seen your town play, but I'm going to just bet that it's probably quite different from your scum play, in the sense that your town play probably involves genuine effort. Don't know what else to say, but to listen to the advice they give you in newbie threads.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Also, apolizies for the poor grammer in my above post, but I'm in a bit of a rush right now so yeah, I'm just typing what comes to mind without concern for rereading it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Forgot to mention that this is like, the most effort I've put in a game since Bingo mafia. I reread so much, and it didn't even really burn me out.

The only thing that makes me go "..." about the setup is the fact that the indy could try to mark someone, and be roleblocked and have literally no way of finding it out. So if he were alive lategame and the only players left are players he thinks he marked, he would have no idea who to lynch to win. Plus the fact that if one of those players were the town (or even mafia) roleblocker, they could just roleblock him to continue to screw him over.

Top Bottom