• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bringing Sexy Back: SFL Melee Tournament-Now At ZP-07/06/08

Linguini

Smash Master
Linguini Presents: Bringing Sexy Back

UPDATE:This is going down at the zero ping lan center infront of the hardrock,since mah house isnt available now.

Please everyone show up to this,we need to keep the scene going.
Even if your not that good and only play brawl, tournaments are the only way to get better.

Zero Ping LAN Center- 5450 south state road 7 and the zip code 33174 Suite Number 11.

DIRECTIONS: If I were you, I'd follow my directions and use mapquest ONLY as a reference, as they tend to give screwy directions to this place for some odd reason.

So basically this place is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen... Those are two exits off of I95, i'll have the exit numbers later. So, easiest thing I can tell you to help you not get lost, though I'm not sure if it's the fastest depending on where your comming from, Go to I95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from 95. When you hit 441 (or state road 7, same street) Make a right. You should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. The second Street is called Lucky Street. The plaza is on the right in between these two streets.

But to not get lost ever, or miss it, just make a Right onto LUCKY STREET, and there's an entrance to the plaza on the right as soon as u turn, where u will see the infamous "Only hill"

The Date

July 6th, Sunday

The Schedule:

1:00 PM...............signups and whatnot.
2:00-5:00 PM...................Doubles
5:00 PM-Whenever..............Singles

Entry Fees
Door fee-$20 (includes singles fee-$15)

Whoever brings a cube +TV gets 5 bucks off door fee.

Doubles-$20($10 per person)

The Pot

Singles:
60/30/10

Doubles
70/20/10

Format

Singles/Doubles

- Double Elimination
- All matches are 2/3, Winners/Losers Finals are 3/5, Grand Finals also.
- Separate seeding can be requested if it is so desired.
- All matches are four stock with an eight minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by stock and percentage.
- Items will, of course, be OFF.

Stage Listing

Singles/Doubles

The following stages are available for random select for singles and doubles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokémon Stadium

Daves Stupid Rule Applies.

No Stalling Please! (Wallbomb, Rising Pound)
No SoulStunner/Freeze Glitch either!
Wobbling will be handled with the Gentlemen's Rule.

Gentlemen's Rule: Whether to ban the Wobble or not, is decided upon both players should one be using IC's before the set Begins. If the opponent does not want it, it is banned. If he agrees it can be used to 200% before it's considered stalling.

BYOC.

Contact
My cell is 954-647-7972
MY aim is- ostrichfreak102
Feel free to contact me with any questions.

This IS FL melee, if you miss melee and want to keep the scene alive, be here.

Post if your coming,and if you can bring a TV.

TV's
1.Me
2.Me
3.Finch
4.Garbanzo
5.Jason
6.Polmex

Cubes
1.Me
2.Artistry
3.Chops
4.Finch
5.Garbanzo
6.Jason

Attendance

1.Linguini
2.Chops
3.Jason
4.Steven King
5.Elliot
6.Kou
7.Finch
8.Garbanzo
9.rexx
10.Afro
11.Artistry
12.Green Mario
13.doodah
14.james
15.Sh0ckwave
16.Cash Mooney
17.Finch
18.colbol
19.garbanzo
20.Blitzshaft(AKA P3nis Shaft)
21.Polmex
22.Chckn
23.chkn friend
24.chkn friend
25.zach soup
26.splinter
27.ESAM

POT: $410 baby and counting!

Post if your coming! We need cubes/tv's remember you dont pay door fee if you bring a tv/cube combo!!!!!

Linguini

Smash Master
:( this is a day after the crew battle tourney that im having at my place, I hope it doesnt affect either event's attendance...
ohh snap i meant to put this on saturday the 28th, eyah thats when it's gonna be.

Change your date to a week later lol. Theres tons of brawl tournies and not enough melee ,and that saturday is the onyl date i can do it at my house.

Finch

Smash Lord
I will maybe possibly try to show up and if I do I'll bring garbonzo/some other CFL people and a full setup.

Kou1030

Smash Cadet
ill most likely be in town for this ish. unless my ride leaves on saturday which we shouldnt, i think i'll leave on sunday to make it to this. no promises

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
ahhh, if this is the crew date, than im goin to the crew battle instead

melee aint cool enough for that ****

dont move ur tourny otru!

AfroQT

Smash Master
I ...guess? Not sure. But Riot is my father, my mom can be linguini, together they have fused there power to form Afro Thunda.

Linguini

Smash Master
Whip up a carpool, or convince people to come, this tourney is going to be da shiat.

Final date is July 6th, which is a sunday, it's the only date I could change it to.
Otru you better come to this!

Kou1030

Smash Cadet
date change ****. not gonna make this one anymore, gonna be back in gville smashin it up here son

Linguini

Smash Master
haha sorry bro, my grandparents are here until july 5th so i had to change it anyways.
When are you coming bro, lets chill while your down here, you,me,kyle=fearsome threesome

Top Bottom