• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 1st, 2010

WaveofShadow

Smash Rookie
Ok my brother's friend and his cousin will not be coming, however a friend of mine is coming, provided I can wake him up in the morning, is what he says.

As for the equipment, I won't be able to bring much of anything, although if I can dig up my GC I'll bring it for Melee friendlies.
Sorry Tin!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ok my brother's friend and his cousin will not be coming, however a friend of mine is coming, provided I can wake him up in the morning, is what he says.

As for the equipment, I won't be able to bring much of anything, although if I can dig up my GC I'll bring it for Melee friendlies.
Sorry Tin!
your friend is a maybe then, i'm not confirming him unless you can say for sure that he will come.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Predictions:
Ally 1st, coming back from losing a set to holy at some point.
Holy 2nd.
Nevermind 13th or 9th.
Guard 13th or 9th.
Hells 17th.
Holy you must win

GO NVM GO !!

Guard you must show who is the best fox with to joe ;)

hells show them the power!

Ally.... you dont need my cheering....

EDIT: message to holy, dont forget what you learned about your brother last tournament

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Rikana

Smash Champion
Aight ezzzz. Gonna head out the door in 15 or so. See you there.

TheSlip

Smash Cadet
The disadvantage of being 14 is that everybody else just looks at you and they're like, "Well, this is gonna be easy".
Oh well, still had fun.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Had fun in this tournie and met some cool people. Although I joined for Brawl+, I practically played 95% Melee. I probably played more Smash Bros. 64 than Brawl+ itself lol. Melee and Smash Bros 64 was too fun.

Can't wait for the upcoming Melee tournament. :D

sauc3

Smash Lord
i won, beat holy in luzrs and ally in winners, get at me!

melee was fun too,

EDIT: never played a round of RPS, how is there a winner? is it the person who cared the most? and went around saying they couldn't find ppl and DQing them? cuz srsly wtf i want my money back.

Rikana

Smash Champion
lol wow. It was $18 on the line for RPS? ****, I should've joined. Oh well, next time.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sounds like it went well guys. Though I feel kinda dumb for not checking back about a stream. Even if I did hear there was no sound on it?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Also, need to say that the venue is amazing. I was surprised it fit so many people and its very convenient; so much food to choose from. It was funny when you look at the the customers' expression when they came in. They're all just "wtf?". I'm looking forward to the coming Melee tournie hosted on the same venue. I hope I see the same people that I played Melee with. In other words, amazing venue is amazing.

I'm addicted to Smash64 on the Wii now. Its amazingly smooth and I found it very surprising you couldn't feel the lag playing on an LCD.

Fashoomp

Smash Cadet
I'm addicted to Smash64 on the Wii now. Its amazingly smooth and I found it very surprising you couldn't feel the lag playing on an LCD.

uggh...there was NOOOOO lag on my screen. People just needed a john if they lost. I regularly alternate playing melee on my screen, and an old screen, and I dont notice any lag when I switch back to the LCD.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Also, need to say that the venue is amazing. I was surprised it fit so many people and its very convenient; so much food to choose from. It was funny when you look at the the customers' expression when they came in. They're all just "wtf?". I'm looking forward to the coming Melee tournie hosted on the same venue. I hope I see the same people that I played Melee with. In other words, amazing venue is amazing.

I agree, the venue was great.

I saw a white family walk in once and the Mom (I guess) was standing near the Brawl+ area. Then she said, "I never knew Coffee Time lets you play videos games while eating." I lol'd.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I agree, the venue was nice and the tourney was great as well, just brackets was...

O.O

Rikana

Smash Champion
uggh...there was NOOOOO lag on my screen. People just needed a john if they lost. I regularly alternate playing melee on my screen, and an old screen, and I dont notice any lag when I switch back to the LCD.
lol you can't deny it Alex. You might be used to the lag but all TVs have lag for frame-dependent games. It varies though. CRTs lag too but people are used to it because its been played on for so long. LCDs lag more because the LCD needs time to convert, in other words "downgrade", its display since the Wii is behind in its graphics (graphics isn't the right word to use.. what's the term used for 480, 1080i, 1080p and whatnots?).

I hope LCD producing companies make an LCD that has fast converting time someday.

Top Bottom