• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawling for President '08 FINISHED! Congrats to the Aryman-Barge Ticket!

Halaster

Smash Ace
Well... American Presidential Elections happen once every four years. So we have to capitalize on this while it lasts. I noticed last night that there were no election themed tourneys. If we can get enough people together.

I would like to thank all those who joined for participating, even if things didn't go quite as planned, it was still fun for me to run/play in. The matches also went rather smoothly and the rounds were finished quickly. Thank you for your efficiency. I would also like to thank FMOI for not yelling at me for shamelessly advertising in his tournament (If you haven't joined his, do so, for it is awesome). Now to cross my fingers and watch the results of the real election come in.

Congratulations to the ARYMAN-BARGE TICKET! The winners of Brawling for President 08

I will need a minimum of 8 contestants. If I get more I have a few ideas as to how to work things. If this doesn't happen tonight I will run it on Saturday or Sunday at a TBD time.

Now Presenting for the enjoyment of the general public:
Brawling for President '08

EDIT: The Initial minimum has been filled, if by some miracle 8 more players sign up we can double the size of each bracket. If not you will be put on a list of subs/those willing to be partners for the finals (final rounds are doubles).
Please Register in this form.

Forum Name (Character Chosen) FC: *Party *

Example: Aryman (Snake) FC: 0087-2015-7256 *Red.*

The rules are as follows:

1. There will be two brackets initially. Sign up for Red or Blue (or Independent *you can go either way depending on what is open*)

2. You may use any character, but whatever bracket you are from, you must use the corresponding costume color (not strictly enforced, I won't DQ you if you don't *aside from the finals*, but please do it for the sake of the theme).

3. Legal Stages have been added. First Stage is agreed upon, loser picks the next stage.

4. The matches will be 3-stock, no time limit, no items. Sets are best of 3. You may pick one character for the entire tournament. One of you will please report the results here at the end of the set.

5. The final round will have a catch: When the winners from the two brackets square off, it will be a teams match, they get to choose a teammate to join them. It can be anyone that they want. The last round will be doubles, 3-stock, team attack on.

6. Have fun and be courteous, don't bash people for joining one side or the other please. There isn't any reward... sorry. This is just for fun.

Stages!

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* BattleField
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island
* Lylat Cruise

Counter-pick

* Castle Siege
* Luigi's Mansion
* Halbred
* Corneria
* Lylat Cruise
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium
* Frigate Orpheon
* Norfair
* Port Town Aero Drive
* Mario Circuit
* Onett
* Brinstar
* Skyworld
* Pirate Ship
* Delfino
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Yoshi's Island (Melee)
* Jungle Japes
* Distant Planet
* Pictochat
* Green Greens
* Green Hill Zone

Brackets.

Red:
1. Aryman (Snake) FC: 0087-2015-7256
2. cba (ZSS) FC: 4597-1153-9877
3. LordoftheMorning (Lucario) FC: 4768-7160-3233

Edit: Red waiting List:

Blue:
1. Barge (Ice Climbers) FC: 5284-3377-5176
2. Omis? (Fox) FC: 1590-7352-3773
3. Istudying (Snake) FC: 2449-6987-3228

Edit: Blue waiting List:
1. silverphoenix21 (Toon Link) FC: 2277-9499-2575
2. Sir Bedevere (Sonic) FC: 2277-6922-9913

Independent (will be assigned later):
1. Cheap Josh (Lucas) FC: 5112-3159-0491
2. BASEBALLFURIES (Ike)

Independent Waiting List:
1. Halaster (Wolf) FC: 0989-3402-5570
2. Cyclopean (Snake) FC: 0774-6872-8234
3. Samusbrawler (Luigi) FC: 3995-8553-8766
4. Hajuka (Olimar) FC: 3007-9018-1882

Hopefully the times will be as follows. (EST/GMT -5). If enough people join to have another round I will change the times accordingly, but it will be no longer than those 6 hours. Please have partners in mind for when you reach this point.

If 8-man:
Round 1: 6-8 PM
Round 2: 8-10 PM
Round 3: 10-12 PM

If 16-man (With Luck):
Round 1: 6-8 PM
Round 2: 8-9:45 PM
Round 3: 9:45-11 PM
Round 4: 11-12 PM

Round 1 is as follows:

Red:
cba defeats Cheap Josh
Aryman defeats LordoftheMorning

Samusbrawler forfeits via failure of wireless :( to BASEBALLFURIES
(will be part of the Red Bracket)

Blue:
Omis? vs. Barge

Silverphoenix21 Defeated by Hajuka
Halaster Defeats Sir Bedevere

Round 2:
Red:
Aryman Defeats cba

Blue:
Barge Defeats Hajuka
BASEBALLFURIES is Defeated by Halaster

Round 3:
Due to unfortunate events the third round is an FFA. The top two placers will be the finalists. Pick the teammate of their choice, and shall commence the team battle finale.

Halaster is defeated by Barge vs. Aryman

Round 4: Finals

The Halaster (Since Barge is afraid of snake, fair enough, I am too.)-Omis? ticket. Vs. The Aryman-Barge ticket.

(This is my first tournament. Suggestions are appreciated and I hope that people enjoy it.)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Obama ftw.

Sign me up for blue democrats as Blue ice climbers!
I get home at 4:00pm pst (7:00 est), so I'll have an hour to do my first match amirite?

Halaster

Smash Ace
Sweet, I'll add you guys now. I had thought nobody would be interested.

I'll refrain from signing myself up for now. If it comes time and we only need one person I will hop in, but otherwise I'm going to be hitting refresh on cnn.com as results come in.

@Barge: I may give extensions but I hope to have things done all in one night.

Halaster

Smash Ace
@Baseballfuries: Alright, can you put your FC into your profile or post it so that I can add it to the top, and thanks for joining.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Zelda/Shiek for McCain! I'd like to enter. There's a slight chance that someone will be using the TV at the start time. Are there going to be substitutes?

Halaster

Smash Ace
@ LOTM: Substitutes are being taken in case the need arises. If you can't play PM me and I can set something up.

Thanks for joining all, will be updating momentarily.

silverphoenix21

Smash Rookie
Wow, bout time someone thought about doing this! Sign me up as Blue Toon Link (nothing personal election-wise, I just refuse to play with any other color clothes on lol)

Halaster

Smash Ace
We are full, so you will be put on a list of subs/possible partners for the finals. If 7 more people join (6 actually since I can probably step in) We can double the Bracket size and add an extra round. So Invite people!

Cyclopean

Smash Cadet
Silver made me join. I can totally see massive lag in the finals.

tag: gravy
Cyclopean (Snake) FC: 0774-6872-8234 Independent.

Do I have to use snake throughout the entire thing? I've been looking for a secondary, so I was considering using ROB or Marth or someone before the finals, after which I would play Snake. If not, I suppose I'm fine with playing snake all the way.

Halaster

Smash Ace
@Cyclopean, thanks for joining. It could be an issue... if it becomes one I will come up with something. And yes, please use Snake all the way through.

EDIT: @ Istudying: He has until 7:30 or so, then we will sub him out. Hmm... I'm going to have to put up secondary times for if we can get a full 16 people. I'll put them up in a minute.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I wasn't sure if I would join this, but I can't resist anymore. Sign me up please. And yes I realize this election has nothing to do with me but I'll play anyways :laugh:
Um...you can add me to either colored bracket I guess

EDIT: I'll be using Luigi

Halaster

Smash Ace
If we can get one more person to sign up I will put up matches for the new set of people. One pair may get a bye the round after if we don't get a full 16, but whoever heard of a major league primary for the independent party anyways?

Halaster

Smash Ace
First you have to win the candidacy. Then you fight the other party. Hillary and Obama were battling it out forever before Obama and McCain actually clashed head to head, after all.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Alright, I've changed it. If we don't get a signup in a few minutes I will hunt around for a few people to finish off the brackets.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Yes, 6 PM EST is in an hour, feel free to do your matches now if you can, that was just to say please be on and preparing for your match by 6 if at all possible. If you cannot do your matches by 7:30. PM me so that I will know, otherwise I may try to find a sub for you. We still need three people! I have a person I can weedle into this to make it so that there is only one bye round, but if we can get a full 16 that would be amazing.

And thank you for reporting your matches Aryman.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Halaster,
So if my opponent does't show up by 6 i get a sub?
; )
If he doesn't show up by 7:30 I will see what I can do, and I saw him online not too long ago, give him a PM. He may still be online. I've also posted the matches for everyone else whom has joined thus far.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Can I still join even though I'm Canadian? :D loljk

Sir Bedevere (Sonic) FC: 2277 6922 9913 Since Sonic is already blue...I'll just stay blue then. :psycho:

I always wanted to make this kind of a tourney, just a quick simple tournament that can be done in a day...You're my hero.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I have bad news. My connection isn't working at the moment so I might not be able to participate.

But I aslo have good news, sort of. I trying to get it work and I think I will before the end of the first round, but you never know, I could be without wifi all week :(

*continues on trying to resurrect the wifi*

Top Bottom