• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawling for President '08 FINISHED! Congrats to the Aryman-Barge Ticket!

Halaster

Smash Ace
GG's BASEBALLFURIES. You weren't clear what your CP was so I kept it at Battlefield. I won 2-0.

Alright. I will be updating the front page in a minute. The next round is a 3-man. Me vs. Barge vs. Aryman. This is gonna hurt >.<.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Ugh, I dunt wanna fight aryman, but okay.

Not that I'm saying I'm gonna win, I haven't even played you yet :p

I'm not going easy, gonna go add you

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
GG's BASEBALLFURIES. You weren't clear what your CP was so I kept it at Battlefield. I won 2-0.

Alright. I will be updating the front page in a minute. The next round is a 3-man. Me vs. Barge vs. Aryman. This is gonna hurt >.<.
How is this gonna work?

Halaster

Smash Ace
I don't want to give anyone a bye round. This will be a free for all and the top two will be the finalists for the doubles match.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Just noticed the gigantic complications. Let me think this out for a minute.

Each player chooses one stage and picks it. Random decides who gets the first. After that you choose the Last place person's pick. I choose FD. In the event of ties after 3 matches, the tied players will duke it out for the final spot. 1v1 in 1 match.

Phoenix812

Smash Cadet
I realize that I am not a part of this tournament, despite the fact that I want to be, however I find this tournament to be pretty well organized. [considering it was just brought up today] Well, I wish the blue side luck. I would love to join, but one of the reasons that kept me back were the times this was being held. I would probably fail to do my part as I have to go to sleep at 9 PM. T_T

@Halaster - I have a question: If too many of the participants failed to come due to their time of sleep, what would you do? Since you're in the process of Round 3, would you still hold it on Saturday and/or Sunday? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ok, now what Halaster? ggs btw

Well I won twice, and Barge won once soI guess Barge and I are in the finals?

Halaster

Smash Ace
Congratulations Barge and Aryman, you guys are the finalists. Choose your partners for the final round, and choose wisely.

Aryman: 1st, 3rd, 1st.
Barge: 2nd, 1st, 3rd.
Halaster: 3rd, 2nd, 2nd

The two people who did the best in that FFA now pick a partner. The final set is doubles, best 2/3. The partner can be anyone whom you want with any character. It can be some unknown from Alaska (though it may cost you, who knows).

Barge

snake ***** in anything, I don't like snake, I'm not fighting snake.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Barge! You're representing Obama! Fight for your honor! It's not the smasher's way. SPINELESS LIEBERALSSS!!!!:mad::mad: (jk) Ary who would be your running mate out of curiosity?

Halaster

Smash Ace
You didn't fare too badly against him in our ffa's. If you want you can forfeit I guess... but... /shrug.
Why must I be Hillary? o.O

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Don't be afraid of a loss man. Accept it. Learn the Snake matchup better. I did that today. He was my opponent for another tournament. But I improved and I am satisfied with knowing that.

Barge

I've played ary a million times. Beats me everytime. I'm not playing against him >_>

Halaster

Smash Ace
If you insist... The official results will be posted at 9PM EST then, three hours earlier than I expected. Thank you all for playing. I hope you had fun. I guess that is all for now, I'll be making an update to the front page in a fifteen minutes.

And to answer the question... I'm not sure what I would've done if people had to sleep or whatever...

Wait... Barge wants me to fill in? I guess I'll do that. Who wants to be my running mate? you have fifteen minutes to make your case. If by some miracle my team wins the victory will go to Barge, since he should have been the one out here.

Edit: Sorry about the confusion, I'm a bit lost here myself.

Omis

my friends were skinny
If you insist... The official results will be posted at 9PM EST then, three hours earlier than I expected. Thank you all for playing. I hope you had fun. I guess that is all for now, I'll be making an update to the front page in a fifteen minutes.

And to answer the question... I'm not sure what I would've done if people had to sleep or whatever...
Halaster if Obama would have died then Hilary would have ran. McCain would not just get a "by". Thus it is now your turn to square off against McAry with your running mate. Go off fight.... it is your destiny.

Barge

I love tournaments for fun, but seriously, I don't find losing to snake fun.
Any other character is fine (except for mk)

snake, no.

I would've picked either lotm or omis.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Halaster if Obama would have died then Hilary would have ran. McCain would not just get a "by". Thus it is now your turn to square off against McAry with your running mate. Go off fight.... it is your destiny.
LOL! Considering that I've never played a real doubles match in my life! err... Omis? mind if I drag you to defeat in the last round with me?

Top Bottom