• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

ayojoe

Smash Rookie
I fixed my other problems but I still have one little one left.

How do I export the replaced CSP MenSelchrFaceB### file as a .brres file? Every time I export it, it exports as PNG like the image I replaced it with and it doesn't display on the results screen of the game. CSPs show up on the character screen and BPs show up in game, it's just the results screen MenSelchrFaceB files I can't get to work. Mainly on how I need to convert/save them as a .brres file
I don't mean to interrupt or sound like a nagging n00b, but could someone please help me with my simple problem quoted above?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
What method do you use to create the BRSTMs? When I make a brstm with brawlbox it takes about half the time it does to convert it the standard way.

I don't mean to interrupt or sound like a nagging n00b, but could someone please help me with my simple problem quoted above?
SSBExtract never hurt anyone

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
What I usually do to make the brres files is take an existing one for the character, replace the relevant pictures, and save it, renaming it as necessary.

Or you could just go to New > Brres then build the file manually.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I'm having problems with Toon Link and a new taunt I'm working on for him.
Do you all remember Young Links taunt from Melee? How he drinks the Lon Lon Milk..?

Well, using the bottle from the background of the Pirate stage, I'm trying to do the same thing, but before I make the animation, I'd like to get the bottle working.

No matter what I try, the bottle always stays at that size, and I can't change how big it is (I can rotate it though, it was rotated 90 degrees in that screen shot) turns out that it doesn't want to rotate back to normal... it's staying like that now.

Anyone have any ideas on what's up?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Anyone got any info on errors with the animation previewer? Things like "Value cannot be null", "Cannot read or write to the protected item" (or something along that line, SD card is NOT locked), and one other random error that pops up every few times I try to save, and restricts me from saving. I have to export the CHR0 and then import it when I open the animation previewer again.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Anyone got any info on errors with the animation previewer? Things like "Value cannot be null", "Cannot read or write to the protected item" (or something along that line, SD card is NOT locked), and one other random error that pops up every few times I try to save, and restricts me from saving. I have to export the CHR0 and then import it when I open the animation previewer again.
I've never gotten an error like that before... I do get random errors causing BB to crash when trying other features though.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I'm having problems with Toon Link and a new taunt I'm working on for him.
Do you all remember Young Links taunt from Melee? How he drinks the Lon Lon Milk..?

Well, using the bottle from the background of the Pirate stage, I'm trying to do the same thing, but before I make the animation, I'd like to get the bottle working.

No matter what I try, the bottle always stays at that size, and I can't change how big it is (I can rotate it though, it was rotated 90 degrees in that screen shot) turns out that it doesn't want to rotate back to normal... it's staying like that now.

Anyone have any ideas on what's up?

do you mind if I use this idea for a hack I'm making?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
@Piks

Bottle on hand = Almost looks like gun + New texture = Quote's new Gun.

amidoinitrite?

n64billy

Smash Ace
@Piks

Bottle on hand = Almost looks like gun + New texture = Quote's new Gun.

amidoinitrite?
I have no idea what you're on about.... I did have a random idea to use this method and PSA to make TLink into a mini Samus using the wooden gun from the skull tower in the Pirate level. Never going to try it though.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
I do believe you did not see this, Kryal.
I have a problem to issue, not sure on v.61 but it was on v.60 .

I try to animate backgrounds and I do fine. I save and exit Brawlbox as I would usually do, but when I open it back up again and view the animation again, it goes way faster than I usually and it stops on a very early frame than what the last frame is.

Ex- I animated the background of Lylat cruise's background, and it's fine. The Frames are 3600 in number: The Background slowly moves and rotates to the right.
It goes nicely. But when I reopen it, it spins faster and stops at a way earlier frame like, 45...

What happened? How could this be fixed?
Could this be dealt with now in the latest version or in a later one??

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, export it, then what? I can't do anything with the file.
Open it. The extension doesn't save yet but you can type in the filename and it will still work.

I fixed my other problems but I still have one little one left.

How do I export the replaced CSP MenSelchrFaceB### file as a .brres file? Every time I export it, it exports as PNG like the image I replaced it with and it doesn't display on the results screen of the game. CSPs show up on the character screen and BPs show up in game, it's just the results screen MenSelchrFaceB files I can't get to work. Mainly on how I need to convert/save them as a .brres file
The TEX files are the images, not brres packages. You can export these as either an image format or raw TEX file. If you want the whole package, export the BRES node. Or, you can make your own brres package and add a texture.

The reason why they aren't displaying is because the results screen stage has its own set of CSPs. You will need to also change them in menu\common\char_bust_tex. Just replace the existing textures with your own, just like with sc_selcharacter.

Yo, can you transfer one frame from one animation to another animation? I've been trying, to no avail. D=
Why not export the animation, and then import it to all the ones you want to change?

Please post a screen/paste of the full error message. Same problem with older version?

I have a problem to issue, not sure on v.61 but it was on v.60 .

Quote:
I try to animate backgrounds and I do fine. I save and exit Brawlbox as I would usually do, but when I open it back up again and view the animation again, it goes way faster than I usually and it stops on a very early frame than what the last frame is.

Ex- I animated the background of Lylat cruise's background, and it's fine. The Frames are 3600 in number: The Background slowly moves and rotates to the right.
It goes nicely. But when I reopen it, it spins faster and stops at a way earlier frame like, 45...
What happened? How could this be fixed?
Tell me which animation. Send files if possible.

Kryal

Smash Ace
What method do you use to create the BRSTMs? When I make a brstm with brawlbox it takes about half the time it does to convert it the standard way.
What is the standard way? BLib has its own encoder and doesn't use dsptool. Beyond that I don't know, because I've never used dsptool before.

ayojoe

Smash Rookie
I exported the brres node for Link (Misc02) and renamed it to MenSelchrFaceB020.brres, then I placed it in the correct directory (menu\common\char_bust_tex). The CSPs and BPs work fine, yet whenever the match is over the game freezes when going to the results screen. What's wrong with my MenSelchrFaceB###.brres?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm new to BrawlBox, sorry if this is the wrong place...

Where can I find out information about certain Articles? The article in mind is Peach's Article 2 which is her Turnip. I've been able view her other two articles (Parasol and Toad) and preview their animations for example absolutely fine but I can't find her actual Turnips that she plucks up anywhere in either her FitPeachPac or FitPeachMotionPac despite finding the earth that appears when she plucks them out

They aren't in the ItemCommon thingy w/e either. I thought all the articles of a character were in their FitMotionPac or FitPac

So yea, anyone know where they are and if I could view them via BrawlBox. This is linking to my attempting to find a pattern in her Down Special pulls soooo it'd be nice if I could actually find the Article she pulls up xD

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Tell me which animation. Send files if possible.
The title of the animation is starfox00space. The total number of frames it has is 3600.
My desire is to allow the background to rotate slowly and I changed the x axis on frame 3600 to -360 so that it loops. But it does not seem to do it after being reopened, even when I played the animation and it was perfect before.

Here is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dmnvlzny5mf

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I exported the brres node for Link (Misc02) and renamed it to MenSelchrFaceB020.brres, then I placed it in the correct directory (menu\common\char_bust_tex). The CSPs and BPs work fine, yet whenever the match is over the game freezes when going to the results screen. What's wrong with my MenSelchrFaceB###.brres?
First of all, that file can't be compressed. Also, make sure that the textures and palettes are named correctly.

ayojoe

Smash Rookie
First of all, that file can't be compressed. Also, make sure that the textures and palettes are named correctly.
Well how am I supposed to get the MenSelchrFaceB files to work from BrawlBox? I don't feel like converting all of my images to .TGA for stupid CUPASH. Would simply creating a new BRRES node, adding all of the needed texture files, and renaming it to MenSelchrFaceB020.brres work?

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
Anybody know how to get the file title_en.pac to work?(pf\menu\titleloop)

I edited it in brawlbox and everything and it looks fine when I preview but it wont show up in-game.
I also made sure the file size was the same and named it title_en.pac, titleen.pac, title_.pac, and title.pac with no luck on any of them. Help is appreciated in advance.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
@Mackorony - If its the title screen your trying to get work it has to be named sc_title.pac and it has to be in private/wii/app/rsbe (or rsbp for pal)/pfmenu2

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Am I mistaken or should I be able to copy and paste an entire pose? If so explain how because the copy and paste buttons under Transform All don't seem to be doing anything.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Well how am I supposed to get the MenSelchrFaceB files to work from BrawlBox? I don't feel like converting all of my images to .TGA for stupid CUPASH. Would simply creating a new BRRES node, adding all of the needed texture files, and renaming it to MenSelchrFaceB020.brres work?
Change the compression on that node to 'None' before exporting. The game will freeze if the compression is wrong. You can also open the file, change it, and save.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Am I mistaken or should I be able to copy and paste an entire pose? If so explain how because the copy and paste buttons under Transform All don't seem to be doing anything.
Copy/Paste all only work within an animation. If you change animations it won't work. If you want to copy/paste like that just export the animation and replace the ones you want changed.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but since v0.60 the frame speed input box in the bottom tab has been just a tad too narrow. It says "Speed [6 ^v]" - the 0 in 60 is cut off.

Top Bottom