• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@wilttilt: how did you get him walking on water?

If someone can hex out all of Jiggs's body parts except for the squirrel erm swirl, I would grateful, and we could possibly soon have our curly-*** Geno back in the Brawl. ^_____^
This would also be very useful for me... particularly, any non-glitchy removal of Jiggs' parts is useful. In order to create Wisp 2.0, I need a Jigglypuff with everything removed. Unfortunately my attempts at vertice removing were thwarted by a non-functional Anim8or, so I have to figure that out first...

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
@Eldiran: I used the hold Y to create a walkable plane, or something to that degree.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this was discussed in earlier pages, but im boldly asking anyways, with this new version of brawlbox, audio importing is possible in .wav format. Does that mean character sound effects can be replaced.(Without PW's newest version of the file patch code which is buggy as hell). If so how would someone go about doing this.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
no, you have to wait until it is implemented. the importer is only for MUSIC, which is a totally different file format than sound effects

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
This would also be very useful for me... particularly, any non-glitchy removal of Jiggs' parts is useful. In order to create Wisp 2.0, I need a Jigglypuff with everything removed. Unfortunately my attempts at vertice removing were thwarted by a non-functional Anim8or, so I have to figure that out first...
Why everything? Wouldn't polygon deleting be enough, or am I missing something here?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Ugh....I cannot find the trophy model for the Fusion Suit. Could someone help me? (realizes this is the wrong thread to ask, but whatever)

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
I tried getting rid of the armor, sword, sheath, belt middle part, and hair thing for marth, by hex editing the fitmarth00.pac file. The preview in brawlbox looked good, but when i tried it, the texture i used in the fitmarth00.pcs showed, but so did the parts. Would i have to edit the .pcs the same way i did the .pac?

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
Alright, i'll do that, but one other thing i did before posting here, was go to the hex editor, and copy all of the file from the . pac to the .pcs. this caused the game to freeze just by selecting marth.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, so there ARE only 2 Shadows...And who knows, maybe you guys can get Kuro to work with you too. That's of course if he's ever online long enough to talk to XD
Yes, that's a problem XD. But I'd be willing to work with everyone on a collaborative shadow project. We could all be working on his different animations, but we'll have to choose who's spike style to go with. :p

I can't do any animations for a little while though (maybe just a few days), but I can send you what I've done so far.

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
Hey, so i tried converting it to pcs, and this worked, but the problem is it gets a green screen when it loads him. I tried it in SSE and multiplayer, same results. It looks perfect in the brawl box preview though.

Is it that i must of done something wrong, and i should do it over, or does one of the parts i removed cause the game to freeze?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Good news guys! Tetra's wind problem is 50% fixed! :p

That's great news! And BSZ, the new .61 Brawlbox has a Paste all/Copy all button that applies all changes to the model to the current animation. That could possibly help with getting models done faster.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You could replicate that effect by making his swim animations look like his walking/standing animations and raising him to the surface, and perhaps upping his swim speed. Hmm...that's a good idea...
That is certainly an intriguing idea.

Why everything? Wouldn't polygon deleting be enough, or am I missing something here?
Well, by everything, I meant every polygon. I need him effectively invisible, but I also need to keep his bones as-is.

You'd think polygon deleting would work... but deleting all of Jiggly's polygons causes severe graphical glitching. I've turned to attempting to remove the polygons by modifying vertices.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Yes, that's a problem XD. But I'd be willing to work with everyone on a collaborative shadow project. We could all be working on his different animations, but we'll have to choose who's spike style to go with. :p

I can't do any animations for a little while though (maybe just a few days), but I can send you what I've done so far.
Thank you for the help you bring, whenever you will.

I hope to enjoy this Shadow Team.
(Lol: The Sonic Team vs. the Shadow Team. xD)

On an extra note: I believe I should open up a chat room dedicated to the Shadow Project.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Nice. Great job. Just one question, what are RWSD/RBNK/RSEQ files?
Okay, I didn't quite explain this one too well. There are other files embedded inside the big brsar, and THESE actually contain the sounds. The brsar format is more of a wrapper for the audio file/packs and loading groups.

Open up the brsar and select the root node. On the utility panel you'll see a list of files. Right-click -> Export. The RWSD entries contain the sound effects, which you can open up and listen to. This isn't finished by the way!

Kryal

Smash Ace
Yay for BRSTM support! But the program seems unstable. I keep getting an error message whenever I try to move the cursor to any point in the song. Other than that, it works like a charm! Also, it solved that volume issue I've been having with a few songs lately and checking to see if the loops are correct is LOADS easier now!
Please post a screen/paste of the full error message.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I've been messing around with BBox and hex recently, and it appears that when I attempted to copy Pika's bones over to Dedede, it wouldn't work properly in Brawl Box. I'm guessing this is because Dedede has a larger amount of bones, right?

Also, I'm still having issues with previewing certain models. Dedede still looks like an inflated balloon, and when trying to view Aryll's or Tetra's model it loads texture shadingB incorrectly. I'm willing to bet this is a problem on my side, because when I talked to BigSharkZ over MSN he said he had no problems with BB.
Un-check the polygon for Dedede's jump/float and it will be hidden from view.

Same goes for shading textures.

ayojoe

Smash Rookie
I fixed my other problems but I still have one little one left.

How do I export the replaced CSP MenSelchrFaceB### file as a .brres file? Every time I export it, it exports as PNG like the image I replaced it with and it doesn't display on the results screen of the game. CSPs show up on the character screen and BPs show up in game, it's just the results screen MenSelchrFaceB files I can't get to work. Mainly on how I need to convert/save them as a .brres file

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Thank you for the help you bring, whenever you will.

I hope to enjoy this Shadow Team.
(Lol: The Sonic Team vs. the Shadow Team. xD)

On an extra note: I believe I should open up a chat room dedicated to the Shadow Project.
Sweet! Everybody's working together now! :D

And a chat room would be pretty cool, where at though? o.o

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay, I didn't quite explain this one too well. There are other files embedded inside the big brsar, and THESE actually contain the sounds. The brsar format is more of a wrapper for the audio file/packs and loading groups.

Open up the brsar and select the root node. On the utility panel you'll see a list of files. Right-click -> Export. The RWSD entries contain the sound effects, which you can open up and listen to. This isn't finished by the way!
Okay, export it, then what? I can't do anything with the file.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Yo, can you transfer one frame from one animation to another animation? I've been trying, to no avail. D=

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Yo, can you transfer one frame from one animation to another animation? I've been trying, to no avail. D=
If I understand you correctly, you should be able to just hit the copy button in the frame you want, then the paste button when you get to the one you're transferring it to. However, with that method you have to go bone-by-bone. Or did you mean something else entirely?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If I understand you correctly, you should be able to just hit the copy button in the frame you want, then the paste button when you get to the one you're transferring it to. Or did you mean something else entirely?
He meant taking a frame from one animation, going to a different animation, and inserting the frame there, and no, I don't think you can :<

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
He meant taking a frame from one animation, going to a different animation, and inserting the frame there, and no, I don't think you can :<
Well, that method should achieve the desired effect (I think); it just takes a while depending on how many bones you have to change. I also don't think there's a way to transfer the whole frame at once.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! Everybody's working together now! :D

And a chat room would be pretty cool, where at though? o.o
Well, I would like to put it in my weblog: PowerNation. I know it is possible, considering I will use the same chat Brawl-'s weblog uses. But I am confused as to how to do it. I probably would just put it in it's own web url. So I will get it to you as soon as possible.

Top Bottom