• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The emerald model appears black in the model viewer. You have to view the emerald texture in-game to make it look right.

BobHop

Smash Rookie
Just out of curiosity : in the model viewer, have you tried hiding some textures or polygons, and made sure the focus wasn't on a visible element of the list ?

I'm asking because sometimes, models have additional specular maps that can appear on top of the model's actual texture (Monster Hunter 3 models appear black & white at first because of that). Besides I've noticed that when you select a texture (or polygon) in the list of the model viewer, it makes the selected element appear blue/black/dark in the 3D view ; you have to select another element (an invisible one if possible) to make it look right.

owned645

Smash Cadet
The emerald model appears black in the model viewer. You have to view the emerald texture in-game to make it look right.
Its quite the opposite. The model viewer doesn't show any black, just transparency. But in game after editing anything about the emerald model, The emerald part is completely black.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Its quite the opposite. The model viewer doesn't show any black, just transparency. But in game after editing anything about the emerald model, The emerald part is completely black.
I dunno what you're doing, then... It works fine for me.

SmashBrosFighter

Smash Rookie
@Kryal
Some features you should REALLY add in your next version of Brawl Box include:

Ability to export ALL resources from a particular subfolder within an archive (such as ALL texture pictures in a specific textures folder)

Ability to export ALL resources of a given type from a given archive (such as ALL textures only or ALL models only).

The ability to choose a particular export file format for a given resource type when doing a mass export (not just when exporting single files). For example, selecting BMP or JPG or PNG when exporting ALL textures.

The ability to import multiple files (such as pictures into textures). That is, the import dialog box should allow ctrl+click and shift+click for file selecting.

Allow parameters of file formats for exporting to be set in some kind of setting/options dialog box. For example, setting the compression amount for exporting compressed image formats JPG and PNG images.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
@Kryal
Some features you should REALLY add in your next version of Brawl Box include:

Ability to export ALL resources from a particular subfolder within an archive (such as ALL texture pictures in a specific textures folder)

Ability to export ALL resources of a given type from a given archive (such as ALL textures only or ALL models only).

The ability to choose a particular export file format for a given resource type when doing a mass export (not just when exporting single files). For example, selecting BMP or JPG or PNG when exporting ALL textures.

The ability to import multiple files (such as pictures into textures). That is, the import dialog box should allow ctrl+click and shift+click for file selecting.

Allow parameters of file formats for exporting to be set in some kind of setting/options dialog box. For example, setting the compression amount for exporting compressed image formats JPG and PNG images.
....Kryal is no longer developing BrawlBox, Bero is now and there is another thread for that.

R k v v 7

Smash Rookie
Well, about to download it, but before i do i need to know how i would het the charectors i create into my SSBB game...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I am currently having a problem with viewing the models. The preview screen pops up but i get an error (see image). My laptop runs on vista so i am making sure to run the program as admin t prevent any problems but it doesn't work. if you can please help

http://s973.photobucket.com/albums/ae217/cbennett2121/?action=view&current=error1.jpg - link to pic
Are you having that problem with all models? Also, are your graphics card's drivers up to date? And can your graphics card handle OpenGL 1.1 (it should if it's new enough to be on a Vista machine, but it's just something that's gotta be asked).

cbennett2121

Smash Rookie
Are you having that problem with all models? Also, are your graphics card's drivers up to date? And can your graphics card handle OpenGL 1.1 (it should if it's new enough to be on a Vista machine, but it's just something that's gotta be asked).
Yeah its all models. I constantly update my computer so the graphic cards should be up to date but i will check again. thanks for the advice.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Yeah its all models. I constantly update my computer so the graphic cards should be up to date but i will check again. thanks for the advice.
Windows updates won't update your graphics card drivers. Search Google for drivers for your graphics card, all you have to do is put in "*INSERT GRAPHICS CARD HERE* drivers". Replace *INSERT GRAPHICS CARD HERE* with whatever your graphics card is. For me, I'd put in ATI Radeon 5450.

cbennett2121

Smash Rookie
Windows updates won't update your graphics card drivers. Search Google for drivers for your graphics card, all you have to do is put in "*INSERT GRAPHICS CARD HERE* drivers". Replace *INSERT GRAPHICS CARD HERE* with whatever your graphics card is. For me, I'd put in ATI Radeon 5450.
When i said update i did not mean just windows update, just saying. I have already done all of the graphic card updates that i can but i will try repairing it just to make sure.

Thanks pokelover980 for the help, i found out that the driver did not install properly when i updated it last so repairing fixed the problem.

bobjrsenior

Smash Cadet
Iv'e been trying to get 2 animated models with collision moving at the same time. The only problem is when i attach any other collision object to a bone other than the first one in the list it unchecks when i exit the collision editor and doesn't work in game. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Michi

Smash Apprentice
When I go to Tools/Settings and check anything and click Apply/Okay I get an error message.

Michi

Smash Apprentice
http://img696.imageshack.us/i/fehlermeldungbb.jpg/

Hope you understand german :S
I try to explain in english:
untreated exception in the application. Click "next" to ignore the error and continue the application. Click "exit" to close the application directly.
The access to the registerkey(Idk how I can say this in english, sorry)
"HKEY......command" had been denied.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to edit Stage names in the sc_selmap.pac file, but I can't find it anywhere. Which MiscData is that in?o-o

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
where would i find this rwsd file? is it in the brsar or the iso itself......btw....i should probably mention that I'm trying to extract the voices of the koopalings from New Super Mario Bros Wii
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264305

Even though guys have an entire tutorial for replacing sounds, how come there's no way to extract sounds without Brawlbox crashing with an error? ._.

brsar_extract can extract sounds, but not stereo sounds ._.

Is there any way around this?

Granted, recording the sound with FRAPS via Dolphin and turning off the music to get only the sound effects does the job just as well, but if the sounds are played together (in other games) I don't think you can do anything besides extracting the sound from the disc. Since you guys are already deciphering the file system of the Wii for Brawl, it might as well serve the same purposes for other hacking purposes.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The only way to do it would be to fix BrawlBox....which I honestly don't want to do at the time, cuz brsar editing is something I haven't even glanced at yet.

SmashBrosFighter

Smash Rookie
Wish there was a way to batch-extract png files for textures inside different brres files.

On my computer right I have all the brres files from Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Problem is there is only one picture per brres file, so the files in my folder look like this.

0000 (1).brres
0000 (2).brres
0000 (3).brres
0000 (4).brres
... etc etc etc...

And I need to extract the pictures from ALL TWENTY FOUR! of them. This will be a loooong @$$ process if I do it one at a time in BrawlBox. Even worse is the fact that the picture file within each brres file has the same name 000.png. Using BrawlBox to extract the png files simply overwrites the previous saved png file. I don't wish to manually rename them. Instead I want a batch brres2png extractor for just such situations. Not to mention I encounter the exact SAME problem dumping the pictures of the "stickers" form SSB:Brawl. Please either add such "batch extraction of pngs from all brres files in a folder" type feature to BrawlBox, or make a separate program for this very task. Thanks in advance.

HSX

Smash Rookie
Brawlbox is really awesome, but I just have to get this off my chest, it's been bugging me...

WHY is it that ALL of the vertex points are calculated on their X Y Z offsets, the model itself can be viewed, the bones can be viewed, the animations can be played, and the UV points are set up correctly... but none of that can be edited directly in BrawlBox?! (well, animation editing can, but IIRC it's veeeery tedious...)

I mean, really, we have a model previewer that can view all the polygons, all the textures mapped pretty much perfectly onto the model, and etc, but you can't edit any of that? Seriously, I don't think it would be too hard for SOMEONE to code a GUI to simply modify the points of the verticies, UV co-ordinates, bone settings, and etc. Currently, animation editing is limited to typing in an offset or something, but it's VERY much more efficient to edit bones live via click @ drag. I think there is a possibility of even having an external program that does this without having to export and convert the model into a file type only compatible with a complicated program or two programs I have to buy with a frikload of money.

Seriously, model editing currently is only modifying what EXISTS in the model, not adding anything to it! I mean, sure, things can be imported, but even then, there shouldn't be too much a problem of having a model editor in Brawl Box.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, well, maybe I am. However, there is this awesome program called Misfit Model Editor 3D, which is free, open source, and can do a lot of things for models developed for Quake and such. It wouldn't work for editing Brawl models (>_>; ), but if someone can look at the source of Misfit and see how the model editing works, maybe he can incorporate the model editing stuff into Brawlbox and tweak it so it's made specifically for modifying what's already in the model.

Just think... If this were to happen, there'd be no more need for exporting vertex sets, patching object files, using paid-for programs, and all that other junk for simple tasks (or tasks that should BE simple).

If anyone thinks they could do what I said, please take a look at misfit, or at least something like it, and see if what I mentioned above can be done. That, or you can write your own code for a 3D model editor, which I don't know how you'd do. :p

SmashBrosFighter

Smash Rookie
You could put this into the folder of your brres and run it.
http://vuze.celes-network.de/tempfiles/bres2png.exe
Created by tpu.
Thanks. Is that the latest version of that software? If not where can I get the latest version? Also I'm aware of a program called bres4png.exe that batch converts back to brres. Did the same person make both programs? And where can I get the latest working (NOT beta) version of each?

HSX

Smash Rookie
Don't say its easy if you have no idea how to do it.
I believe I said it shouldn't be hard, but eh, I guess it's the same difference. o.o

And I said I don't know how to make your own model creation/editor/thing from SCRATCH, hence why I suggested if anything like this were to be done an open source model editor like Misfit (tbh that's the only open source one I know of) could be used as a base...

askingaquestion

Smash Rookie
I have a question, and I apologize if this has been asked before.. but...

If I've opened a character with BrawlBox, and I have it sitting in front of me, where I can rotate it etc.

Is there any way to directly export that to an image file, like, in that position? So, if I had Mario facing right in the running position, would there be any way to export that particular frame where I have him?

Because doing a screenshot and editing the background out to make it transparent.. is not fun.

Top Bottom