• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

n64billy

Smash Ace
Thanks to .dae exporting from BrawlBox, I'm able to waste my time doing things like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COcq__eXTsQ

I had to completely detach Mario's original (rigged) skeleton (Which can be seen as the little thing in the middle of the video) and replace it with a dodgy one... It's a shame I can't get the original skeleton to work.... yet....

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
so now that I guess we have a little bit of model importing...how long would it take before we can make this awesome character playable?

also I'm having trouble with BrawlBox on Windows 7...could someone fix this error?

headfirst_for_halos

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know why the textures don't look good:

They used to look very well but after I formated my computer they started looking like that

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Does anyone know why the textures don't look good:
[/QUOTE]

Some textures aren't mapped properly in brawlbox. It will turn out looking right in game.

[quote="headfirst_for_halos, post: 10457707"]They used to look very well but after I formated my computer they started looking like that[/QUOTE]

Can you explain more please?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I thought about something having to do with Polygon Swapping, and what it would take to do Polygon Swapping freely to an extent. Do we know what part of the file dictates how the textures are mapped onto the character? If we do, couldn't we make the process of Polygon Swapping simpler if it is a visible part of the file?

What I am saying is this, if we can figure out where all the components needed to do a full polygon swap are, maybe we could figure out how to freely switch them. A whole new world of texture and model hack combinations would become possible.

Two Possible examples being Fire Man and Knight Man from the Mega Man Classic series.

BobHop

Smash Rookie
what part of the file dictates how the textures are mapped onto the character
That would be the UV coordinates and if I'm correct, BrawlBox knows exactly where they are ("UV points" entry). So I don't know what's possible or not in BrawlBox as of now, but swapping UV coordinates shouldn't be a problem ; in fact UVs are basically embedded in a model's polygons, so they should swap automatically if you poly-swap. :p

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Could anyone tell me how to/where to swap stage Backgrounds? Tying how on my own I know I'm doing something wrong.

I've been wanting to know for such a long time v__v

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
That would be the UV coordinates and if I'm correct, BrawlBox knows exactly where they are ("UV points" entry). So I don't know what's possible or not in BrawlBox as of now, but swapping UV coordinates shouldn't be a problem ; in fact UVs are basically embedded in a model's polygons, so they should swap automatically if you poly-swap. :p
Well then, I might try putting Links forearm on Ganon's arm, but then there is the problem with the textures.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to release BrawlLib with srt0 entry import function in a day or two.

ds22

Smash Lord
Bero, is it maybe possible to enable bones to be dragged around in the model previewer?
It should make creating animations easier, instead of editing the numbers each time.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
It must be possible but to do that, I have to study OpenGL to understand Kryal's model previwing codes.

BobHop

Smash Rookie
Well then, I might try putting Links forearm on Ganon's arm, but then there is the problem with the textures.
Yup. Your best bet is probably to try and copy-paste Link's forearm's texture into Ganon's arm's texture. There's a good chance they won't match (different size / shape / layout in the global texture of each character) so I guess you'll have to do the scaling / rotating / placing / warping by hand. :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
How do you make certain uneditable values editable???
I found the vertex point values and want to edit those.
A pic to elaborate.

I tried using both the KC method and MK64's methods and they have a history of royally effing up vetices for stage parts.

It may not be pretty but It'll save me alot of time, error, trial, and error.

Also, the name of the folder should tell you what stage I'm making.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I found that I had made a big mistake...
I will take much more time to solve that. Sorry.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
No problem. Hyped that you're continuing Kryal's work. Getting support for some of these file types would be amazing.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Kryal, I do respect you.
At first, I tried to make everything to import srt0, but when I made a big mistake, I decided to read more codes. And I found that Kryal has already made system and the amount of codes that I had to add was very little.

Anyway, I completed srt0entry importing function. I will release it later( there may be some bugs ,though).

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
I need help!

I succesfully converted a wav song to brstm, now what?
- Where to place it?
- What name should it have? I know the name depend on what song I want to replace, but still dont know any names

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I need help!

I succesfully converted a wav song to brstm, now what?
- Where to place it?
- What name should it have? I know the name depend on what song I want to replace, but still dont know any names
1. Doesn't matter where you place it.
2. Name what you want. You can change it to its proper song for Brawl-usage.

@Vuze
RTB knows MDL0 coding, so it takes a while to port models from TF2 (example in pic)

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
1. Doesn't matter where you place it.
2. Name what you want. You can change it to its proper song for Brawl-usage.
1.As long as it is in the SD?
2.I didnt understand this. If I can name it whatever I want, then how is the game going to recognize the brstm file?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Kryal, I do respect you.
At first, I tried to make everything to import srt0, but when I made a big mistake, I decided to read more codes. And I found that Kryal has already made system and the amount of codes that I had to add was very little.

Anyway, I completed srt0entry importing function. I will release it later( there may be some bugs ,though).
good to here but what might be the bugs though or do you not know?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
When changing bone transforms, you need to update the bone flags. This is also why models that have been scaled may not show up as such in-game. The flags for the old bone were 799 (0x31F). This needs to be changed to 792 (0x318). I don't think many people know this, and it's something that will eventually be part of the editor. Here are the flags in case you need to edit the bind pose:

NoTransform = 0x0001,
FixedTranslation = 0x0002,
FixedRotation = 0x0004,
FixedScale = 0x0008,
Unk1 = 0x0010,
Unk2 = 0x0100,
HasGeometry = 0x0200
sorry for the double post but would somebody explain this to me i think this is why snow models don't scale or translate in-game when you try to change the positions

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
sorry for the double post but would somebody explain this to me i think this is why snow models don't scale or translate in-game when you try to change the positions
Think about it in binary. Each bit toggles a certain flag for the bones.

0000 0000 0001 = NoTransform
0000 0000 0010 = FixedTranslation
0000 0000 0100 = FixedRotation
0000 0000 1000 = FixedScale
0000 0001 0000 = Unknown1
0001 0000 0000 = Unknown2
0010 0000 0000 = HasGeometry

That might make it a bit easier to calculate values. The two bones for the snow are as follows:

0011 0001 1111 (gr2_EffSnow2)
0011 0001 0100 (EffSnowA02)

The first one has NoTransform, FixedTranslation, FixedRotation and FixedScale, which is probably why it can't be moved. You'll have to use a hex editor to change the bone flags from 799 (or 31F in hex) to 784 (or 310 in hex). That might make it so that the snow can be moved.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
you just made that so much easier thank you also can you explain what kryal was saying about changing the flag to 792 i don't get that part
If the flags are changed to 792 as opposed to 799, that means that the binary is as follows:

0011 0001 1000

Which means that HasGeometry, Unknown2, Unknown1, and FixedScale are on (from left to right). I haven't testes it for myself, but if NoTransform is on, I think it doesn't move on the screen. FixedTranslation might make it so that it can't be moved, FixedRotation might make things unable to rotate, and FixedScale might make it so that you can't make it any larger/smaller.

Here's every byte set that's used for bones (4 bytes each):

0x00 - Header Length (Usually 00D0)
0x04 - MDL0 Offset
0x08 - String Offset
0x0C - Bone Index
0x10 - Node ID
0x14 - Flags
0x18 - Pad 1
0x1C - Pad 2
0x20 - Scale X
0x24 - Scale Y
0x28 - Scale Z
0x2C - Rotation X
0x30 - Rotation Y
0x34 - Rotation Z
0x38 - Translation X
0x3C - Translation Y
0x40 - Translation Z
0x44 - Box Min. X
0x48 - Box Min. Y
0x4C - Box Min. Z
0x50 - Box Max. X
0x54 - Box Max. Y
0x58 - Box Max. Z
0x5C - Parent Offset
0x60 - First Child Offset
0x64 - Next Offset
0x68 - Previous Offset
0x6C - Bone Strings/Properties Offset
0x70 - FrameMatrix Set 1 Float 1
0x74 - FrameMatrix Set 2 Float 1
0x78 - FrameMatrix Set 3 Float 1
0x7C - FrameMatrix Set 4 Float 1
0x80 - FrameMatrix Set 1 Float 2
0x84 - FrameMatrix Set 2 Float 2
0x88 - FrameMatrix Set 3 Float 2
0x8C - FrameMatrix Set 4 Float 2
0x90 - FrameMatrix Set 1 Float 3
0x94 - FrameMatrix Set 2 Float 3
0x98 - FrameMatrix Set 3 Float 3
0x9C - FrameMatrix Set 4 Float 3
0xA0 - InverseBindMatrix Set 1 Float 1
0xA4 - InverseBindMatrix Set 2 Float 1
0xA8 - InverseBindMatrix Set 3 Float 1
0xAC - InverseBindMatrix Set 4 Float 1
0xB0 - InverseBindMatrix Set 1 Float 2
0xB4 - InverseBindMatrix Set 2 Float 2
0xB8 - InverseBindMatrix Set 3 Float 2
0xBC - InverseBindMatrix Set 4 Float 2
0xC0 - InverseBindMatrix Set 1 Float 3
0xC4 - InverseBindMatrix Set 2 Float 3
0xC8 - InverseBindMatrix Set 3 Float 3
0xCC - InverseBindMatrix Set 4 Float 3

So, 0x14 bytes in to the bone's header (which is 20 in decimal) will be 031F, which is where the bone flags are. Changing that to either 318 or 310 might fix the snow not being able to move.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
@RTB i get what you're saying and i don't at the same time that's actually pretty complex :confused:
kinda hard to get your mind around when you're brain dead i'll try this out tomorrow when i have a clear head

Can you PLEASE get this to work on a mac? All of my family's computers are macs.
i think somebody got it to work for mac not sure

Bero

Smash Journeyman
BrawlBox Modset1
http://brawldev.googlecode.com/files/BrawlBox Modset.zip

Change Log
1 Export All for chr0s
2 When you press up key on animation input box, value will increase 0.1, and the model will immediately reflects your input. Also, when you press up key+shift key, value will increase 1.0.
3 Export/Import srt0 entries. Import menu will appear when you right click on srt0 node.
4 All data in Scene node is editable now.

There may be some bugs because there are some unknown values in srt0 node.
I won't be able to do anything if there are bugs because I don't know how to edit them.

By the way, exporting/importing srt0 entries gave me a lot of knowledge about BrawlLib and Object Oriented Programming. I want to try many things from now( I want to analyze AI first.)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Awesome! I'll have to try it out tomorrow or something. Thanks again for continuing to work on this.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@Dark Horse
I think KCMM.

Well, I will release BrawlLib disabled its srt0 importing later because that function may affect other function.

EDIT
srt0 importing function seems not to affect other function. So, I decided not to disable that function. If there are problems, please tell me.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
BrawlBox Modset1
http://brawldev.googlecode.com/files/BrawlBox Modset.zip

Change Log
1 Export All for chr0s
2 When you press up key on animation input box, value will increase 0.1, and the model will immediately reflects your input. Also, when you press up key+shift key, value will increase 1.0.
3 Export/Import srt0 entries. Import menu will appear when you right click on srt0 node.
4 All data in Scene node is editable now.

There may be some bugs because there are some unknown values in srt0 node.
I won't be able to do anything if there are bugs because I don't know how to edit them.

By the way, exporting/importing srt0 entries gave me a lot of knowledge about BrawlLib and Object Oriented Programming. I want to try many things from now( I want to analyze AI first.)
*download*
Thank you!
Now to test this baby out!

Top Bottom