• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

GadgetTR

Smash Apprentice
Expect a release within the next few days.

Are you going to have it where, during conversion, it automatically puts a small amount of silence onto the beginning of the song (shifting the loop point and such of course) to make sure that the loop point is divisible by 14336? You should, since songs will never loop correctly if it isn't, and the amount of silence that gets added is never more than like, 1/10th of a second. I hate having to do it manually.

Pretty please? =D
It's the only reason I would use this instead of the other BRSTM converters floating around.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I am quite sure that this question has been answered numerous times by now, but I am still going to ask. How do I get an edited animation/moveset that I have made and be able to use it in brawl?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Does this mean that we will finally have a perfect Roy w/ proper sfx? 10hype.
If so, could someone who is able to PLEASE take snapshots of the pack I made that has his CSPs, actual name in his CSP and for the battle portraits? These ******** people keep using the textures without properly replacing everything even though they wan to replace Marth in the game. Even though it's all laid out for them.

It's like they're blind or something, which is coming from a man who wears glasses with the wrong prescription. >_>

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I am quite sure that this question has been answered numerous times by now, but I am still going to ask. How do I get an edited animation/moveset that I have made and be able to use it in brawl?
Assuming you have homebrew and Brawl+, you will need this folder structure:
SD Card Root\private\wii\app\RSBE (or RSBP if you are European/Australian)\pf\fighter

Once you have that, you will have to create a folder for each character, but some characters have different names than you might think, like Bowser's folder is called koopa, you you'll have to find a list of their correct names. Then just place the files inside the correct folder, launch Brawl+ and have fun with your characters.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Thanks. I was pretty sure that was what I had to do. I have another nooby question. I know that for the animation/movesets there is no save as. I am quite sure that I will have to save over another file. What file/file type should I save it over? Do I have to name it Fit*insertnamehere* or does it need to be Fit*insertnamehere*01-06?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
With this would it be possible to switch around the ending of a game where it says "GAME!" to the Japanese one, "Game Set!"? And if so could someone explain, thank you.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
^ THIS!

If it does both, then BrawlBox will pretty much become THE tool for Brawl hacks. There will be nothing else we need to use except it. I LIKE that idea! :3

Kryal

Smash Ace
Are you going to have it where, during conversion, it automatically puts a small amount of silence onto the beginning of the song (shifting the loop point and such of course) to make sure that the loop point is divisible by 14336? You should, since songs will never loop correctly if it isn't, and the amount of silence that gets added is never more than like, 1/10th of a second. I hate having to do it manually.

Pretty please? =D
It's the only reason I would use this instead of the other BRSTM converters floating around.
Nice suggestion! Wouldn't take much to put that in.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Okay, new to hacking, just downloaded Brawlbox. What do I do first?

I'm aiming to(eventually) make a Krystal PSA. I was thinking of replacing ZSS.

So, Do I need to like, get the character files from somewhere? If so, where?

Can Brawlbox make Textures, btw?

I'm so confused right now.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Hm, I just remembered, weren't there people trying to make the bosses playable? What ever happened to that?

I just tried Ridley over Mario, and I added a bunch of animations from Ridley and Meta Ridley, and it works fine until I land from a jump, or duck. Did they ever successfully get these to work?

Also, amazing work Kryal, I can't wait to try out the new features.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

1, PSA has a seperate program called Project Smash Attacks. Search for it.
2, you could either get the character files from either your ISO or here. That has all the Brawl files ripped from the disc.
3, Yes, Brawl Box CAN make textures.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

ok, what brawl box is to you is a way to change the character model, in this case adding ears/a snout (possibly staff) to ZSS. you will want PSA to actually make the new moveset.

and i'm not 100% on this, but i don't think it can make textures, but i don't know enough about the program to tell you for sure.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Expect a release within the next few days.

With other BRSTM makers, whenever I put in a victory theme(happens with any type of song but it's most noticeable in this case), there's always a slight delay for when the music plays, even when there's no silence at the beginning. Not that big of a deal, but will this prevent any delay, or does the problem have something to do with my SD card?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
So, if I wanted to edit ZSS's Model to add the snout, ears, and tail(taken from Fox), How would I do that in BrawlBox? I can't find a good guide on how to.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Why in the freakin' world would you want a small silence in the beginning of the song? It serves no purpose whatsoever! O_o' I can loop songs just fine without it, why can't you? XD

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
...Why in the freakin' world would you want a small silence in the beginning of the song? It serves no purpose whatsoever! O_o' I can loop songs just fine without it, why can't you? XD
There are some songs that aren't made for looping that has a perfect loop point either JUST after or JUST before a multiple of 14336, so you either have to add a tiny bit of silence or cut the very beginning off of the song to make the loop point match to a multiple. It happens.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There are some songs that aren't made for looping that has a perfect loop point either JUST after or JUST before a multiple of 14336, so you either have to add a tiny bit of silence or cut the very beginning off of the song to make the loop point match to a multiple. It happens.
Never happens to me. Granted I manually choose my loop points. ¦D

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Never happens to me. Granted I manually choose my loop points. ¦D
Then you either make songs made for looping or you get INCREDIBLY lucky. About 1/2 of the songs I've hacked into Brawl needed some tweaking to loop properly. And really, why would you expect EVERY song, whether or not it is made to loop, to just HAPPEN to have a perfect loop point that is a perfect multiple of 14336 samples at a rate of 32000?

That's just silly.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Feature idea for the the Model previwer: Hitbox preview. You would basically have a checkbox in the top options to show the hitbox, and input options for the size, bone #, and X Y and Z offsets. Sound possible Kryal?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Then you either make songs made for looping or you get INCREDIBLY lucky. About 1/2 of the songs I've hacked into Brawl needed some tweaking to loop properly. And really, why would you expect EVERY song, whether or not it is made to loop, to just HAPPEN to have a perfect loop point that is a perfect multiple of 14336 samples at a rate of 32000?

That's just silly.
...Who said that I did? I never even worry about that small detail. I just make the thing. XD

Top Bottom