• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

-ZoZo-

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've got a big problem.

I want inject model from other game and I watch the tuto on youtube.
But, (part 1) when I finish to change in the hex, I went to "Save as" and a brres file.
When I open this file with BrawlBox, it work.
But when I want to open or export de model, I've got a crash.
I'm french, so that's the message in french :

In english with the traductor it's that :
"An unhandled exception occurred in your application. if you click continue [...] stop immediately.
The index was off-limits. It must not be negative and must be less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index"

Please help me, I can't continue...

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace

"An unhandled exception occurred in your application. if you click continue [...] stop immediately.
The index was off-limits. It must not be negative and must be less than the size of the collection.

What game? Some games use an MDL0 that is too new.

-ZoZo-

Smash Rookie
The game is the same at the tutorial on video, Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
I do all the same like him but me, I must Preview first to open the model and see material and others...

So, when I export this model to "X" for example, and after, I want open this X file with BrawlBox, it crash...
So I can't continue

I use the BrawlBox v0.63d

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
When I try to view models in brawlbox on a different computer it gives me this error...

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.wGL.glClear(GLClearMask mask)
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.wGlContext.glClear(GLClearMask mask)
at System.Windows.Forms.ModelPanel.OnRender()
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The computer has the microsoft framework installed. I don't know what gives...

Kryal

Smash Ace
So when I tried to save my Flygon textures in the Flygon pac I was sent, this appears:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

And when I try to view the model or the texture in question, this shows up:

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at BrawlLib.SSBBTypes.TEX0.get_PixelFormat()
at BrawlLib.Wii.Textures.TextureConverter.Decode(TEX0* texture, Int32 mipLevel)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.TEX0Node.GetImage(Int32 index)
at BrawlBox.MainForm.resourceTree_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.set_SelectedNode(TreeNode value)
at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

However, it allows me to save the texture in a seperate Brres pac just fine.
If you're able to send the broken file, please do.

Hello

I don't know if this question has beem posted yet, or if it has an answer.

I'm Trying to use the Chimera model on Blender. So i extract it, and it's textures.

I use the ml0d converter, make it a DAE file, and import it to blender... but, it has a small problem.

the model is completely screwed up. there are some body parts that I cant tell what they were ever supposed to be.

I think I know the answer, but not how to fix it: the bones. how would I go about keeping the bones with the model, so as to keep the model intact? I did the same thing with the New Pork stage, and all the objects associated with bones went to the center of the map.

So is there anyway to keep th ebones with the model, to work with blender?
What MDL0 converter are you using? Because BBox doesn't have a working exporter yet.

Why no rwav and Multi channel BRSTM Encoder :(:confused:
There is. File -> New -> BRSTM Audio Stream.

I want inject model from other game and I watch the tuto on youtube.
But, (part 1) when I finish to change in the hex, I went to "Save as" and a brres file.
When I open this file with BrawlBox, it work.
But when I want to open or export de model, I've got a crash.
I'm french, so that's the message in french :

Model files from other games are not supported.

When I try to view models in brawlbox on a different computer it gives me this error...

at BrawlLib.OpenGL.wGL.glClear(GLClearMask mask)
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.wGlContext.glClear(GLClearMask mask)
at System.Windows.Forms.ModelPanel.OnRender()
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)

The computer has the microsoft framework installed. I don't know what gives...
Update your video drivers from the manufacturer. Windows usually doesn't come with proper OpenGL drivers.

Progress has been slow, I know. I haven't given up yet though.

-ZoZo-

Smash Rookie
Thx for your post Kryal, but it's not a model from an other game =D.
I change hex of brres from TvC, after this I save, and I open this file, and in this file I can find a model.
In the video, it work x)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
What he means is that brawlbox isn't made to support models that are not from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. You may want to head over to the Customized Content subforum and look at the topic, "MDL0 files from other games". They might be able to help you out over there.

And we're all rooting for you Kryal! ;_;

Kryal

Smash Ace
Agreed. Even though things are getting slow in this topic, it's because we're getting all of our awesome models ready!

Good luck, Kryal.
Thanks guys! The back-end is pretty much done, and I'm going to try exporting a full model tonight, skins and all.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Ok so about the model thingy. Well, importing a model is amazing, but can we control whether the new model has changes to it? For example, a blinking animation?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Ok so about the model thingy. Well, importing a model is amazing, but can we control whether the new model has changes to it? For example, a blinking animation?
That sort of thing can be done with VIS files, as well as the action script. Models cannot do that by themselves.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Kryal, I have a request to fix this problem:

I replace 2 of the platforms of BattleField with the main island (floating rock). I know it is there because in the collision editor I can see 3 floating rocks (islands). I tested in-game and I only have 1, the one I did not touch or replace. It would seem I could still walk on the other 2 islands even though they are not there via collisions. I did not scale any whatsoever, so this must be another issue.

FILE

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, I've got a very simple request.

Can the floor actually show where the model clips through? It's really hard to judge as it is.
Oh! I see what you mean. I fixed it, but in the meantime you can reset the camera and zoom out.

I replace 2 of the platforms of BattleField with the main island (floating rock). I know it is there because in the collision editor I can see 3 floating rocks (islands). I tested in-game and I only have 1, the one I did not touch or replace. It would seem I could still walk on the other 2 islands even though they are not there via collisions. I did not scale any whatsoever, so this must be another issue.

FILE
I'll look at it.

Alright, so after more DAE struggling I got everything to export into one file. The texture coordinates and normals are off, but at least everything is there, and the skins work. Things aren't looking good for blender users though, because the current DAE plugin is terrible and doesn't work with skins. Maya and Max users should be fine.

Kryal

Smash Ace
So, Brawlbox can not re-import yet, can it?

Looking good so far though!
Not yet. The hard part is getting the file format to do what you want. Collada isn't very straight-forward, and without clear-cut examples it's a pain figuring out where everything goes. Since that's basically out of the way I can start the import process and go from there.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Could u add a multiple model previewer? Like adding more than one model in the previewer and animation editor/previewer? That would help with many Stage hacks as it would tell where things are place like where the karts go in the mairo kart stage.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Amazing work once again, Kryal. I'll wait patiently until the release.

May I suggest a few things for an up-coming version, though? They aren't really big (I hope), and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Well, first, could you make it so you could copy only the translation or the rotation of a frame to another? This would really help for some of my animations. Also, could you make it so when you import a picture, it automaticly renames it instead of NewNode01? Such as importing TestWii.png, the file in Brawl Box would be TestWii, and not NewNoad01. To make it even better, could you also fix this "Import All" function? Export All seems to work, but not the other way around. This would also save a lot of time for many users when importing stages with many textures.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
yeah, Bigsharkz's right some days ago i had to import more than 20 textures and rename 'em!
Anyway good luck with the injector

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The brstm maker isn't working for me. My WAV files play fine elsewhere, but when I put em into a new brstm and save it, its like 4kb or so with no sound

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I don't know what your problem is, as I made brstm files with the newest version just fine.

What is odd is the effect of some animations.

Aparrently have key frames the same number in the translation tab 1000 frames apart means that I want the object to spazz out until the next key frame. Strange. Thankfully, I have 0.60b to fall back on.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I got it working, I tried converting my original wma file to a wav with a different program and it worked this time. The first wav I used must have has some specifications not compatible with BBox

Kryal

Smash Ace
Amazing work once again, Kryal. I'll wait patiently until the release.

May I suggest a few things for an up-coming version, though? They aren't really big (I hope), and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Well, first, could you make it so you could copy only the translation or the rotation of a frame to another? This would really help for some of my animations. Also, could you make it so when you import a picture, it automaticly renames it instead of NewNode01? Such as importing TestWii.png, the file in Brawl Box would be TestWii, and not NewNoad01. To make it even better, could you also fix this "Import All" function? Export All seems to work, but not the other way around. This would also save a lot of time for many users when importing stages with many textures.
Yes, the animation editor needs work. There will be two different editors when the GUI is remade, which will have more advanced features. The texture importer has already been adjusted to name items properly.

The brstm maker isn't working for me. My WAV files play fine elsewhere, but when I put em into a new brstm and save it, its like 4kb or so with no sound
When you're done importing, make sure you can play the audio back. Use Save-As and save it to BRSTM.

I don't know what your problem is, as I made brstm files with the newest version just fine.

What is odd is the effect of some animations.

Aparrently have key frames the same number in the translation tab 1000 frames apart means that I want the object to spazz out until the next key frame. Strange. Thankfully, I have 0.60b to fall back on.
That's because of interpolation. If you want linear movement, you need to put two keyframes side-by-side with the same value. The animation path is like a curve that passes though two points (keyframes). The ONLY linear form is for rotation, which involves making every frame keyed.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Sorry about not responding to your response to my issue, I figured it out. I think it has something to do with the model that was in the brres pack, which wasn't an issue once I made a brres pack from scratch and used it to import my textures.

Anyways, I am patiently awaiting the model rebuilder. Keep up the great work! :D

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
is there an older version? recently with 0.63d i've been trying to save and i keep getting "The given key was not present in the dictionary"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Kryal

Smash Ace
is there an older version? recently with 0.63d i've been trying to save and i keep getting "The given key was not present in the dictionary"
What sort of changes/files are you working with? I have a general idea of what COULD be wrong, but don't know where at. Maybe I can try re-creating the problem if you give me a file name.

I've been using BrawlBox v0.63b, which operates fine on my end. However, it does have a glitch for when you modify CLR0 data; need to use a hex editor to modify the color values.

http://brawltools.googlecode.com/files/BrawlBox v0.63b.zip
If you want it fixed you need to submit a bug report. If you're using an old version some things won't work, like the CLR problem that's been fixed. Also, I might add, you never fully reported that problem either. Not everyone is able to use a hex editor, and by not reporting a bug you perpetuate the problem for everyone else.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
What sort of changes/files are you working with? I have a general idea of what COULD be wrong, but don't know where at. Maybe I can try re-creating the problem if you give me a file name.
i was swapping an animation on an edited green hill zone. i was replacing the brk_01,02,03 animations with StgGreenHillMain_Loop.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
im not sure if this is BBox's fault or not, but my animations are acting weird. i finally managed to get the running animation made, but after editing some other animations, the running went back as if i never edited it (T-Pose) while the animation works just fine in BBox.

Kryal

Smash Ace

FILE
When changing bone transforms, you need to update the bone flags. This is also why models that have been scaled may not show up as such in-game. The flags for the old bone were 799 (0x31F). This needs to be changed to 792 (0x318). I don't think many people know this, and it's something that will eventually be part of the editor. Here are the flags in case you need to edit the bind pose:

NoTransform = 0x0001,
FixedTranslation = 0x0002,
FixedRotation = 0x0004,
FixedScale = 0x0008,
Unk1 = 0x0010,
Unk2 = 0x0100,
HasGeometry = 0x0200

Collision tips:

When wrapping a model with collision data, try to use a single object. For instance, you want four collision objects for this stage. One for each of the three levels, and one for the drop-through platform.

Connect your points to form a single chain. Use the Merge button to combine points. Use the square bracket keys [ ] to navigate from one plane to another. The planes will order themselves automatically when you change the type. In the end, you should be able to traverse each enclosed object in a complete loop using the [ ] keys.

Here's the new file. I've fixed one of the platforms for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zlmvmmyzdtm

Kryal

Smash Ace
i was swapping an animation on an edited green hill zone. i was replacing the brk_01,02,03 animations with StgGreenHillMain_Loop.
Hmm, I just replaced those three animations and didn't run into any problems. If it's an edited file there could be something else going on. Send it if you can.

im not sure if this is BBox's fault or not, but my animations are acting weird. i finally managed to get the running animation made, but after editing some other animations, the running went back as if i never edited it (T-Pose) while the animation works just fine in BBox.
Are you saying the changes aren't showing up in-game, or they aren't being saved at all? If you can re-open the file and view your animation as expected, it might be that the file isn't being loaded into the game.

If your problem is with uneven animations, make sure you're using the latest version.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I just replaced those three animations and didn't run into any problems. If it's an edited file there could be something else going on. Send it if you can.

Are you saying the changes aren't showing up in-game, or they aren't being saved at all? If you can re-open the file and view your animation as expected, it might be that the file isn't being loaded into the game.

If your problem is with uneven animations, make sure you're using the latest version.
i think i found out wat the problem was. for some reason, it seems the running animation won't change unless the walking animations were changed the same way. its as if they're "tied" together.

also, a suggestion for upcoming releases of BBox, could it be made easier to edit hurtboxes? as i go along with editing my animations, it messes with the hurtboxes a lot, and its getting annoying, and i don't know how to fully control them

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
+1 on the hurtboxes.

I'm going to make my PSA(Missingno.) a little taller than Bowser but when I resize it I don't want the hurtbox going all crazy on me.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
When changing bone transforms, you need to update the bone flags. This is also why models that have been scaled may not show up as such in-game. The flags for the old bone were 799 (0x31F). This needs to be changed to 792 (0x318). I don't think many people know this, and it's something that will eventually be part of the editor. Here are the flags in case you need to edit the bind pose:

NoTransform = 0x0001,
FixedTranslation = 0x0002,
FixedRotation = 0x0004,
FixedScale = 0x0008,
Unk1 = 0x0010,
Unk2 = 0x0100,
HasGeometry = 0x0200
That would be located in a hex editor, correct? I never knew that. So this is also a answer to my scaling problem. Thanks.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hex editor, yes. Export the model and search for the bone using its mdl offset (make sure you set the hex editor for big endian mode). Make the changes, save, re-import.

Hit/hurt boxes haven't really been touched yet. When i start doing action scripts and change the animation editor, there should be a way to automatically fix them.

Top Bottom