• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Sorry, it's not happening tonight. I've spent most of my time the last few days struggling with the collada exporter, only to find that I need to refine the internal model format some more. I AM able to get rigid models into Maya (bones and all) without any trouble, it's just a question of putting them back in.
So, wait, does the current version get a built model (semi)working in-game, or is it completely broken?

I also take it the bones there are proper bones and not just helper objects like what Pharroxes extractor did, and it doesn't have the broken normals(And screwed up mesh in general) issue that Pharroxes had as well?

Kryal

Smash Ace
He did say PROBABLY.

So, wait, does the current version get a built model (semi)working in-game, or is it completely broken?

I also take it the bones there are proper bones and not just helper objects like what Pharroxes extractor did, and it doesn't have the broken normals(And screwed up mesh in general) issue that Pharroxes had as well?
Not broken, there's just no easy way to import/export node weights with the current format. The rebuild works with the exception of materials and polygon data types, but those happen last. And yes, they're the original bones. Normals don't matter so much because the program re-generates those anyways. The only thing that is 'broken' is the vertex weights, which is why I need more time to re-organize the model layout. Basically, instead of having ten resource types there will only be five: Bones, Materials, Shaders, Polygons, Textures.

-Ozelot-

Smash Rookie
Awesome tool!! I love brstm Audio:)
I hope, BrawlBox support 4-8Channel brstm and rwav for Encoding.
BRSTM and RWAV hardly differ :bee:

a question, where can I find information from BrawlLib.dll for VB.NET??
I would like to use individually like the brstm encoder.

Micha

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm currently working on some ripped game models in 3DS Max (found a download in that format) and would love to get them into BrawlBox to convert into custom stages. I'm not 3D-savvy, so I can't speak so fluently in the language, but I'll install the collada plugin if need be.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Not broken, there's just no easy way to import/export node weights with the current format. The rebuild works with the exception of materials and polygon data types, but those happen last.
Are you talking about the ordering of format itself or just the order of priority? I also take it the UV maps are part of the Polygons?

I'm currently working on some ripped game models in 3DS Max (found a download in that format) and would love to get them into BrawlBox to convert into custom stages. I'm not 3D-savvy, so I can't speak so fluently in the language, but I'll install the collada plugin if need be.
You will need the Collada plugin, and for that, I recommend 3dsmax 2008 above the others. 2009 and 10's collada plugins are quite broken.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You will need the Collada plugin, and for that, I recommend 3dsmax 2008 above the others. 2009 and 10's collada plugins are quite broken.
Ahh hell. Can't seem to find a trial download for 3DS Max '08. I have 30 days left on my 2010 trial, so I need to know the proper file type to export the models as so I can load them in Maya to properly apply collada then re-export to BrawlBox. Suggestions?

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
Google for HBC and Gecko. And since you have a PAL version, the folder structure should go like this: SD Card/private/wii/app/RSBP/pf/
I've got Homebrew and Gecko OS just as u told me to, but how do I get edited characters to work on my wii? I also made the files u told me to make. I'd be glad if someone could help me:D

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I've got Homebrew and Gecko OS just as u told me to, but how do I get edited characters to work on my wii? I also made the files u told me to make. I'd be glad if someone could help me:D
Okay, I'm sorry, but you are COMPLETELY off topic. Please go herefor help. This thread is about Brawlbox.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Are you talking about the ordering of format itself or just the order of priority? I also take it the UV maps are part of the Polygons?
The way the MDL files are laid out, everything is indexed within a polygon including weights. However, a single vertex usually has one weight and normal attached to it but is referenced multiple times. In Collada and FBX, the vertices have the weights attached instead of being indexed.

So, I need to change the decoder to pull out vertex/weight pairs and faces, which changes the data layout and rendering scheme slightly. The process will also have to be reversed during encoding in order to create a tightly-packed list, as well as creating smaller primitives from the faces.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Sorry this is taking so long. I've been having to learn a lot more about vertex processing. Since technically I'm having to design a 3d engine, I want to make sure it matches up with 'standards' because I don't want to do this again.

If anyone cares to know, the system will use a fairly loose model format that favors MDL instead of the other way around. Like an intermediate texture file, the model format will be convertible between multiple standards. Here's a chart:

Code:
Model--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Polygons
                               /        \
Import/Export Layer------------------------------------------------------------
                ________Vertices        Faces____________________________
               /            |                  |          |       \      \
             XYZ    Weights(limit?)         Normals   Colors[2]  UVs[8]   |
Pre-Render---------------------------------------------------------------------
               \           /                       \      |     /         |
           Calculated Vertices   -> Copy To ->        Raw Data            |
Render-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                          |               |
                                                  Graphics Memory     Primitives
I'm still working I swear! ;)

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Sorry this is taking so long. I've been having to learn a lot more about vertex processing. Since technically I'm having to design a 3d engine, I want to make sure it matches up with 'standards' because I don't want to do this again.

If anyone cares to know, the system will use a fairly loose model format that favors MDL instead of the other way around. Like an intermediate texture file, the model format will be convertible between multiple standards. Here's a chart:

Take your time, man. We've got enough possible content to last years already, no rush.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Code:
Model--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Polygons
                               /        \
Import/Export Layer------------------------------------------------------------
                ________Vertices        Faces____________________________
               /            |                  |          |       \      \
             XYZ    Weights(limit?)         Normals   Colors[2]  UVs[8]   |
Pre-Render---------------------------------------------------------------------
               \           /                       \      |     /         |
           Calculated Vertices   -> Copy To ->        Raw Data            |
Render-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                          |               |
                                                  Graphics Memory     Primitives
I can see that!
It's too bad I can't really understand that chart.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Hmm! A chart of incomprehensible techno-jargon? Obviously this is proof of hard work! Carry on! :p
This. Continue with the hard work, and don't worry about time. We've got enough of custom content from the animation update and other updates XD

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I don't know much about 3d rendering and the related functions, but essentially we're going to reduce everything to a format that is easily rebuilt from raw data? Is there a function on 3d modeling software to do that, or will BB handle it? In any case, it's certainly more versatile than being tied to a single format.

Take as long as you need, with that much reduction of file information it's easy to mess something up. Of course, you'd always fix it within a few days if there was a mistake :p

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
I have a problem, every time I want to preview a model Brawlbox just freezes up
and I have to force quit. I have the most up to date .Net that I got off the link
you provided and my video card supports up to Open GL 1.4 I just cant figure it out.
Can you help?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Was the menu CLR0 glitching finally fixed? <3
The single-color corruption has been fixed. I haven't been able to extensively test CLR to find other bugs, but it's possible your problem has been fixed. Do a quick test on the main menu and see. I changed the Group button to green but that was it. If it doesn't work send a file.

and I have to force quit. I have the most up to date .Net that I got off the link
you provided and my video card supports up to Open GL 1.4 I just cant figure it out.
Can you help?
What OS are you using? If Vista or above try disabling Aero.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
@Kryal

any progress on what I asked ya?

*export/replace .chr0 asks you if translations should be replace*

My future project character will take to much time in the brawlbox animation editting than the PSA part... and it's not even funny to scale time to fix over 140 animations :(

hope to get a reply for this, I hope I'm not the only one wishing, needing, hoping for something like this to happen :)

Can you help?
I had the same problem over my laptop, nd I had to use other pc's to get my smash workings in progress, but I got frustrated and try to fix it on my own

so what I did was went to the videocard driver on the pc and click where it said:

- Update
- Get the latest version

and from the website I manage to download many drivers (like 3) that matched my videocard/AMD proccessor and... the results were success :):):)

I can happy jump for joy while using bbox without having someone to lend me there pc's/laptops

V1ciouzMizzAzn

Smash Rookie
i just got BrawlBox and i was wondering how i could fix the 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.pac' access error message. is there any way to access it?

GamerRob1

Smash Rookie
Im a machinima maker, I need someone who is good at making animations for Link and several other characters. You see, I make a zelda machinima! It get's almost 2000 views... I just need someone who can do these animations for me. I would do it, but i don't have enough time really. Can ANYBODY please help me out.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Im a machinima maker, I need someone who is good at making animations for Link and several other characters. You see, I make a zelda machinima! It get's almost 2000 views... I just need someone who can do these animations for me. I would do it, but i don't have enough time really. Can ANYBODY please help me out.
Do NOT post that here, create a thread.

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, wrong place to post that buddy.

You probably wouldn't even need to make a thread for that, just ask a member.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
D: How do I USE it?
Someone told me to edit Character Portaits (Even if I have a pre-deisgned one) I have to use this.
Any help?
Well, I'd recommend you put it in it's own folder. Next, you'll have to extract the .zip you downloaded. After that, just run BrawlBox.exe and open up the file for Character Portraits and navigate your way through the file until you find the textures, which you extract and edit in an image editor.

MasterLuig

Smash Rookie
Well, I'd recommend you put it in it's own folder. Next, you'll have to extract the .zip you downloaded. After that, just run BrawlBox.exe and open up the file for Character Portraits and navigate your way through the file until you find the textures, which you extract and edit in an image editor.
Okay...Thanks

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kryal,
has been a while since I last checked this thread, awesome progress you made :)

Maybe you remember me, I pm'd you hell a while back about brres with changed offsets.
Did you touch anything regarding that yet? 0,63d seems to have the same troubles as previous versions with the files...

Would be cool if you'd look into that again :)

Thx and kind regards

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So when I tried to save my Flygon textures in the Flygon pac I was sent, this appears:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key

And when I try to view the model or the texture in question, this shows up:

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at BrawlLib.SSBBTypes.TEX0.get_PixelFormat()
at BrawlLib.Wii.Textures.TextureConverter.Decode(TEX0* texture, Int32 mipLevel)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.TEX0Node.GetImage(Int32 index)
at BrawlBox.MainForm.resourceTree_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.set_SelectedNode(TreeNode value)
at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

However, it allows me to save the texture in a seperate Brres pac just fine.

HAK2

Smash Rookie
Hello

I don't know if this question has beem posted yet, or if it has an answer.

I'm Trying to use the Chimera model on Blender. So i extract it, and it's textures.

I use the ml0d converter, make it a DAE file, and import it to blender... but, it has a small problem.

the model is completely screwed up. there are some body parts that I cant tell what they were ever supposed to be.

I think I know the answer, but not how to fix it: the bones. how would I go about keeping the bones with the model, so as to keep the model intact? I did the same thing with the New Pork stage, and all the objects associated with bones went to the center of the map.

So is there anyway to keep th ebones with the model, to work with blender?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Hello

I don't know if this question has beem posted yet, or if it has an answer.

I'm Trying to use the Chimera model on Blender. So i extract it, and it's textures.

I use the ml0d converter, make it a DAE file, and import it to blender... but, it has a small problem.

the model is completely screwed up. there are some body parts that I cant tell what they were ever supposed to be.

I think I know the answer, but not how to fix it: the bones. how would I go about keeping the bones with the model, so as to keep the model intact? I did the same thing with the New Pork stage, and all the objects associated with bones went to the center of the map.

So is there anyway to keep th ebones with the model, to work with blender?
The plug-in for Blender that allows you to open .DAE models is junk, it's not really the best. You'll have to use a different program or find a way to convert it to a different format that Blender uses.

Top Bottom