• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Just downloaded BrawlBox, but all I'm interested in is changing the name of the song that appears when a match starts so it actually shows the custom song I have replaced it with.
For example, I replaced WarioWare Inc. with "Beat It", I want it to show "Michael Jackson: Beat It" when the match starts.
How do I do that?

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Just downloaded BrawlBox, but all I'm interested in is changing the name of the song that appears when a match starts so it actually shows the custom song I have replaced it with.
For example, I replaced WarioWare Inc. with "Beat It", I want it to show "Michael Jackson: Beat It" when the match starts.
How do I do that?
Open up your info.pac, click on MiscData[7], and look at the bottom right box that contains all the song names and find the name of the song you want to replace and click on it. On the empty box below it that displays that song's name, click it, then backspace and type in your song name. Then save and you're done.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
can you guys get a hack were you play more then 1 song when your fighting in a stage? or make it have 2 song in 1 brstm thing

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
It should be in your info2 folder. If it's not there then you'll have to download one from the data partition.
thanks, couple more questions:
There are a number of info.pac's inside the info2 folder, which one would have the MiscData[7]?
Also, where on my SD card should the info2 folder go?
All my songs are in a folder called strm, which is inside a folder called "sounds", which is inside my pf folder.

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
I know this question has almost definitely been brought up many times, but I just don't know anything about coding. I'm not sure if this is even the right spot to post. Anyways here is the problem

I'm trying to do a few texture hacks to characters and stages and add custom songs. I do have an SD card. I'm not quite sure where to look on the forums to figure this out. I know it's right in front of my face, but I keep getting confused by the lingo.

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: Wow I quite easily found it.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone remember how to change the type of a texture? Like, whether it is double-sided, single sided, or inviable?

Ace9797

Smash Rookie
hey um im kinda new at this brawlbox thing and i was wondering how do you change a character hair style???

N1njaX

Smash Rookie
So I was watching some WackaAlpaca vids... and I was too lazy to go all the way to my documents file and load brawlbox, so i right clicked a pac file and told it to "open with: BrawlBox" and the icon for my pac and pcs files changed from a paper looking icon with the top left corner folded to the icon when Windows doesn't know what the file is associated with...

My basic problem is that now Smashattacks can't open my pac files because it can't find attributes and all that, and Brawlbox instead of opening the character model and all that opens up weird stuff (so my question is how do i change it back or do i have to re-download all the pac/pcs files and smashattacks and brawlbox?)... Can someone help me so i can kindly go back to hacking please?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Link makes me desync! So I even deleted all the textures in his folder but I still desync online when somone chooses him for some odd reason. HELP PLZ!

ShardFenix

Smash Cadet
Bone rotation on stage models

I saw this earlier in the thread, but it wasn't solved.

I'm trying to rotate bones on a stage model (among other things). After I rotate in BrawlBox, it looks exactly like it should in the preview window. I save the pac and load it into Brawl. In Brawl, the model is transformed and scaled properly, but no rotations ever work.

Is there any way around this, other than importing other models?

Ace9797

Smash Rookie
Hey...i did the vertex editing thing with the hair, it turned out good...just one little problem...the hair is not on his head...it's in the air...how would i put the hair on his head???

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Link makes me desync! So I even deleted all the textures in his folder but I still desync online when somone chooses him for some odd reason. HELP PLZ!
Connection is spotty.
Other person is using a link texture with nopped bones.
Other person is using a link PSA that you aren't using.
Different stages.
Different codes.

It has to be one of these.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I saw this earlier in the thread, but it wasn't solved.

I'm trying to rotate bones on a stage model (among other things). After I rotate in BrawlBox, it looks exactly like it should in the preview window. I save the pac and load it into Brawl. In Brawl, the model is transformed and scaled properly, but no rotations ever work.

Is there any way around this, other than importing other models?
You applied the changes to an animation inside the modeldata correct?

does anyone know how to fix this???
[/URL][/IMG]
I'm no vertex expert but i would suggest patching until it fixes itself

Dsc

Smash Ace
im not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but i need massive and massive help.
im a 64er/meleer, not a brawler, and im very interested in project M.
I downloaded the demo, onto my sd card, i put the sd card in, i go to stage builder, nothing happens. just nothing.
HELP

Ace9797

Smash Rookie
ok i fixed my vertex problem now its just the color, in brawlbox it's black(intended color), in game it's white...how would i fix this???

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
im not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but i need massive and massive help.
im a 64er/meleer, not a brawler, and im very interested in project M.
I downloaded the demo, onto my sd card, i put the sd card in, i go to stage builder, nothing happens. just nothing.
HELP
You're trying to do the stack smash method of loading P:M right?
What are you trying to load the P:M with gecko os or riivolution?
Also what instructions are you using to set up your sd card?

ok i fixed my vertex problem now its just the color, in brawlbox it's black(intended color), in game it's white...how would i fix this???
Try re-importing the texture for the hair and change what type it is to something else

Tesh

Smash Hero
What are the best ways to edit textures?

I normally just edit each file using paint, but is there another better way?

ShardFenix

Smash Cadet
DSC: Try it again. Sometimes my stage exploit just sits there and hangs. It works almost 100% of the time, but not quite perfect.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't there a program where you can edit the texture on the 3D figure? Instead of just opening up the flat images?

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Hi there! Editing CSP files (ugh) in Brawlbox, and I find when I replace a CSP that I have already replaced with an image, Brawlbox will change the name of the CSP and the actuall image, calling it a Pallette.

Can anyone help me avoid hosing this up in the future?

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
Trying to put spiky hair from a different 3d game onto Ike's head. I've got 3dsmax and dasdonkey and brawlbox.

The hair image came as a .dae file but I've made it into a .3ds. I can select the vertex points on it in 3dsmax but the color and everything of the hair is still visible so I wonder if I'm supposed to put it in as a polygon instead of a vertex thing but I could be thinking the wrong thing entirely.

If so, what is the file type of the polygon files inside the model folder? I gotta know that so I can put the hair in the right format but on my computer it just says they're 'raw data' files. Thanks =)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Well, I have kind of a weird problem:

I asked a friend to create a song list for me for my brawl, using info.pac and info_training.pac.

I created the folder: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2 and then inside info2 is info.pac and info_training.pac. The file sizes are not exceeding the limit, but when I try to play Brawl, after the "Now Loading" screen, nothing happens, it's stuck in the blank screen.

Any ideas?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well, I have kind of a weird problem:

I asked a friend to create a song list for me for my brawl, using info.pac and info_training.pac.

I created the folder: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2 and then inside info2 is info.pac and info_training.pac. The file sizes are not exceeding the limit, but when I try to play Brawl, after the "Now Loading" screen, nothing happens, it's stuck in the blank screen.

Any ideas?
Other files may be exceeding their limits (and what does info_training have to do with song names?).

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Other files may be exceeding their limits (and what does info_training have to do with song names?).
standardtoaster said it worked for him when he tested the same files out with his Wii, so I'm kind of confused as to what my problem is. :(

MechaWave

Smash Champion
1) I have all the essential codes: File Replacement 2.5.1, Stage Expansion 2.0, and Maxed SSS. I got the tutorial MiscData80 file which already has the PAT0 placement for adding icons done, so all I had to do was replace everything. Well I did and yet none of my custom icons appear. Why?

2) I did the 38 A5 00 00 38 80 00 XX thing and replaced XX with 00 and it worked on every single stage that didn't have it already as 00. However some RELs already have it set as 00 already and I assumed it would work nonetheless. But it didn't. An example is the KC-MM Club, it gives the annoying beep sound. What can I do to make it work?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Is there a guide somewhere showing exactly where every replacement file goes on the SD card goes? I don't want to have to keep asking for each one, but I don't know where pretty much anything goes cept for music and textures. I wanna know where menus are and stuff.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
i have a question about brawlbox itself: why can't brawlbox edit the verts itself? like in the animation viewer, you can see all the verts, so why can't you change them as well? nothing fancy, just a simple vert editor.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Has editing items been figured out?
Yes it has

i have a question about brawlbox itself: why can't brawlbox edit the verts itself? like in the animation viewer, you can see all the verts, so why can't you change them as well? nothing fancy, just a simple vert editor.
I believe Kryal was going to get around to it before he quit working on brawlbox

Top Bottom