• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

tekkie

Smash Master
When I open the advanced model editor, nothing shows up. How is this supposed to work? I right click on one of the models in FitWolf00.pac and nothing shows up, but I can see the textures if I root around for them. Maybe something wrong with OpenGL?

What!

Smash Cadet
You probably didn't zoom out the model. To zoom out click in the area where the model would be and hold down -

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Sorry about that
Well i hate to say it but try re-doing the animation completely in brawlbox v.62 as importing animations with interpolation will keep it even if it's edited in older versions of brawlbox

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that
Well i hate to say it but try re-doing the animation completely in brawlbox v.62 as importing animations with interpolation will keep it even if it's edited in older versions of brawlbox
I just downloaded a fresh FitLucarioMotion.pac from Mediafire from KC:MM's recources, exported the Win1 animation from it and replaced AppealHi with it in BrawlBox v0.62 -- his foot is still deformed in game. :\

Edit: I got it fixed thanks to some help on KC:MM.

Do you see this code?

Slope Model Movement: 0-6
Asynchronous Timer: frames=16
Slope Model Movement: 0-0
Asynchronous Timer: frames=65
18010200: 0-6, 0-6,

All I had to do was remove all of them, and his foot is fine. I was told the 18010200: 0-6, 0-6, code was the culprit because it has something to do with how the character's feet are placed on the ground.

Tesh

Smash Hero
where do i put the pac file for altering the results screen?

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
[collapse=CSS panel Examples]
[/collapse]

I tried replacing the picture icons with the designs I posted above, and whenever I go to the CSS the game freezes. Is it because the file size is too large?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
[collapse=CSS panel Examples]
[/collapse]

I tried replacing the picture icons with the designs I posted above, and whenever I go to the CSS the game freezes. Is it because the file size is too large?
Either that, or you used Modset 4.1. Mario Zelda Fan had that problem and found out that you use normal BrawlBox .63d instead of the modset to fix it.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Ah! Every now and than, when I import a texture, it comes out all ****ed up in BrawlBox, which makes texture hacking so annoying! Any ideas why this is happening?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Sorry for this I really don't know where to ask as there really wasn't a dedicated thread to my question. If you know where I could find help please direct me.

Anyway, BB can open and edit loop points and stuff. I've used it to perfect loop most of my music actually. The one thing it can't do is edit the decibel lvl. Some of my megman music is just way too loud compared to my zelda music and I have to constantly adjust the tv volume. Anyway to quick edit the level with BB or another awesome app? I don't really want to go through and do it with goldwave, takes too much time.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Ok, I know right off the bat that this sounds like a really dumb question, but when it comes to brawl hacking I am a nOOb. Anyway what exactly in detail is Brawlbox? From what I gather it helps in texture hacking in some way, is it like Meleetool, or what is it exactly?

Brawl reads certain files that are displayed on the game disk.

Brawlbox allows you to open up those files and then alter them.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
A little thing, it may sound stupid cause Im really a noob in all these but, can you rip off anything of the Digimon Rumble Arena? The game control and style is based on Melee, maybe it could help you but I dont know if you can actually rip anything of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-a6SbpwXQ&feature=related
not sure but what you mean explain moar

Sorry for this I really don't know where to ask as there really wasn't a dedicated thread to my question. If you know where I could find help please direct me.

Anyway, BB can open and edit loop points and stuff. I've used it to perfect loop most of my music actually. The one thing it can't do is edit the decibel lvl. Some of my megman music is just way too loud compared to my zelda music and I have to constantly adjust the tv volume. Anyway to quick edit the level with BB or another awesome app? I don't really want to go through and do it with goldwave, takes too much time.
Open the brstm in brawlbox and save it as a wav. After that open it in a sound-editing program and soften it.
You're going to have to re-loop it however you can copy and paste the loop point from the original and it'll work

Ok, I know right off the bat that this sounds like a really dumb question, but when it comes to brawl hacking I am a nOOb. Anyway what exactly in detail is Brawlbox? From what I gather it helps in texture hacking in some way, is it like Meleetool, or what is it exactly?
If i explained in detail you'd die from a getting hit by a wall of text >.>
Basically it helps replace original textures with your custom textures and is very essential to hacking

Speaking of which, I read I can get the original .pcs for each characters textures by extracting from the .pac of each character. What name is it I am looking for to extract that?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Speaking of which, I read I can get the original .pcs for each characters textures by extracting from the .pac of each character. What name is it I am looking for to extract that?
I assume you're asking how to get pac->pcs
Brawlbox can open pacs files and save them as pcs

Maná.

Smash Rookie
not sure but what you mean explain moar

Open the brstm in brawlbox and save it as a wav. After that open it in a sound-editing program and soften it.
You're going to have to re-loop it however you can copy and paste the loop point from the original and it'll work

If i explained in detail you'd die from a getting hit by a wall of text >.>
Basically it helps replace original textures with your custom textures and is very essential to hacking
Yep maybe you could take the Digimon models and apply them to your own models, the gameplay is based on the Melee, so I guess maybe I could be useful to take some animations from it, I dont know if you get my idea :)

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
I made a texture in BrawlBox but it won't load and when I tried it with the .pcs file the game freezes.

I've made textures before but they've worked, it was awhile ago and in ASH I think but I don't get why this isn't working.

I don't get it, help prease? x_x

The texture is for Ness btw.

Thanks.

Tesh

Smash Hero
How can I texture the money in coin matches? There HAS to be a texture for it right? Where do I find it?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Couldn't find an answer for this anywhere, even though I wasn't really certain what to look for, so I'm just posting it here.

I'm replacing some stage files and everything's going well, I've got the stages imported correctly along with their stage images, icons, and names. Now the only thing that's throwing this off as looking really legit is the stage origin text that shows in front of the stage image. I'm not sure what file (the stage or common5) to edit to change which video game origin comes up in front of the image. How would I go about doing this?

Also, since I've already asked a question through this post, here's another quick question. Is there any specific font that's out somewhere that they use for the stage selection screen? I'd really like my custom stages to have a matching font to my original stages.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Couldn't find an answer for this anywhere, even though I wasn't really certain what to look for, so I'm just posting it here.

I'm replacing some stage files and everything's going well, I've got the stages imported correctly along with their stage images, icons, and names. Now the only thing that's throwing this off as looking really legit is the stage origin text that shows in front of the stage image. I'm not sure what file (the stage or common5) to edit to change which video game origin comes up in front of the image. How would I go about doing this?

Also, since I've already asked a question through this post, here's another quick question. Is there any specific font that's out somewhere that they use for the stage selection screen? I'd really like my custom stages to have a matching font to my original stages.

Code:
Stage Icon: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selmap.pac : MiscData80 :MenSelmapIcon.??

Stage Symbol (series specific)l: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selmap.pac : MiscData80 : MenSelchrMark.??

Stage Symbol (stage specific)l: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selmap.pac : MiscData80 : MenSelmapMark.??

Stage Name: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selmap.pac : MiscData80 : MenSelmapFrontStname.??

Preview Image: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selmap.pac : MiscData80 : MenSelmapPrevbase.??

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
I need help..

Some of my brawl songs are being stupid and weird. In some songs, the song plays for, like, the first minute or so and then it makes a horrible sound as if I took the SD card out of the slot during gameplay. It does this for a few songs, I think.. Help?

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
I need help..

Some of my brawl songs are being stupid and weird. In some songs, the song plays for, like, the first minute or so and then it makes a horrible sound as if I took the SD card out of the slot during gameplay. It does this for a few songs, I think.. Help?
If any song at all is acting up, it probably means either you need to defrag your SD card or its sample rate is too high. I think it can't be over 44100 Hz.

So first check their sample rates, if it's not that, then defrag your SD card. If it still doesn't work, get everything off it and format it.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Question I want to make a entrance for Link like back in smash 64 . I used pits base Entrance as to model from but on certian character (controller ports like P1,P2,P3,P4) sometimes he comes in facing backwards instead of forward depending on the controller port. I compared the X Y Z values of the entrances and they match up exactly but what I don't understand is why Link will come down either backwards for face front. while pit always come down face front no matter which port he is in. Is there any way to get Link's entrance for all 4 ports to work exactly like pits? And yes I did make a secondary entrance thing on Link due to he only had 1 base. Any info would be great.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
If any song at all is acting up, it probably means either you need to defrag your SD card or its sample rate is too high. I think it can't be over 44100 Hz.

So first check their sample rates, if it's not that, then defrag your SD card. If it still doesn't work, get everything off it and format it.
My friend had a similar problem all he had to do was just defrag his SD card though that managed to fix his sound problems.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Locate the .MDLO file within a model then right click to preview. To view animations you need to preview the model then locate the fitmotionetc.pac file that character has.

Thappyface16

Smash Rookie
I was saving my common5.pac and this showed up: "external component has thrown an exception." any ideas to fix this?

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Ok, this has probably been asked a million times, but is it possible to make a .pac file out of an existing .pcs file through brawlbox and if so, how?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Ok, this has probably been asked a million times, but is it possible to make a .pac file out of an existing .pcs file through brawlbox and if so, how?
I know this is needed for especially for zelda and shiek skins lol I learned the hard way but basically what you have to do is open the .pcs file and save as .pac be warned though the .pac and .pcs need to be 2 different file sizes. Again I learned this the hard way after either having my game crash or outfits not working properly.

open brawlbox open .pcs you want to use save as .pac brawl box should convert it properly.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
can u sdi by holding a direction + mashing A ?
so quarter circle DI + mashing A would give you a lot of sdi inputs

and if you use y as jump for example. you could set x to attack,too and mash x+a while quarter circle diing.

*edit ohw wrong thread lol. sry

Top Bottom