• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Muhsoce

Smash Cadet
if this was towards me, it didnt work
I'm editing a stage, and have an animated element that I want to loop. When I play the stage, it plays its animation once, then stops. How do I set it to loop upon reaching the end of its animation?

I mean, yes, I can check the loop box in brawlbox, but that doesn't make it loop ingame.
------------

Sorry I didnt say what it was for, the unknown2 set to number 1 is to loop the animation in game, so this is for evilgram!! check above evilgram!!

------------

SonicTheHedgehog02, if im not wrong what i can advise you is to create an animation for that model then in the preview... select the main part of the model and then go to the options in the right where the animations appears, select the animation you have created and then rotate and move everthing you want, then when you use it in the game should be the way you want.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. I've gotten it looping ingame. The Brawlbox guys ought to label that variable.

blahman179

Smash Cadet
Okay, maybe I'll try here.

I recently had to factory reset my computer for reasons I wouldn't like to explain. Ever since then, I've had a restricted account.

I was able to download the newest >Net framework Runtime, but brawlbox still won't open.

It keeps coming up with an error message, "Cannot find runtime to run this application."

Any help, because I'm looking to work on an Ezio Auditore, (Assasin's Creed II,) texture for Marth.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I'm editing a stage, and have an animated element that I want to loop. When I play the stage, it plays its animation once, then stops. How do I set it to loop upon reaching the end of its animation?

I mean, yes, I can check the loop box in brawlbox, but that doesn't make it loop ingame.
The post below answered this for ya

In brawl box select the animation of the model and then look at the right there you will see that there are unknown1 unknown2 and unknown3, select to unknown2 and change the 0 to 1 and there your set!!

=)
Alright so I got Brawl Minus today and I want to hack it even more with texture hacks and background hacks and music hacks and the likes

How do I accomplish this?
Depends are you using gecko os or riivolution for this?

blahman179

Smash Cadet
The in-match battle portrait, (small watermarked face behind the damage gauge,) what file and what section is it in brawlbox, cause I want to change one.

Thanks, sorry if my grammar's crapped up, I'm very exhausted today.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Are you using Gecko or Riivolution?
If Riivolution, the file should be called "common5_en.pac" (minus quotes).

SPINDASH77

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this question was already asked but i changed one of the pictures on the CSS and it won't load meaning that the picture is still the default pic. How do i fix this?

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, how can I make ikes right eye closed the entire time?

I herd that I should delete all of his expressions and only keep the pain expression...and replace the pain expression with everything else...

The only problem is I dont know how to go by that.

=_= I dont really know where to look for it... I search in the box for hours and still dont get it.

Hacks101

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know where i can download the ORIGINAL TEXTURES for the SSBB Characters so i can edit them

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Can someone PLEASE tell me where to put battle portrait names? The ones that show up under the damage % in the match HUD? :c

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Your info.pac is too big. Replace all of the text in the 2nd MiscData in it with dots. It will definitely reduce file size.
Nope, it still crashes. All I did was replace Ganondorf's name with Tabuu's and no change in filesize. :/

I give up, it just doesn't want to. :c

This is the graphic I'm trying to insert:

(Yes, it's stretched on purpose since the game "squeezes" Ganondorf's name)

manman1235

Smash Cadet
I want to take Dedede's hammer and Link's sword and put them on Zelda, and this thread showed how to do so with the models; question is, how do I get the textures for the stuff on Zelda as well?
I believe that you put them in the FitZeldaMotionEtc.pac, attach them in PSA, then add their respective textures into the TextureData[0].brres file.
Alternatively, you can add the polygons into the model and the textures into the the model's TextureData[0].brres node.
The first way is probably better.
Am I making sense?

Tesh

Smash Hero
How do I change the background on custom stages to a picture of my choosing?

EvanLe

Smash Cadet
when I open common5.pac,
the file inside it is named common5_en, while the others also have _en, should I rename it without _en?
Also, When I tried replacing the item textures in common3.pac,
the game freezes after wii-strap picture. Help, please!
I replaced textures that came with the character from brawlvault.
Do I rename the common3_en inside the file to common3?

freeshooterxigbar2

Smash Apprentice
I really want Geno to play for fun. So I need to know how to get his moveset, what to name it ane where to put it and all that. Any help?

EvanLe

Smash Cadet
Also, when I try to replace CSPs with ones that came with brawl textures/hacks for them, it freezes. the pokemon motion ones are deleted. HELP!

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
when I open common5.pac,
the file inside it is named common5_en, while the others also have _en, should I rename it without _en?
Also, When I tried replacing the item textures in common3.pac,
the game freezes after wii-strap picture. Help, please!
I replaced textures that came with the character from brawlvault.
Do I rename the common3_en inside the file to common3?
No to all of this
What files are you loading?(Non character/stage textures)

I really want Geno to play for fun. So I need to know how to get his moveset, what to name it ane where to put it and all that. Any help?
Which one did you download?
There's one replacing Lucas and one replacing Toon Link

Also, when I try to replace CSPs with ones that came with brawl textures/hacks for them, it freezes. the pokemon motion ones are deleted. HELP!
Mind linking me to them?

freeshooterxigbar2

Smash Apprentice
Im probably going to do the TL one. I didnt even know there was another. I didnt download it yet could you try telling me now? Or is there something else you need to know?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Mr. Chuy
I replaced the normal items in common3.pac with item textures and it freezes at the straploading.\
The CSP Examples?
http://www.mediafire.com/?ta99ocqqbx3tgw8
http://www.mediafire.com/?4ex6hbbuo8jkjrs
also, it freezes before character select when I try using these csps that i replaced in the common5.pac file with the original csp.
Send me the common3 and i'll do the portraits for the common5
sound good? Just tell me what colors you want for the CSPs

Im probably going to do the TL one. I didnt even know there was another. I didnt download it yet could you try telling me now? Or is there something else you need to know?
Pf->Character->toonlink->Fittoonlink00.pcs or .pac

EvanLe

Smash Cadet
so do I send common3 with the item textures in a folder?
and common5 with the csp's in a folder
but wait, I use sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap and they over power common5

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
so do I send common3 with the item textures in a folder?
and common5 with the csp's in a folder
but wait, I use sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap and they over power common5
1.Yeah
2.I'll make the common5 with the csps for ya and test them in-game to see if they work for me you just need to tell me what order you want the csps in

Top Bottom