• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I try to export the origonal CSP from my common5.pac file in BrawlBox, it comes out as a file type Gimp can't read, though the tutorial I used said Gimp would be able to read it. Can gimp not read CSP, or (more likley) am I doing it wrong? If so, what did I do wrong?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
@Animation Problems

Recently, I have been playing around with Falco, making new animations with him from scratch. This is actually for a PSA project I want to do, but I won't make it official until I have a majority of the animations done. The problems I am having involve how the bones move when transitioning between key frames. Sometimes, when I am animating, I end up with body parts doing a whole host of things they shouldn't do. These include rotating hundreds of degrees on a certain axis when it shouldn't, and increasing and decreasing dramatically in transition from key frame to key frame. It is making animating very hard, and I need to figure out how to keep it from happening so it won't practically halt the animating process. Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't know the answer to your other questions, but I do know the answer to this. =3

Kryal added something new to v63 that wasn't it 62b; interpolation. It is meant to make transitions between one keyframe to another smoother. Thing is, it has a lot of unintended effects. There is a way to solve this in 63, but it's kinda inconvenient.

My solution? Use v62b. Animations will move exactly as you tell them to.

Triple Seven

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been asked, but my searches haven't turned up anything. For those of you familiar with RandomTBush's World Tournament stage, some time ago there were icons posted for said stage (preview icon, name bar, etc) in the thread for the Goku Beta (I don't know if TBush was responsible for the icons or not, as they no longer seem to be in the thread). I got the level working fine (put it over WarioWare with a .rel) and put in the name bar and tiny preview icon with no problems.
The large preview picture, however (the one you see on the left side of the screen) has consistently given me freezes. I've gone into Photoshop and looked, and both it and the original WarioWare picture were identical (same resolution, size, color count). To be safe, I even copied the contents of the Tournament's preview picture over the WarioWare preview. Still I am given a freeze whenever I try to enter the level select screen.
This is very odd, as I've done this before on other levels with no problems. Is there something about that particular picture that I'm not realizing (and perhaps the reason it no longer seems to be available in the thread)? Any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: I tried importing other pictures that I had successfully placed over other levels (specifically a picture of Chu's Stormy Destination) and got the same freeze. I noticed that the default Wario picture is only 16.9 KB. Thinking that might be the culprit (as that is literally the ONLY difference I see between it and the other pngs I've tried to import), I managed to get the aforementioned Tournament picture down to 16.5 (with substantial quality loss), and still I get a freeze. Perhaps it needs to be EXACTLY 16.9?

JayPhenrix

Smash Rookie
hey, does anyone know how to swap effects? im new to the brawlbox subject and haven't got any clue
For eexample, i want to place a z-saber effect to mi zero link texture, but nothing happens. i already placed the z.saber.pac inside the Link folder in the "Fighter" folder, but no results. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Triple Seven

Smash Rookie
Just one additional note concerning my problem on the previous page; when loading the pictures in Brawlbox I noticed that the WarioWare preview has only roughly 1800 colors, whereas my desired replacement is up in the tens of thousands (even the ones reduced in quality and filesize). This is rather confusing to me, as when using the index color mode in photoshop, it (the colors) were listed at 200. I'll concede I'm not very knowledgable about these things, and can only assume that the numbers photoshop refers to (as nowhere within it can I even find reference to numbers so large as the colors suggested by Brawlbox) are referring to a different aspect or measurement of color. Regardless, the color discrepancy seems to be the only difference between WarioWare's preview and others and could explain why it won't even accept other stage images, as they tend to have a few thousand more colors, according to Brawlbox (Even the preview of Mr. Chuy's Stormy Destination has a little over 2000, and while it works fine for FD, it causes a freeze in WarioWare).
So my question is, what might I do to get the color count of my desired picture to match that of the default WarioWare preview? Assuming this color limit hunch is correct, I'm sure one might suggest that I pick a level that lets me have more than 1800 for a preview, but even then I'd fall several thousand short. Assuming, however, I'm on a completely wrong track, any efforts to disregard all this confusing color gibberish from me and set me on the correct path would be much appreciated.

Blue Leafeon

Smash Rookie
So I was playing Melee (for old time's sake) and realized that Marth was SOOOO much faster back then than he is in Brawl.

So now I'm wondering, is there a code to increase a character's walking/running speed? In particular, Marth's walking speed?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
So I was playing Melee (for old time's sake) and realized that Marth was SOOOO much faster back then than he is in Brawl.

So now I'm wondering, is there a code to increase a character's walking/running speed? In particular, Marth's walking speed?
There isn't a code, but you can easily edit it by changing the proper attribute in PSA.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
PSA is a program made by Phantom Wings. It allows you to edit attributes of a character (like weight, fall speed, etc), along with editting actions (such as waiting poses, damage of an attack, adding darkness to body parts, etc).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Copied from my help thread:
"SalaComMander (from KC:MM and here if he goes here) and I are wondering how one can give Jigglypuff a certain hat (like RandomTBush made Bill's hat from TF2). I tried giving Jigglypuff the crown from the Peach Kirby, added the bones (and renamed them like the original hat), but it didn't work in-game.
And, do model names matter w/ the custom Jigglypuff hats? I named mine 'WpnPurinCrown'"

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
most likely this question has already been asked, but is there a possibility that BrawlBox or something like it will be made for Macs?

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if I should ask it here but here is my question:

For some reason, Vertex Box wouldn't open on my computer. The Vertex Box logo appears, dissapears, then nothing happens. Do I need to re-download it, or is it something else?

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
I have edit the final smash of Ganon with new model and textures. But it doesn't seem to load ingame. It's named FitGanonFinal.pac and put in pf/fighter/ganon. The file is larger than the original.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Selmap.pac causes freezes in my game, this includes:
-In and out of Common5
-with minor changes in size (the size just won't lower!)
-with gecko and riivolution

What should I do?

EDIT: Matter of fact, I see that the same files are also in the mu_menumain.pac. Can I use that instead if I'm using Riivolution?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyway I can replace ZSS's gun for a knife or dagger of some sort? I thought using the Wind Waker or Kirby's Final Cutter, but when I replace the .mdl0 file, it either freezes the game or glitches up. Could any of you tell me how to make it work or if it is at all possible?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Selmap.pac causes freezes in my game, this includes:
-In and out of Common5
-with minor changes in size (the size just won't lower!)
-with gecko and riivolution

What should I do?

EDIT: Matter of fact, I see that the same files are also in the mu_menumain.pac. Can I use that instead if I'm using Riivolution?
Try changing the file of the image you're using to replace to something else like .tga and are the image the same size like 126x160

Is there anyway I can replace ZSS's gun for a knife or dagger of some sort? I thought using the Wind Waker or Kirby's Final Cutter, but when I replace the .mdl0 file, it either freezes the game or glitches up. Could any of you tell me how to make it work or if it is at all possible?
Vertex editing is your only option if that's not working

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hokay. I finally got around to trying out changing Zero's bone flags to allow me to rotate, scale, and translate his hands. It worked.

However, I have a new problem, which I hope someone can help me with. Even though Zero's hand polygon and buster polygon are on separate sibling bones, they both move together. In BrawlBox, the hand bone is set to move forward, and the buster bone is set to stay still. In BrawlBox this works fine. However, in game, the Buster translates and rotates (but not scales) with the Hand.

Does anyone have any idea what property, flag, or other thing could be causing this behavior?

Yung Mei

i downloaded a menu hack (heres a screenshot)

but where exactly do i put it?

is it SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/

and do i need a specific code to get it to work, or do i just need the file replacement code?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
i downloaded a menu hack (heres a screenshot)

but where exactly do i put it?

is it SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/

and do i need a specific code to get it to work, or do i just need the file replacement code?
Yes it's pfmenu2 and yes you only need the file patch code

Hokay. I finally got around to trying out changing Zero's bone flags to allow me to rotate, scale, and translate his hands. It worked.

However, I have a new problem, which I hope someone can help me with. Even though Zero's hand polygon and buster polygon are on separate sibling bones, they both move together. In BrawlBox, the hand bone is set to move forward, and the buster bone is set to stay still. In BrawlBox this works fine. However, in game, the Buster translates and rotates (but not scales) with the Hand.

Does anyone have any idea what property, flag, or other thing could be causing this behavior?
There's a way to fix i just can't seem to remember the way right now through but a question though is the buster a child bone to the hand?

Yung Mei

Yes it's pfmenu2 and yes you only need the file patch code

There's a way to fix i just can't seem to remember the way right now through but a question though is the buster a child bone to the hand?
ok so the folder name is ''pfmenu2''
correct?

thats what's confusing me i guess lol

Yung Mei

well , as it turns out i was putting it in the right place :D

it was named incorrectly >.<

Eldiran

Smash Lord
It isn't -- they're sibling bones. I used fortwaffles' bone structure modder to rearrange them.

If there isn't any other explanation, I'd guess that the bone modder didn't actually work, in spite of the appearance in BrawlBox.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Try changing the file of the image you're using to replace to something else like .tga and are the image the same size like 126x160
I tried that as well. I'll try everything again one more time. Just to make sure, all the stage pictures, stage icons, stage titles, and logos can be changed without the game going all SPAZ right?

Yung Mei

question, me and some friends just made a CSS in the CSS Organizer - but how do we get it working in brawl?

Roo525

Smash Ace
This is partially Brawlbox related. Some vertex hacking is involved. Anyways, I was vertex hacking Peach's hair, when I moved the new edits into Brawlbox and this happened:

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the bones of the hair. I know it can be fixed, due to the fact that there has been a short-haired Peach made before. Anyone know how to fix?

Conti

Smash Ace
Ok so i need help because i can't find the info i need anywhere and its making me mad...

To start... I'm trying to get this CSS http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6201.0

Question1 Do i need a Common5.pac?
Copied the sc_whatever to Pf/Menu2
Dont have a common5... it errored...

I then read his side notes with having character screen portrates and that i would need to "COLLIDE" {please elaborate} with some stuff read his post i linkd above...

Like what do i do

Yung Mei

question, me and some friends just made a CSS in the CSS Organizer - but how do we get it working in brawl?
bumping my question with another one-

How do i set custom portraits for the stages?

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Hey i have all the music working but the title during battle arent the title ive edited in Brawlbox. The title in "My Music" works fine but during battles, the title are different, please help. And i have the info.Pac file where its suppose to be in.
Thanks

Also, some of my songs are screwed, could that be just the file?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey i have all the music working but the title during battle arent the title ive edited in Brawlbox. The title in "My Music" works fine but during battles, the title are different, please help. And i have the info.Pac file where its suppose to be in.
Thanks

Also, some of my songs are screwed, could that be just the file?
What's the directory of your info.pac?

As for the songs, if they sound like static, you should de-frag your SD Card. It should do the trick.

Top Bottom