• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl vs Galaxy vs MK Wii

Akiak

Smash Ace
Personally, I dont really like halo 3 that much. Its not my type.
But about SSBB or Galaxy:
Usually adventure games are good when they are long because once you are done with them, there isn't much to do except redo the same levels.
So if galaxy is long enough like Twilight Princess then it might actually surpass SSBB but otherwise SSBB remains the best

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I will be getting the game today in less then 9 hrs cant wait

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
both of these games look awesome and will no doubt sell tons. i played galaxy and it was really fun, made me think of mario 64 again. brawl looks like its gonna be an instant classic as well but its hard to compare 2 different types of games

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
How can you compare the two?
Graphics, Sound, Presentation, Gameplay, and Lasting Appeal...at least according to IGN.

They are both the same in graphics, sound, presentation, and gameplay, but the lasting appeal of Smash is so much more since it is multiplayer. Therefore, it's better. If you have no friends, then Galaxy wins. Even Brawl's wifi doesn't beat it.

GOTM

Smash Champion
i hate people that say you cant compare the two. there both games!!!! of course you can compare them, jeez...

anyways, i think brawl will be better because fighting games are more my style. people that prefer a great storyline, level design, etc., will probably be rooting for the other team. simple as that

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So I'm pretty sure I'm the first person in West Lafayette, Indiana to own the game. I walked into WalMart just as they were opening the boxes, and nobody else has it in stock yet.

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
i hate people that say you cant compare the two. there both games!!!! of course you can compare them, jeez...

anyways, i think brawl will be better because fighting games are more my style. people that prefer a great storyline, level design, etc., will probably be rooting for the other team. simple as that
See? Thats why you can't compare them. You may like fighting games more when someone else likes adventure games more. Two completely different genres. They may be two games, but they are very different.

Track and boxing are both sports.....you just can't compare them though other than they're both sports....

I'm just in a bad mood cuz all the stores around here don't sell SMG till tomorrow :ohwell:

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm starting to get pissed at Nintendo for making it's release date a Monday...they really should make release dates on days we can actually buy the game. I'm gonna go check some stores in a little bit.

But seriously. Brawl on a Sunday? What were they thinking? Perrin Kaplan said Sunday's a good day for sales. Uhh...are you serious? Really? A good day for sales even though store don't usually get their trucks until Tuesday? Thank God that stupid ***** is gone, she was starting to piss me off. Get rid of all the GC people.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
No, I called all the gamestops and EBgames in my area (and even outside my area) and they all said (rather quickly I might add) that Galaxy isn't released until tomorrow. When I inquired about why it was tomorrow and not today like it was supposed to be, I got answers like "it was pushed back a day." "i don't know. sorry." "i thought it was always the 13th." and the most likely ones: "well, technically you're right. the release date is today, but we haven't gotten our shipment yet." and "it is, but we're not allowed to sell it until tomorrow." Judging from the hasty replies from every single GS and EB Games that I called, I bet there were lots of people calling about that today.

I even called multiple Best Buys. I only got through to three because Best Buy has horrible service. One tried to tell me that the release date is the 13th, not the 12th (bull). Another just flat out said "no we don't have it." And the other said that they've had it for a while but aren't allowed to sell it until Tuesday.

I'm going to take a quick trip to Wal-Mart and see if they have it, but I doubt that. I'll also take a trip to a couple of Best Buys that didn't answer their phone. Maybe I'll get lucky at one of them.

Point is, for anyone hoping to get it from Gamestop: Call first and don't waste a trip. I think the most likely place for you to find it would be Best Buy (because some of them are selling it early) or Wal-Mart.

Edit: Yeah, I really hope we don't have this problem with Brawl. I'm forseeing this same incident. If Nintendo is having this issue with Galaxy of all games, then I won't be surprised if it happened for Brawl as well. They're on the same caliber and Brawl is released on a Sunday (once again, the day before the school week starts up for everyone). I seriously fail to see how Sunday is a good day for sales. You would think FRIDAY or SATURDAY would be the best day, since most people can actually go get it then.

I'm also wondering about the preorders. If this same thing is going to happen for Brawl, then I doubt preorders will really make much of a difference. People who have preorders for Galaxy can't even pick it up today because all the stores are under the impression that it's due out TOMORROW.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
Im just happy to see that Wii is bringing alot of good games unlike the Game Cube. Maybe its me but I felt it never had enough rock solid games for it. To me Smash Bros. was one of the few games that made me want to buy a Game Cube. (to think back on it it was the only reason I got one at the time). Already we are seeing some really good games coming out for the wii. I Think that Brawls impact will be based on what other characters we will see and how adictive of a game it will be. My $$$ is on Brawl, it will still be fun after you beat it.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I'm starting to get pissed at Nintendo for making it's release date a Monday...they really should make release dates on days we can actually buy the game. I'm gonna go check some stores in a little bit.

But seriously. Brawl on a Sunday? What were they thinking? Perrin Kaplan said Sunday's a good day for sales. Uhh...are you serious? Really? A good day for sales even though store don't usually get their trucks until Tuesday? Thank God that stupid ***** is gone, she was starting to piss me off. Get rid of all the GC people.
Haha. Totally agree with everyone you just said.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman

It tends to be related to the day of the week people get paid.

Eg, in Australia, everybody gets paid on a thursday so that's when most games, movies, etc. are released. Because it's the time of the week with the most money. :/

Symphony X

Smash Lord
D-mnit. D-mnit D-mnit D-mnit. I have to wait 'til tomorrow for Galaxy. I have to wait 'til after school. In the future I would appreciate if Nintendo would give out release dates that really mean "Sale date," not "ship date."

That's what my GameStop told me. Today was the shipping day, and tomorrow is the release date.

D-mn.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
E4All:
Brawl dominated the floor, SMG was there you know.
Super Smash Bros. (the original) was better than Super Mario 64 because of replayability. Melee was definitely better than Sunshine, but many games are better than Sunshine.

You have nothing to worry about, Brawl will be awesome considering Melee's production time was half Brawl's and we're still playing Melee! Brawl will last twice as long. That is (2 x 1/0[1/0 = infinity])... it will be a good game.
i honestly feel mario 64 was a better and more important game than smash 64, even thoguh i love it

The Director

Smash Lord
Does Feb. 10th mean shipping date or release date?
Feb. 10th means you'll have to wait until FEB 12TH. (shock full of dread!!)

I went to 5 stores today...all said the same thing: tomorrow. This is bull. I'm not blaming the stores for this mishap, I'm blaming Nintendo. They really, really shouldn't give games release dates on which people can't actually buy the game.

This is not only causing confusion but also frustration. The same exact thing is going to happen with Brawl, but I think it'll be even worse.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
How awesome? Even better then Super Mario 64 awesome?
I'm still fairly early in the game (11 stars), but so far, I'd say it's up there with Super Mario 64. I have a good feeling I'll end up considering Galaxy a superior game overall. The graphics are obviously superior, but the presentation and music are also leaps and bounds better than SM64. The variety in terms of level design is on par with SM64, and the variety in terms of gameplay mechanics is far and away better.

This game is simply amazing.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I really wasn't all that impressed with Galaxy. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, it's great, it's essentially Super Mario 64 with better stuff, but on that note, it's essentially Super Mario 64 and so it felt like more of the same to me. Again, not that any of that is a bad thing, but the game didn't blow me over as all the hype made it sound like it would. It's a good game, it's worth playing and buying, and will definately have lasting appeal, and I definately will keep playing it, but for me, it doesn't quite live up to what people made it to be.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I'm still fairly early in the game (11 stars), but so far, I'd say it's up there with Super Mario 64. I have a good feeling I'll end up considering Galaxy a superior game overall. The graphics are obviously superior, but the presentation and music are also leaps and bounds better than SM64. The variety in terms of level design is on par with SM64, and the variety in terms of gameplay mechanics is far and away better.

This game is simply amazing.
did you get the game today?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@ Space Pirate

How far are you? Maybe you've only scratched the surface.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well I can't get mine to 6 today but atleast I get the game for free

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I really wasn't all that impressed with Galaxy. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, it's great, it's essentially Super Mario 64 with better stuff, but on that note, it's essentially Super Mario 64 and so it felt like more of the same to me. Again, not that any of that is a bad thing, but the game didn't blow me over as all the hype made it sound like it would. It's a good game, it's worth playing and buying, and will definately have lasting appeal, and I definately will keep playing it, but for me, it doesn't quite live up to what people made it to be.
I don't believe it's possible for any game to really meet our expectations when it's as hyped up as SMG was. Even Halo 3 failed to meet expectations and we all know that was the biggest release of the year.

I hate to say it but I doubt Brawl will live up to the hype either. I'm sure it'll be amazing and the best game ever (in my own opinion at least) but when we start expecting too much, that's when we get disappointed. It's never a good idea to START OUT expecting a whole lot from a game until you can be sure it won't disappoint.

Also, like The Director, I went to about 5 different stores today and none of them had it. One of the Gamestops even said that I'm the 8th person today that came in looking for SMG.

I too don't blame the stores for the confusion, but Nintendo for giving a false SALE date. Nintendo has been pushing "Available IN STORES on November 12th." this whole time, when what they really meant was "Available to retailers on November 12th." I also don't doubt that this will happen for Brawl now as well. Brawl is in the same situation if you look at it. Nintendo claims that both games are going to available for purchase on a day that people don't have school/work (Monday for SMG because of Veteran's Day and Sunday for Brawl because it's a weekend). This isn't looking good. Usually, I wouldn't be this upset about having to wait one extra day to play a great game like SMG or Brawl, but what I'm really angry about is the fact that Nintendo is avidly spouting "November 12th!" all over the place and yet most stores won't even have it until Wednesday through Friday at the most! The same thing will happen with Brawl. I'm not really ANGRY.. Just disappointed.

Top Bottom