• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl vs Galaxy vs MK Wii

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
the thread is called brawl vs galaxy.
i say brawl
Okay and that's your opinion. No one is saying anything against you.

So far though, we don't know how good Brawl is going to be. All we have to go off of is the E for All demo. We're not saying Mario Galaxy is better than Brawl in every way, but I think we have to admit that there will be many areas where it prevails. Likewise, Brawl will have many areas where it prevails over SMG. Right now, we're just discussing how good of a game Galaxy is. We're not saying Brawl fails or anything.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'll wait until tomorrow to get Galaxy...probably won't play it until tomorrow night. I don't mind the wait, I'm very patient. (except when it comes to Smash!!)

It worked out better this way, because I had plenty of video editing to do tonight after work, and tomorrow night my schedule's completely free. Give's me a whole night to sit back, hit up a fat bowl and dive into Galaxy for a couple of hours. :cool:

So far though, we don't know how good Brawl is going to be.
Allow me to make a bold prediction: it's going to rock our ****ing socks off.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Is it really that much better than 64? 'Cause that's still one of my favorite games ever.
In my opinion, yes, it is better. The production/presentation is better. The graphics are better (obviously). The sound is much better. The level design is just as varied if not moreso, and there are more of them. The gameplay is more varied due to the inclusion of the motion control elements, which are used quite well so far. The bosses so far appear to be more challenging, more interesting, and more plentiful.

the 100 coin for a star thing isn't in Galaxy? aww dang...kind of keeps the game long...all good though..Miyamoto is the best

I don't know if this is considered spoiler material or not, but just to be on the safe side:
There are still 100-coin challenges in some stages, though I'm not sure how many. What is different about Galaxy I think is that not EVERY stage has a star that you earn just by collecting 100 coins. In fact, normal coins seem to be somewhat rare compared to in Super Mario 64. The 100-coin challenges are special objectives where you need to get 100 purple coins that normally aren't there when you are completing other objectives.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Allow me to make a bold prediction: it's going to rock our ****ing socks off.
Well of course it is! But for the sake of the argument, we really TECHNICALLY don't know how it's actually going to be yet, aside from footage we've seen and word of mouth. We can pretty much be sure that it's going to be amazing, but we really just can't say it for sure yet.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Just won Galaxy off ebay for 45.75 (including shipping). Won't get to play it until Wednesday before Thanksgiving because my Wii and it are being shipped to a different address then I am at.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I won't get it till Friday. >_>. Darn worthless preorders. That means, I'm getting brawl four days later, too.

But, anyway, it would seem most of the people who have the wii these days (The soccer moms, the girls, the younger kids, you know... the target market) are familiar with Mario more than Smash. So, I'm assuming Galaxy would sell more. And won't the be surprised when it's harder than they think. lol..

ThreeX

Smash Lord
even though i havn't played galaxy yet, (or brawl >.>;) idk.. i'm pretty sure brawl is gonna be better. IDK, even though a lot of reviews say that galaxy is gonna be really good, it just seems weird to me. Probably one of the best wii games out so far though. . . just my opinion :D

Spellman

Smash Ace
Smash Bros. kinda sounds like Mario Bros. and has Mario on the cover. That'll attract those familiar with Mario and those familiar with Smash and the other characters on the box respectively.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Galaxy will get lots of sells but, Brawl will sell even more!

Galaxy is 1 player (I'm aware you can play 2 players using the little star) and wouldn't as high as a replay value as Brawl.

Brawl will be first bought by us (people who've played smash, casual or pro)
then male friends/relatives/little kids will see us playing and want to buy it too
then the females will want to play
then it will be on just about every console (bratty whining kids) and parents will start playing
then grand parents will play
then everyone on the entire face of the earth (even non gamers) will buy a wii, buy smash, and everyone will become gamers and eventually (with all the competition and playing online/offline), everyone will be hardcore gamers! Then casuals will be called hardcores and current hardcores would be called something (dont want to say anything stupid cheesy).

Brawl will spread like wildfire.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm a sad sad Panda. I probably won't get the sexyness that is Mario Galaxy until Christmas.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
will be picking my copy today becuse gamestop did not get them in yesterday like I was told :c

blayde_axel

Smash Master
A bit off topic, but does anyone know the average price of a Japanese video game?

On the Japanese DOJO, the price is 6800 yen, which translates to $61. Of course, Smash could just be sold at $50, but I'm just curious if 6800 yen is normal for Japanese games.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Galaxy is single player so it loses by default. Brawl will more likely have a lot more replayability than Galaxy.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Lol at the idiot who did that mistake.

Three more days...

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm a sad sad Panda. I probably won't get the sexyness that is Mario Galaxy until Christmas.
I might as well be that way, I have exams December 1 -10 so won't be able to play it until December 12 or 14th or something. May get a teaser of it on Thanksgiving.

volbound1700

Smash Master
A bit off topic, but does anyone know the average price of a Japanese video game?

On the Japanese DOJO, the price is 6800 yen, which translates to $61. Of course, Smash could just be sold at $50, but I'm just curious if 6800 yen is normal for Japanese games.
At bestbuy's website, it shows the pre-order for Brawl for 49.99. I have seen the same thing at other sites. All good Wii games seem to start off 49.99.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Galaxy is single player so it loses by default. Brawl will more likely have a lot more replayability than Galaxy.

That's fairly poor logic if you ask me. Most of the games that are talked about as being the "best ever" seem to be 1P games (Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time being two prime examples). Goldeneye is usually up there too, but it had an outstanding 1P mode - same could be said of games like Half Life. The Resident Evil games are usually up there as well.

Darqion

Smash Cadet
Its all opinionated bull@#$% so.. really why even waste your time trying to convince it will sell more

Would your dreams get a little wetter if they do ? Would you cry if it doesnt ? Would you smile if it does ? Seriously, i dont see the point. What i DO know is that mario is still very popular, and both will be selling plenty

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Its all opinionated bull@#$% so.. really why even waste your time trying to convince it will sell more

Would your dreams get a little wetter if they do ? Would you cry if it doesnt ? Would you smile if it does ? Seriously, i dont see the point. What i DO know is that mario is still very popular, and both will be selling plenty
your right they will both sell pretty good

The Director

Smash Lord
In the back of your mind, you always care about sales. If there's something you've invested time and money in, you want it to sell well and be popular.

But seriously? Do we really think these two games won't sell well? They'll sell wonderfully. I think that goes without saying.

Overall tho, I still think Brawl will sell more. (and I'm talking about the total sales 5 or 6 years from now) I mean, when you think about it Brawl will most likely be the best selling game for Wii.

B.A.R.S

Smash Cadet
well i just got the game today and i have to say this game is great. I really dont know which one i would choose now.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's fairly poor logic if you ask me. Most of the games that are talked about as being the "best ever" seem to be 1P games (Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time being two prime examples). Goldeneye is usually up there too, but it had an outstanding 1P mode - same could be said of games like Half Life. The Resident Evil games are usually up there as well.

Mario can only go so far with single player. Brawl has SSE, HRC, stage editor, online multiplayer, off-line multiplayer, match recording and god knows what else Sakurai has in store. Mario has single player.

Good multiplayer games almost always outlast single player games. This has been my experience since replayability has always been the major selling point to me.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
this thread is way before its time. ive played galaxy and honestly i was impressed but there is really no point to argue which is better when one of the games isnt even finished. most likely everyone in this thread will buy brawl i cant say the same for galaxy. ive played it but i wont buy it.

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
I think you can't even compare the two games. Brawl is based on (mostly) multiplayer. Galaxy is based on single player.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I think brawl in the long run, will sell better.
you got:online multi player,
build a stage,
a MUCH better single player(as opposed to melee but I KNOW galaxy wins in the one player department),
an estimated 35+ characters,
I think brawl will still min in the long run though...

The Director

Smash Lord
Meh...preorder coin...didn't really care about that too much.

I got the NP 100 coins back in the day, a golden one of Mario a silver one of DK and a bronze one of Yoshi. They've done nothing but sit and collect dust since then...

Still haven't played Galaxy yet. That time is drawing nigh, tho. Might need to pass on the bowl and go right for a gravity for this. (get it? gravity bong? Mario Galaxy? it's fitting!) :chuckle:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Have I mentioned that this game is better than anything I've ever played?

Up to 40 stars now. Must... slow...down...

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I picked it up at Toys R Us today right after school.

I'm in love with this game so far. It's amazing. Automatically the best wii game ever (before anyone disputes me, no brawl does not count. brawl is no where near release yet, but i'm sure it'll be right up there with galaxy when it is.)

I'm honestly finding it hard to choose what I think will be better now that I've actually played Galaxy. However, due to my loyalty to the Smash series, I'm going to stick with my original opinion.

Seriously though, if you own a wii, you NEED to get this game. Not SHOULD. NEED. It's quite truthfully, a must own title for any wii owner, whether you like platformers or not.

Let's put it this way: if it's possible for a game to be perfect, then Galaxy is the closest I've seen yet.

Top Bottom