• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl vs Galaxy vs MK Wii

courte

Smash Lord
for the topic closer

ANYONE GOING BACK AND PLAYING SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE i see like 2 hands in the room...

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
galaxy is good i jut got it but i couldnt really enjoy it cuz my brother would show up with a stupid wiimote and make my mario jump, forcing me to beat his as

so far the game is really good but co-op sucks as, nintendo should have tried to find a better way to incorporate that in galaxy. they could have at least put some 2 player minigames or something but besides that, the game kicks as

limitbreak

Smash Ace
This game truly is incredible. Believe the reviews and the hype. Go buy this game. But I must say Im expecting even more from brawl.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
for the topic closer

ANYONE GOING BACK AND PLAYING SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE i see like 2 hands in the room...
I actually loved Sunshine.

And about Galaxy.......IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME!
I love it. Comepletely took over my life today.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Ugh...Halo vs. SSB all over again...

Well, seeing as I have yet to play either (along with most American gamers, for that matter), I really don't see how I can judge them. But, I liked Smash 64 way better than Mario 64, and that's the most recent time I've owned both a Mario and Smash game on one console (for that matter, the ONLY time)

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I had to work yesterday so I only got to play it 1 and 1/2 hours. T_T Only 9 stars for me so far.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
We can all forget the halo vs Brawl argument simply because Halo may look nice but Brawl will give us infinitly more hours of fun (unless of course you hate Smash Bros and love Halo, then its the other way around)

iMichael

Smash Lord
I just got the game...but I'm not gonna play it til Friday (college work)...but I love coming in here to see what you guys are talking about.....seems like you guys are getting stars pretty fast...is it that easy?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
We can all forget the halo vs Brawl argument simply because Halo may look nice but Brawl will give us infinitly more hours of fun (unless of course you hate Smash Bros and love Halo, then its the other way around)
Are you saying brawl doesnt look nice?Anyway a game doesn't work if it plays like 'poo' *cough*Halo3*cough*

*Steadily stands firm to 'Flame' all halo supporters with my Flames*

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I played Galaxy for about 4 hours last night - it isn't THAT hard of a game, but there are some missions that are challenging (and still fun), such as the Speed Runs, at least when you still aren't completely aquainted with a galaxy. =)

In any event, I wouldn't even compare the two games, as they are completely different genres, as so many of you pointed out. Nevertheless, one thing that can be said about both Galaxy and Brawl is that they will (currently is, for Galaxy) drive Wii sales through the roof... err, well past the stratosphere, as the roof has been blown completely away. ;-)

~Old Man Nintendo

The Director

Smash Lord
So are the 100 coin challenges finito? I only played a little bit last night (5 stars w00t) but I noticed that coins aren't as abundant as they were in Mario 64.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The new princess needs a Sexy Suit, maybe Sexy Suit Samus has a spare she can loan her.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
And Galaxy more than deserves that 11/10.

I'm trying to pace myself and enjoy every bit of Galaxy so I'm hoping I will still be playing it at least until January. Between this and Twilight Princess, I'll have two great games to tie me over until Brawl. So far I've only gotten about 8 stars but I'm seriously in love with this game.

And also, the Halo vs. Brawl argument was the dumbest thing from the beginning. There's no point in trying to compare those two. I can understand Galaxy vs. Brawl, but HALO? On top of that, I've always hated everything about Halo other than it's music so that's an automatic lose for me. And graphic wise, Halo is good but Brawl is really pushing the envelope for a wii game, it seems. Besides, when have graphics been the focal point of a game? Final Fantasy doesn't even sell off of graphics, and we all know how good Square is in that department.

Smash Ace
this is just assumption, but...
ZOMG BRAWL IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!1111
Why is that? becaise Sonic is in of course!!!11
and you can build your own stagez111!! nah, but I still think Brawl will top everything.
yes, XBOX fans, even your precious Halo.
=2007=

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
You know, This is what i hate the most about Brawl.

this is my opinion of course.

No one answered my question, is Yoshi in the game?
Spoiler?:
In a way. There is a planetoid shaped like Yoshi's head. (This has been in screenshots, but I'm marking it as a spoiler anyway) I don't know if Yoshi is in as a character that you can ride. I hope so, but I kinda doubt it :\

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

If anyone thinks that's a spoiler I'll delete it. I just think it's so beautiful everyone should see it.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
i just got the game today its awesome!! so far no yoshi except at the beginnnig of the game u can choose a yoshi icon for ur save file

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Galaxy is pretty awesome, but i'm already pretty far into the game, and i just got it yesterday.

Thats why i think brawl will be better.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I hope Nintendo makes more then one Mario game for Wii, I am getting sick of the one Mario game and move on routine
SNES - SMW
64 - Mario 64
Gamecube - both Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine were not top quality so not sure if I would truely count them.

I would also love to see a 4 player coop Mario game for once.
BTW can't wait to try Galaxy. I own it now but I am not near my Wii (it is in a different state then me at this moment).

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm buying a wii specifically for Brawl and Galaxy. No need to compare two great games. I would have never guessed I'd be buying a system for two games, but I am such a big fan of both franchises that I think it's necessary. I'll be satisfied with the two, but I'm also wondering which other games the wii will be great for in the future (all I can think of is mario kart).

volbound1700 said:
I hope Nintendo makes more then one Mario game for Wii, I am getting sick of the one Mario game and move on routine
I think nintendo would be fools not to at least try, but I can see why they haven't been doing it; They try to make a mario game the ultimate platforming gaming experience and this often takes lots of time. I can't be mad at them, given the quality of mario games in the past. I would say, however, that they have a pretty good chance of changing that routine just by judging the wii's success and innovations.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
4-player co-op Mario would be a lot like Little Big Planet, I imagine, sans the stage building. And just like that game, it would be impossible to keep everyone on the screen at once at times.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Well, if not 4-player, then why not 2 player? I think that would be a great idea.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Oh God, this game is so good. 51 stars now. Some of the later galaxies are excellent.

The Director: it is random, but there is a way to control it as well. I suggest talking to some of the Lumas in the observatory.

Also, we should just get a spoiler tag put on the thread title so we can talk freely about the game in here. Everyone should know to expect spoilers by now though.

The Director

Smash Lord
The Director: it is random, but there is a way to control it as well. I suggest talking to some of the Lumas in the observatory.
A way to control it? I talked to all the Lumas and none of them said anything about making the comets appear...do you have to complete the stars available before they appear?

Top Bottom