• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl vs Galaxy vs MK Wii

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I've beaten a few comets and have no idea how to make them appear. This game has the best music ever. I've saved
Luigi 2x

Brawl will never have the music this game has.

The Director

Smash Lord
I've only got 10 stars (like I said, trying to make this one last so the wait for Brawl isn't so unbearable...5 stars a day, people!) and completed all the star challenges in the terrace...should I just move onto the fountain? Will it tell me when a comet appears? Or do I have to go back to the terrace and just hope to find a comet? Cause if so that would suck. (a flaw in Galaxy??? no way!!)

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
A way to control it? I talked to all the Lumas and none of them said anything about making the comets appear...do you have to complete the stars available before they appear?

All I know is, I talked to a Luma who offered to move the comet for 30 star bits. He's not far from the platform you start on iirc. He should have been introduced to you the first time you encountered a comet.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
ya theres a purple lumas by the terrace who will move them
WOO 74 stars and counting

The Director

Smash Lord
The only thing the purple Luma by the Terrace wanted from me was 400 star bits to open the Sweet Sweet Galaxy. Every time I talk to him now, all he does is offer to take me there.

And once again, I still haven't even encountered a comet yet. I have the strategy guide (so far $30 has been a real good investment :rolleyes: ) and all that says is that 'when Mario returns to the Good Egg Galaxy it is shrouded in an orange glow created by the Speedy Comet'.

Now I know this is a stretch, but it's happened to me before...is it possible that my game save is corrupted? It happened to me in Knights of the Old Republic, and it basically made a certain thing never happen. If so, I'll just erase my save and start over. I'm only 10 stars in, anyway.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
The only thing the purple Luma by the Terrace wanted from me was 400 star bits to open the Sweet Sweet Galaxy. Every time I talk to him now, all he does is offer to take me there.

And once again, I still haven't even encountered a comet yet. I have the strategy guide (so far $30 has been a real good investment :rolleyes: ) and all that says is that 'when Mario returns to the Good Egg Galaxy it is shrouded in an orange glow created by the Speedy Comet'.

Now I know this is a stretch, but it's happened to me before...is it possible that my game save is corrupted? It happened to me in Knights of the Old Republic, and it basically made a certain thing never happen. If so, I'll just erase my save and start over. I'm only 10 stars in, anyway.
Listen dude they will appear later. First you need to wait until a cinamatic secen when you have that talk with Rosalina. She'll tell you about it and it some of the Prankster comets only appear after you get to the fountain. It also depends on how many stars you have. If you go back and look at other stage they should say Comet appeared when your looking at them from the space veiw. Then depending on which one it is will be the challenege you will do. Don't worry they will show up in time.

Cog

Smash Apprentice
I have also noticed that that you have to have at least 2-3 stars done in that galaxy to have a comet appear there. Then after you do another level, one should appear over the galaxy. There is only one per galaxy, and its already predetermined from what I have seen. I don't know what happens if you quite while in one though, like does it disapear or stay in orbit, who knows.
BTW I have around 70 stars so I have been around.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Just my personal criticsism towards Galaxy:
It's hub world down right sucks
It's way too easy
The spherical levels aren't as great as conventional levels
It's not Sunshine?

Sunshine was my first Mario experience so I guess I will be biased towards it. However, there is not denying that Delfino Plaza kicked some hub world ***.

The Director

Smash Lord
you need to wait until a cinamatic secen when you have that talk with Rosalina. She'll tell you about it and it some of the Prankster comets only appear after you get to the fountain.
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

So far the entire experience feels very similar to M64, but appears to be much prettier. What I really like about it is the fact that it's the true successor, not just M64 2.0. It's a completely new game, but it's got the spirit of M64.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

So far the entire experience feels very similar to M64, but appears to be much prettier. What I really like about it is the fact that it's the true successor, not just M64 2.0. It's a completely new game, but it's got the spirit of M64.

Yep. It's Mario 64, with better graphics, better music, better gameplay, more levels, more boss-type battles, more cinematic presentation, and a lot of fanservice to go with the well-designed levels.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Obviously Brawl can stand up to Galaxy, otherwise Nintendo would have tried harder to keep that holiday release. Brawl not having a holiday release helps games like Galaxy, and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

The Director

Smash Lord
I like the idea of Luigi being in there to help out a bit. He was missing from Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine.

Boy, he really likes ghost houses doesn't he? Even in space!

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I finished the Terrace but haven't seen a comet yet either, so you're not alone, The Director. I'm just following each Galaxy as it appears to me.

One negative I saw so far was that, I found the loop galaxy INCREDIBLY hard to control. I lost about 10 lives on that one level. Maybe it's just due to my lack of racing skills but yeah. I still don't see that as enough of a hindrance to lower the game's appeal in my eyes.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
One negative I saw so far was that, I found the loop galaxy INCREDIBLY hard to control. I lost about 10 lives on that one level. Maybe it's just due to my lack of racing skills but yeah. I still don't see that as enough of a hindrance to lower the game's appeal in my eyes.

Funny thing about the manta ray race... I tried doing it slowly and carefully at first and died every time. After about 5 tries I said "screw it, I'm gonna full throttle it and see how far I get". I never let up off the gas for one moment, and I finished the race on my first try.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
well i just finished the first bowser fight and it was amazing the whole feel of the level leading to bowser brought me right back to super mario 64, especially the music it was just awesome. Currently im at that beah bowl level and mana oh man does it look amazinfg the water efects ad everything asre gorgeous Mario galaxy is one of the best lookin games Ive eevry played, not to metion the most awesome platformer ever!!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
Is this just me, or when you are playing Galaxy, you got freakishly Marjora's Mask flashbacks. It's beginning to freak me out.

P.S. Aren't the Queen Bee's fur freakishly fluffy? I have the component video cable for the Wii.
yeah dude shes pretty fluffy. hi res cables are great makes the games look alot better

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I was making reference to the Observatory v.s. Delfino Plaza...
I was getting the impression you liked Sunshine better. If that wasn't your intention, my fault. I still don't like Delfino Plaza better, though. To be honest, I liked SM64 Castle hub the best. I don't know what it was, but jumping into the paintings was the best.

Top Bottom