• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl tourny poinciana FL

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is going to be a Brawl tournament on 8-14-10 in Poinciana, Florida the address of the place is 194 Anzio Dr. the venue is my friends house.

Prices
$5 singles

$5 doubles or $10 dollars team
Keeping it cheap lol!

Time
Singles registration starts at 1:00 p.m
Singles starts around 1:45 or 2:00 pm
Doubles registration starts after singles which could be around 4:30pm
Space: about 32 people please message me if you wanna compete.

Food will be provided but bringing drinks is recommended (No drinks in certain areas)
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!

We only have about five setups two of those will be solely devoted to friendlies the other three will be used strictly for tourney play you may bring setups if you want.

Tournament rules and format

The tourney will have a best 2 of 3 format for all rounds but semifinals and finals which will be 3 of 5

Tournament format is double elimination

All infinite grabs are banned but the Ice Climbers grab is legal till 150 damage

Stage listing and stage selection system

Final destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Frigate Orphen
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes
Castle Siege
Yoshi Island
Brinstar
Delfino

Stage selection goes as follow the first match's stage will be selected at random each player has one random redo it must be called before the match starts after the match is played the winner picks a stage to ban and loser picks the next stage and the process repeats

Procedure

Once your match has been played you must leave the Tv you were playing at your welcome to play at one of our friendly stations but please leave the Tv you were playing at after your match is finished 2nd 30% 3rd 10%

The payout will be the winner of singles gets half the singles admission and the doubles winner gets half the doubles admission 2nd 30% 3rd 10%

Now listen this tourney is semi serious its just w a way to celebrate summer vacation if u want to enter the tourney please email me at karateboy95@yahoo.com cause there is only so many people we can take due to venue size if you wanna come with friends its fine spectating is free and they can still play friendlies we want this to be a big tourney but not to big lol if u have any questions on anything I missed please send me an email.

I will post again when the limit of people we can take is reached

You may also text me at the number 407 520 9068

Also please no weirdos this tourney will probably only have people who are around 14 and 17 I'm just putting this post to get a little bit more people

Game rules are as any tourney three stock 8 min items off etc....

Doubles has team attack on 3 stock items off etc....

Attendance so far
1. FURY(me)
2.PIE!
3.KING1
4.DUKE
5.Ryne
6.Jacob Rodriguez
7.PUNK9
8.D-torr
9.danlex7
10.draconna
11.Josh Murphy(maybe?)
12.marcise(maybe)
13.Ray Barros
14.joe barros (maybe)
15.Aaron Herzog
16.Michael Fernandez
17.radix
18.gamedragonx
19.co18
20.rukuu
21.gallax
22.hiroi
23.kyon
24.xdeath

And I am capping it there sorry guys were getting pretty tight for space so whoever is on the list is who is probably going can't take anymore people.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ayo dtorr...make those ppl enjoy the competitive scene that way...they can go to the next NLL or next zp :3...they might also have cars!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
venue size if u wanna come with friends its fine spectating is free and they can still play friendlies we want this to be a big tourny but not to big lol
combine your tourney with holy smash. my venue is big enuff for 200 people and we are both in the same region on the same day. check out my thread and my attendance i have some big name players coming 3 are power ranked and most of florida is represented you would get a big taste of the meta game.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280644

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Oh boi.... now there is one closer..... hmmm.... gdx will be at apex so I need a partner. Im sure they won't murge them together. Poinciana is here and Holy smash is abit off. What to do...

Exdeath

Smash Master
If you hold this a week later, I will come. Holy Smash has a really nice venue, good TO, etc. though, so it has priority. :(

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Viper's offer is a really good one. I'd take it.

The more the merrier, we can't split attendance.

Time
Runs
Away

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
I will have to talk to my friend cus this week might be the only week we can have the house cus of his parents I would love merging but poinciana is a little to far off from holy smash we have other friends in our neighborhood who want to attend but wont be able to if we merge but thanks for the offer of merging I will see if I can do this a week later

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
The date has been changed!!!!!

I sat down and talked with my friend and we have decided to change the date to August 14, 2010 due to the holy smash tourney being held on the same day we had ours planned we cannot merge due to the fact that their venue is a little to far off for us and other people in our neighborhood who want to compete in ours but thank you for the offer viper i appreciate it!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I sat down and talked with my friend and we have decided to change the date to August 14, 2010 due to the holy smash tourney being held on the same day we had ours planned we cannot merge due to the fact that their venue is a little to far off for us and other people in our neighborhood who want to compete in ours but thank you for the offer viper i appreciate it!
thank you i hope you get a great turn out for you event on the 14th and if you can make holy smash i will see you there

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Wow now I cant go. Going to the south florida Tourny. I still say keep this the same cause im sure not many people from ucf or anything was going to this. But its your choice. Sorry Torres

Noa.

Smash Master
Whoa I just realizes that we choose the first stage through clicking random.

Can we change that?

Please?

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
No u don't have to email me just post ur going and to the stage selection I'll edit it so u have the choice between stage striking and random my friends and i personally prefer random with the random redo but we will leave the option open we left it random cus most of the people going have not been on the florida smash scene so we felt random was easier

Noa.

Smash Master
Ok fine.

I'll go. Some of my friends will also probably go, but I'll let you know exactly how many soon.

Top Bottom