• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: This **** just got real

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
yeah you are probably right, i was just pretty much saying that you cant just do it like in melee, sorry, i was investing my time in figuring out how to build the metagame for a new competitive scene, glad you were all on top of figuring out what buttons to hold on select screens!!! your help is appreciated
i cant tell if your being sarcastic

>_>

<_<

sarcastic or not, your welcome....someone had to do it.

i had a pretty huge amount of time with the game so i have a few curiosities i had to check out that i thought of after like 5 hours. how all that worked was one of them....

plus im a zelda/shiek player.

i also believe that the player shouldnt have to fight the game. so the first thing i do in every game is learn the interface and customize controls (if i feel it needs it)....but thats a whole other story :chuckle:

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
So Wes, who are you gonna main in Brawl? Sticking to the good ol'cap? Or rather Luigi? ;)

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
Thanks a million, bud! This is a great read! I've had faith that brawl would be good since I knew it was coming, even when I hear a lot of people nay-saying. But it's still great to hear specifics about the game. Everything just sounds so interesting, so thanks again for the awesome read.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
thanks for the interest to the people that have been reading, i know it isnt an easy read as it is just a conversation via aim from two people just chatting with each other. i think what i will do is (and this wont be until at least monday) clean the thread up myself, put bulletin points with key notes, and add new information i learn over the weekend, maybe i might get some ****ty matches up (but we should be getting a good camera soon guys) and i still have a lot to learn, as does everyone who has this game. As far as characters go, i have no idea who i'll play, i think that'll take a while for everyoen figure out, hell, i havent even tried falcon yet haha, but who knows, could be anyone i suppose, but def. the more support i get the more i'll put up, i too am tired of people simply saying (this isn't melee) and putting it down, i know 100 guys didnt work full time for 2 years on a game thats not going to be good. and i'll do anything i can to extend the community.

GAwes

Handorin

Smash Hero
This thread is too good.
Wes is too good.
Brawl is too good.

This def got my hopes higher. =D

felix45

Smash Lord
when I get brawl I'm gonna figure out a way to toadstool cancel all my attacks hahaha :p

hmmm well I do think it sucks that everything sweet spots the edge now because that is going to make metaknight and characters have a huge advantage over others, but hopefully people will figure something out so we all dont end up playing kirby, jigz, metaknight, and dedede....lol

I kept telling people in my tourney thread that they weren't giving brawl a chance. I guess this proves me right :)
I think a year from now we'll know if brawl is really deep or if skill required to play well is that of a 12 year old (aka like how anyone can play jigz in melee lol) but it sounds like for now we're off to a good start.

Zek

Smash Ace
About the shield button, you could just hold the trigger down all the time. It's not really hard, though modding the controller would certainly make it easier.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I can trust GAWes' assesment of Brawl with his smash ability (terrible).

Unless there is vids of course.
Do you have to ****ing flame everyone? God dammit, AZEN SAID THAT THE GAME IS AWESOME SO STFU

Revven

FrankerZ
thanks for the interest to the people that have been reading, i know it isnt an easy read as it is just a conversation via aim from two people just chatting with each other. i think what i will do is (and this wont be until at least monday) clean the thread up myself, put bulletin points with key notes, and add new information i learn over the weekend, maybe i might get some ****ty matches up (but we should be getting a good camera soon guys) and i still have a lot to learn, as does everyone who has this game. As far as characters go, i have no idea who i'll play, i think that'll take a while for everyoen figure out, hell, i havent even tried falcon yet haha, but who knows, could be anyone i suppose, but def. the more support i get the more i'll put up, i too am tired of people simply saying (this isn't melee) and putting it down, i know 100 guys didnt work full time for 2 years on a game thats not going to be good. and i'll do anything i can to extend the community.

GAwes
Awesome, I look forward to videos if you guys can get that equipment set up and everything. I'm really looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I am glad to hear this. This is getting me more excited by the minute, reading all the possibilities for characters.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Mmmmm'k, I'm back now.

If this doesn't silence the Melee elitists, nothing will.

And yes, I read all that . . . fear me.

Edit: lol@Azen being terrible.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Oh snapple caps NOICE thanks a mill for the info.

p.S

Why cant we effing play brawl!!!!!!!!!!! >:O Dammit I dont wanna wait EHHHHHHHEHEHEHEHEHE ;;-;;

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
about the having to push the shield button all the way...I think this is because light shield was taken out of the game.

There no need to modify your controller for this, just move shield to a different button. ^^
It was taken out because the wiimote and nunchuck can't be held slightly.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully this will at least shut up a FEW whiners. This game will be better than Melee, and the fact that we don't know WHY is a GOOD thing. The longer it takes people to learn secrets and techniques, the deeper it is. Seriously, if we knew everything there was to know in a week, the game would suck. Melee took time, Brawl will take even more time, and that's a GOOD thing.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The fact that Wes is ONLY talking about Luigi bothers me. Tell him to go play with other characters if this game is so "character based." I want more news on Lucario and Ness, darnit!

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
I. Just. Came.

twice.

I knew this was coming, but never did I expect it before two months after the game's release. This game is way better than Melee. **** yeah!

ksadkiller

Smash Apprentice
**** that was a good read i honestly encourage people to actually read that. i didnt think it was possible but i actually want brawl more now

Top Bottom