• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Oh Joel, i already enumerated everything last time in person. I think making it biweekly again might be better too.

Also as for ideas for a crew battle, aside from Zaf's crappy idea for theme, how about we do this:

Heroes vs Villains (and rivals)

?

swordgard

Smash Hero
As far as i know King Dedede is a hero, and kirby, although he is a hero, keeps doing stupid things and puts dreamland into danger then fixes everything, while dedede had usually found a simpler and safer solution.

As for ice climbers, they have no evil counterparts just like dk and diddy.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Dedede (Evil) vs Kirby (hero)
Bowser (evil) vs Mario (Hero)
Wolf (Evil) Vs Fox (Hero)

That's what I said in the last page...

Sword, you don't remember the old mario? DK vs mario could be a good one as well.

I'd like to see Pit vs Samus or Pit vs Mario or Pit vs Link.

Kid icarus was able to rivalize against Metroid, Zelda and even a bit of mario back on NES it was a very successful game.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
When i issued the idea, I wasn't making it character specific, i was just saying we could have a team of good guys vs a team of bad guys.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Sonic sucks, I would play Sonic over Mario, thus, i would be on the loosing team, yet again.

But im really wanting to do this Protagonist against Antagonist thing.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
playing for fun involve loosing to me *******. Brawl is too boring for me to want to try and go for the win. its like playing starcraft with only marines, zergling and zealot.

If you want I'll beat you with pit, I'll spam arrow and stuff, quite the fun there, playing competitivly brawl is too much fun. Melee was faster and left place for random moves. now its just bad, really bad. Spammin your best move, is all that matters. GET THE BRAWL ON lolz.

I'm gonna play Ness for fun maybe, shame on those who infinite grab me, I'll just leave the match so you can feel glorious.
Imo, if you want to spam arrows, and "make the game boring", it's your own fault. Brawl can be fun, but you don't put your heart to it because the game is campy, bla bla bla, etc. Play the game in a way that it becomes fun. Besides, pit's arrows aren't as bad as falco's lazers in melee imo, and it's not like it's super hard to get to pit. Plus pit has sweet combos.

also, I know jack **** about SC, but from what I heaaaard, every time a species would take over, someone would develop a new strat with another race, and ****.

way to balance tier. bottom tier against god tier. no one besides me knows how to play sonic.

FAILURE

Mario vs Sonic is epic though I doubt there would be enough sonics
has anyone seen daisy fan since I made him QQ after ****** him during a crew battle at GW with wolf?

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Oh ****, come to think of it, i havent....

Maybe he pulled the trigger on himself...

Anyway, anyone comming over to my place tomorrow for some preweekly training?

Alopex

Smash Ace
I'll be going there tomorrow. Looks like this will be my first time. I'm looking forward to it, especially the part where I get to learn by watching others who are not my friend-rival, who only plays Pit and Sonic. Maybe this way I'll learn new tactics against him.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
So i was in the shower and i thought of yet another fun issue were going to have with Gamer's World.

According to what Joel said, we now have to bring one less Wii because they now bought one. You know what that means?

It means that we get to bring one less wii, get one less rebate in return for not having a full roster of characters on that wii until their unlocked.

Nice trade off.

zaf

Smash Lord
Zaf, it's going to be a good occasion to do some doubles.
true that

also, I know jack **** about SC, but from what I heaaaard, every time a species would take over, someone would develop a new strat with another race, and ****.
you been spending too much time with john eric, and yes that is how sc usually works. Bisu had every zerg ****ting their pants, but now he is never winning any games. There are too much counters in sc for there to be one great strat. Brawl can be the same

Oh ****, come to think of it, i havent....

Maybe he pulled the trigger on himself...

Anyway, anyone comming over to my place tomorrow for some preweekly training?
ill come and pick you guys up again kirt, but i want to work out a bit before i come so ill only be there for like 5

*64 radar's on* Who brings the 64??? I wanna play 64 !! o_O

I'll be comming for sure, then. >.>
im bringing a 64 noob, l2r.

I will re-stat everything i did on sunday before i went to lachute.

I am bringing an extra tv.
I am bringing a n64 with smash 64, I would like for people to bring 64 controllers please.
I am bringing my wii with brawl/melee.
I am bringing a halo3 poster which has been lamenated for a small tourney

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Well, the crew sucked...xD

My pikachu is unbeaten ! It's sad that so many people prefer brawl, I wanted some challenge on 64 =(

Kage: I really do want speacial melee training, I think I have potential,
you can even ask BAM !

No, but seriously =O.

Anyone is up for something tomorrow or friday? No need to be about smash, but I'd be fun, anyway.. >.>

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
YES! I can reply!

Hi guys. I'm not sure if you guys still do this weekly stuff? I live in Montreal (Right by the Bell Centre, it's actually right next to me).

I'm not sure where Decarie is though. I have a Wii, Brawl and two Wii-Motes and a GCN controller. Are you guys able to mapquest me directions of some sort?

And is it always Wednesday in the evening? I have my video-game testing job from 3:30 to 11:30 on weekdays D; I've been looking for tournies, players, anyone in Montreal to play with me~

zaf

Smash Lord
YES! I can reply!

Hi guys. I'm not sure if you guys still do this weekly stuff? I live in Montreal (Right by the Bell Centre, it's actually right next to me).

I'm not sure where Decarie is though. I have a Wii, Brawl and two Wii-Motes and a GCN controller. Are you guys able to mapquest me directions of some sort?

And is it always Wednesday in the evening? I have my video-game testing job from 3:30 to 11:30 on weekdays D; I've been looking for tournies, players, anyone in Montreal to play with me~
Hello pound cake,

yes we still do the weeklies, yesterday was our biggest one to date. We might be moving it to bi-weeklies but that is still unconfirmed so do not go by what i say.

The internet cafe/hobby shop we play in is called gamers world right beside snowdown metro. It is very easy to get to. It is directly across the street of snowdon.

4986 Queen Mary
Montreal, QC H3W 1X2
(514) 788-5389

Yes it is always wednesday evenings, but we do host smash-fests at our places. There is usually one of those a week at someones house, we usually post the info. You are welcome to those, provided there is room. If you have been looking for tournies and players then you found the place.

welcome ^^

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Bi-weeklies, means twice a week right?
Wow, I can't believe it's so popular, I thought you'd guys be a small community. D: I'll get lost in the world of Smash.

Is that far from Bonaventure/ St-Catherine? I could take the metro if that Snowdon place is a metro stop or rather close.

Terrific! I'm free on weekends and such. :3 Or when school starts, this place will still be up, right? So I can go after CEGEP and the likes.

Is there any guarantee that those who bring their Wii will not have it stolen or taken? Another silly question, but, if I bring my Wii (I probably won't sadly, it's a huge thing to lug around), how will I have all my characters and such saved on my game. Is it saved on the Wii or Wii mote.

Top Bottom