• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

zaf

Smash Lord
Bi-weeklies, means twice a week right?
Wow, I can't believe it's so popular, I thought you'd guys be a small community. D: I'll get lost in the world of Smash.

Is that far from Bonaventure/ St-Catherine? I could take the metro if that Snowdon place is a metro stop or rather close.

Terrific! I'm free on weekends and such. :3 Or when school starts, this place will still be up, right? So I can go after CEGEP and the likes.

Is there any guarantee that those who bring their Wii will not have it stolen or taken? Another silly question, but, if I bring my Wii (I probably won't sadly, it's a huge thing to lug around), how will I have all my characters and such saved on my game. Is it saved on the Wii or Wii mote.
Snowdon is a metro stop, if im not mistaken it is on the blue line?

I believe this will still be up when school starts, it is based upon the show up of people imo.

There is 100% guarantee that no wii will be stolen imo. Everyone is there to watch them all. I felt the same way in the beginning but i bring mine every week. Those who manage to bring their wii first and it is used get a $2 rebate on the entrance fee.

Everything from brawl is saved on the wii, it uses the internal memory to save everything, so all of your "names" will still be there. If you want to bring your "names" you can save them to a wii mote and load them to another wii.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Bi-weekly means every second week.

Bringing names dont do anything other then bringing a name, no control schemes or anything. So i wouldnt bother bringing your wii since everyone already brigns theirs and only like the first 2-3 people to arrive get the 2$ rebate.

Snowdon is the metro Snowdon and Gamer's World is located right in front of the metro exit. Snowdon itself is on the orange/blue line (its a hub).

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
GG's to everyone I played ystd (Calm, Steb, Kr3wman, Damax, and sorry, but I forgot a couple :S ) looking forward to playing you all again

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Not N64.

I thought I was pretty good at Melee. Brawl is a bit tougher to used to. I'm having this hard trouble getting my Smash hits registered. Before, I could lazily do A and any directional button on melee, now they have to be together at a precise good time and it's really messing me up.

I played this guy at Concordia who was a really good Link Player, I can't recall his name and he was renowned for something I don't remember~

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Okay, wanna come over to my place, today? I have nothing to do and I wanna play melee and brawl..I don't mind, lol.

If you have melee that is because mine is at my bros. house.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I cant host a smashfest anymore cause the only day i have off is saturday and its the only day left i can fix the house back to normal before my parents arrive (they get here on monday)

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Aw, someone needs to host a smashfest so I can come over on the weekends D: (as long as it isn't too far, a.k.a near a metro stop or something~)

Damax: You play link?
Are you asian per chance too? XDD

zaf

Smash Lord
Aw, someone needs to host a smashfest so I can come over on the weekends D: (as long as it isn't too far, a.k.a near a metro stop or something~)

Damax: You play link?
Are you asian per chance too? XDD
LOl i think we all know who pound cake is talking about

RALPH!!!!!

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
o.o Are you sure?

He goes to Concordia and is in my sister's class I think (Rebecca). My sister hosts these Nintendo/ Retro convention things to raise money for some exposition~

My brother won this year's smash tourney (He beat me D: )
but I won last year.

and I beat that Asian guy during this year's convention (we were somewhat equal, I think he's a lot better than me though), but he whooped me so bad last year on melee x___x;;

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yesterday was awesome. Getting to play Smash 64 and have way too many 'wtf' moments because of the sucky controllers was way too good.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I havent played Nathaniel in a while, how is he these days?

And Nat doesn't go to concordia; the kid barely looks like he's out of high school, let alone university.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Lol.

We have trouble distinguishing who it was?

Let me enumerate it for you guys:

1. He's Asian, in College, attends my sister's class which is Computation Arts or something of the sort, could be java or web-design. I dunno, something computer-tech. Maybe Computer Sciences .___. (I'm going into Cegep, so I don't know much yet)
2. He plays Link, quite skilled in my opinion. Likes to use bomb, boomerang and arrows to screw the player up.
3. I was going to say renowned for the tournies he's won, but I think that's just hearsay. He's about my height (5'9-5'11?).

I'll ask my sister tomorrow morning.

Damax

Smash Lord
Lol.

We have trouble distinguishing who it was?

Let me enumerate it for you guys:

1. He's Asian, in College, attends my sister's class which is Computation Arts or something of the sort, could be java or web-design. I dunno, something computer-tech. Maybe Computer Sciences .___. (I'm going into Cegep, so I don't know much yet)
2. He plays Link, quite skilled in my opinion. Likes to use bomb, boomerang and arrows to screw the player up.
3. I was going to say renowned for the tournies he's won, but I think that's just hearsay. He's about my height (5'9-5'11?).

I'll ask my sister tomorrow morning.
he prolly won some tournies he made with his friends. there was 10 participant, including his dog and father.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Heard it from a grapevine, so I may be actually making **** up.

Nate does sound familiar to be honest. He has glasses and carries a green backpack if that's any help.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Is it okay for you guys that Calm and me may be playing GG since we both arrive so soon? I mean, I don't want to offend anybody by playing another fighting game at a Smash Weekly...

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i'd say just ask Gamersworld. their venue, plus if no one else is around, who's to complain? (hint: not joel =D)

zaf

Smash Lord
he prolly won some tournies he made with his friends. there was 10 participant, including his dog and father.
LOL, damax for president.

Heard it from a grapevine, so I may be actually making **** up.

Nate does sound familiar to be honest. He has glasses and carries a green backpack if that's any help.
asian
plays link
has glasses.

anyone else thinking ralph?

Is it okay for you guys that Calm and me may be playing GG since we both arrive so soon? I mean, I don't want to offend anybody by playing another fighting game at a Smash Weekly...

thats kinda something we touched on before, asking if we could play street fighter at times. The night is designated for smash bros melee/brawl and it starts at 6 which is when i do usually show up at with people. So if you do come at the time it starts you will have people to play against.

kr3wman

Smash Master
What's GG?

How come the two of you just don't hook something separate at your house or something :3
Guilty Gear is an anime-based fighting game which incorporates Gothic elements, and has one of the best soundtracks of any fighting game ever.

And I live on the most east side of town, and it takes from 1h30/45 to get to Gamer's world. Because I have guitar practices wesnedays, I save up on bus tickets by using the correspondance, but that means that arrive at the GW at ~4:50/5:00.

Since most people arrive in between 6:00/6:30, I figured me and Calm could play some GG while were waiting for everybody to arrive. I'm bad at it(The extant of my game knowledge is playing it at an arcade for 5minutes against a CPU), but I've been trying to reach out a little bit into other fighting games.

zaf

Smash Lord
Guilty Gear is an anime-based fighting game which incorporates Gothic elements, and has one of the best soundtracks of any fighting game ever.

And I live on the most east side of town, and it takes from 1h30/45 to get to Gamer's world. Because I have guitar practices wesnedays, I save up on bus tickets by using the correspondance, but that means that arrive at the GW at ~4:50/5:00.

Since most people arrive in between 6:00/6:30, I figured me and Calm could play some GG while were waiting for everybody to arrive. I'm bad at it(The extant of my game knowledge is playing it at an arcade for 5minutes against a CPU), but I've been trying to reach out a little bit into other fighting games.
you will have to take it up with gamers world. You are using their tvs and possibly their console for the game? So you will have to pay them for the usage of that. IF you want to play for an hour before we get there it is not up to us.

kr3wman

Smash Master
you will have to take it up with gamers world. You are using their tvs and possibly their console for the game? So you will have to pay them for the usage of that. IF you want to play for an hour before we get there it is not up to us.
k.

10chars.

Top Bottom