• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey kage i was wondering if you wanted to get a place together. and you better come to this weekly

watch chet play my mk, you will see a lot of good ****, such as up b spike lol..

chet, is that like 100% guaranteed or something? never once missed
oh snap lol

umm, well learn to sweetspot I guess. most MKs think their up+B is magical, so they don't bother to sweetspot, they just up+b trying to hit the guy while recovering. I knew where are the weaknesses of MK, so it was easy to punish it.
then why don't we do a MK vs Marth crew battle this week
I'll be confirming for this week
no.

Damax

Smash Lord
Lmao, zaf. You know there is people that have nothing to eat and you're going to throw your money off so easyly? =P
wasting money? its more like a good investment. also its kind of a old marine corp's rent no?

I'll play brawl too. though I'm looking for a new main (cough sonic sucks cough)

I'm leaning toward snake or MK... WRONG... I wanna play for fun so I'm thinking about Pit LOL.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Well, with my experience playing pit, he was pretty fun for awhile and he's good enough to hold his own, but eventually you'll probably get tired of doing the same **** over and over. It's really funny because Pit racks damage quite easily but can't kill worth ****. I'd probably be playing Pit still if Mario didn't have such a broken Dair and UpSmash hitbox.

did i trip into bizarro world or something
Rofl.

Yeah so we'll try to have the same **** going on this week that we should have had last time. 2 Brawl TV's 1 Melee 1 64. Maybe we can do something interesting.

EDIT: Also, not sure if I forgot to mention but there is a Wii at GamersWorld now, so there only be 3 rebates given. zaf I suggest you only present your Wii at the beginning so someone else who brings a Wii gets a rebate as well, instead of the 64 getting another slot.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Lmao @ Damax. =P

If anyone wanna play brawl or melee (if you have it) come over at my home, I can take people 'till 10h30 after it's either we go somewhere else or we all go to our respectives houses.

if more then 1-2 people are up for it I'll post how to get here.

zaf

Smash Lord
Well, with my experience playing pit, he was pretty fun for awhile and he's good enough to hold his own, but eventually you'll probably get tired of doing the same **** over and over. It's really funny because Pit racks damage quite easily but can't kill worth ****. I'd probably be playing Pit still if Mario didn't have such a broken Dair and UpSmash hitbox.

Rofl.

Yeah so we'll try to have the same **** going on this week that we should have had last time. 2 Brawl TV's 1 Melee 1 64. Maybe we can do something interesting.

EDIT: Also, not sure if I forgot to mention but there is a Wii at GamersWorld now, so there only be 3 rebates given. zaf I suggest you only present your Wii at the beginning so someone else who brings a Wii gets a rebate as well, instead of the 64 getting another slot.
sure thing, i wanna save as much twoonies for people as i can.

btw i think i found a new place for our weeklies

"c"lets house o.o!

discuss!

Damax

Smash Lord
playing for fun is for people who don't have fun cuz they lose all the time, stop saying that **** people

also, play marth, pit's a ****er.
playing for fun involve loosing to me *******. Brawl is too boring for me to want to try and go for the win. its like playing starcraft with only marines, zergling and zealot.

If you want I'll beat you with pit, I'll spam arrow and stuff, quite the fun there, playing competitivly brawl is too much fun. Melee was faster and left place for random moves. now its just bad, really bad. Spammin your best move, is all that matters. GET THE BRAWL ON lolz.

I'm gonna play Ness for fun maybe, shame on those who infinite grab me, I'll just leave the match so you can feel glorious.

zaf

Smash Lord
playing for fun involve loosing to me *******. Brawl is too boring for me to want to try and go for the win. its like playing starcraft with only marines, zergling and zealot.

If you want I'll beat you with pit, I'll spam arrow and stuff, quite the fun there, playing competitivly brawl is too much fun. Melee was faster and left place for random moves. now its just bad, really bad. Spammin your best move, is all that matters. GET THE BRAWL ON lolz.

I'm gonna play Ness for fun maybe, shame on those who infinite grab me, I'll just leave the match so you can feel glorious.
remember our melee money matches

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I got a funny one for you guys.

som1 online: ''I just 3 stocked your main ''kirby'' you suck.'' Then I pick MK and beat him. ''Stop camping, noob.'' I'm like ''Huhuh?'' Right in the last match best of 3 he camps me with G&W and do an infinite down tilt on pokemon stadium. Then he's like ''Lmao, stop camping next time''

That was on a ladder match, I think I officially quit brawl, though, now. Brawl is a game with no future in tournaments. People say we didn't discover eveything of it, duh, the only thing it lacks is more to discover on MK and snake on how even more broken they are.

Melee and 64, here I come ! I swear I will practice melee like a ho and go in tournaments. Same for 64, but online. I doubt I'll be going to anymore weeklies as brawl is the center of attention. I might come sometimes to smashfests for melee.

Damax

Smash Lord
I got a funny one for you guys.

som1 online: ''I just 3 stocked your main ''kirby'' you suck.'' Then I pick MK and beat him. ''Stop camping, noob.'' I'm like ''Huhuh?'' Right in the last match best of 3 he camps me with G&W and do an infinite down tilt on pokemon stadium. Then he's like ''Lmao, stop camping next time''

That was on a ladder match, I think I officially quit brawl, though, now. Brawl is a game with no future in tournaments. People say we didn't discover eveything of it, duh, the only thing it lacks is more to discover on MK and snake on how even more broken they are.

Melee and 64, here I come ! I swear I will practice melee like a ho and go in tournaments. Same for 64, but online. I doubt I'll be going to anymore weeklies as brawl is the center of attention. I might come sometimes to smashfests for melee.
lets play 64 online sometime, I'm a beast. well I was but whatever.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Anytime you want, damax, I need to fix my kaillera settings first, something is messed up.

Btw, anyone knows where I can find an adapter to put a GC controller in USB (pc) I'd use it for 64.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
So the next weekly is confirmed to be on the 30th right? juss checkin cause it hasn't been updated on the first page... I might attend this one... hopefully ppl will remember Brawl still exists and won't be too hooked on the N64 :(

zaf

Smash Lord
So the next weekly is confirmed to be on the 30th right? juss checkin cause it hasn't been updated on the first page... I might attend this one... hopefully ppl will remember Brawl still exists and won't be too hooked on the N64 :(
yes it is every wednesday. Gamer's world runs the weeklies, not joel. Joel just set it up, so you dont go by what it says on the first page. Yes, there are still people who know brawl exists. Which is why this weekly did come back, and the n64 is a trial thing. A lot of people do not like the game and complain about it when they lost cough*chet*cough. So i do not know if i will bring back the 64.

Gamers world does have a smashboards account noiw. So if the weekly is canceled or anything they will inform us.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I'm this close to giving up on the weeklies.

To many things about it disappoint me (us) these days about it.

I'll try to come to this one, but after this one (and especially if there are things that are still much wrong about it) that will be it for me.

Damax

Smash Lord
I'm this close to giving up on the weeklies.

To many things about it disappoint me (us) these days about it.

I'll try to come to this one, but after this one (and especially if there are things that are still much wrong about it) that will be it for me.
wtf? dissapointed by what?

I guess every week is too often. that's prolly what they are trying to prove and thats why they canceled last one, even if it is not. lets see if we get more people (excluding me and vwins as this will be my first time and last time for brawl due to work)

if there's a crew battle put me in with Sonic, I still think he is badass.

zaf

Smash Lord
wtf? dissapointed by what?

I guess every week is too often. that's prolly what they are trying to prove and thats why they canceled last one, even if it is not. lets see if we get more people (excluding me and vwins as this will be my first time and last time for brawl due to work)

if there's a crew battle put me in with Sonic, I still think he is badass.
there are several problems with gamers world, but i dont think that there being a weekly every week is a problem. One of the major problems is that if you bring a wii, and you are not one of the first 4 people with a wii you do not get the discount. Which sucks, because you never really know who is going to bring a wii, sometimes people say they will come to the weekly and they dont show. Or like last weekly, i brought my wii but wasnt one of the first 4. Two people left a bit later and i took out my wii for people to use, and i didnt get rebated for the use of my equipment.

Also, i forgot to note that i will be bringing an extra tv to this coming weekly, for the nintendo 64. I dont find it right to take away a wii that someone brought for the 64.

and this weekly is a mk vs marth crew battle i believe =P
better be coming chet

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Other than the rebate thing, is there anything else that bother you guys? I don't really see anything wrong with the place, other than the location for some people.

Yeah I think they should make it biweekly again. There was a one time where no one went and last week's was canceled. Having this every week is too often.

And does it really have to be a Meta Knight/Marth crew? That doesn't sound so fun.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, MK vs Marth is lame a**, I can see these two characters fight all the time, at least C.Falcon and Ganon had some merit for being less frequent.

Luckily, I will not be there to attend it : P

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Thanks for the feedback guys, this is exactly what I want to hear. If there are any more things you want to bring up please do so.

Kirt, please specify, and if you have anything to say, please say it.

I'll talk to them about changing it to a bi-weekly if that's what everyone wants.

MK vs Marth is IMO a stupid crew battle idea. I'll try to think of something wacky for this week...

Oh yeah, everyone remember that there is a Halo 3 plaque up for grabs, courtesy of zaf! :p

Top Bottom