• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's because they want to remove everything that made Brawl Brawl (which, in itself may be a good thing depending on how you look at it) but they just keep taking things off that are fine the way they are. Because of that, they're just dumbing down the game just because it's wouldn't be newb-friendly.

But if you take out everything that isn't noob-friendly, you get no depth at all.

My take on this.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
'C'let's has the right idea, lol. I find Brawl+ fun. Its ******** though, and I understand why some people would hate. It's like playing Brawl in WTF mode. I'm sad more people are considering quitting because of its popularity now :(.

Anyways, on the funny side, GamersWorld is starting SF4 weeklies on Tuesday nights. I can't really imagine the attendance being high.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
'C'let's has the right idea, lol. I find Brawl+ fun. Its ******** though, and I understand why some people would hate. It's like playing Brawl in WTF mode. I'm sad more people are considering quitting because of its popularity now :(.

Anyways, on the funny side, GamersWorld is starting SF4 weeklies on Tuesday nights. I can't really imagine the attendance being high.
Wtf are they thinking, Cine Express already has Tuesday nights lolllll with every top montreal pros there.

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's because tuesdays they also have the United Fighting System trading card game there so they figured that people that were into that would also be in the real game.

but still.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

swordgard

Smash Hero
For some odd reason, I feel Brawl + has no deepness at all. I can't say why though. In melee and in brawl, there was something that could keep me motivated to play, but B+, something's missing, and I can't get a grasp on it. So yeah; Brawl + just sucks, and if it continues like that, I might just end up like Agora is feeling towards leaving Smash. This is stupid, a single hack destroyed a game and it's comnunity.

Meh its simple.

Take a look at it this way.

Melee: Making a mistake in defense even if its easily done or was random, results sometimes in a 0 to death, but this combo can be easily missed too.
Brawl: Making a mistake in defense is hard, so is making a combo actually, but a combo will give you a definite advantage which is hard to take back.

Brawl+: Same as melee, making a mistake is easy in defense, but the comboes are ridiculously easy to do. So 1 random mistake can get you killed often . Each combo gets repetitive and DI influence and SDI has been reduced to something similar to Smash 64. This game also has very little "poke moves", which melee had , which balanced comboes and safeoptions. They are dumbing the game down, where you at momentum cancel : (

Crowned by the fact that the game is led by people who arent necessarly the best at it and make changes only dependant on what they feel is the more "enjoyable" and on the community input(which can sometimes be good but also often bad, you just have to whine to get your char buffed/another nerfed granted you provide the right vids).

EDIT: Tech, dont leave, theres always gonna be me dom guard kingkong and alot of other people who will play brawl.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I've mainly just been playing melee recently and I've probably improved a bit since last I was in Montreal. I'm currently in at Chicago O'hare airport waiting for my flight that keeps getting delayed. But I'll be back in mtl later today.

Jer

Smash Ace
Noone gives a crap about what you care about Swordgard, most of us are trolls, but please talk to us in person before you judge us on a forum.

@Krew: JV 2 STOCK

Bye Rion, great games.

I actually managed to beat Joel a couple times yesterday, maybe it was because of a certain reason...

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Wtf are they thinking, Cine Express already has Tuesday nights lolllll with every top montreal pros there.
I don't think they know about the Cine Express' weeklies.
It's because tuesdays they also have the United Fighting System trading card game there so they figured that people that were into that would also be in the real game.

but still.
Oh that makes sense.

I'll check next week to see how the attendance is, and if any, the level of competition there. And then I'll go to Cine express and get my *** kicked like always :(.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I would have posted earlier, but I ran into some problems when I got home...

It was great to play everyone! Glad to have Ally back too.

"Come fall into my obvious traps some more please!" <= ; ; Way to own me Steb.

> Fizzi uses DownB and turns into Rion!

> Rion uses DownB and turns into Fizzi!

And then it'll happen again 4~ months later... ;x

We'll see about entering Delo's Brawl+ Tournament! Until then, have good games everyone~

zaf

Smash Lord
Brawl + is more like a game of chess i find. There are many ways to play it but one wrong move can upset the whole match. Some people are just really good at finding ways to upset the match. Not everyone is tech chasing and that is a huge part of brawl +. A lot of damage comes from properly punishing your opponents techs and their rolls. I much prefer brawl+ because it has combo's and it is a lot harder. Its nothing like melee, but at the same time i can see similarities. Melee was hard and i guess that is why most people are now frowning upon brawl+ because it is hard and some people have an upper hand with their character at the moment, but if we just keep practicing then we'll all get better and enjoy it. Brawl was boring and it is just a game of get in and get out. With practically no combo's.

Tech, you can't find something to grasp on to with the game, but just try finding new ways to get in. You play falco ffs lol. When i was being beasted by holy last night i was trying to find something to get in. SO i just tried dash dancing more to confuse him and following his techs and i got a lot more grabs in then i usually do. Playing with holy taught me a few things, you can do the same.

If we all watch a replay of holy, we will all see he grabs so much and it is usually because he follows his techs. I dont know why we all cant just start doing that.

Once again rion, it was great to see you these past weeks and i look forward to playing with you in the future.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Noone gives a crap about what you care about Swordgard, most of us are trolls, but please talk to us in person before you judge us on a forum.

@Krew: JV 2 STOCK

Bye Rion, great games.

I actually managed to beat Joel a couple times yesterday, maybe it was because of a certain reason...

Just to clear this up, you guys are troll, but only on the forums. Not irl.

Well as far as i know(we dont exactly hang out >.>).

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ya, there ya go, you can't take people seriously if all you do is being sarcastic. I have a friend at Babel who's usually sarcastic so I can never tell when he's being sarcastic or not.. and that kind of fails because then you will always expect something out of him and assume things that are not correct. I personally would rather stay clear and truthful.. even if that takes seriousness into it, I don't give a **** what anybody thinks of that.
No offense but, you have noooo sense of sarcasm. If I added /sarcasm at the end of this sentence, your brain would retire.
And whats even more sad is that the trolls are taking more place than most players.

Its true though, this is getting really really repetitive and kinda annoying.
I just don't want the people to think of us as a joke.
We are turning into one.
Well that was entertaining lololol
I've mainly just been playing melee recently and I've probably improved a bit since last I was in Montreal. I'm currently in at Chicago O'hare airport waiting for my flight that keeps getting delayed. But I'll be back in mtl later today.
Call me baby *kiss*
Brawl + is more like a game of chess i find. [...]
Melee was hard and i guess that is why most people are now frowning upon brawl+ because it is hard and some people have an upper hand with their character at the moment, but if we just keep practicing then we'll all get better and enjoy it. Brawl was boring and it is just a game of get in and get out. With practically no combo's.

Tech, you can't find something to grasp on to with the game, but just try finding new ways to get in. You play falco ffs lol. When i was being beasted by holy last night i was trying to find something to get in. SO i just tried dash dancing more to confuse him and following his techs and i got a lot more grabs in then i usually do. Playing with holy taught me a few things, you can do the same.

If we all watch a replay of holy, we will all see he grabs so much and it is usually because he follows his techs. I dont know why we all cant just start doing that.

Once again rion, it was great to see you these past weeks and i look forward to playing with you in the future.
- you suck at chess :/
- you can't put "brawl is boring" as an argument if they prefer vbrawl over brawl+. "you" and apparently "many people in the community" prefer brawl+. "You" think it's boring, but dom agora tech etc. don't agree. talk more like a politician.
- holy always grabs, even in vbrawl, but what you are saying makes sense.
we should hang out some time and hit up a bar or something. I personally like hurleys, it is on crescent street
rofl I wonder if that's sarcasm, kage get on msn, stat!

techiyo: faut que tu donnes une chance au jeu. joue avec plusieurs persos, contre plusieurs persos. moi j'ai jamais eu d'attrait au jeu les quelques fois que j'ai joué, jusqu'au jour où j'ai joué avec TAGY pis thad. c'était divertissant et surprenant.

en plus tu joues falco, ton perso est bon! faut juste que tu découvres ce que tu peux faire. ouvre tes horizons un peu. mais bon, c'est une question de préférence. pour le moment jpeux comprendre que tu détestes ça à mourir.

et c'est dommage pour vbrawl qui meure. mais bon, tu peux tjrs t'arranger pour jouer avec ceux qui jouent encore à vbrawl (c'est à dire, pas mal tous les meilleurs). dis toi que tu dois jouer à ce qui te tente, pis si ça marche pas, ben au pire arrête un bout.

(et touche toi lentement)

zaf

Smash Lord
the fact that i suck at chess doesn't make or break my argument. I know how chess works and i know how brawl works. I can find similarities in the two and compare them. If you lose your queen or another important piece you have to win by other means. Like in brawl when i play a certain character i will be limited some times and need to find new ways to win.

I just find brawl really slow and boring sometimes. That's my opinion and everyone else is free to state theirs. I know there are people who come to the weeklies for vbrawl only, which is why i bring my tvs so i do not have to take away from them.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
just sayin' you suck at chess >.>
it's okay, so do I. I got my *** handed to me by charles two weeks ago, and I don't want to even get close to a chess board.

and it's all good about the rest. I just have this switch in my head that goes off when people say "X sucks" because often it's not the case, they are just voicing their own opinions in a bad way. I know you care.

(unlike Fil)

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone says I play Falco when I played Fox way much more?
Because your Falco is so much more annoying. It leaves a longer-lasting impression on people because tehy're probably forced to think more when playing him. He's also most likely better than your fox atm.

I don't know, I wasn't there LOL

and fox isn't that good =/

wat

You mean he's like top 8, riiight?

Oh, btw Chet - you blatantly asking Dom if you can smoke up at his place made me lol

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Unless more random overtime happens, I should show up.
I'll try bringing my Component cables.

Frr

Smash Rookie
I won't be coming this week. I should come next week though.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
He's Francis, the friend I brought a few times in the past :p

He never properly introduced himself on the forum AFAIK XD

Top Bottom