• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenGhost21

Smash Cadet
No one here will be able to tell you where to get those two files, as it's technically illegal to do so.
Fair enough.

Also, my question hasn't been answered yet, but I have a new question.
Is it even possible to use alternate textures with Gecko OS without a USB Gecko???
Can someone help me out here?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Behold! my latest work. No more disk burning for you guys

Clicky here

Have fun!
You sir, are awesome! This will be such an incredible help with the project I'm working on I can't even tell you. I'll update the first post with this as soon as I get home from work today :)

Dang the code line limit. Can't play Brawl+ and use new textures at the same time...
Kinda new to this whole thing. Does the code line limit only apply with codes loaded from an sd card or does this apply to running codes from a usb gecko as well?

jokey665

Smash Ace
I posted this in falco400's topic but I'm gonna put it here too so it gets seen:
Just got done setting up a bunch of textures and trying it out. I had some issues. Namely, certain characters weren't working. I don't know if it was due to the textures I was using or what. Here's the character I got textures to work for: Lucas, Fox, Wolf. I tried, but did not achieve success with: ROB, Toon Link, Kirby. I would have tried more but it froze about 15 seconds into the match with Wolf, so I figured I would come here and complain about it.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Ohh, I think I get it now. We input the texture hack cheats as if they were any other ocarina code, and to get more textures, you have to have them converted...to...codes...?

Wait. I just confused myself even more. Perhaps making a tutorial for this breakthrough would help us out a lot...

tut plz?

jokey665

Smash Ace
Ohh, I think I get it now. We input the texture hack cheats as if they were any other ocarina code, and to get more textures, you have to have them converted...to...codes...?

Wait. I just confused myself even more. Perhaps making a tutorial for this breakthrough would help us out a lot...

tut plz?
The first part is right, just load the codes in ocarina like anything else. For textures, put them on your sd card in

X:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/zzzzz

Where X is your SD card's drive letter and zzzzz is the character's name. So if you wanted to change Captain Falcon's first costume you would put the files

FitCaptain00.pcs
FitCaptain00.pac

in the directory

X:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I'm kinda having a little trouble using some textures from SS.

You just download the .rar, open it up, and stick the .pcs in there after renaming it, or would you still need to run it through Lz77ex to use it in PW's new code set?

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
OK, I officially FAIL at applying textures with this new texture system. I need a tutorial. Or maybe someone with too much extra time to type up a quick play-by-play. I believe I've done everythng right; I put the folders in the right places, I changed the file names accordingly... But the textures just aren't showing up. My Wii doesn't even start beeping. My other homebrew codes still work.

I haz issuez >_<

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I have a favor to ask you all.

http://patriotmods.com/brawlhacks/utilities/ais0.1.exe

Is a program I'm working on that can decode Brawl's model file and will be able to do a lot more in the future. For now it's still pretty buggy, but if you're interested in playing around with it I just ask that you report any bugs/crashes/corrupted files to me. If it crashes it should generate a log file. Samus and Ness both have problems with their hands not correctly connecting to the skeleton.

It accepts .brres files (just drag and drop) and outputs collada .dae files. So, if you ever feel like messing with it just please let me know of any problems you find (I'm sure there's plenty).

Also, relating to this there is a problem that I am having a hard time figuring out. It's one of the formulas used to decode part of the models. At the start of each section is a number and that number is used to determine the formula to decode the model. Here is what I know so far:

0x00 (00) = 0
0x01 (01) = (x - 0) / 3
0x05 (05) = (x - 0x1E) / 0x0303
0x19 (25) = (x - 0x1E1E) / 0x030303

Okay so there seems to be some kind of pattern, but I can't quite figure out how to use it for any numbers that don't match the ones above. If anyone could offer a little insight into this it would be extremely helpful.

Ridley69

Smash Rookie
Now we can modify characters & portraits, is it possible to change the character name?

It would be nice to havec a fully customised character with name modified.

Where are files that contains character names?

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Are we supposed to get the brres files from the SSBExtract? If so what files do we need to put in, and why does it keep telling me that a subdirectory or file by that name already exists...

EDIT: a picture for reference:

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Just drop the .pac files onto SSBExtract. It will create a folder with the same name as the .pac with the .brres files inside. That message just means that there is already a folder with the same name as its going to create. It doesn't stop SSBExtract from extracting them and they are just put into the existing folder.

Stoshu1234

Smash Rookie
Can anyone post a link where I can get Ntcompress?

Its like the only thing I need until I can start texture hacking.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Slashy has given me FitLink01.pac
I go to 1 extract (using bat file) it and it just clicks off...can somebody help me?

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
Okay, I have a favor to ask you all.

http://patriotmods.com/brawlhacks/utilities/ais0.1.exe

Is a program I'm working on that can decode Brawl's model file and will be able to do a lot more in the future. For now it's still pretty buggy, but if you're interested in playing around with it I just ask that you report any bugs/crashes/corrupted files to me. If it crashes it should generate a log file. Samus and Ness both have problems with their hands not correctly connecting to the skeleton.

It accepts .brres files (just drag and drop) and outputs collada .dae files. So, if you ever feel like messing with it just please let me know of any problems you find (I'm sure there's plenty).

Also, relating to this there is a problem that I am having a hard time figuring out. It's one of the formulas used to decode part of the models. At the start of each section is a number and that number is used to determine the formula to decode the model. Here is what I know so far:

0x00 (00) = 0
0x01 (01) = (x - 0) / 3
0x05 (05) = (x - 0x1E) / 0x0303
0x19 (25) = (x - 0x1E1E) / 0x030303

Okay so there seems to be some kind of pattern, but I can't quite figure out how to use it for any numbers that don't match the ones above. If anyone could offer a little insight into this it would be extremely helpful.
Would it be possible to incorporate a way to change .dae files back to .mdl0?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
^^ Very much so. But before I can do that I need to understand everything about the model files. The formula I posted is my biggest problem right now.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Wow... Models, huh? Shame there weren't such dedicated people trying this out on Melee, all this model seeking and texture hacking. Ah, well. Maybe another day.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Pharrox, can we really rip models now? I'm seeing all of these ripped ZSS on youtube and I'm dying to get my hands on some brawl characters...

EDIT: Also, where are the .brres files for the models, I've been using the Fit[CHARNAME] files but there is no .dae files...

Another Edit: NVM on the last one, but now that I have the dae file, is it supodes to look like a small wireframe diamond? BTW im using 3dsmax 9 32-bit

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
The .brres files are inside the Fit[Character]##.pac files. You will have to run them through SSBExtract to get them. Then just drop the .brres file onto the model converter and it should output a .dae with the same name as the .brres. If there is no model in the .brres the converter will crash (all character models are in their 000.brres files).

All models you've seen on Youtube were extracted with either William's or Sabretooth's model converters. Both are good but have their limitations. Using both of their codes as reference I wrote my own which should be able to extract any model.

If it crashes it should create a log file so I can hopefully find the problem. It is currently tested and working with all characters but sometimes the vertecies don't attach to the bones correctly (usually at the ends of the fingers). The formulas I posted are in some way related to this, but I'm having a hard time finding the pattern. Once I get this I can hopefully start work on reversing the process which will let us load our own models to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom