• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Really dumb question, but what is a Brawl ISO?
Most people are saying this is required for Texture hacking.

I hope it's not the actual SSBB disk..... I feel so stupid....

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It's the dump of the disk onto your computer essensially. Thats why no one can provide it, it would be illegal unless its your own copy you are burning

MarioBrawling

Smash Rookie
Magus from Chrono Trigger

I can tell Raganook is a fan of Chrono Trigger, and since I've lurked around and couldn't find any reskins for Magus, I decided to whip these up (since I don't have the fancy software yet, or even an SD card for that matter). I'd love if somebody could make one or both, but if not, oh well. Also, sorry about the giant images, if it's obnoxious, I apologize in advance.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Awesome ! I need this Marth so much :bee:
Also, does anyone know if there's a way to open a GameCube game iso, just like Wiiscrubber for Wii isos ? Thanks :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Awesome ! I need this Marth so much :bee:
Also, does anyone know if there's a way to open a GameCube game iso, just like Wiiscrubber for Wii isos ? Thanks :)
Actually, opening a GameCube ISO is exactly the same as a Wii ISO, just open it up with WiiScrubber. However... the files on a GCN game are completely different, so if you were going to look for textures in, say, SSBMelee... well, have fun with that. :p

And AWESOME concepts there, MarioBrawling. I'm particularly fond of the Ganny one. :D

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
This is amazing, I hope you don't get threatened by Nintendo like Syntax Error back in December, hopefully after a while there might be Character body mods.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I can tell Raganook is a fan of Chrono Trigger, and since I've lurked around and couldn't find any reskins for Magus, I decided to whip these up (since I don't have the fancy software yet, or even an SD card for that matter). I'd love if somebody could make one or both, but if not, oh well. Also, sorry about the giant images, if it's obnoxious, I apologize in advance.
I made an Ike/Crono already and Marth/Magus is next on my list. May take some time until I'll be able to work on it, though.

MarioBrawling

Smash Rookie
Gaara skin - Ike

Dragonrage, I think I saw your Ike/Chrono- it was totally awesome. It's what made me think of doing the Magus ones. I just wish Ganondorf looked more like Magus because the dark magic effects of his B moves would fit Magus perfectly. I don't know if anyone has thought of the Ike/Gaara skin, but it's something I thought about so I whipped this up. I expect to be teased for liking Naruto, but whatever.

Crackhead-Tudor

Smash Rookie
is there a link where i can see all the different costumes? there are a lot of pages so it would take so long to find the pictures

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Help?

Can somebody please give me some help? My burning process keeps on failing and im having trouble with SSBExtract!

_Void_

Smash Cadet
Um... This feels like an utterly stupid question, but... where do I get the ntcompress.exe from? o.o
I just can't seem to find it at all =/
I downloaded all the stuff from the link in the OP (http://www.patriotmods.com/brawlhacks/tools.html), but it's not in there...
And do I need even more files of that kind? If so, where can I find them?
Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I really want to get into this, but I'm having some trouble with getting all the software I need. I found the Revolution SDK, but I don't have the right program to run it on. What is everyone else using to run it? I also can't find Pharrox's guide. I see that MarioBrawling found it, but if someone could also leave me a link, that'd be great.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for not being around to help so much. I'm currently working on another project (hopefully will be release shortly) that is taking most of my time.

Also, the guides are pretty much pointless because ASH can do it all automatically.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
That's fine, Pharrox. It was nice that you were able to take time off just to say that. We're all gonna be looking forward to what you're working on.

Anyway, I believe I have all of the required software, I'm just having a bit of trouble finding a good tutorial on how to burn the Brawl ISO. I read something about updating a Wiikey? Does that have to do with updating the console itself? I have Homebrew, so I can't risk updating the Wii...

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
When it says "modded Wii", does my Wii have to be hacked via modchip, or is Homebrew Channel enough? What's that one thing...... Wiigator gamma. Can I do texture hacks with that only?

homsar

Smash Ace
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/communitycostumes/123forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=62

Read that Smash Bro. Tells you how to insert and burn the textures. If that gives you an error when attempting to burn that reads "Failed to Reserve Track! Error reason Invalid Field in CDB" just do one of things found here: http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/communitycostumes/123forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=62&p=1763#p1763

I personally patched the game manually.

@FireKirby7 - Homebrew Channel is all they mean. Wiigator gamma is the program used to launch a burned copy of brawl with the new textures, you need many tools to get them on the game in the first place. Read the first link I posted above.

If you don't want to start making your own yet then stacksmash.cultnet.net has a lot of textures avaible for download.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I know Stack Smash put their textures up for download. I'll read the links you gave me and readmes. But can't I use ASH instead?
And how do I make my very own textures? I've seen a few requests. XD

Also....... what is this?!
Most of the characters only need the .pcs to work perfectly. But some also need the .pac.
Bowser
Wario
Zelda / Sheik
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Pokemon Trainer and his/her Pokemon
These also need the .pac.

Steelia

Smash Champion
When it says "modded Wii", does my Wii have to be hacked via modchip, or is Homebrew Channel enough? What's that one thing...... Wiigator gamma. Can I do texture hacks with that only?
Homebrew Channel + Wiigator GAMMA is all you need. Modchip is completely optional ("back in the day", it was a requirement... got to love progression ;) ).

homsar

Smash Ace
Homebrew Channel + Wiigator GAMMA is all you need. Modchip is completely optional ("back in the day", it was a requirement... got to love progression ;) ).
Umm... you also need wiiscrubber 1.21 and a program to burn ISO's with (aka ImgBurn). And thats just for inserting already mad textures.

FireKirby7 - To answer your questions, most characters just need to have the .pcs file replaced to work properly, however, any character that can change during gameplay to a new character needs to have a .pac file for them made using the tool "lz77ex:" otherwise they will lose the new texture upon switching.

If you want to trd make your own textures ASH is the best way to do it. Here is a list of things needed to try and make your own textures:

An image manipluation program (GIMP, Photoshop)
-ImgBurn
-A Brawl ISO
-Wii Scrubber 1.21
-key.bin (google for it, like a brawl ISO and the two programs from the SDK its illegal to give out)
-ASH
-CUPASH (for character select portraits if you care about those)
-ntcompress.exe (comes with Revolution SDK)
-TexConv.exe (same as above)

I personally haven't had the time to experement with texture creation yet so someone else will have to help you once you get all the tools. ASH does come with instructions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom