• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

LopTank

Smash Rookie
Hey, to the coordinators of B-...

The mediafire links are a little bit terrible, I was wondering if I could host the files for you on my server. The site is oneweakness.com, I'd just put them in a /brawlminus folder and give you links. I'm prepared to help you in any way I can, seeing as how I've had a ton of fun with it already. If you're interested contact me :3

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey, to the coordinators of B-...

The mediafire links are a little bit terrible, I was wondering if I could host the files for you on my server. The site is oneweakness.com, I'd just put them in a /brawlminus folder and give you links. I'm prepared to help you in any way I can, seeing as how I've had a ton of fun with it already. If you're interested contact me :3
The mediafire links aren't terrible, it's probably just that PyR (who did G&W) removed the old G&W from his mediafire after, like, 50 updates. Same with the GCT, kinda. >.> I need to re-organize this ****.

Although this is likely something you won't like to hear at 12:00 midnight PT (especially if you stayed up), Brawl-'s Alpha Release date is going from "Jan. 30" to "TBA", although there's a good chance we'll reveal an pre-alpha.
Sad but true. :( We just couldn't get it done. Remember how we set the deadline a few months ago? Well this was before Kirk went to the hospital and didn't come back to the team for a few months. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :laugh:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the G&W download is down. D:
Will get fixed

Attention: If you have it so that mods load through the custom stage builder and freeze when entering or on the stage select screen: That is because there is no "Disable Custom Stages" code in the Brawl- GCT. Obtain the text file of the GCT and add Disable Custom Stages to it.
Will also get fixed.

LopTank

Smash Rookie
The mediafire links aren't terrible, it's probably just that PyR (who did G&W) removed the old G&W from his mediafire after, like, 50 updates. Same with the GCT, kinda. >.> I need to re-organize this ****.
Okay, you're right, they're not terrible, but they probably aren't preferred by most users. I was forced to say that because of the ads that were brought up, seeing as how one of them froze firefox and forced me to close it. :ohwell:

However, I'd still like to host anything you'd like. I can give you an email for you to send links to and I can upload them pretty quickly, as I have about a billion email alert systems and if you were to inform me prior to when you'd send downloads then it'd be even quicker.

Sorry if I came off as obnoxious, I just wanted to help out with the situation. People generally prefer direct downloads to free hosting ones.

I love you, Budget Player Cadet. :bee:

p.s. GOGO GADGET PRE-ALPHA

NNID
Budget_Player
Okay, you're right, they're not terrible, but they probably aren't preferred by most users. I was forced to say that because of the ads that were brought up, seeing as how one of them froze firefox and forced me to close it. :ohwell:

However, I'd still like to host anything you'd like. I can give you an email for you to send links to and I can upload them pretty quickly, as I have about a billion email alert systems and if you were to inform me prior to when you'd send downloads then it'd be even quicker.

Sorry if I came off as obnoxious, I just wanted to help out with the situation. People generally prefer direct downloads to free hosting ones.

I love you, Budget Player Cadet. :bee:

p.s. GOGO GADGET PRE-ALPHA

Well if you wanna offer DDL, that would be pretty cool. Also, adblock is tech. ;) I'll answer better later when I'm not pressed for time CURSE YOU BAD COORDINATION ON PHASE 5 PACK >.<

VietGeek

Smash Hero
BPC I demand you to include my Marth- or at least go through a detailed analysis of what it lacks. <_<

LopTank

Smash Rookie
Well if you wanna offer DDL, that would be pretty cool. Also, adblock is tech. ;) I'll answer better later when I'm not pressed for time CURSE YOU BAD COORDINATION ON PHASE 5 PACK >.<
Sure man whatever you'd like. I have no idea how it happened but one of them bypassed my adblock, and go figure it was the one that crashed mah browser.

Anyways, you have my undying support. Full steam ahead, captain!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Some random ideas for Zelda (if you still needing them):

-Jab: massive damage, but shouldn't kill. Big Flower effect (more damage!).
-Utilt: Make it faster, and knocks straight up.
-Ftilt: Bigger hitbox, less ending lag, more knockback.
-Dtilt: mostly fine... (more magic effects?)
-Fsmash: opponents shouldn't SDI it. Bigger Hitbox?
-Usmash: I think it's mostly fine... (add effects?)
-Dsmash: Balanced Brawl's one should be fine (magic effect could also help...). Also, a bigger hitbox may can be good.
-Uair: less startup?
-LightningKicks: sweetspot frame window (not the hitbox) should be a bit bigger.
-Nair: Every hit can kill.
-Dair. Always strong spike...
-Farore's Wind: Less startup. As in BBrawl, 2nd hit should allow followup. Shall not end on freefall, but she wouldn't be able to use it again until she lands.
-Din's Fire: no freefall, less explotion lag (explodes almost inmediatly after releasing the button). Aerial should have less ending lag.
-Nayru's Love: Not sure, maybe more damage. Paralizing effect?

Hope some can help...

LopTank

Smash Rookie
Haha, I was playing against Link and if you deflect his boomerange back at him it destroys him right off the side of the stage, similar to how Piplup's attack works. Is there a way to fix that without taking out the constant damage part?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Don't get your boomerang reflected.

Its the same thing like...

"If you reflect Samus' charge shot back at her, Samus dies from the force of the knockback. Is there a way to fix that?" Seems kind of silly, eh? :p

LopTank

Smash Rookie
Don't get your boomerang reflected.

Its the same thing like...

"If you reflect Samus' charge shot back at her, Samus dies from the force of the knockback. Is there a way to fix that?" Seems kind of silly, eh? :p
Haha, I guess I see what you mean. It's just that he can die even if being hit by it at 0%, so it's a little different than the Samus shot. Fair enough Kirk, fair enough. :chuckle:

NNID
Budget_Player
Some random ideas for Zelda (if you still needing them):

-Jab: massive damage, but shouldn't kill. Big Flower effect (more damage!).
-Utilt: Make it faster, and knocks straight up.
-Ftilt: Bigger hitbox, less ending lag, more knockback.
-Dtilt: mostly fine... (more magic effects?)
-Fsmash: opponents shouldn't SDI it. Bigger Hitbox?
-Usmash: I think it's mostly fine... (add effects?)
-Dsmash: Balanced Brawl's one should be fine (magic effect could also help...). Also, a bigger hitbox may can be good.
-Uair: less startup?
-LightningKicks: sweetspot frame window (not the hitbox) should be a bit bigger.
-Nair: Every hit can kill.
-Dair. Always strong spike...
-Farore's Wind: Less startup. As in BBrawl, 2nd hit should allow followup. Shall not end on freefall, but she wouldn't be able to use it again until she lands.
-Din's Fire: no freefall, less explotion lag (explodes almost inmediatly after releasing the button). Aerial should have less ending lag.
-Nayru's Love: Not sure, maybe more damage. Paralizing effect?

Hope some can help...
Currently, we're just making everything zelda has ridiculously safe when spaced correctly. Ghost hitboxes. Like, Jab will hit right in front of her... and also on the floor about 5 jiggs-lengths away. Fair will also sweetspot about 5 miles away. Utilt will **** anyone a certain distance above Zelda. Basically, she has a ranged toolbox, a short-range GTFO move which moves ridiculously fast, and the most disjointed attacks in the game. :3

Also: http://www.justin.tv/hawky111#r=hU1L7vM

Streaming very soon. Hopefully showcasing the latest edits such as Zelda, Snake, and a few others.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Currently, we're just making everything zelda has ridiculously safe when spaced correctly. Ghost hitboxes. Like, Jab will hit right in front of her... and also on the floor about 5 jiggs-lengths away. Fair will also sweetspot about 5 miles away. Utilt will **** anyone a certain distance above Zelda. Basically, she has a ranged toolbox, a short-range GTFO move which moves ridiculously fast, and the most disjointed attacks in the game. :3
That sounds like a good idea ... IF you have graphical effect appear showing where the distant hitboxes are. Otherwise it just sounds terribly frustrating for all involved.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Then I really understimated the brokenness you were looking for....
I can't wait to play it!!

NNID
Budget_Player
That sounds like a good idea ... IF you have graphical effect appear showing where the distant hitboxes are. Otherwise it just sounds terribly frustrating for all involved.
GFX is there.

Then I really understimated the brokenness you were looking for....
I can't wait to play it!!
We don't do things half-*****, man. We just ****ing don't.

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
WHERE IS IT?!?!? Have we all been trolled?!??!? (I actually know what happened, I just felt like saying this.)

Also, if Ganon receiving the knockback when his warlock punch is shielded is intentional, that needs to be removed.

Like, seriously.

That's just stupid.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I had a Brawl- Bowser VS Yoshi match against a friend and it was one of the most fun matches I've ever played! I was Yoshi and killed him twice really early with lighting UAir but he abused his invincibility frames and used DAir a lot which is really hard to shield/defend against. I think Bowser is probably the most broken character (well next to Luigi) in Brawl-. You can play without a shield and do fine just using FSmash, DAir followed by USmash. He's really hard to beat when a guy knows how to space well with him. Definitely better than Brawl- Ganon, CF and DK.

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
I had a Brawl- Bowser VS Yoshi match against a friend and it was one of the most fun matches I've ever played! I was Yoshi and killed him twice really early with lighting UAir but he abused his invincibility frames and used DAir a lot which is really hard to shield/defend against. I think Bowser is probably the most broken character (well next to Luigi) in Brawl-. You can play without a shield and do fine just using FSmash, DAir followed by USmash. He's really hard to beat when a guy knows how to space well with him. Definitely better than Brawl- Ganon, CF and DK.
Maybe in the case of CF and Bowser's matchup Bowser is superior, because very few of CF's attacks cause knockback. This makes him very predictable. But overall CF is arguably the best character in Brawl minus. I feel that he is even superior to Luigi now that I've gotten better as him.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I think Bowser is probably the most broken character (well next to Luigi) in Brawl-.
I've heard this about Luigi, Bowser, Samus, Jiggs, CF, MK, etcetcetc. I'll tell you exactly why saying someone is the 'most broken' is meaningless:

He's really hard to beat when a guy knows how to space well with him.
Great success.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hey yall, I can't get mine to work.
On the SD Root, I have private folder, code folder DS_Store thing, and gameconfig text. Te wii reads the SD card is there, but not the data. what's up?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Hey yall, I can't get mine to work.
On the SD Root, I have private folder, code folder DS_Store thing, and gameconfig text. Te wii reads the SD card is there, but not the data. what's up?
Homebrew Channel Installed?
Gecko 1.9.3 in apps folder?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Also, if Ganon receiving the knockback when his warlock punch is shielded is intentional, that needs to be removed.

Like, seriously.

That's just stupid.
That is not intentional. That's an unintended consequence of having Ganondorf's Warlock Punch hitting for 666% damage and relentlessly murdering everything in sight. There's nothing the developers can do about it, except maybe put the IASA frames before the punch hits so that Ganon users don't screw themselves by punching another person's shield.

Otherwise, to BPC, Kirk, and everyone involved with this project, I thank you so much for everything you guys have done. Brawl Minus is an incredible game and one where I'll do my best to publicize it so more people can follow it. I'm kind of sad to hear that you're nerfing Luigi, since I instantly fell in love with him after using him (his combo ability and maneuverability is re-donkulous), but I have to agree that his instant, invulnerable, hit-box, combo-starting trip run was something that needed to go. Hopefully I'll be able to use him just the same when you guys make a more balanced version of him.

To show my gratitude, I'm going to be putting up Brawl Minus videos on my Youtube page so that people can see what this game is like. Seriously, this is an amazing game!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Massive damage = massive recoil from shield.

And if it is not known, you CAN cancel it with proper timing. If you spot dodge or roll dodge immediately after exiting the hitlag from the attack, you can halt your momentum and save yourself.

And yes, epic.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Awesome support for B-, am watching.

But I have to lollerskate about the TV record technique.
I don't have any capture equipment or anything, so this is the only way I can record things to upload. This is the first time I've ever had a mass of videos up at one time, so I've never really had a need for them until now. I hear capture equipment is pretty pricey, though.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I guess what I meant is, I have a stage hack for Battlefield, and when MK jabs on that stage, it literally messes with the screen so that no one can see the match.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
what is the gecko file called, and where in app is it supposed to be placed
Uh oh. You're missing a lot of things. I suggest you start by learning how to install Brawl+. When you can do that you can import Brawl- stuff easily.

Download Brawl+ SD Pack from the main thread and then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom