• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
looked at it again and, yeah, it was nair. it looks like it carries him up, but that could have just been momentum given to him from a jump/being sent into the air.

either way, he looks solid.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
A couple things from messing around with the characters on the front page of this topic...

Link: His arrows have a tendency to pass through players, doing no damage at all. It happens rather often, mostly to his normal arrows but with the rest on occasion as well.

Also, just a suggestion, have his boomerang return a little bit slower. Easier to see coming, but more time to be shredded up if you happen to get caught in it. Either that or make it last longer.

Lucas: Seems pretty good, but PK Freeze needs a bit of an adjustment. Instead of one powerful coin-status hit, why not make it multiple, weaker coin-status hits, kind of like a PK Blizzard or something? It would do the same damage total (or maybe less), but hold the enemy in place should they get hit by it. Depending on how long the PK Freeze is charged would of course determine the duration of the attack. A fully-charged one would probably allow Lucas to run across 3/4 of Final Destination and hit with PK Fire before it breaks (1/2 of FD to get in close for melee attacks).

Plus each hit would give the coin effect, which would be funny.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
PK Freeze gimps unsuspecting recoveries, and breaks shields, and ***** FFAs due to its high damage and low endlag. It can't be buffed anymore, it just can't xD.

EDIT: The dash attack IASA makes it impossible to properly DACUS. But a DA US is definitely possible and does go relatively far (see the end of the video)

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
PK Freeze gimps unsuspecting recoveries, and breaks shields, and ***** FFAs due to its high damage and low endlag. It can't be buffed anymore, it just can't xD.
My suggestion isn't a buff, more of a different style of PK Freeze. I think it compliments the rest of the new Lucas better. It'll still gimp recoveries, still break shields, and still dominate in the FFA arena (haha, you're all trapped now, dash-attack into up-smash and you just died).

EDIT: Maybe it is a buff if the player uses it right. I dunno.

NNID
Budget_Player
Yeah, that yoshi is epic. I keep trying to convince him to combine that with the change wingy added (throws 4 at once in scattershot), I hope someone just does it. :laugh:

All right. Updated with 3 more beta characters. Depending on how things run, we may get a few more tonight or tomorrow (the way things look maybe yoshi included, lol).

Also, please update your Captain Falcon and Ganon.
CF got two moderate debuffs (downB isn't instantly a broken shield and does less than 40 damage, knee doesn't kill quite as early and does less damage) and a decent buff (endlag on aerial sideB on hit lowered so you can combo aerial sideB->something vs. a grounded opponent).
Ganon got three pretty big buffs for his approach game and his recovery. Grounded gerudo has heavy armor, aerial gerudo has the same momentum buffs as grounded gerudo, and upB has heavy armor.

For god's sake, someone make a **** install guide.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I'll work on making an install guide a little later tonight.

Edit: Asked two dumb questions and realized they were dumb

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yeah, that yoshi is epic. I keep trying to convince him to combine that with the change wingy added (throws 4 at once in scattershot), I hope someone just does it. :laugh:

All right. Updated with 3 more beta characters. Depending on how things run, we may get a few more tonight or tomorrow (the way things look maybe yoshi included, lol).

Also, please update your Captain Falcon and Ganon.
CF got two moderate debuffs (downB isn't instantly a broken shield and does less than 40 damage, knee doesn't kill quite as early and does less damage) and a decent buff (endlag on aerial sideB on hit lowered so you can combo aerial sideB->something vs. a grounded opponent).
Ganon got three pretty big buffs for his approach game and his recovery. Grounded gerudo has heavy armor, aerial gerudo has the same momentum buffs as grounded gerudo, and upB has heavy armor.

For god's sake, someone make a **** install guide.
Or get me to make you an installer if you want :p

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I wish I knew. TSON apparently is working on both (or so I heard)... I'm kinda out of the loop. >.>
ok its just that i have some ideas for zelda (use to be my main) but since all the characters I've seen look pretty cool i will just wait and see what he comes up with for her and my my ideas/opinions if i think she should be different.

ROB is my main right now so i was just wondering what was going on with him.

i also pay a little pit and it would be cool if his arrows spike.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Ganon:
NSpecial - Does 666% damage.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-*boom*

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
Quick question: How will I know if the snapshot loaded correctly? Will it be like the stage builder exploit? I looked at the snapshot and it didn't do anything... just showed me what it looked like. I don't know what the physics changes are and stuff like that, but I can tell that there isn't aerial momentum like in brawl+

Is it supposed to be like this?

Also, Bionic, can the updatifier (please make one!) be combined with the Brawl+ one, so we can choose official release, beta release, and minus?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The only significant change is the hitstun is huge and the hitlag is a bit bigger than vBrawl's.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Also, Bionic, can the updatifier (please make one!) be combined with the Brawl+ one, so we can choose official release, beta release, and minus?
No, all of the codesets will remain separate, just live with a separate one for now :p

Azurie

Smash Cadet
Wow luigi is awesome. He's tons of fun to play as and seems to be very good. The only thing that saddens me is that there is no longer a misfire, seeing as the norm is now basically a misfire. I think that a new, super fast explosive misfire should be made. And I think a very rare misfire for his neutral special would be very Luigi-like as well. I think the broken=balance aspect of Brawl- is awesome, but I think the crazy/flashy/explosive stuff that is being added is equally awesome. Its the second category that I'm mostly making this suggestion for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom