• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping to get something up for Sheik/Zelda, but Anomilus posted every idea I could possibly think of.

My roommate was freaking out because of hit stun. He's never played a real fighter, and I was chaining Luigi's attacks into each other like no-one's business. Too good!

Do you guys need any suggestions for anyone? I can't code at all, so I can't help with that, but I could at least offer some suggestions on the guys that I play often if you need them.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Yeah. Since you seem to play Pit, you could give us suggestions for that.

Also, we already totally have a Zelda changelist, but I wouldn't mind stealing some of Anomilus' **** to add to that.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I made you some snapshots, BPC.

Brawl- Snapshots & Activator GCTs.

What you need to do to launch these:
  1. Put the .gct provided in the above link in the codes folder like usual.
  2. Put the .bin file that corresponds to your region in SD card:\private\wii\app\RSB?\al where ? is your region's letter (E for ntsc, P for Pal).
  3. Launch the game through GeckoOS like normal. Before you activate the snapshot, you'll be playing vBrawl with Brawl- character pacs (can't be avoided due to coding limitations).
  4. Go to the album and look at the snapshots on your SD card. Load the one with the code (screwed up image). And then it'll launch.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pretty sure it was intentional. This was figured out on the first attempt at Ganon for me.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hm, i can see a **** combo:

utilt cancel -> shield break -> warlock punch

i think it will be fine for now, but once we get all the characters working it should be looked at.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Also, we already totally have a Zelda changelist, but I wouldn't mind stealing some of Anomilus' **** to add to that.
Please do! I would love to see even one of my ideas make it in. =)

Has Pokemon Trainer been discussed yet? PT is my secondary along with Peach. I'd love to contribute to them. Especially Ivysaur, who I rely on most.

Edit:

OH!! Before I forget.

PLEASE give Samus the Shinespark attack! What I mean is completely buff her Dash attack to make it like her Speed Booster attack. I would imagine it as such:

- Damage increased to 15% or 16%
- Comes out much faster
- Covers 3.5-4x the distance
- Samus turns a gold color while the hitboxes are out (to imitate the Shinespark)
- Strongest hitbox should be in middle of the attack. Major knockback, but little knockback growth so not to make it a totally reliable KO move.
- Strongest hit should cause a small explosion. Purely for effect.
- Transcendent hitbox properties so Samus goes through attacks like Meta Knight's sword.
- Increased ending lag. I don't think it should be too spammable, so I think this is a good idea.

Samus should have always had something to represent her Speed Booster attack, and I think this is a great chance to do so.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyway you can possible make a loader to run this? Like making it load .pacs from a different folder? I am already using the Alternate File Loader but I have too many button combinations and I'm sure it will get more complicated if i added more. I tried using the Brawl Mod Launcher by Dantarion, who made a base off of gecko 1.9.2 and had multiple options to run vBrawl, BBrawl, and Brawl+. I was planning on using the brawl+ start up but switching the .gct and since it changed the path to the folder called "bp" I was going to out the brawl- .pacs in there. But sadly I have read that gecko 1.9.2 doesn't read back ups. So I was hoping someone could make something similar, like re routing the folder patch or something like that. Sorry if this is asking for too much, but I lack the skills needed to do this. And I believe it could help other people with the same problem.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Left taunt make Samus be Zamus, and viceversa? And also it should be unpunishable somehow.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The proposed Zelda changelist
One thing, Din's fire is pretty much useless because you can essentially dodge it on reaction.

Basically in VBrawl she moves her hand then the explosion happens a number of frames later (IIRC, 14 frames later).

Yea, if people know what to look for that means it will never hit them, reduce the lag between release and the explosion to 7 or under and that issue will be gone, ergo you'll be able to bait your opponents into dodging early or taking defensive measures early and actually hit them.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
What's the point of snapshots if you're doing it through GeckoOS anyways?
People like me who are running Brawl off of a backup and thus are restricted to Neogamma's 255-line code limit.

Btw thanks Cadet and Gardevoir (sp?) for doing this. Providing no major physics changes have to be added to the main gct (to snapshot only) me being able to play and test this on PAL hardware will be easy :D

btw does this include the "no sandbag" code and all the stuff that Brawl+ uses (file replacement, etc?) if I could use the .gct to load Brawl+'s snapshot and play that without problems, then BONUS.

edit

You know what I'm going to do? Run Brawl-'s codes with B+'s PACs. THAT will be so funny ... so much hitstun.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Is there anyway you can possible make a loader to run this? Like making it load .pacs from a different folder? I am already using the Alternate File Loader but I have too many button combinations and I'm sure it will get more complicated if i added more. I tried using the Brawl Mod Launcher by Dantarion, who made a base off of gecko 1.9.2 and had multiple options to run vBrawl, BBrawl, and Brawl+. I was planning on using the brawl+ start up but switching the .gct and since it changed the path to the folder called "bp" I was going to out the brawl- .pacs in there. But sadly I have read that gecko 1.9.2 doesn't read back ups. So I was hoping someone could make something similar, like re routing the folder patch or something like that. Sorry if this is asking for too much, but I lack the skills needed to do this. And I believe it could help other people with the same problem.
I'm not all that certain what you're asking for, but have you tried Dantarion's FPC Launcer which allows you to change the directories the File Patch Code reads? Might want to check it out.
Btw thanks Cadet and Gardevoir (sp?) for doing this. Providing no major physics changes have to be added to the main gct (to snapshot only) me being able to play and test this on PAL hardware will be easy :D
No problem! (And spelling doesn't count)
K.Mac said:
btw does this include the "no sandbag" code and all the stuff that Brawl+ uses (file replacement, etc?) if I could use the .gct to load Brawl+'s snapshot and play that without problems, then BONUS.
The .gct I supplied along with the snapshots are capable of loading any snapshot, not just Brawl-'s. The .gct that allows you to use snapshots only has the File Patch Code and the Snapshot Activator code in it, nothing else. As for what's in the main .gct itself (what I used to create the snapshot), I don't know! I haven't played it yet and didn't need to extract any codes from it to make the snapshot. ;)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh, before I forget, if you make any videos, please post them here. A lot of us don't have enough time to test the pacs with humans, and the Alpha release is fast approaching.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
I'm not all that certain what you're asking for, but have you tried Dantarion's FPC Launcer which allows you to change the directories the File Patch Code reads? Might want to check it out.

Ehh I would still need a way for a launcher to read the different .gct. Maybe ill find a way around this, or Dantarion will work on his Mod launcher again, I hope lol.

NNID
Budget_Player
Oh, before I forget, if you make any videos, please post them here. A lot of us don't have enough time to test the pacs with humans, and the Alpha release is fast approaching.
Agreed. I can't test except with friends, and when that happens it always ends up in crazy FFAs. And only once or twice a week, max. Possibly a reason my early alpha products suck so much.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Captain Falcon is probably the most buffed character. He is a character designed to play with hitstun, and that ***** him in vBrawl because you could just air dodge any combos to make them useless. He now has a much safer approach thanks to FK being a shield raper. He definitely doesn't need any more changes, except maybe make the Knee SLIGHTLY weaker than it is in the last version of beta Brawl-.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Well, I'm going to a friend's house tonight (four of us will probably be there) and going to anothers tomorrow.

They already know about Brawl- (seen some videos) so since I persuaded them to play Brawl+ a bit, I'll see if I can hog their internet and download the stuff. :) I know for one that a certain friend will want a Ganon ditto ;)

NNID
Budget_Player
Captain Falcon is probably the most buffed character. He is a character designed to play with hitstun, and that ***** him in vBrawl because you could just air dodge any combos to make them useless. He now has a much safer approach thanks to FK being a shield raper. He definitely doesn't need any more changes, except maybe make the Knee SLIGHTLY weaker than it is in the last version of beta Brawl-.
There's a new version of both him and ganon being tested with slight changes (on CF: sideB buff, downB extra hits damage 5->2, knee damage 27->20 for less ***********) (on ganon: HA 15 on gerudo, air gerudo buffed, HA 10 on upB).

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
There's too little info about stage viability in Brawl-. How will they change? Like Stage freeze and increase size of Wario stage and stage freeze PS2?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
alright, i know i should probably put this on your forums, but, hey, this is more spontaneous than anything.
originally, i was going to propose this to the b+ guys, but looking at it i figure they wouldn't go for this.

okay, so, yoshi, right? he's pretty cool, but what could you change about him to make him crazy? here's a suggestion. his neutral B has always had mixed feelings about it. a lot of people wanted it buffed somehow. well, how about if he lands it on someone, he gets a 'charge', two charges max.

now, that doesn't sound very dynamic or even fitting, but how's this: the first charge is yellow polkadotted, the second red. see where i'm going with this? yoshi's island!

the first charge should buff him in a buncha ways, the second doing the same but better and Possibly even more ways. changes like possible shieldstun reduction (originally by a frame or two for each charge, but for b-...well, you decide), a more powerful upB (the jump could be huge, could have a bigger/more dmging hitbox dependent on the charge, the egg could bounce on the ground even like in the game), and a different sideB (same roll, but maybe it glides in midair? maybe it can KO earlier or go faster on ground?), you can do anything you want with this really. if a player forgets what charge they're at, they can just shield to see what color it is, which would be another change. as far as i know, you can change the texture of his shield right now.

you lose a charge, though, when you upB or sideB, and you lose all charges when your shield is broken.

this is the perfect version of the mechanic, but i'm not a coder. because of this, i'm merely suggesting what i can here. hope you like it. if you've got plans for yoshi, then nvm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom