• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Hayl

Smash Rookie
Amen to that... i took a semester off for money reasons... now i gotta deal with starting school again, when it comes out XO... i hope i can find time in my rigorous gaming schedule for my homework :)

nameless14

Smash Cadet
Yeah that probobly is true, but still... I was hoping nintendo wouldnt do its delay because I almost killed myself in the (about) 2 year delay of twilight princess.

ecrone

Smash Rookie
I knew this game was gonna blow my Finals studying to the side....but I didn't really care, the wait is killing me...

Plus I already have a home Tourney set up for the 28th....i better no have to reschedule!

party5animal

Smash Rookie
This could leave me with nothing to do for my two week Xmas break now -_-' I was REALLY excited to have two TOTALLY uninterrupted weeks for this -_-'
Maybe Nintendo will realease it the first day of Christmas break because they wanted people to be able to buy it and then immediately play it, instead of waiting till school/work is over and then people didn't have to wait that long till christmas to get it on that day?

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I had Dec 3rd booked off of work. Please don't delay it too much nintendo!

I'm pretty sure this was done so that way Olympics comes out as the first Sonic and Mario game then hopefully, no more than a week later Brawl comes out.

Ack! I'm not even gonna get Olympics! Let Brawl be first!

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
_____This thread is exploding! I guess the game being out is more important than discussing the contents, but really people, won't this all look silly if they don't change it at all. Maybe they said that determining a date is a little.. Not Nintendo, or they simply decided to TBH sooner (doubtful)

We'll see, Im sure you all will abandon this thread, along with me, around 2 pm...

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i hope they screwed up on updateding so its not going to get deladed but y did the smash movie say coming soon and not dec. 3rd
and i will be really surprised if we get it before japan gets it i mean they get akk the games before us

Conker1

Smash Ace
The only amount of time I think I can take extra is maybe a week or two. At least if it's delayed a week or two I'll be done with my finals. /wrists

I

i8waffles612

If they need to delay it to make it better, Im cool with it.

But I will be dissapointed if it is not out before X-mas.

streetsk8er158

Smash Rookie
all of you little whiny college kids take a ****ing chill pill, I don't know what kind of college work load you guys have, but when I went to school we had about 3 weeks to study for finals. usually people have an average of 6 classes a semester. if you learn how to study efficiently and and do a little less drinking you'll be able to enjoy smash brothers and study. so don't give me this "waaaa, sakurai please move the game back because my brain hurts from the awesomeness of brawl and studying" give me a ****ing break!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
all of you little whiny college kids take a ****ing chill pill, I don't know what kind of college work load you guys have, but when I went to school we had about 3 weeks to study for finals. usually people have an average of 6 classes a semester. if you learn how to study efficiently and and do a little less drinking you'll be able to enjoy smash brothers and study. so don't give me this "waaaa, sakurai please move the game back because my brain hurts from the awesomeness of brawl and studying" give me a ****ing break!
Usually it's the college kids talk down to the high schoolers, not others talking down to the college kids. I feel abused.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Yeah you should drink while your playing Brawl! Time management SON!

Edit: O yeah, I want Brawl not too delayed so I can play w/ friends during winter break.

ecrone

Smash Rookie
Nintendo released the new date at a press conference today....Feb. 10

This blows...now I am FOR SURE going to cancel my home tourney on Dec 28th

D

Deleted member

I was gonna skip school on the third to be the first to get it in my area. Second Semester will be happening by the time February comes and I have some decent classes around that time.

Sucks to be me I guess. =/

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Wow. I just feel like i was straight up slapped in the face by Sakurai. We've watched the dojo zealously, we've waited up late until 3 in the morning for the updates when we found out the release time would favor the Japanese, we've survived the weeks of updates that weren't very interesting, and although I'm grateful for each update (yeah, I LOVE the music updates), I still think that unless there is some gigantic reason for this, I almost feel hurt. February 10th is the date I've been hearing, and I'm upset, I won't lie about it. I remember being glued to the set, watching E3 for a release date, and while I was excited to get one, I wasn't that excited about a December release. Sure I sound selfish, but atleast I'll admit it.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to why the new Japan-American release dates suddenly have so much space between them. And I'll bet you anything the delay is to work on online.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Wow, this really blows, but we can't say we didn't see it coming. Soon as Sonic came out I knew it was bound to happen. Still, that doesn't do much to alleviate the pain.; two months is a **** long time. I'm in class right now and a friend came running in from another class during the break and gave me the news. I started talking to 2 of my friends sitting to the left and in front of me, who are both also annoyed as hell, and about 5 other people, none of which I know personally, including two mom's, who are in there 40's+ and apparently love the Wii and Smash w/their kids, are waiting for Brawl as well, overheard and chimed in and expressed their distress. I'm only realizing now how huge this game is going to be, and that makes me annoyed even more. I've never been so angry by a release date push. Obviously, the only light at the end of the tunnel that we can hope is that the push back will give time to make the game better, as it usually does. I also believe though, that the reason Sonic was released early was not just because of the date change, but that Sakurai is going to something even more monumental in store for us. As a matter of fact, everything inside of me is telling me that, and I'm 100% sure that's the case. I believe there's something that none of us has even thought of yet; something that's going to push the game over anyone's expectations and launch it into the halls of greatness that no other game like it will ever achieve. All I can say is, I'm leaving luck with Heaven, and putting my faith in Nintendo, Sakurai, and his team. It's happened before, and I know I've never been disappointed in the final outcome. I urge others to do the same...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Yes, but what if they decide to turn Brawl into Twilight Princess and delay it another year and a half? Would people still be saying "Well, it is for the perfectation (new word I just made up =]) of the game!"? I doubt it, and Nintendo is starting to piss me off saying in their E3 press conference they were giving it to us this year, then only two months from release (I could already feel the case in my hand *sugh*), they go and kick us in the nuts and delay it. I just hope they will use this time wisely and fix the "problems" they may have found. So far nobody has had luck at wave-dashing in the on hand demos. Who knows, they could be using the extra time to put it back in. Although I think they are all in their offices throwing a big party at how pissed and depressed all of us are right now. I can hear their laughter from across an ocean and a continent.Just listen...

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yes, but what if they decide to turn Brawl into Twilight Princess and delay it another year and a half? Would people still be saying "Well, it is for the perfectation (new word I just made up =]) of the game!"? I doubt it, and Nintendo is starting to piss me off saying in their E3 press conference they were giving it to us this year, then only two months from release (I could already feel the case in my hand *sugh*), they go and kick us in the nuts and delay it. I just hope they will use this time wisely and fix the "problems" they may have found. So far nobody has had luck at wave-dashing in the on hand demos. Who knows, they could be using the extra time to put it back in. Although I think they are all in their offices throwing a big party at how pissed and depressed all of us are right now. I can hear their laughter from across an ocean and a continent.Just listen...
I totally agree.

Everytime i hear some scub say "i'd wait till 2010 if that makes the game better" i feel like punching a bag full of kittens.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Well.....if it's to iron out online details and fit in more content, I'm all for it.

But now I believe Nintendo's promises are absolute moot until they actually happen.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Funny how the number one Smash forum is pissed off against Sakurai.

I am extremely upset that they made it such a big deal to PROMISE TO US that it would be here by December, but in a way, I was watching the Brawl updates, and the game felt a bit empty. Not enough items, characters, stages, etc. Hopefully they can squeeze more in by launch now. Keep in mind, they would have to have the game gold and finished by end of November if they had stuck to release schedule, and I knew that it wouldn't be perfect by then. At least now they have until the beginning of January.

I still can't get over how useless the statement Reggie made is now.

"The Smash community is stoked, but when? Well. Not next year. Not next Spring. I can announce today, that Smash Bros. Brawl will launch in the Americas on December 3rd."

Yeah right. >_>

Tony_

Smash Ace
I still can't get over how useless the statement Reggie made is now.

"The Smash community is stoked, but when? Well. Not next year. Not next Spring. I can announce today, that Smash Bros. Brawl will launch in the Americas on December 3rd."

Yeah right. >_>
Reggie very seldom backs down from what he promises. He might work something out with Sakurai and Sora. Until then, sit back and relax.

Top Bottom