• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Karleko

Smash Cadet
Hahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaahahahaahaha...I'm sorry I(for laughing). Smash Dojo Us site now says To Be Dated (TBD) instead of december 3rd, Japan release date January 24.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well....that pretty much kills this thread. T_T

Hmmmm....and now what is Nintendo planning to do about the millions of people around the world that reserved it already at their local game store? =w=

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
At first i didn't believe Sonic was confirmed, but now that I've seen his update, Im super excited
But now Im pissed that the release date has been pushed back.
Now I cant play it this chrismas...
This release date change got me thinking about Brawl, now that this happend...
but it was bound to happen...

Elysium

Smash Lord
I wonder why it's been delayed. From what we've seen it looked like everything was awesome. Then out of the blue they shoot this at us....coupled with a mediocre character update. Something this big should have been coupled with the whole character roster to lessen the blow of crushed X-mas dreams.....

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!

Oh, man. It was going to be released on my birthday! Melee was released on my birthday and Brawl was going to be, too.

Very sad news, indeed.... but.... I am willing to wait for quality. I will especially wait if Nintendo will make a headset for online play..........

twerk_face

Smash Rookie
All in favour of banning Sonic first?

I can't believe you. This is just an amazing update that is going to make the game that much more fun, and instead of talking about the possibilities it opens up for gameplay experience, you immediatly jump to talking about banning him from tourny play. Disgusting.:mad:

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I would've smashed my computer if not for the Sonic update. There really isn't anything worse to do than to delay the release date. If it didn't come coupled with Sonic to sedate me a little bit, I...... I could not be held responsible for my actions.

C00P

Smash Cadet
Don't you all see? They probably knew they had sonic for awhile now... but then something (glitch, update, idea) happened and they decided they needed more time. I bet 100 bucks that they were going to wait until later to reveal Sonic, but because they arn't dumb, also realized that a delay would anger people so ****ing terribly. What do you do... put your best foot forward to soften the blow... which it did, but only a bit. I'll get my Sonic when I get my Sonic... but honestly... the delay pisses me off much much more.

Good try Nintendo... but in my opinion....go **** yourself.

I'm still buying smashbros but my *** is bleeding from all the ****ing around you've done to me over the years. Please... stop avoiding news... jus be straight with your cutomers thats all I ask.

Smash Ace
There was a time back in September when I was viewing an update that I lookd to the yonder corner and saw that it said TBD. maybe something got mixed when putting up Japan's date.
...Or was there a notice that said they delayed the game?

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Nothing official has been said about a delay in the US; however, the Dojo site did say that further production was required for the game, so I think it is a safe bet that the States will have to wait a bit longer for Brawl.

Zjiin

Smash Master
sucks. I already took off work for the week for December 3rd to get some hardcore playing in. I'm gonna have to see if i can change it whenever Nintendo decides to make up their minds.

Smash Ace
Nothing official has been said about a delay in the US;

that's good. Let's hope they can do that production in the 7 1/2 weeks we have left, as opposedto claim to have the game finished and just waving it out of our reach.
*sighs*
makes me wonder...

Darkmusician

Smash Master
sucks. I already took off work for the week for December 3rd to get some hardcore playing in. I'm gonna have to see if i can change it whenever Nintendo decides to make up their minds.
Oh man I know what you mean. I was gonna buy it at midnight and then my friend and I were gonna play it all night. Maybe even longer. lolz

Tony_

Smash Ace
All in favour of banning Sonic first?
Hey. You. Shut your ***** mouth. Seruiously.

OMGZ SONICCC IS BROOOKOEEENNNNNN

Yeah STFU. Seriously. If your already banning characters, you MUST be horrible at Melee and probably are biast against 3rd parties.

Whats next? Ban all characters except for Fox and maybe Falco? Yeah. Tourney***s like you make me sick.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I would've smashed my computer if not for the Sonic update. There really isn't anything worse to do than to delay the release date. If it didn't come coupled with Sonic to sedate me a little bit, I...... I could not be held responsible for my actions.
Yeah, the only reason my violent tendencies have also subsided is I am still giddy from the Sonic announcement. But I have no idea when it will wear off, and then what will I do...

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the game has been delayed in the U.S., too. Check smashbros.com, English site, and look at where December 3rd used to be; it's not there anymore. It now reads - "Release Date: TBD".

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Don't you all see? They probably knew they had sonic for awhile now... but then something (glitch, update, idea) happened and they decided they needed more time. I bet 100 bucks that they were going to wait until later to reveal Sonic, but because they arn't dumb, also realized that a delay would anger people so ****ing terribly. What do you do... put your best foot forward to soften the blow... which it did, but only a bit. I'll get my Sonic when I get my Sonic... but honestly... the delay pisses me off much much more.

Good try Nintendo... but in my opinion....go **** yourself.

I'm still buying smashbros but my *** is bleeding from all the ****ing around you've done to me over the years. Please... stop avoiding news... jus be straight with your cutomers thats all I ask.
i agree 100% on the release date.

Smash Ace
We got the Wii before they did. why can't we get Smash before the ****?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
December 3rd 2007. You get Brawl & you wet your pants out of joy.

????????? ??? 2007/8. You get Brawl & you wet your pants out of joy.

This game is worth any wait. If you cant wait, go die.

We in Europe still have no clue when we are getting it.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Well yeh, it says that, but as ScaryMunky said, on the Europe/US smash bros site, they've removed the 3rd of December release date notice and changed it to TBD. I'd trust the official site more than thewiire.
The Europe Smash Bros never had a release date.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
whyyyyyyyyyyyyy must this happen i really thought that brawl would be released when its supposed i honestly believed that we would get the game on time and know this, why must u screw with us sakurai why must u make it hurt so much

GenG

Smash Lord
I wonder why Nintendo haven't cleared this yet. I mean they haven't said anything, it may be a mistake while updating the DOJO. Is the most awaited game and the release date got changed without any notice.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why Nintendo haven't clear this yet. I mean they haven't said anything, it may be a mistake while updating the DOJO. Is the most awaited game and the release date got changed without any notice.
well the japan date was anounced today i think but the us one want really talked about so hopefully ur ight and while chaning the japan date they changed the us one back to tbd

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Don't they have a press conference that Matt Cassamasina is going to within the next day or so in San Francisco? Hopefully things can get cleared up there.

richie137

Smash Cadet
Whatever date, that will be will be somewhere between the Christmas Rush and January or February. I am going look at this two ways, if it is in the Christmas Rush, it will be great for Nintendo but not great for people like me, because the game on its original date, is too dangerously close to finals, and for some people on finals already, which will disasterous for some, because you study or play brawl (I go to school at Hofstra University). I think pushing it back is the right way, (and the right idea) for some people, because simply some of you guys do not have to go through school, plus it always comes out as a better game for everyone.

Top Bottom