• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

quam

Smash Cadet
as soon as i found out the release date i realised it wont be out here in new zealand till june or somethin. watever, i'll hav to wait :(

Gentleman

Smash Rookie
Oh boy, you all have fun while us British wait until sometime next year.

Well, at least it won't be like those *******s known as "Square Enix" who release games here next millennia.

Karleko

Smash Cadet
If we are lucky, we might get Brawl alot sooner then you think, seeing as how online is gonna be worldwide, they won't be making that many changes (language options) to the game.

If there are to many differences in the PAL and NTSC version, we might nog be able to play against each other.
Maybe we'll get it December 7 (or 14) which are both Friday's.

Offcourse, I myself think the earliest it will be released in Europe is Febuary something. But here's hoping December....

AAAAH DREAMS:(, such lucid fantasy's.

Corkimus

Smash Rookie
lol there is a wonderful invention called ebay. I'm sure that most foreign countries will be able to purchase the game from an American selling it, and practice all the moves because everyone recognizes most of the nintendo characters and knows who they want to play.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
lol there is a wonderful invention called ebay. I'm sure that most foreign countries will be able to purchase the game from an American selling it, and practice all the moves because everyone recognizes most of the nintendo characters and knows who they want to play.
There are PAL and NTSC version, meaning we cant just buy from america, otherwise i would...

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Elaborate. Not familiar with those acronyms.
He's saying theres 2 different version of wii's. NTSC is america and only works on american games. Pal is other countries the only work on pal games. You can bypass that through mod chips though. I'd get one of those if i lived in the pal places :p

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm getting a Wii in November which means Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3and a heck of a lot of VC games are gonna keep me occupied until December 3rd. I guess I'll have to let Melee and Smash Updates fill the void until November though. :p

NeoShade

Smash Rookie
NNID
NeoShade
aw...

Good thing I have plenty of time saved up already at work =). I'm gonna defiantly take some time off! Maybe even skip some classes too...

hallmonitorxlk

Smash Rookie
Worldwide Release Date???

for such a highly anticipated game would in not make more sense to release the game at the same time all around the world. Or is it only december 3 in America.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
hmm... if memory serves me right... descember 3 is the 7 year anniversary of melee coming out, and my birthday!

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
:( Awww man, I wish they'd release it on the same date everywhere.

It's like they've just forgotten about us Brits :(

Please release it in December here so we can do all our talking to the Americans on the battlefield :)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know it's December 3rd in America but there has been no release date schedualed for Europe or Australasia as far as I am aware.

Hope it's not long though :(

Saith

Smash Apprentice
hey who is this legendary mcfox? he dont sound all that great ya

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...surely if Austrailians get it on the 31st December then Europe shouldn't be too far away!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I doubt Europe will get it that early. Every Game I went to said a 2008 Q1 release. One said January.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Well that's fine for you, December 3rd. I got something like January or maybe even February :(:(:(

Baiten

Smash Rookie
I want to play SSBB all christmas long!
I don't understand why Nintendo is ignoring us Europeans like this... :(

TheLivingJohn

Smash Rookie
Yeah, why don't they release with the US and Japan versions. Do they need to add different languages or something. Really, what is the john for this one?

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, why don't they release with the US and Japan versions. Do they need to add different languages or something. Really, what is the john for this one?
My guess is marketing. The Wii sells itself in Japan, Microsoft can't even give the 360 away, and the PS3 won't be a threat until they make a Final Fantasy for it. But in America, Nintendo has serious competition with Microsoft. Halo fever will still be boosting sales around the holidays, and Nintendo wants to use Brawl as their weapon.

Top Bottom