• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
If they're effing thinking about pushing back the release date, then @ least they should give us big*** news, like if we'll be able to use something like the wifi headset for the ds as means for communication with friends, or at least tell us that they're thinking about putting in more third party characters

AT LEAST GIVE US SOMETHING LIKE A BETA FOR BRAWL ON WIIWARE!!!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Nintendo is s*** I hate it when people break their promises. If u cant be sure about completing then don't give us a freaking release date!! Dammit I have to join army in March so I don't even have a month to finish the game!!! I'm sooo pissed off now!!

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
I love how everyone is complaining there's not enough content in the game. That's bull**** guys, they've added things NO ONE thought to put in the smash brothers title and it will surely add a very different and unique feel to the gameplay.

I hope it's delayed til January or February, that way I'll have money and be able to get a Wii and Brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Funny how the number one Smash forum is pissed off against Sakurai.

I am extremely upset that they made it such a big deal to PROMISE TO US that it would be here by December, but in a way, I was watching the Brawl updates, and the game felt a bit empty. Not enough items, characters, stages, etc. Hopefully they can squeeze more in by launch now. Keep in mind, they would have to have the game gold and finished by end of November if they had stuck to release schedule, and I knew that it wouldn't be perfect by then. At least now they have until the beginning of January.

I still can't get over how useless the statement Reggie made is now.

"The Smash community is stoked, but when? Well. Not next year. Not next Spring. I can announce today, that Smash Bros. Brawl will launch in the Americas on December 3rd."

Yeah right. >_>
Yea, they all are failing. I need to call Kojima on them! :laugh:

At least Sakurai apologized. Still, unless they were 99% positive Brawl was going to be ready by then, they should not have made that confirmation. That was Nintendo's stupidest moves since the Gamecube NOT HAVING ANYT REAL ONLINE (outside of a few games). Wat do we get instead=??? 1,000 smashers playing it in LA, while 90% of smashers can't even play the game yet, and taking pictures. Big f***ing deal. They should not confirm anything unless they are positive, end of story.

Right now I would not be surprised if we ended out getting Brawl on December 3rd, 2008!

Somasu

Smash Ace
Right now I would not be surprised if we ended out getting Brawl on December 3rd, 2008!
Heh, you know, I can definitely agree with you there.

Nintendo's got a nice history of announcing things that just don't happen.

I'm bummed. 2 more months of waiting... Nintendo missing the holiday season..

At the same time, however, I'm glad Sakurai has the decency to appologize for the mistake. Also, I'd much rather wait and play an incredible game, than get a crappy game now.

SynTheTik

Smash Rookie
It's all a scheme for people to have time between Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl. Because SMG comes out first, people will buy it, get more moneys, then buy Brawl.

D:

Wow, you people are acting like a bunch of spoiled children.

So what? Reggie made a promise that was eventually prooven false. But he cannot make a promise such as this because he isn't in direct control of Smash Bros. development. Sakurai knows that everyone expected Smash Bros Brawl to be released in december in time for the holiday season, but he has apologized (Which he didn't have to do, for he doesn't owe any of us favors), and he is trying to make ammends for the delay. We get another third party character, new trailer, several gameplay videos (Which can possibly cause a spread of the demo to more Nintendo Wii kiosk) and we still get daily updates. I'm actually greatful for what Nintendo is actually doing right now, for they normally wouldn't do squat. This delay is only for the greater good, he is making the game better for you to play.

Those who complain about this minor delay don't deserve this game, period.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Haha, I agree. Like I do wish it was sooner, but we've been waiting this whole time, we can wait longer! And besides, he IS making the game even better! So, I'll live

Eagle

Smash Lord
Nintendo is s*** I hate it when people break their promises. If u cant be sure about completing then don't give us a freaking release date!! Dammit I have to join army in March so I don't even have a month to finish the game!!! I'm sooo pissed off now!!
Man, I feel for ya'. My older brother is so fun to play against, and hes joining the army in February..

Since we're Aussie, he most likely won't get a chance to play it, but when he comes back for Christmas or whatever time he gets to come back, he won't be fun to play against anymore because he will totally suck.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Im not saddened by the delay, I'm sure the game will be better for it.

But please, for the love of God stop leaving PAL regions in the dark. Give us anything. The month it will arrive, the quarter, whatever, something to look forward to. It's almost as if this game is only coming out in NA and Japan.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you people are acting like a bunch of spoiled children.

So what? Reggie made a promise that was eventually prooven false. But he cannot make a promise such as this because he isn't in direct control of Smash Bros. development. Sakurai knows that everyone expected Smash Bros Brawl to be released in december in time for the holiday season, but he has apologized (Which he didn't have to do, for he doesn't owe any of us favors), and he is trying to make ammends for the delay. We get another third party character, new trailer, several gameplay videos (Which can possibly cause a spread of the demo to more Nintendo Wii kiosk) and we still get daily updates. I'm actually greatful for what Nintendo is actually doing right now, for they normally wouldn't do squat. This delay is only for the greater good, he is making the game better for you to play.

Those who complain about this minor delay don't deserve this game, period.
Agreed...

I'm amazed at how ungrateful some people have been acting over this minuscule "delay."

I'm not gonna name names, but here's a post that I read just a few minutes ago, "Clearly Sonic was announced to cushion the impact of the release date being pushed. But you know what? Nothing could cancel that out, as it's the worst thing of all negative things to be said about Brawl, besides cancelling it of course, which would never happen."

Lol... Are you kidding me? The worst thing that could have happend? To the people who whine and cry over this, I say this... grow up.

If anything, this is further proof of how much Sakurai cares about the game he is making.

Smash Ace
Ouch. that delay was quite the blow to me--nearly left me unconscious.
Guess it gives me ample time to buy and beat Fire Emblem come its release--unless it gets delayed as well.

Baiten

Smash Rookie
Im not saddened by the delay, I'm sure the game will be better for it.

But please, for the love of God stop leaving PAL regions in the dark. Give us anything. The month it will arrive, the quarter, whatever, something to look forward to. It's almost as if this game is only coming out in NA and Japan.
I second you on this one, It's like we don't even exist.
I'm pretty sure UK+Europe have a consumer market worth satisfying.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm not upset so much about the delay, since we were still a long way off whats the difference really. Itll give me time to enjoy SMG and Fire Emblem and whatother gems. I just feel like they buttered us up by telling us what we want to hear, increasing our anticipation tenfold, then pulling it just out of our reach. I know it will be worth it, I just can't agree with the way in which it was sprung on us. Nothing against Sakurai, I was still heat of the moment upset with my last post. Rejoice Smashers of the world; Dozens more updates and a better final product!

...and if we get down because of this, we show we're no better than Microsoft/Sony fans, theyd be crying if Halo 3 or whatever else was delayed

~Onslaught~

Smash Cadet
HA HA AMERICA NOW YOU KNOW HOW THE PEOPLE IN THE UK FELL...LOL 'GET READY TO BRAWL 2008' :D.......BUT WAIT DOES THIS MEAN UK RELEASE DATE WILL GET DELAYED...EVEN THERE ISN't AN OFFICIAL DATE?

The Blue Bomber

Smash Rookie
I just think of it as a quality control issue. Think about it. Sakurai said that this was going to be the last Super Smash Bros that he does so he wants to make sure that it is the best it can possibly be and that this game will be enjoyed for years upon end. I know that if I was producing my last game of a series I would want it to be absolutely perfect so that all the fans would be able to enjoy it until the end. Dont get me wrong....I was very sad when i saw the update this morning but I would rather the game be PERFECT than have some flaws and glitches that affect the gameplay.

I respect the fact that he is pushing the date back to test every aspect of the game to make sure it is completely balanced and that no character has a distinct advantage over another. Hopefully this game wont be able to have "tier" list because the characters are so balanced that people base their characer selections off of. That was one thing that i think really hurt melee and that brawl could definately do without. The idea behind this series was for you to be able to pick YOUR FAVORITE cahracter that you like the most and have an equal playing ground with your opponent.....not you pick the one with the best stats.

Also just hink that this also might give tham time to potentually add more character. I know that my favorite (Megaman) hasnt been added yet so this delay will also give us more updates on the Dojo.

People just need to sit back and enjoy the updates. Yes, they are missing the x-mas season rush which i think will hurt the sales a little but I know that there are alot of people like me, who only bought the wii for this game. This is by far the most anticipated game for the wii end of story.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Onslaught where are you from?

and where the fcxugfjnikljfd is a date for the UK!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I second you on this one, It's like we don't even exist.
I'm pretty sure UK+Europe have a consumer market worth satisfying.
There is undoubtedly a market in PAL regions. Yet it still seems no one cares.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
It's just the extra two-month wait that's bugging me a bit. No holiday season, no birthday gift....here's to getting a rich girlfriend for Valentine's Day!

Naw, j/k, but really, I'm not happy about waiting another 8 weeks from Dec 3. But I'm certain nobody is happy about it. So I'll live.

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
Well one good piece came out about this, well, for me anyway. My birthday's in January, near the end, and I'll have money to buy a Wii and get Brawl. Then, my brother and I (Smash is one of the few games we mutually love) will be able to play via Wi-Fi. Just like the good'ol days of Melee and the original. I'm looking forward simply to the nastalgic feel I'll get when we get to fight side-by-side again. Good times....good times.

Sorry bout the sap moment, but I figured we needed something to kinda ease the tension with all the negative/angry posts being made :)

Smash Ace
So, getting Sonic that early WAS to keep us happy. I guarentee they wouldn't have shown him if it weren't for that--or not.

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
I've heard rumors that Sonic wasn't going to be in the game at all, but Nintendo took notice of everyone clamoring for him, and rushed to put him in, and now they have to go back and fine tune everything to make sure it's all working properly.

Granted I heard this from some idiot kid that lives in my building, and I don't particularly believe it, but I'm just throwing it out there.

HA HA AMERICA NOW YOU KNOW HOW THE PEOPLE IN THE UK FELL...LOL 'GET READY TO BRAWL 2008' :D.......BUT WAIT DOES THIS MEAN UK RELEASE DATE WILL GET DELAYED...EVEN THERE ISN't AN OFFICIAL DATE?
Typically, people in UK don't get anything till' around 3-4 months after the US and Japan. You don't even have a release date set, so doesn't that mean you're shooting yourself in the foot? Why yes, yes it does Mr. I'm kewl because I use caps. Unfortunatly for you, only the childish people are complaining, so your little attack doesn't really affect many of us. Oh, did I mention we're going to play it soon too?

No offense to anyone in the UK, but I just can stand envious idiots, especially ones that contradict themselves.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I mean, I want the game to be as perfect and balanced as possible. No tier lists, just complete unity of all good chars . Imagine how much it would suck if you went on Wi-fi and just constantly played Fox players? Like 95% of the people you faced played as Fox? It'd suck.

Release date :( if the US get it on 10th February, then I'm bloody hoping UK isn't TOO far behind. Otherwise I might end up going insane.

(Quick question, would an NTSC game work with my PAL Wii? And if so would I have any Wi-fi troubles?)

Baha

Smash Cadet
"At the same time, however, I'm glad Sakurai has the decency to appologize for the mistake. Also, I'd much rather wait and play an incredible game, than get a crappy game now."
You really think 2 months is going to make a "crappy game" (like you said) into an "incredible game"?. I hate all the losers that believe in Sakurai only because he apologized (he had to) and says that he's making the game better. Of course he's going to say that, dont believe anything. I don't believe anything about Nintendo anymore.

Yes, but what if they decide to turn Brawl into Twilight Princess and delay it another year and a half? Would people still be saying "Well, it is for the perfectation (new word I just made up =]) of the game!"? I doubt it,
I've been mad since Twilight Princess, i just dont believe in Nintendo's word. I would believe they would turn SSBB into Twilight if there was a new console coming out soon.

I was annoyed at the release date, but not anymore, there is nothing i can do about it and that's that.

But i want to punch every stupid person that says 'its okay it'll just make the game better' . Don' t justify the incompetence and lies, and the breaking of a promise when they couldn't have the game ready for their promised release date.

Zjiin

Smash Master
You really think 2 months is going to make a "crappy game" (like you said) into an "incredible game"?. I hate all the losers that believe in Sakurai only because he apologized (he had to) and says that he's making the game better. Of course he's going to say that, dont believe anything. I don't believe anything about Nintendo anymore.

I've been mad since Twilight Princess, i just dont believe in Nintendo's word. I would believe they would turn SSBB into Twilight if there was a new console coming out soon.

I was annoyed at the release date, but not anymore, there is nothing i can do about it and that's that.

But i want to punch every stupid person that says 'its okay it'll just make the game better' . Don' t justify the incompetence and lies, and the breaking of a promise when they couldn't have the game ready for their promised release date.
Exactly. What do you expect them to say? "We delayed the game but it's going to be just the same?"

Nintendo is really instulting their customer's trust more and more nowadays.

I

i8waffles612

This update fails lol.... oh well. im kinda dissapointed,. but if they r gonna make it better... idc. :(

ShadeHuntr

Smash Rookie
im a little pissed about this
hopefully it doesnt turn into the whole LoZ Tp and doent bet postponed again and again and again

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Like I said, I didn't believe it, but having to quickly add a character could explain the precautionary delay to make sure everything runs smoothly
It's impossible to just "add" a character as late in the devlopement process as they are. If Sonic is in, then he HAS been in. It wasn't because people were clamoring for him, and they did it on a whim. Sonic is popular all around the world, nearly as well known as Mario. It's probably something they were planning on coming into the project. If anything, as you can tell from the snapshots update, its not so much about the physical features of the game like characters, items, stages, music, and so forth, its most likely related to features like the blurred out option in the snap shot screen. This could also be related to different modes, options, and even online play. If you're all still so upset, just buy a Japanese version a month early on eBay. The Japanese site says 1.24.o8 I thought.

Quality control, don't worry.

Top Bottom