• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Peach - An in-depth look at Peach in Brawl

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
What do you mean by below the belt? And how is it creepy? What you think I have romantic dreams about Peach or something? Because I don't, and I never will... I just like her as a character and even if I DID like her more it's not really your place to step in and call us psycho and creepy since you have no idea who we even are, you just see a couple of our posts and judge us as if you know what we're really like. =/
Qft!
But yeah we're Peach fanatics and this is how we express it :p...

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Wow...those are some changes to deal with. I just wish we still had our beloved float-canceling...oh well, if wishes were fishes. Perhaps this just calls for a drastic overhaul of Peach playing styles...*tries to be optimistic*

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more u-airs...and bairs...

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I love Peach as a character which is why I play her...but she really does breed some psycho fans D; truth.
I would know... I'm very close to being one. Not quite there though. :D

Uair and Bair are my aces in the hole. I'm glad I'll be able to incorporate them in my strategy more instead of relying on the Dash Attack/Up Smash strategy :p

Flan

Smash Journeyman
aww, the new tricks I picked up are useless :( My wall-bombing mind game recovery is gone :(

I want to continue with Peach but she is not even the same person she was in Melee.

artifice

Smash Ace
Jab - It now launches the opponent even at low percentages (although it doesn't launch them that high). As crouch canceling is now out, you no longer have to fear them CC:ing her jab and punishing her.

the first jab is the same as melee and wont realy give any knock back, if you jab+jab the second one will knock back. you usualy dont want to jab twice. peach is too slow to combo when you let people get away from you. just like you said about the dash attack, as it hits twice as well, and knocks them back too far. extremely annoying while playing good players.

Dair - Nerfed. I believe it's got a little bit higher priority and hitbox. However, the last hit launches and it launches them quite a lot so unless they only have 20% or less after the dair hits, you cannot combo from it. This coupled with the nerfed second jump greatly diminishes the use of dair.
it true about the last hit of the dair, but you can stop it from hitting them by DI'ing behind them, (if they are on the ground), and then get a dsmash off decently easly. i think her most usefully move, if not her fsmash. but that knock back again, can be a *****.

.lets see... i do like the peach bomber, its fast enough and long enough to tech chase / punish rolls (if your feeling janky). uair is good, but since her second jump is so bad, you are left with short combos.

she feels slower to me as well... you said the dash is faster, but i am having problems geting to people to punish them.

people saying she is god tear? I think she should feel lucky to be mid teir. plus almost everyone in the game has as good as a recovery as her (her best feature in melee after dsmash). and she the only one who wont turn around to grab the edge if you up b the wrong way, which you will a lot, because FD is a little gay.

yup yup

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Wow... those are a lot of changes ~_~ I'll not quit Peach, not even if she becomes bottom tier. It's kinda masochist, but I enjoy using bad characters >_< I love to play as Kirby and Zelda in Melee, but not nearly as much as I love to play as Peach. Sheesh... Peach will not be the same anymore -_- I guess this time Kirby will be my primary main.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
lol it was hard for me to adapt wen i used peach in brawl compared to melee...lol it was hard for me to get in a KO sometimes - i struggled on pikachu and almost got owned - and the jump i dunt even notice it lol

well i guess since she has less KO moves, peach players will have to think about what attacks to use - just so they dont lose dmg/kb on stale moves

but at least her gameplay hasnt changed so so so much compared to Ganon lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I was playing Brawl and Float Cancelling is still in actually. Try it again and you will see.
And plus I am Professor Pro so that automatically means I am never wrong.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Brawl and Float Cancelling is still in actually. Try it again and you will see.
And plus I am Professor Pro so that automatically means I am never wrong.
lol i duno who to believe now...FC is in or not??!!?!

either way Peach isnt that bad

Queen

Smash Apprentice
I don't know...it might just be that the aerials have less lag in general...but here's to hoping.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The following was added to the initial post:
Item tossing has been nerfed - The distance she can throw items (including turnips) now has been nerfed greatly.
Beam-sword (hers) has been nerfed - No range on anything.
Stichface - Greatly diminished knockback.
Bob-Ombs - Nerfed. Diminished knockback.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have only two problems with her and thats her 2nd jump and that she still doesnt have any KO moves....
Yeah, how could they nerf her KO-abilities when they weren't even existent in Melee? And leave Fox's Upsmash pretty much unchanged?

artifice

Smash Ace
very good friend made it for me. Its hard to find "man dresses" ;D

scary thought : I main Zero suit samus in brawl ;D

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, how could they nerf her KO-abilities when they weren't even existent in Melee? And leave Fox's Upsmash pretty much unchanged?
Yeah Fox's upsmash ***** Peach
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_nI5BUa6elM

I also hate the fact that Marth is just as strong...maybe even stronger...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAxngg6kux0

I mean, I as a Peach player was all for the nerf of her downsmash...but not to the way it is now with no knockback. I mean they still didn't give her a KO move. She can be KOed at low percentages but it seems impossible for her to KO another character at low percentages. Her special moves such as Peach Bomber are still not strong and they're predictable. She's way more fragile when she using her umbrella. She takes FOREVER to fall even after she closes it. I played Brawl the other day and well against some characters such as Marth, doesn't look easy at all for Peach. I think they overdid the powering down with Peach T_T.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
She was nerfed pretty badly because she is a woman. We need to sue Sakurai for being sexist! ^_^
Yeah, every single woman in Melee was nerfed into infinity, except Zelda, who's still not good enough to make up for the nerfing of the other female characters.

The new female character in Brawl, Zero Suit Samus is mediocre. Not bad but not anywher near Top Tier.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
This is breaking my heart, but so did moving from kirby in the very first, to peach in brawl. I have been I balling the Pt.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Silent_Rain said:
I mean, I as a Peach player was all for the nerf of her downsmash...but not to the way it is now with no knockback.
Agreed. It's needed to be nerfed.... but the dev team behind brawl went WAYYYYY to far with it. I mean heck, if it hits once it only does like 6 damage. A smash attack doing SIX damage!?! What were they thinking!?!?! /rant

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
She was nerfed pretty badly because she is a woman. We need to sue Sakurai for being sexist! ^_^
Yeah, every single woman in Melee was nerfed into infinity, except Zelda, who's still not good enough to make up for the nerfing of the other female characters.

The new female character in Brawl, Zero Suit Samus is mediocre. Not bad but not anywher near Top Tier.
Don't play the Gender Card, guys...nothing good EVER comes out of that. ~_~

Getting back on topic, thanks for the info, Yuna, but I'm confused now by the conflicting stuff about Peach here. At first, it was like "she's better than ever", but now it's like "she's been concussed by the Nerf bat!"

I'll still support and use her no matter what, though. :) And I agree with airgemini, let's wait and see.

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
I think this review is far to harsh on peach. I find I prefer brawl peach over melee peach so far. Her movement is a lot tighter and her increased speed is definately welcome.

One thing i find that puzzled me about the Yuna's post is the claim that fair comes out quicker and has faster cooldown. I wonder if he means landing lag because her cooldown as i define it (ie the time you must wait until you can do another move) has most certainly increased. You can't double bair or even insta float after an aerial anymore . (this annoys me the most about new Peach)

He forward throw is extremely laughable now though, thats not an option for a ko move AT ALL.

Peach just plays very differently from melee its pretty clear she has changed a lot. Whether this makes her better or worse relative to others remains to be seen. Right now I would have to say she doesn't look as strong in before though, but that could change.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Yeah Fox's upsmash ***** Peach
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_nI5BUa6elM

I also hate the fact that Marth is just as strong...maybe even stronger...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAxngg6kux0
Well... the Peach player did very well in both of those matches. From my perspective, it could've gone either way.

The guy was just a little stupid with taunts in the Marth match. NEVER taunt on a Marth. Once Marth gets you, there's no getting out.

But seriously, what happened to Peach? Didn't Gimpy say she was better in E4All? Was she nerfed from there, or was Gimpy just wrong?

You can't double bair or even insta float after an aerial anymore .
****... double bair was practically my trump card... guess I'll have to find a new one.

Oh, and Peach not killing on 120%, and getting killed at 90% is nothing new.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
In all of the matches I've seen where Peach loses it's either over a silly mistake the Peach player made, the Peach player sucked, or the Peach player and the opponent were very close... I never really saw a video when Peach was at her best, made no mistakes and still lost horribly. O.o

I need to wait for this game to come out, I refuse to believe that she sucks in Brawl until I can play as her myself. >=(

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
-___-

I can't believe this is happening, my mains are always nerfed to death X_x First Kirby, now Peach... my only "stable" main is Jiggs... but I don't play as her as much as I do with Peach/Kirby. We'll have to develop a whole new Peach, abusing our best moves >_<

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
I don't think its so much she has been nerfed or sucks, more like other characters have overtaken her.

After further playing i really think she is quite inferior to her melee incarnation. Only the most die hard of peach fans will still use her i think... the mechanics of brawl do not treat peach kindly AT ALL.

I'm looking for a new main. :(

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
All in all, she seems slightly better. It's just that everyone else is a lot better, and she can't do any of the techniques she could do in Melee. Trust me, if you stick with the Peach, it'll eventually give you sweet nectar, and you'll also be able to make borderline sexual metaphors. :p

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
All in all, she seems slightly better. It's just that everyone else is a lot better, and she can't do any of the techniques she could do in Melee. Trust me, if you stick with the Peach, it'll eventually give you sweet nectar, and you'll also be able to make borderline sexual metaphors. :p
Better or worse is subjective, it depends on what made M.Peach fun in melee. the double bair pretty much was the deal breaker with me. She hasn't improved in enough areas to warrant the nerfs she has been given. I've moved over to Pit and am liking him immensely.

I will still probably mess around with B.Peach as a sub char.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm sorry, but.....

I love reading threads like these where annoying broken characters are nerfed.

Yay, Sakurai!!!!!

*Runs back to the Marth forums.

Irony FTW.

Nah, but seriously, wtf@ Sakurai.

Random tripping wasn't enough for that sadist he had to take a nerf dildo and cram it up Peach's vajayjay.

Terrible. Oh, well. Moving on to Pit and Metaknight I guess.

Liquid-Gold

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, but.....

I love reading threads like these where annoying broken characters are nerfed.

Yay, Sakurai!!!!!

*Runs back to the Marth forums.

Irony FTW.

Nah, but seriously, wtf@ Sakurai.

Random tripping wasn't enough for that sadist he had to take a nerf dildo and cram it up Peach's vajayjay.

Terrible. Oh, well. Moving on to Pit and Metaknight I guess.
I admit, I lol'd.

I think Sakurai needs to figure out that balancing a character =/= violatiing them with a nerf bat. Once more, characters like Marth are JUST AS GOOD as their overpowered Melee incarnation. Until we find some awesome technique or strength for Peach, I'm afraid she'll be crushed by tier whores who like to use Marth and Fox.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I wonder if us Peach players WILL find an awesome technique that takes her up to high tier? X3 Hey even if it's unlikely a kid can dream. ^^;

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Well Im still going to play peach, just its about who feels fun the first time I played melee. I play behind the idea of characters and how they handle. I played peach falco samus and luigi in melee.I am a lil annoyed that characters like marth are the same. I know far to many people that play him so im kinda against marth,that and I have no history with his games. I was wondering though if they did this so not anyone could pick up peach. Make it a bit more harder so people can actually use her instead of dsmash and throw radishes? Now I agree the couple of threads I read are a lil harsh we and I should still try her to see for myself. If she doesnt feel as fun to play as another character I will probably switch but i wont be done with peach forever. I just enjoyed playing competively when Im the only person who doesnt use marth or falco but its a new game so I shall see.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
you do notice that among peach's many nerfs she does have several buffs, though the nerfs are a tad bit more serious than her buffs.

I, a melee BOTTOM-tier zelda main, am excited that my main went up to ATLEAST mid-tier but hate what sakurai did with balance. Peach NEEDED to be nerfed, but not this much... Samus, didn't need to be nerfed at all, I'm ok with what they did to fox as they didn't nerf him to infinity nor did they keep him broken, same with CFalcon, BUT Marth is unacceptably strong after being broken in melee, his nerfs aren't even as close to as serious as those previously stated.

Sakurai do you have ANY idea of what your doing!? I hope to god that he isn't doing the next smash (wtf 2 yrs for 35 chars, what have you been doing the whole time!? oh ya, the freaking SSE!), as he says that this may be HIS last smash, though I'm scared that he may do SSB4 because he says hes got some ideas for it in the interview.

ATLEAST I can say no one is broken thus far.

Top Bottom