• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suic

Smash Cadet
double post, but for pics:

Japanese Distant Planet fix:

75m Replacement (edited):

edit: some download fixes (SMI, 75m, and Distant Planet):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ayt5hhiwml0
I am somewhat confused here...those are just stages from SSE that we have had for quite some time only one has a new background. If we are considering all SSE stages then there are a decent number of others that people would also consider awesome...maybe I'm missing something?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
What about the original JP 75M, Froho. I like that stage.
we already have a reverse BF layout, though.

edit: @ suic: they'll be included in a DLC, but not made tourney standard. yes, these are SSE stages we've had for a while, i'm just identifying which ones are included in the download (note that i didn't picture the ones on SMI).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
we already have a reverse BF layout, though.
But the stages are pretty different in multiple categories which warrents it being its own stage. :/

BF and PS2 practically have the same stage layout. But they're different stages because of multiple differences in the categories.

Bring the stage back, please.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The layout is still the same in spirit. All that's missing is a single plat. Other than that, they're way more identification than RF+ and RBF.

There are more differences between RF+ and RBF than BF and PS2. :|

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
RF+ and RBF are not too much alike.

Does RBF have a passable base? Does have RBF have really close side boundaries? Does RBF have sloped platforms? Does RBF have a slanted base? Does RBF have sides that are as long as RF+'s? Does RBF have such a long base? Does RBF have the same ceilings?

There are waay more differences in RBF vs RF+ than what you think and it warrents have its own stage imo.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I've been saying that that tree area, the replacement for Distant Planet, should be used for awhile now.

I'm glad that there is a download to it now, hopefully with boundary corrections.

Also, which one is it in the downloads? Earth? And what are the .rels for again? That, and where did they go? I think I know, but I'd like to be sure.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
.rels go in the modules folder. earth is distant planet.

i've spent the past 9 hours working on a stage just to have it blow up. **** you people. **** your complaints. **** your problems. if you don't like what i do, then do it yourself. i don't even care anymore.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
.rels go in the modules folder. earth is distant planet.

i've spent the past 9 hours working on a stage just to have it blow up. **** you people. **** your complaints. **** your problems. if you don't like what i do, then do it yourself. i don't even care anymore.
calm the hell down. im not blowing up your stage. All I'm asking for is the Japanese 75M ALONG SIDE your downloads. Jeez.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
like i said, do what you want. i don't care.

oh, and its 11 hours (i got off work at 1pm and stopped working on the stage at 12am).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Wah. If you don't like critique, then GTFO of your position as a community leader.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you ever worked for 11 hours straight on something?

you're right though, i need to chill. i tried to do too much too fast and it mad my already short fuse shorter. sorry, neko. we can see about porting my version over corneria and keeping the other version on 75m (considering none of the DLC stages will be made tourney standard right now, anyway).

iLink

Smash Champion
I don't know if I would want RF+ and RBF in the same set...

Although they do have some slight differences, they are still pretty similar in terms of layout. If you played someone that bans one of those then you could always just go with the other. I rather go with Frozenhobo's then another stage that has practically the same layout.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I don't know if I would want RF+ and RBF in the same set...

Although they do have some slight differences, they are still pretty similar in terms of layout. If you played someone that bans one of those then you could always just go with the other. I rather go with Frozenhobo's then another stage that has practically the same layout.
The differences are greater than you think. They're anything by slight bro.

**** man. Even the space between the platforms are different enough to matter in terms of spacing. Christ.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well we could make a BF with slightly curved platforms, move them a tad and alter the ledges a bit but it would still involve the same general playstyle from the regular BF due to the same layout. I'm just saying we should avoid stages that are too similar to each other.

I don't mind the stage itself at all, I rather like it myself but I just don't see a reason to put it in.

Bandit

Smash Lord
The differences are greater than you think. They're anything by slight bro.

**** man. Even the space between the platforms are different enough to matter in terms of spacing. Christ.
Calm down, Neko. I'll settle it for you.

Those Japanese stages really really suck, and we don't need them.

75m replacement is big and there are far too many platforms. The Distant Planet replacement has those stupid dipped platforms and dipped main stage.

Neither of them lend itself to competitive play since we have similar stage layouts already.

If you want to argue they are different, go right ahead. You can dress Battlefield in any skin you want, but in the end, it is still Battlefield.

bleyva

Smash Ace
this dudes got a knack for setting off atom bombs in the smash workshop.

kinda agree with him though, i mean i know japan's totally awesome or whatever, but im not really seeing whats so great about those replacements.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Calm down, Neko. I'll settle it for you.
Settle my ***.

Mmmm. Look at that opinion.

75m replacement is big and there are far too many platforms. The Distant Planet replacement has those stupid dipped platforms and dipped main stage.
4 platforms. What? Too many my ***. And the original has 3. the DP replacement is meh though. And they really arent too big. Sure as hell a step up from our boundaries though.

Neither of them lend itself to competitive play since we have similar stage layouts already.
Froho's replacement? No we don't. The Original Reversed Battlefield? It's played on differently, compared to RF+.

If you want to argue they are different, go right ahead. You can dress Battlefield in any skin you want, but in the end, it is still Battlefield.
Except it's not battlefield because you don't play on it the same **** way you would Battlfield because of a bunch of things that set the stages apart. Like how the **** plats are ****ing reversed. lmao.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
just going to note: at this point in time, all DLC is optional and will not be tourney standard. future tourney legal stages will be added in updates to the official B+ codeset (though some of these may borrow from past DLC stages if the demand is high enough). for now, though, take any tourney arguments out of the equation.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please tell me what stages have been added in the 7.0.3 version? I have mismatching stage icons with their names, mismatching stage icons with their actual stage and the same stage over several different ones (SSE Jungle overwrites I think Hyrule AND 75m)

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I think its about **** time for a changelist.

how many months does it take to produce one .txt file?

BEES

Smash Lord
jiang never said they were competing against each other
he simply stated that b+ players will move on to p:m for more fast-paced gameplay
which is true

I definitely will do that, because it is faster, and I feel really terrible about that, because the last thing I need is a game I've already played. B+ has the potential to surpass Melee in every way, but the people running the show seem to be holding it back intentionally.

My current problem: there's no hacking project out there for someone like me. All I want is a new game that enhances upon the Smash Bros formula. I want the game I was looking forward to when I was waiting for Brawl's release.
Brawl Minus - while it does have some of the things I'm looking for, like random jump-cancels and other character-specific ATs added to attacks, it's too spammy. Too many one-hit KOs and bull**** attacks to be a deep game.
Project M - it's Melee again. Down to the finest detail. This project shoots itself in the foot from the beginning by setting the bar at the last game and not above it.
Brawl Plus - friction problems, inadequate speed, and a lack of depth still plague this game. Too much camping, not enough offensive to be the kind of game I want.

Think about this for a moment. If HAL had wanted to make the game good, what would they have done? They would have taken Melee and added moves, added tactics, added depth.

And that's what Brawl+ SHOULD be. An evolution. It should be to Melee what Melee was to 64. Stop settling for 'well it's better than Brawl'.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
HAL Labs really didn't have any say in it though from my understanding. Basically Nintendo payed Sakurai (Head dev of Hal) or rather the god father and the rest of the Hal Lab team is like the Mafia. Baiscally whatever sakurai wanted we basically got. It's technically not Nintendo or Hals dev team fault for making brawl bad. If Hal and Nintendo wanted to make the game great like how melee was in terms of greatness they wouldve by passed any thoughts of what Sakurai might of had. Considering you have to keep in mind that Sakurai never "intended" Melee to be a competative game( Same goes for brawl but succeeded) and once he found out it was he purposely made Brawl horrible on purpose due to he was forced to make a smash game for Nintendo.

Think about this for a moment. If HAL had wanted to make the game good, what would they have done? They would have taken Melee and added moves, added tactics, added depth.

And that's what Brawl+ SHOULD be. An evolution. It should be to Melee what Melee was to 64. Stop settling for 'well it's better than Brawl'.
I 100% agree but the fact of the matter is B+ is still infinitely better than Vbrawl no matter which way you look at it. I know I'm not a dev or anything but I personally think IMO 5.0RC1 was the best version to date. I do digress however that there are changes in gold that I absolutley love also but I can't exactly pinpoint them. (I think its the balance of characters)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I 100% agree but the fact of the matter is B+ is still infinitely better than Vbrawl no matter which way you look at it. I know I'm not a dev or anything but I personally think IMO 5.0RC1 was the best version to date. I do digress however that there are changes in gold that I absolutley love also but I can't exactly pinpoint them. (I think its the balance of characters)
you've never played with or against ness in that build, have you?

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
you've never played with or against ness in that build, have you?
TBQH I have played Ness myself and I think he was good character and I do agree that the PKfire Lock was a bit over the top. But playing against people no. Again I live in Michigan and we really do not see much for anything of tourneys over here. I usually only play with 2 other people and the one person I play with usually wins tourneys when they have them here in MI. By the Balance thing I meant the characters Gold not 5.0 I just thought 5.0 felt faster not so much killing wise but game speed wise maybe something to do with KB and KBG. Thats the only reason to why I said that but I could be wrong I dunno.

Anywho on a different note. After recently playing Link did I get a bad .PAC file or something because when I was playing him I would get my character up after being hit but its like Link has no range on his get up attack at all. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this happening in their version.

Ulty: I was thinking the same thing. I thought maybe the game might be on a whole new level. But what Falco stated is also true.

RiteToRmnSilent

Smash Cadet
I think Brawl+ should get more credit than it does. Now that Project M is being made, everyone's giving Brawl+ the middle finger. Brawl+ has all the potential in the world to be an amazing game, and really it is good. But it just needs to go that extra mile, and right now it seems the devs are not sure whether they want to bring the game that extra mile. I feel like Brawl+ has gotten some characters perfect, but others still need some work.

I think Brawl+ would benefit greatly if they tweaked friction, tweaked some characters physics/gravity, and decreased hitlag.

The friction in Brawl+ seems to be a problem that everyone wants fixed. I think it should definitely be increased, but there should still be just enough to make ledge canceled aerials useful. Some characters need this tweak more than others, and characters like Luigi should still remain rather slippery since that's just his thing. But overall you don't feel like you have good control over your character because of their friction.

Some characters feel spot on with their physics. Falco, DDD, and Marth are a few characters that I feel the gravity on them is spot on. But overall most characters are still to floaty and feel sluggish. They fall to slow, and their jumps feel slow. During this 6 month period, I really think it would benefit this project if a lot of characters were looked into and had their gravity tweaked. This would also give them time to tweak characters moves after they tweaked their gravity and make sure everything is working properly. This would speed up the game, and make it so not every character can recover from anything. It would also help staple a lot of characters combo games together and help make the game feel much smoother.

Hitlag is another problem I have. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in older builds of Brawl+like from the 3.0's to 5.0 there was less hitlag. It made things faster, I remember the game feeling much faster back then and having much less hitlag. The hitlag now is almost comical in some cases. MK comes to mind as having some pretty bad hitlag. A universal decrease in hitlag is something I really want to see. This way, some characters would still have more than others, but it's not a stupid amount like now. This would also speed up the game.

Yeah so those are my thoughts. Ive always felt like these things needed to be done, even before I knew about Project M. Maybe people agree, maybe they don't.

Revven

FrankerZ
MK has a lot of hitlag so you have more time to SDI his attacks, it was a nerf to him made on purpose, you'll see this a lot in a few other attacks as well. Lessening hitlag is bad because it removes the ability to SDI quick enough to get out of attacks (mainly multi-hit attacks or electric attacks). It was raised for good reason. It only creates a "placebo" effect of a faster game, when it really isn't THAT much faster.

BEES

Smash Lord
Because people who don't like Melee techs wouldn't be happy.
It is possible to have Melee's speed and techs without the tech barriers. They're removing the buffer system. We're not. I'm fine with keeping ALC as it is in B+. Things that are arbitrarily hard have no strategic value. Wavedashing is a different case. It offers depth, so I think it should be included. We can find ways to make it easier. Possibly tying it to a simpler command, or perhaps a more generous starting window would be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom