• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Did you remove the windy part? Pleeeease tell me you removed the windy part. Pictochat+ is great except for that stupid windy part.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
no... he just fixed up some animation problems (skateboard animation, ferris wheel, etc.). if the windy part is that big of a deal, though, i can look at removing it too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The wind part is fine in my opinion. Yeah, it can be annoying to some, but it poses no legitimate issue with the stage and all it does is push people back. The base of Summit is more grounds for being removed than the wind part, and that isn't worthy of being removed either.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Oh my god, that stupid wind.

I hate it, it's one of the several banes of my existence. I was hoping it would be gone.

In all honest, I don't even find the ice on Summit+ that annoying, the wind, however, is another story. This may be due to me having some amount of control over how far I slide on the ice, and the wind is simply pushing me no matter what.

Even in Dream Land 64 and Green Greens, when the wind blew, I could go to the other side of the stage. With this, it's originating from the right edge of the stage, so I have to bear with it no matter what.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
How the hell? You're a GaW main. GaW is one of the characters that gets a decent, but temporary boost from the wind in terms of how well he can control the stage and how it becomes easier to keep a character of the stage.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you main g&w, i don't care what you think....

jk, i'll take a look and see what can be done. its easier to just remove it, since the people that don't want it gone are just apathetic towards it. but no promises. >_>

edit: it won't be fixed in the next release, either way.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
My god. There is no valid reason to remove the wind. The only reasons so far are "I don't like it" and "It's annoying."

The wind is hella good for characters who can control stages and are good at gimping.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Is it just me or does anyone feel like it's harder to quarter stick ledge grab or whatever it's called where you run off the stage and fast fall and turn towards the stage

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
How the hell? You're a GaW main. GaW is one of the characters that gets a decent, but temporary boost from the wind in terms of how well he can control the stage and how it becomes easier to keep a character of the stage.
*shrugs*

It always irked me. I get what you're saying, and I shouldn't be mad about this, but for whatever reason the wind just irks me.

I'm probably just raging over nothing. :ohwell:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Is it just me or does anyone feel like it's harder to quarter stick ledge grab or whatever it's called where you run off the stage and fast fall and turn towards the stage
It's harder than in Brawl due to increased gravity and increased dash speed. Just rotate the stick faster and practice it on FD. Get it down to muscle memory.

Just go from the left ledge and then dash to the right and back again. :V

*shrugs*

It always irked me. I get what you're saying, and I shouldn't be mad about this, but for whatever reason the wind just irks me.

I'm probably just raging over nothing. :ohwell:

ffffff this is why stages lose legit aspects about them. <_>

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
No my bad
Before when I had 6.0 something it felt easier
Perfect chaos hooked me up with brawl+ btw :3

ValTroX

Smash Ace
The wind can mess up a kill, but it comes out every once in a while, so I see no reason to take it away. If FroHo does a version without it, I'm certainly getting it, but it's not such a big deal

iLink

Smash Champion
Is there any way to keep my stage textures on the stages that were edited with pacs?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Valtrox, I already explained how to change the text file to make it work right.
80585FF8 -> 80585EF8
If you don't have Codemanager, I'm sure somebody else could make a new GCT for you. The new files should also be released in the next couple days.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Valtrox, I already explained how to change the text file to make it work right. If you don't have Codemanager, I'm sure somebody else could make a new GCT for you. The new files should also be released in the next couple days.
If we make this fix manually, what else do we need once you update? Is it just going to be other plussified stages or is it going to be a new gct?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Honestly, I don't remember. I did that and anything else (except for the final touches on the SSS) already, and it's saved in my working folder. You will need a new GCT once I release that SSS though, so I'm just going to be bundling the release all together.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
yeah I know Yeroc, but I don't have the codemanager. I guess I can wait for the update(I hope it comes out this week). Also, don't forget to replace FZ2 with WWR and you guys should probably use Perfect Chaos common5

Veril

Frame Savant
Crashboards!

The next patch is gonna be:
1. New SSS
2. Ness and Yoshi alternate DJCH fix
3. Tumble animation glitch fix
4. Vietgeek's camera fix (better camera with no rocket noise!)
5. Distant Planet+ removed
6. Summit+ update
7. New Common5.pac (Perfect Chaos is awesome!)
8. minor pictoplus animation adjustments.
9. Link alt. fair put in

ValTroX

Smash Ace
awesome!! can't wait for the new update, a couple of questions: if the new SSS is in, why replace FZ2 photo with WWR(PC's new common5)? can you use the added stages (the ones added though SSS)to the random selection?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Crashboards!

The next patch is gonna be:
1. New SSS
2. Ness and Yoshi alternate DJCH fix
3. Tumble animation glitch fix
4. Vietgeek's camera fix (better camera with no rocket noise!)
5. Distant Planet+ removed
6. Summit+ update
8. minor pictoplus animation adjustments.
9. Link alt. fair put in
You freezing Castle Siege or no?

Rikana

Smash Champion
You freezing Castle Siege or no?
It would be good not to have it frozen. There are quite a few stages that are pretty neutral at the moment. Having a wide range of counter pick stages would make it more interesting.

As interesting as counter picks may be, I do like it being frozen though. Or, if its even possible. Make the first part of Castle Siege and the last part, the lava part, where its almost like FD with a slight slope as separate stages. Is that even possible at the moment? I remember back then people said it wasn't.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its kind of possible (someone made an unanimated version that goes over WWR a while ago). my main concern regarding that form is how people tend to change their opinions drastically. if i recal, the entire reason we dropped the deadlands code was because it created another FD "clone". now, people are begging to add back in a stage that is even more of a clone than deadlands was.

it would be fantastic if people could just make up their minds on what they want. doing the stuff is one thing, but when people change their minds every 10 minutes it makes it impossible to have a steady list.

for the love of god, people, have a constant opinion on something.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hey, where's diamondshooter's Title screen? That screen looked awesome and I wanna use it.
I'm actually going to change the "BRAWL" text to black rather than a hint of gold because it looks sharper that way, and it matches the site. I'd be happy to give you the updated version when I make it. And thanks!

EDIT: Any chance the person who made the logo has a PSD of it or something that they'd like to allow me use of? Until then, here's all I can muster up at the moment.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3nzyzgzdyn2

I changed the positions of the "BRAWL+ VERSION BLAHBLAHBLAH junk with the Nintendo credits because I felt it looked more aesthetically pleasing. I may do more to this title screen.

Rikana

Smash Champion
It wasn't entirely a clone. It closely resembles FD but the lava part of the stage does tilt back and forth, have a slope, and different walls. I'd like playing on it because it just looks cool. I like it better than FD to be honest. Maybe, we can create it but just leave it up to the people whether or not they want to play on it? It doesn't have to be used. Or, we can make it "unique" by adding one or more platforms to it. For example, a platform that rises and sinks back into the stage like Fountain of Dreams in Melee.

Just suggesting ideas so this stage can make it in. I love how the stage looks aesthetically.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
if the new SSS is in, why replace FZ2 photo with WWR(PC's new common5)? can you use the added stages (the ones added though SSS)to the random selection?
The replacement of the FZ2 image with WWR's image was meant to only be a temporary replacement while we're waiting for the new SSS. So if WWR is going to get a "menu" icon for this new SSS, then the "menu" icons should then be changed to the WWR ones, while the FZ2 icons revert back to normal. I'm not too sure on what's being done about the SSS as of right now, so I can't really make a common5.pac to match right now, but after the release, if there's still an issue about the icon, then I'll see what I can do.

PS: But yeah...don't forget Castle Siege...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom