• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I have a quick Brawl+ question. Which buffer provides less laggy attacks? Buffer 10 or 20?
Its not less laggy attacks. Inputs come out faster the lower the buffer.

Why didn't your HT+ ever make it in? I like how looks (I actually haven't tried it yet). The only problem I see is the the lowest platform in the centre. It just screams out camping. If you remove that platform, it would be nice to have the walls inside that area wall-jumpable.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Its not less laggy attacks. Inputs come out faster the lower the buffer.

Why didn't your HT+ ever make it in? I like how looks (I actually haven't tried it yet). The only problem I see is the the lowest platform in the centre. It just screams out camping. If you remove that platform, it would be nice to have the walls inside that area wall-jumpable.
that lowest platform has no collision. you'll just fall through if you manage to get to it.

as for why its not used, i can only tell you that there is a larger support for SSE Jungle to remain in the game.

there is, however, an idea for including both in the game while simultaneously cutting all of the "un-salvageable" stages.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
As FHobo said, that lowest platform has no collision, and the walls under there can't be wall-jumped on..

..Actually, this newest version may have the lower-area walled off. Can't remember. You can't fall through the middle platform on the top, though.

As for why it's not included... Probably competition from SSE Jungle, and lack of exposure. :(

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
NAMQ: yes, that's what i would suggest. I'd probably also consider going with 2 stage bans to see how it turns out, but i think 1 is good.

Hey, what happened to Luigi's Mansion+? Whenever I choose it, it loads the regular vBrawl version, where the Mansion is still there.
Try jumping
Preferably right after starting a match, without moving your control stick left or right
;)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
To be less mysterious, the ceilings for the thicker floors was removed. The stage still feels a bit campy in my opinion, but it's significantly less sucky.

SiD

Smash Master
I have a question about buffering. According to the website, Melee had 0 buffering. But I've done and seen it where people get knocked of the stage and do an aerial to death cause they were trying to jab or something. It seems like it does buffer to me. Why does this happen?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I think HDL once said there IS buffer in melee, just very little. Anyway, seems that Puerto Rico is going to have its first brawl + tourney, I havent played the game since RC2 I think, what has changed since then? Especially for mk and TL which are my characters.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I have a question about buffering. According to the website, Melee had 0 buffering. But I've done and seen it where people get knocked of the stage and do an aerial to death cause they were trying to jab or something. It seems like it does buffer to me. Why does this happen?
This happens when people knocks on the ground before going offstage, most usually after a Crouch Cancelled attack where it is most likely to happen, as knocking on the ground and going airborne neutralizes the hitstun, the command is immediately executed. Nothing like buffer. :)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
a super majority of things in melee dont have buffer.

you cant buffer anything from attacks.

i sure you can buffer jumps out of hitstun and i think stuff from wavedashes.

Melee does have buffer, but in specific cases. There is no universal buffer which is what everyone wonders. :V

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm guessing the patch won't be done by today? : (

I just don't want people raging at the tourney tomorrow because of the tumble glitch thing.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman

thx alot ^^

I would like to add it but don't want to replace SSE Jungle, I hope I can find a way to add the module file for it.

Anyway, seems that Puerto Rico is going to have its first brawl + tourney, I havent played the game since RC2 I think, what has changed since then? Especially for mk and TL which are my characters.
hey S@nt ^^

well, as for mk, I'm unaware of he's changes, but for toon I know that thx to the dead frame gone he can SH Boomerang to Quick arrow and also SH to Arrow + quick Arrow

he's killing power is not that high but he has some great gimps. all the rest he is a lil bit compared to he's RC2 version, but, has some more tweaks, might have more changes, but I'm unaware of them too

Also, is sheik's Chain Jacket harder to pull of now? I was able to do it in Vbrawl but in B+ takes me hard to time it

idk if the timming changed or has to do with the gravities

anyways, it can still be done, but for me it's harder

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
No prob. :)

Just make sure its PERFECT when you release it ;)
woot woot woot

yes to this

+10 yes

mmm no tumble glitch will make the cpu's much smarter while recovering

and I hope Temple+ make it in

I hope that in the future the cpu's get a better gameplay since Dantarion figured out the Danger hitboxes for the cpu so they dodge attacks better

.Marik

is a social misfit
Is anyone else having problems with the the 7.0 build?

5ive tried hosting a Brawl+ tournament, which I entered, only to have it freeze every time at the Stage Selection screen.

Every time he re-downloaded the codeset and booted it up, the same thing happened again. Over and over, until the event was cancelled.

I was pissed off, because 5ive tried so hard to make it work out, only to have the codeset glitch.

He contacted Bionic Sonic, please get this fixed.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm not certain on the specific details, but from the look of things, it was an inherent programming glitch that caused everything to freeze.

The coding needs to be fixed, because aside from that, I'm at a loss for explanations.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I assume it has something to do with an automatic packaging job for the updater that Bio had me set up.

It might of packaged something that should of not been packaged.

Hence why I say install Brawl+ manually. If you get the same error with a manual download/install, THEN you can say that there is a glitch in the gct or w/e.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else having problems with the the 7.0 build?

5ive tried hosting a Brawl+ tournament, which I entered, only to have it freeze every time at the Stage Selection screen.

Every time he re-downloaded the codeset and booted it up, the same thing happened again. Over and over, until the event was cancelled.

I was pissed off, because 5ive tried so hard to make it work out, only to have the codeset glitch.

He contacted Bionic Sonic, please get this fixed.
Is there a “st_exploit.bin” in sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\ ?

If so, delete it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I guess it could have been that, too, since downloading something via the auto-updater doesn't delete old files that shouldn't be there, anymore. But the text file still has the Disable Custom Stages code, so I would assume the .gct does, too, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Regardless, shouldn't the tournament host test out the files to see if it loads everything correctly without freezing before the actual day of the tournament... :ohwell:

.Marik

is a social misfit
I never actually did the downloading, I was also stoned as hell, but I watched 5ive download the files to the SD Cards, which all then promptly froze around the first or second match on the Wii's.

5ive had stuff to do, he came later on in the tournament.

The common5.pac sounds like a good explanation, though. I'll talk to him about it, or maybe he'll just post here himself.

5ive

Smash Champion
I guess it could have been that, too, since downloading something via the auto-updater doesn't delete old files that shouldn't be there, anymore. But the text file still has the Disable Custom Stages code, so I would assume the .gct does, too, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Regardless, shouldn't the tournament host test out the files to see if it loads everything correctly without freezing before the actual day of the tournament... :ohwell:
I came late, and we had to be out by 9. I was under some pressure to get this done. I had to set up other's SD cards. Also, internet was down at the venue for over an hour.

Yes, my previous codes were working, so I was obviously under the impression the updater was working correctly.

We had one set up working previously with 7.0. My mistake was my lazyness which in turn prevented me to simply drag the files over from my SD to the other's. I also ran MY card through the updater by mistake. This lead to some confusion, and ALL of the SD cards froze at the SS menu.

So in short, it was somewhat due to my lack of organization and preparation. But I have to honestly say, the freezing was the main cause of the cancellation. Good thing it wasn't a main event.

lord karn

Smash Master
I've been having the same problem with the freezing glitch. A quick fix to get around this is to change stage selection to random. This way it bypasses the stage select screen. It also works if you press start as soon as possible to start the match.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The common5 bug sounds all too familiar (read: beginning of GSH2) and I'm not really surprised; I honestly think the common5 may be attributed to 5ive's problem as well. Sorry for what happened at the tournament, 5ive. :ohwell: But to test this out, delete common5 and see if you have a stage select crash. If it's still there, there might be another GCT-related glitch.

I know for a fact that the main programming of the updater hasn't been changed since October; there may have been a few minor revisions like team textures and Riivolution support, but the way it downloads files has not been changed for a looong while. I know sometimes it may have a write glitch where you have to defrag the SD card, but I honestly don't think that is the issue since it was also a problem with a lot of SD cards, as opposed to one.

I'll still investigate this, but I urge you guys to delete common5.pac and see if it fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom