• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
Alright, I just had 2 downloaders in the IRC confirm, I made version2 of the downloader, and now it is in fact working. Your GCT date modified should say 8-12-2009, and size should be 16kv when viewed in the get properties.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I tried using the updated installer, and it still has errors overwriting files. X_X maybe that's ghneko's problem as well? or does he use linux?

shanus

Smash Hero
I tried using the updated installer, and it still has errors overwriting files. X_X maybe that's ghneko's problem as well? or does he use linux?
Ive heard you just need to delete .pac files which were already written in before.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well....the installer is supposed to overwrite them. And I already manually put everything in, so...yeah...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Guys you misunderstand me.

Do those 35 pacs REALLY do something? Do all 35 characters have new tweaks?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
because lucas was already a lot better than captain falcon.

EDIT: I did that auto-updater thing..and everyone's file was a success except for metaknight's. LOL

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
falcons not that good. he's decent. but I played a test build and he's getting better. I just wanna try him with the hitstun modifier stuff. now shush random.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
just put them in and stop whining.

but to answer your question, I'm not sure.
That's a bit rich coming from you don't you think?
Honestly, I already did but they don't seem to be doing anything. I just wanted to know what they did.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Why is it necessary to further nerf marth in every single build? He has way more nerfs than MK, it's ridiculous really.

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Okay so... I went to the nightly builds download site and got the .gct and the .pac files manually, because neither the updater nor the installer worked for me on windows.
Do I need the Plusery_Beta5_0.txt? Is that the new gameconfig.txt?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why is it necessary to further nerf marth in every single build? He has way more nerfs than MK, it's ridiculous really.
Have you seen the new attack power of Dolphin Slash? Have you even seen bair? Have you seen dsmash's attack power now? Did you notice teh speed ups off throws? Bthrow is viable now. <_<

Come on kid. I have yet to even play this build and I know that Marth hasn't been only nerf. <_<

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Actually, he got quite a few BUFFS, in addition to the nerfs.

Fair changes->make it have less shield advantage, but also makes it combo better

Uair changes->combos better, kills later

Bair changes->center combos better, tip kills better

D-smash-> kills better

D-tilt->combos better (into grab), worse for edgeguards

Side B->no longer ridiculous? (it's also A LOT of changes as it has A LOT of hitboxes)

Upthrow->combos better

Uptilt->combos better

All throws get better at what they do (whether it be tech chasing or comboing)

Yeah...I'm noticing a trend here. MARTH CAN COMBO! And his new physics make him move faster, but also make him more commited and more easily combo'd. The super mad gay Marth is gone, but the ZOMG **** Marth has taken his place.

@Neko, Up B changes aren't in the changelist? Are they in the set yet?
For people who don't know, the up B change would remove the invincibility on Marth's up B (except the frame when the hitbox comes out), but in exchange it would get a bigger hitbox with a tremendous KB increase (kill power!). Turning into a high risk high reward move, rather than medium risk low reward <_<.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
So Brawl + has basically totally moved over to PSA?

Wouldn't it have been better to keep using the codes and using PSA only for things that codes cannot do?

I ask this because while I'm aware that there was a limit on the lines of code isn't there also a limit on how much a character's .pac can load? As in the new .pac cannot exceed the old .pac's size?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no, it hasn't totally moved over to PSA >.> and a lot of changes are like one click in psa, whereas in code they'd be an entire line.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Actually, he got quite a few BUFFS, in addition to the nerfs.

Fair changes->make it have less shield advantage, but also makes it combo better

Uair changes->combos better, kills later

Bair changes->center combos better, tip kills better

D-smash-> kills better

D-tilt->combos better (into grab), worse for edgeguards

Side B->no longer ridiculous? (it's also A LOT of changes as it has A LOT of hitboxes)

Upthrow->combos better

Uptilt->combos better

All throws get better at what they do (whether it be tech chasing or comboing)

Yeah...I'm noticing a trend here. MARTH CAN COMBO! And his new physics make him move faster, but also make him more commited and more easily combo'd. The super mad gay Marth is gone, but the ZOMG **** Marth has taken his place.

@Neko, Up B changes aren't in the changelist? Are they in the set yet?
For people who don't know, the up B change would remove the invincibility on Marth's up B (except the frame when the hitbox comes out), but in exchange it would get a bigger hitbox with a tremendous KB increase (kill power!). Turning into a high risk high reward move, rather than medium risk low reward <_<.
And isn't that the answer to life? I actually PLAY as Marth.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I love how we completely skipped over an official 4.2 release, regardless of the fact that this nightly has so few changes, and evn fewer large changes. Then again, that could simply be a sign that we're finally nearing Gold.

I also love how Kirby has basically not changed at all since, like, ever.

I also love how like half the changelist is dedicated to Marth's Side-B.

I also love how everybody was *****ing about the SSS, especially since I have not had one problem.

Also, Ganon's utilt change has got to be the most ridiculous idea I have ever seen. But I also love it.

In other words, Im kinda bummed about how long we needed to wait for the PSA port, but I'm even more bummed with how little we did with it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
So Brawl + has basically totally moved over to PSA?

Wouldn't it have been better to keep using the codes and using PSA only for things that codes cannot do?

I ask this because while I'm aware that there was a limit on the lines of code isn't there also a limit on how much a character's .pac can load? As in the new .pac cannot exceed the old .pac's size?
You'd still have to replace the PAC files even if you only made one change, so really there's no reason NOT to go all the way if you're using PSA at all.

Codes are still used for framespeed changes, general physics, ect, ect, but PSA takes over a large portion of the character specific stuff.

And the limit for how much you can fit in a pac is probably much, much larger than anything we could ever use it for. The game only loads the pacs that are NEEDED (as in, it only loads the characters that are actually playing), so it's unlikely that we'll be overloading it any time soon.

In other words, Im kinda bummed about how long we needed to wait for the PSA port, but I'm even more bummed with how little we did with it.
Well, there wasn't really much we could do with it without the change just becoming a gimick (lol Sonic HA attack is sexy now). PSA can do some powerful stuff, but it's mostly for changing the move entirely (adding invincibility, adding cancels, changing animations or adding hitboxes), rather than buffs and nerfs. It did get some practical uses for brawl+ (giving Falcon a "true" reverse knee. Fox's jump cancel shine:p. Bowser supercrawl, ect.), but it's a lot MORE useful for designing your own movesets.

iLink

Smash Champion
Hmm would it be possible to speed up Lucario's down-b attack animation with PSA? I tried to do it myself but I'm still getting the hang of it.

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Early impressions, beware!

Bowser
-Nair (stuff)
-Utilt shifted 1000 units positive x offset
Aww, Nair lost both the gimp and the penetration/range. :^( What does the Utilt change do?

Ganon
-Jab (stuff)
-Utilt (stuff)
Jab feels similar but looks different - was it worsened or buffed?

As much fun as Utilt is and sucking someone into a jab, I don't particularly care for it. It feels like a glitch. You can interrupt the Utilt as fast as you can throw out a jab, so always throwing it out when an opponent is approaching feels spammy. FYI, the IASA can be interrupted with ANY action (even moving), unlike normal IASA which is more specific to attacks/shield/dodge.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
As much fun as Utilt is and sucking someone into a jab, I don't particularly care for it. It feels like a glitch. You can interrupt the Utilt as fast as you can throw out a jab, so always throwing it out when an opponent is approaching feels spammy. FYI, the IASA can be interrupted with ANY action (even moving), unlike normal IASA which is more specific to attacks/shield/dodge.
Hmm...that's a decent point. IASA uptilt is pretty sexy, but maybe it should be limited to only certain actions?

D

Deleted member

just want to say my fears about PSA were unfounded. the autoupdater (i dont have a PC) sounds perfect for what we need.

please make mac! <3

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Okay so... I went to the nightly builds download site and got the .gct and the .pac files manually, because neither the updater nor the installer worked for me on windows.
Do I need the Plusery_Beta5_0.txt? Is that the new gameconfig.txt?
That's what I get for replying at the end of a page, noone noticed!

crazy brawler

Smash Cadet
i think i prefert them with code then pac file because if someone will put a pac file for marth for exemple and you have the brawl+ pac file in the way, you will lose the brawl+ change for this character

edit: if that continue like that, someone please put a download link for brawl+ 4.2 so that i will play this version for the rest of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom