• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I read somewhere awhile ago that there is a way to alter stage boundaries. is that true? I would like to see something done with that. I'm tired of playing on mansion and living to 170% as MK, and then playing on warioware the next match and dying from the sides at like 50% from a knee.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I have to agree that Luigi's Mansion upwards is a little ridiculous. Warioware I don't really play on but I did remember it being tiny boundaries.

Fox's lasers probably should not be un-capped... he spams enough as is. I'm all for Falco getting his capped.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I read somewhere awhile ago that there is a way to alter stage boundaries. is that true? I would like to see something done with that. I'm tired of playing on mansion and living to 170% as MK, and then playing on warioware the next match and dying from the sides at like 50% from a knee.
We've already expanded WW's boundaries, actually. And tbh, I think they might be a little bit too large for the stage.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
oh really? thats kinda cool. is it in the latest build? I haven't really noticed much =/

but yeah, I think luigi's need to shrink a little, at least the ceiling does, that ****s ridiculously high

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Can anyone else do smash taunts with the latest nightly set? The Codec calls or Star Fox calls. I could not due it for the life of me last night. I was using the Roy codeset and a pitch modifier to try and find a suitable voice for Roy, but I don't think those would have caused it.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
yea b+ is pretty fun now. please don't listen to people who say jiggs needs a buff, fox needs a laser buff, or falco needs a laser nerf(this is what I've gotten out of reading the past few pages). they are fine as they are. also about falcon's dair (something I proposed) I no longer agree with it, it's fine the way he is. if it changes id adjust but he's ok the way he is. d3 sucks in singles but he's really good in doubles. also, I don't think nerfing marth was really necessary. zelda's lag on her upb should be put back to regular not just slowed down from whatever speed it was before. also, ivysaur's leaves should be slowed down some more. not slow, but not spammable.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ivy sucks even with the sped up leaves (in fact, they are much slower now as already mentioned). Once you start comboing him, it's easy to get him offstage where he is terrible and just edgeguard the **** out of him. He's easier to deal with than most people think.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
"she needs all the help she can get"
"its pretty tolerable"
yeah..lmao. play good players or someone who will purposely abuse it just to prove how stupid it is. but w/e, most of the people arguing for stuff like this probably just think "since im no good with her she needs a, b, and c".

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
anyways, on a stage related note, I think that the Online Practice Stage (New Pork City) is RIDICULOUSLY huge, and if possible the boundaries need to be altered. I was playing doubles on that stage recently and the matches were lasting 5-6 minutes just because of the largeness of the stage. I didn't play any singles on it, but from what I could see in doubles, that would take long as well.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
is there any way to get samus's missile cancel working properly again? an i think her bombs should explode on contact exactly as they did in 64/melee.
Afaik, Samus Missile cancel works in Brawl, it just has ****ty timing, which makes it less useful (also the floatiness of Brawl). I main Samus in Melee and i've never get used to the new timing, but i think it's possible to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l6WF2DTcY4

Doesn't mean it should be buffed, Samus is definitely not top tier in B+.

Also, bombs exploding on contact-> that definitely should be in Brawl+. Why the hell did sakurai remove it?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Also, can you make it so that samus can do anything after she explodes from her own bomb? It is really annoying when you get spiked after trying to bomb jump because you can't do anything.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
This is regaurding Kupo's set.........Not the normal set.

Kupo, for your set you don't need the link sweetspot angle change. The reason why it helps him in regular B+ is because it auto cancels so he can follow up with actual combo strings as its one of his best starters. In your set it actually HURTS him because of the landing lag. It doesn't space enough it if hits for the amount of lag you gave it. You bassically added lag to a move changed to a combo starter so for YOUR SET KUPO, you probably could change that angle back.

Just thought I'd let you know. Don't copy everything from the plussery set into yours without more careful analysis.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
but the dancing blade is easy to avoid/ punishable. now its no fun to fight marth with my pika (still kills my sonic/ kirby/ tink though, lol).

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Also, bombs exploding on contact-> that definitely should be in Brawl+. Why the hell did sakurai remove it?
clearly it was too cheap, duh

but the dancing blade is easy to avoid/ punishable.
uhhhh what? dancing blade is overpowered as all hell in b+. it may be easy to avoid if the marth is bad at using it, but usually its linked within a combo or just used AS a punishment tool. you can't punish it really, because he can just dolphin slash...or dancing blade you again lol. you can't even try to punish him if he shields after it, because you'll just get dolphin slashed

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
i can sheild or roll behind then d-smash (as pika). but marth is their second, though.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
it takes longer to end dancing blade and turn around then roll and d-smash with the d-pad (cause i use wiimote+nunchuck and i still wanna c-stick).

edit: i think.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i can never be too sure, you always seem mad scrubby. :\
not calling you a scrub, just saying =]

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
i can never be too sure, you always seem mad scrubby. :\
not calling you a scrub, just saying =]
I say stuff just to get a reaction out of people most of the time.

trust me, 90% of the time I know what I'm talking about, the other 10% is probably me posting when I'm high or something.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I want to ask again...can anyone get smash taunts to work? The codec calls and star fox calls specifically. I'm going back to vBrawl if we somehow got rid of them...

bajisci

Smash Ace
I want to ask again...can anyone get smash taunts to work? The codec calls and star fox calls specifically. I'm going back to vBrawl if we somehow got rid of them...
i honestly dont even remember how to do them ><

ive done the samus> zss one if thats relevant

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
GoG I tested it and it worked fine for me (The codec thing) I think its probably just harder with lower buffer.

I'm not using the roy codeset
It was against yoshi

bajisci

Smash Ace
just a thought but if you froze japes wouldnt it not suck as hard? regular water and no ******y flap trap? id imagine it **** up the water but idk how it works

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
japes is gonna suck no matter what lol. just watch the timer, you can keep track of the klaptrap that way, plus you can SDI it and tech the stage. its incredibly hard, but it can be done

bajisci

Smash Ace
i know u can track the klaptrap i just think it has potential to maybe be legit if it was frozen -_-

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
even if its possible to freeze it, the stage layout sucks. people are just gonna camp the stage anyways.

the stage sucked in melee and sucks in brawl, its just gonna suck lol

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
I think reversing it like Pirate Ship would keep the water moving. It's still not great, but it's better without the Klaptrap.

KAN

Smash Cadet
Can you make it so, that Bowser's fair feels like it should?
It doesn't do the satisfying sound like in Melee and the knockback is stupid. The angle should be so, that Bowser can actually KO early and doesn't send the opponent almost straight upwards (DI).
Also his Up-B is still not the good fortress. It needs more priority and the whole move should be sped up, so you do not actually get punished for a landed move on lower percents.

The whole Bowser in Brawl+ is just not that satisfying. Also his floatiness doesn't suit him.
That is not how Bowser is supposed to feel. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom